Jump to topic:

Why are so many of you concerned about blacks

Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2016 10:56:04 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
After several attempts to create threads to help bridge misunderstandings about some of the aspects of "black culture" considering that I am of that demographic, I still continue to see many of you posting threads about the same ole topics. The world has approximately 7 billion plus people with all types of issues yet many of you continue to harp on the same old stuff. It is quite annoying and sad that a lot of you continue to focus on it and I get the impression that no matter what someone eloquently relates to you about some of the redundant issues a lot of you post, you continue to have issues.

Quite frankly I think many of you want to continue with your beliefs but I just gotta know why so many of you want to discuss the same stuff relating to black people after I have actually made threads to answer some of your questions?
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2016 11:21:21 PM
At 10/26/2016 10:56:04 PM, Hiu wrote:
After several attempts to create threads to help bridge misunderstandings about some of the aspects of "black culture" considering that I am of that demographic, I still continue to see many of you posting threads about the same ole topics. The world has approximately 7 billion plus people with all types of issues yet many of you continue to harp on the same old stuff. It is quite annoying and sad that a lot of you continue to focus on it and I get the impression that no matter what someone eloquently relates to you about some of the redundant issues a lot of you post, you continue to have issues.

Quite frankly I think many of you want to continue with your beliefs but I just gotta know why so many of you want to discuss the same stuff relating to black people after I have actually made threads to answer some of your questions?

Same reason many have conceptions about hillbillies, Mexicans, and in times past Chinese, Japanese, etc...

The thing is race relations have been beat into the populace via the election and from Zimmerman on. It's like trying to escape the cubs in the World Series.

I mostly comment and start threads on international topics, sports, and science articles.

I mock race relations because I just don't give a BEEP!!!!

Be well buddy
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2016 11:35:31 PM
At 10/26/2016 11:21:21 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

Same reason many have conceptions about hillbillies, Mexicans, and in times past Chinese, Japanese, etc...

The thing is race relations have been beat into the populace via the election and from Zimmerman on. It's like trying to escape the cubs in the World Series.

I mostly comment and start threads on international topics, sports, and science articles.

I mock race relations because I just don't give a BEEP!!!!

Be well buddy

Actually race relations have been beat into the populace before Zimmerman.....Ergo O.J. case, bombing of Birmingham etc but you didn't answer the question....This website specifically gravitates towards demeaning blacks with the same rhetorical nonsense or discussion about BLM or making generalizations...Again Stymie you don't help the problem you avoid it which is like a pancreatic cancer patient not caring about treatment.
Fernyx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 12:21:41 AM

The concern is probably because of demonstration. Bring attention to a group and it will cause attention to be given in return.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 1:59:38 AM

Maybe because I care about Blacks becoming equal with Whites socio-economically? And because I find leftist views on race relations indirectly drive black nationalism and more racial division?
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 12:24:45 PM

There's lots of reasons. The forced guilt that whites are suppose to have because of the privilege. My ansestorts didn't come to the U.S. until after slavery, but we all get lumped in together because the color of our skin ironically. Then you have Hillary who will "speak directly to the whites" because clearly she's an authority and race relations, as long are you aren't a super predator I guess. So the blaming and finger pointing is getting tiresome for sure. However peace and harmony benefits us all, and only a fool couldn't see that. Yet for all the endless hours of speeches and media attention I see little if any productive value in any of it, which is sad to be sure. All of this is causing people to be very jaded and hypersensitive. Elvis Costello Peace, Love And Understanding
Robkwoods
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 5:39:26 PM

"No greater injury can be done to any youth than to let him feel
that because he belongs to this or that race he will be advanced in life
regardless of his own merits or efforts." ~BTW
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 8:02:04 PM

Amen to this. I mean, fine, make a thread asking about black people. I dont mind. But the problem is, real black people show up, answer all the questions, all say the same thing and somehow we are wrong.

I mean I just got into a debate over how Madea makes black people inferior because black people are boycotting the Oscars for movies like Medea Halloween when we really only like the movie because of the all black cast. MADEA!!! I m arguing about Madea. We are boycotting the Oscars for Madea. Bruh
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 8:17:35 PM

I'm concerned about the cycle of poverty, births out of wedlock, the unemployed, the people growing up surrounded in criminal tradition, having to fear people that should be helping you. Blacks make up a significant amount of the people effected, so I am concerned over that portion.

