Jump to topic:

The Walking Dead

Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 10:05:20 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Why I put this in society vs entertainment: it's a fvcking phenomena!

This show brought 'zombie apocalypse ' into the lexicon. It is referred to everywhere.

That being said, anyone else done with it? Even with finding how the show submits to negan's Lucille, and the introduction of king Ezekiel...this is probably my last season.
Dujec
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 11:53:48 PM
At 10/22/2016 10:05:20 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

This show brought 'zombie apocalypse ' into the lexicon. It is referred to everywhere.

That being said, anyone else done with it? Even with finding how the show submits to negan's Lucille, and the introduction of king Ezekiel...this is probably my last season.

Right category in this case I agree... You're stopping even with the long game in the works? The comic is still going strong and reaching one of the better arcs. What put you off before the season concludes?

I'm guessing Negan will target Maggie or possibly Abraham and that Glenn will live but the show has thrown a lot of curves.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 12:04:04 AM
At 10/22/2016 11:53:48 PM, Dujec wrote:

Right category in this case I agree... You're stopping even with the long game in the works? The comic is still going strong and reaching one of the better arcs. What put you off before the season concludes?

I'm guessing Negan will target Maggie or possibly Abraham and that Glenn will live but the show has thrown a lot of curves.

If they kill Maggie, I'm definitely done. She looks identical to my ex.

Why I've gotten bored with it? Not sure. after terminus it got a bit stale for me.
Dujec
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 12:16:00 AM
At 10/23/2016 12:04:04 AM, Stymie13 wrote:

Why I've gotten bored with it? Not sure. after terminus it got a bit stale for me.

Well, I'd have to agree but every show has it's slumps. I think the most recent season showed some clear signs of a recovery.

I agree, Maggie would be rough but it would make an interesting twist/new dynamic from the comics. I'm concerned that Daryl or Michonne also may fit the hints in the trailer.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 12:27:09 AM
At 10/23/2016 12:16:00 AM, Dujec wrote:

Well, I'd have to agree but every show has it's slumps. I think the most recent season showed some clear signs of a recovery.

I agree, Maggie would be rough but it would make an interesting twist/new dynamic from the comics. I'm concerned that Daryl or Michonne also may fit the hints in the trailer.

Rumor is Abraham. Hope not as dolphin smooth, mother dlck, and 'who's ...' are the best. Eugenes came to far. Tara would do.

Jeffrey Dean will be a great Negan.

The 'heros' are just that because it's centered on them. Fear did a better job of highlighting that aspect.
Dujec
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 12:58:20 AM
At 10/23/2016 12:27:09 AM, Stymie13 wrote:

Rumor is Abraham. Hope not as dolphin smooth, mother dlck, and 'who's ...' are the best. Eugenes came to far. Tara would do.

The 'heros' are just that because it's centered on them. Fear did a better job of highlighting that aspect.

Ah, I thought the dolphin smooth was a double standards joke but I don't think the character would be missed. The cast has all indicated a tragedy. I agree with Joe Abercrombie when it comes to heroes. They don't exist and that is a lesson worth learning early.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 1:16:50 AM
At 10/23/2016 12:58:20 AM, Dujec wrote:

Ah, I thought the dolphin smooth was a double standards joke but I don't think the character would be missed. The cast has all indicated a tragedy. I agree with Joe Abercrombie when it comes to heroes. They don't exist and that is a lesson worth learning early.

Heroes epitomize the human ideal. I love marvel but DC captures the line better.batman and superman, their interplay can teach reality much
Dujec
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 1:39:28 AM
At 10/23/2016 1:16:50 AM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 10/23/2016 12:58:20 AM, Dujec wrote:

Heroes epitomize the human ideal. I love marvel but DC captures the line better.batman and superman, their interplay can teach reality much

Well, I agree with you there. The idea itself can inspire change toward a better life and I do enjoy reading/writing fiction.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 2:49:26 AM
Why I put this in society vs entertainment: it's the fvcking alcohol

Yup
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 3:03:12 AM

I love the show. I'm very excited for the first episode of season 7, but my God's name, I will not watch that show if Rick dies.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
MattTheDreamer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 10:25:55 AM

I got bored with it way before you did. Ever since the governor died it seemed like the show was trying to shoehorn in new villains that did almost nothing before they died. Not to mention I can only stand so much wandering through the woods before I get sick of it lol.
Dujec
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 4:30:24 PM
At 10/23/2016 2:49:26 AM, Quadrunner wrote:

Yup

Is that like when your subconscious goes over your head conscious to make a point or more like when a numb, glass half full (NA) skeptic forgets to filter a thought before announcing it.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 5:27:37 PM
At 10/23/2016 4:30:24 PM, Dujec wrote:

Yup

Is that like when your subconscious goes over your head conscious to make a point or more like when a numb, glass half full (NA) skeptic forgets to filter a thought before announcing it.

What's NA?
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Dujec
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 5:42:15 PM
At 10/23/2016 5:27:37 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/23/2016 4:30:24 PM, Dujec wrote:

Yup

What's NA?

Normally Ambiguous (it's a bred in trait)
Dujec
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 9:41:01 PM
Unsettling when you're on the wrong side of it but it's honestly not that hard to get right with me. So I dised both of twice? When I kick the shakes I can be a dg Turkish Delight (C.S. Lewis fans?).
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 7:36:13 AM

I saw the premiere, it isn't Maggie who dies :)
Meh!
Dujec
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 7:41:18 PM
At 10/24/2016 7:36:13 AM, Axonly wrote:

I saw the premiere, it isn't Maggie who dies :)

Yeah, I saw it this morning. Tragic, one of my favorite characters from the show. Maggie's great, still looking forward to the season. If Daryl could have just seen one of the keep calm memes but I guess it could have gone much worse.