Jump to topic:

It's a rip-off!

brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 5:09:19 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
The Maritim Hotel Frankfurt charges 28 euros ($36 / £34) for their buffet breakfast.

http://www.maritim.de...

This is not some posh boutique hotel in some exotic location catering for celebrities and the mega-rich – it's just a modern, featureless, four-star city centre hotel patronised by investment accountants, systems engineers and other similarly mundane nobodies like me.

28 euros for a bit of scraggy, dried-up bacon and some congealed eggs is a shameless rip-off but, unfortunately, most hotels charge like a wounded bull for brekkers.

It's wrong, but if there's nowhere else to eat locally, your only choice is to pay up or go to your meetings hungry.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 5:45:25 AM
If you are staying there and paying that then you are part of the evil plutocracy growing fat on the blood of the worker! Viva la revolution!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 8:10:33 AM
go to a diner... and get a delicious bacon egg and cheese :) on a freshly baked delicious NY bagel :)

oh.. wait you're in britain aren't ya. :/

I just realized a likely reason for Zet's being a skeleton.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 8:35:40 AM
Was at a crappy hotel in Montreal last summer with a breakfast for $40!!!!! Each person $40!!!!!! There were three of us, and it was $120.00 for a really standard breakfast, okay the croissants were good, but still.

The best breakfasts are at Irish B & B's. The full Irish mmmmmmmmm, and cheap too. It's all included and you can find some really decent places.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 8:37:26 AM
At 1/18/2011 8:10:33 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
go to a diner... and get a delicious bacon egg and cheese :) on a freshly baked delicious NY bagel :)

oh.. wait you're in britain aren't ya. :

Frankfurt is in Germany
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 10:13:49 AM
At 1/18/2011 8:37:26 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

oh.. wait you're in britain aren't ya. :

Frankfurt is in Germany

oops!... and the fact that he posted the price in Euros prolly should've clued me in too. :/
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 8:04:22 PM
Get McDonald's.
Trans-fats galore, and it will probably give you a coronary, but it's delicious.
I miss the old members.
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2011 12:02:11 AM
At 1/18/2011 8:04:22 PM, Atheism wrote:
Get McDonald's.
Trans-fats galore, and it will probably give you a coronary, but it's delicious.

McGriddle's are the most superior breakfast sandwich of the fast food world.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2011 11:08:01 AM

oh.. wait you're in britain aren't ya. :/

I just realized a likely reason for Zet's being a skeleton.

Just because our meals are not all three times the size of our stomachs and covered in five inches of molten cheese does not mean that we don't eat well.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.