Its not like BLM for me though. Blacks just happen to be included.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 8:22:44 PM

Also, your posts do things like labeling white culture as a standard for America....without proof.

How is that helping anything? I've given a break on reading your material.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 8:31:17 PM
At 10/27/2016 8:17:35 PM, Quadrunner wrote:

I'm concerned about the cycle of poverty, births out of wedlock, the unemployed, the people growing up surrounded in criminal tradition, having to fear people that should be helping you. Blacks make up a significant amount of the people effected, so I am concerned over that portion.

Its not like BLM for me though. Blacks just happen to be included.

well yeah, but that doesn't make for good tv or create unneeded strife and tension, not enough people are really concerned about solving real problems, too easy to blame which is why not much has really changed in almost forever?
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 9:18:33 PM

Why is it that black people can only talk about being black? It's their only subject. I find it quite strange. All other races have a multitude of subjects to discuss. With black people it's always about being black and nothing else.
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 10:06:22 PM
At 10/28/2016 9:18:33 PM, janesix wrote:

Why is it that black people can only talk about being black? It's their only subject. I find it quite strange. All other races have a multitude of subjects to discuss. With black people it's always about being black and nothing else.

Pretty sure we talk about other stuff. But you in the society forum on a debating website so...
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 5:49:39 AM
At 10/27/2016 12:21:41 AM, Fernyx wrote:

The concern is probably because of demonstration. Bring attention to a group and it will cause attention to be given in return.

I have demonstrated some patience which should dispell any stereotype that people have here regarding an entire demographic. I can easily say ALL WHITES are racist by the attitudes I see here....No granted I don't know the ethnic makeup of everyone but judging by the attitudes and the rhetorical threads I can assume (based on the attitudes I've seen online) there are a lot of caucasians that have these attitudes.
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 5:50:34 AM
At 10/27/2016 1:59:38 AM, triangle.128k wrote:

Maybe because I care about Blacks becoming equal with Whites socio-economically? And because I find leftist views on race relations indirectly drive black nationalism and more racial division?

I highly doubt that...

Remember your private message to me?

"We waz kangz and shiit"
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 5:53:02 AM
At 10/27/2016 12:24:45 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

There's lots of reasons. The forced guilt that whites are suppose to have because of the privilege. My ansestorts didn't come to the U.S. until after slavery, but we all get lumped in together because the color of our skin ironically. Then you have Hillary who will "speak directly to the whites" because clearly she's an authority and race relations, as long are you aren't a super predator I guess. So the blaming and finger pointing is getting tiresome for sure. However peace and harmony benefits us all, and only a fool couldn't see that. Yet for all the endless hours of speeches and media attention I see little if any productive value in any of it, which is sad to be sure. All of this is causing people to be very jaded and hypersensitive. Elvis Costello Peace, Love And Understanding

Sorry to tell you whites in the United States history have caused a lot of harm to a lot of cultures throughout history....Now your ancestory may not have done anything but unfortunately historically a lot of whites have done harm which created a residual effect of resentment from not just blacks but hispanics, native Americans and others.....
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 5:56:56 AM
At 10/27/2016 8:02:04 PM, Df0512 wrote:

Amen to this. I mean, fine, make a thread asking about black people. I dont mind. But the problem is, real black people show up, answer all the questions, all say the same thing and somehow we are wrong.

I mean I just got into a debate over how Madea makes black people inferior because black people are boycotting the Oscars for movies like Medea Halloween when we really only like the movie because of the all black cast. MADEA!!! I m arguing about Madea. We are boycotting the Oscars for Madea. Bruh

Thank you! I don't think they hear me tho....
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 5:59:20 AM
At 10/27/2016 8:22:44 PM, Quadrunner wrote:

Also, your posts do things like labeling white culture as a standard for America....without proof.

Actually I make labels and most specifically label the people here based on the attitudes I see here. Whether you want to admit it or not, white culture is THE standard ion the United States. Fropm behavior to beauty there is always a litmus test based on culture.
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 6:15:37 AM

Because "black people" like my grand dad have been demeaned for being a different pigmentation for ages. Because black people had had to use seperate facilities for being black. Because when my grand ad served in WW2 he had to sit behind German POW's because blacks weren't allowed to sit in front of whites...That is why black emphasize their blackness.

However you missed the topic...If you look in the society section, how often do you see threads about blacks talking about being black? 0......Yet you have others talking about blacks allll the time.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 6:24:23 AM
At 10/29/2016 5:59:20 AM, Hiu wrote:

Actually I make labels and most specifically label the people here based on the attitudes I see here. Whether you want to admit it or not, white culture is THE standard ion the United States. Fropm behavior to beauty there is always a litmus test based on culture.

What's a litmus test, and how does it help anything?
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 6:30:06 AM
At 10/29/2016 6:15:37 AM, Hiu wrote:

Because "black people" like my grand dad have been demeaned for being a different pigmentation for ages. Because black people had had to use seperate facilities for being black. Because when my grand ad served in WW2 he had to sit behind German POW's because blacks weren't allowed to sit in front of whites...That is why black emphasize their blackness.

However you missed the topic...If you look in the society section, how often do you see threads about blacks talking about being black? 0......Yet you have others talking about blacks allll the time.

Apologies if my comments came across as bluntly as theirs did.
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 9:09:43 AM
At 10/29/2016 6:24:23 AM, Quadrunner wrote:

Standards of beauty are based on white culture...Ergo light skin, straight hair, etc The litmus test is how people of color compare themselves to white culture..
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 12:23:04 PM
At 10/29/2016 9:09:43 AM, Hiu wrote:

Standards of beauty are based on white culture...Ergo light skin, straight hair, etc The litmus test is how people of color compare themselves to white culture..

Standards of "beauty" are based on what, generally speaking, each gender is interested in fvcking, and the biological queues that might give us subconsciously to fertility.

Feel free to fact check, currently I cannot link the article, however composites of what men and women consider beautiful don't follow homogenous ancestral lines.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 1:35:52 PM

Your unsubstantiated claim like all the others, is being taken seriously, taken note of, and put in the vault of unusable information awaiting supporting evidence.

1. Why are you so obsessed with comparing yourself to your racist view of white people?

2. If you just choose to be the best you want to be, and make whatever goals in your life happen without comparing yourself to others, would your standing be any different? I think this is an interesting question, for ones way of tackling life in general.

3. Elaborating, what would happen if you stopped choosing to make them the standard that you and potentially the implicit individuals in your life bolstering your view, not everyone, are proven to measure yourselves off of?
NHN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 1:44:08 PM
The redundant posts actually fill a psychological function: they manifest the inferiority of black culture while suggesting that further assimilation to white majority culture is the only viable option.

This is the conformist imperative. In short, assimilate or face exclusion, poverty, stigma.

The very nature of ideology, in the Marxian sense (https://www.marxists.org...) -- that is to say, as the confusion of linguistic and phenomenal reality, as socially necessary illusion, or as ideas which legitimate a dominant political power -- prohibits individuals of markedly different backgrounds from reaching a mutual understanding through dialogue.

In this regard, those who make the anti-BLM threads are signaling their ideologically motivated position to like-minded individuals, while simultaneously drawing in those who oppose them. But rather than a Sisyphean activity, the sheer force and scope of those threads successfully achieve their aim: to crowd out other voices, perspectives.
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 3:32:27 PM
At 10/29/2016 1:44:08 PM, NHN wrote:
The redundant posts actually fill a psychological function: they manifest the inferiority of black culture while suggesting that further assimilation to white majority culture is the only viable option.

This is the conformist imperative. In short, assimilate or face exclusion, poverty, stigma.

The very nature of ideology, in the Marxian sense (https://www.marxists.org...) -- that is to say, as the confusion of linguistic and phenomenal reality, as socially necessary illusion, or as ideas which legitimate a dominant political power -- prohibits individuals of markedly different backgrounds from reaching a mutual understanding through dialogue.

In this regard, those who make the anti-BLM threads are signaling their ideologically motivated position to like-minded individuals, while simultaneously drawing in those who oppose them. But rather than a Sisyphean activity, the sheer force and scope of those threads successfully achieve their aim: to crowd out other voices, perspectives.

Your saying these people actually believe we will one day admit we are inferior and give in and "assimilate" to white culture.

I think this was Hiu point. How can that mindset even exist when in this day and age. On this site, with so many black people that can educate you on black people. I guess it never stops because there is always someone else to fan the flame.
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 3:43:02 PM
At 10/29/2016 12:23:04 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Standards of "beauty" are based on what, generally speaking, each gender is interested in fvcking, and the biological queues that might give us subconsciously to fertility.

Feel free to fact check, currently I cannot link the article, however composites of what men and women consider beautiful don't follow homogenous ancestral lines.

Just had to throw in my 2 cent here.

I think strands of beauty originate from white culture. And I mean literally. Don't know if you've heard of Madam cj walker.

"Sarah Breedlove, known as Madam C. J. Walker, was an African American entrepreneur, philanthropist, and a political and social activist."

More importantly she was a beauty expert of her time that invented hair relaxer. Sounds kind of funny I know but hair relaxer enabled black woman to explore different beauty options more culturally expectable in that time.

Black woman didn't want to look like slaves. They wanted to look like Americans, which incidentally were all white. Although, I think you explanation is more relative to modern times for sure.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 3:56:15 PM
At 10/29/2016 5:50:34 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/27/2016 1:59:38 AM, triangle.128k wrote:

I highly doubt that...

Remember your private message to me?

"We waz kangz and shiit"

I was obviously trolling; you must have been an actual idiot to take that seriously.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 4:12:31 PM
At 10/29/2016 3:43:02 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 10/29/2016 12:23:04 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Just had to throw in my 2 cent here.

I think strands of beauty originate from white culture. And I mean literally. Don't know if you've heard of Madam cj walker.

"Sarah Breedlove, known as Madam C. J. Walker, was an African American entrepreneur, philanthropist, and a political and social activist."

More importantly she was a beauty expert of her time that invented hair relaxer. Sounds kind of funny I know but hair relaxer enabled black woman to explore different beauty options more culturally expectable in that time.

Black woman didn't want to look like slaves. They wanted to look like Americans, which incidentally were all white. Although, I think you explanation is more relative to modern times for sure.

... straight hair is "white"?

I think the more appropriate descriptor would be that black women didn't want to look like slaves, and wanted to look like anything except for what they were previously as a slave. To wit:

http://dances.indobase.com...

Pretty sure this is not white.

http://www.chrisrowthorn.com...

Pretty sure this is not white, too.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...

Much the same.

https://en.wikipedia.org...

^ granted, these are wigs, but you are going to have a hard time convincing me that white culture appropriated ancient Egyptian styles of beauty.

And alternatively...

https://upload.wikimedia.org...

Interesting, eh?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
NHN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 5:47:19 PM
At 10/29/2016 3:32:27 PM, Df0512 wrote:
Your saying these people actually believe we will one day admit we are inferior and give in and "assimilate" to white culture.
Yes, insofar as they are conscious of their actions. Blindfolded by ideology, they are often parroting words that convince them of what is "helpful," and the end goal is an assimilation in which black is just a darker shade of white.

It ultimately regards the delusion of a "black pathology" (re: Ta-Nehisi Coates http://www.theatlantic.com...), which manifests in society as statistical overrepresentation regarding anything from high divorce rates, high unemployment, criminality, drug addiction, education deficits, etc. By extension, this implies the necessity of assimilation, as "black pathology" is seen as the effect of black culture on American society.

In that sense, the goal is to remove the "corrupting" element -- i.e., erase black culture and force assimilation -- in a move that is supposedly for the greater good. And that should be a repellent to any thinking individual. For, as Thoreau put it, "If I knew for a certainty that a man was coming to my house with the conscious design of doing me good, I should run for my life."

I think this was Hiu point. How can that mindset even exist when in this day and age. On this site, with so many black people that can educate you on black people. I guess it never stops because there is always someone else to fan the flame.
It only takes one fervent racist, and a handful of bandwagoning conformists tagging along, to maintain these prejudicial practices.