Total Posts:54|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Where are all the Blue Lives Matter people?

ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 3:01:38 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
Are conservative whites fighting a war on police? They are the demographic that kills the most officers...

http://www.cnn.com...

There were so many outrage threads in the aftermath of the Dallas shooting... Can't imagine why there are none about this one.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 3:14:48 AM
At 11/3/2016 3:01:38 AM, ford_prefect wrote:
Are conservative whites fighting a war on police? They are the demographic that kills the most officers...

There were so many outrage threads in the aftermath of the Dallas shooting... Can't imagine why there are none about this one.

Clearly, you know the answer to that question. If it was a black gang banger that shot cops, the [entirely white, middle class usually subusbanites] would have a field day with it. If it's some white trash redneck, then they're not going to say anything, for the obvious reasons: shooter was white.
Tsar of DDO
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 3:22:10 AM
At 11/3/2016 3:14:48 AM, YYW wrote:

Clearly, you know the answer to that question. If it was a black gang banger that shot cops, the [entirely white, middle class usually subusbanites] would have a field day with it. If it's some white trash redneck, then they're not going to say anything, for the obvious reasons: shooter was white.

Sad, but very true.
Kynikos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 3:38:26 AM
"Supporting the police" isn't about supporting the police.

Maybe the Black Panthers were right all along.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 4:58:36 AM
Whites comprise the majority of the population. On a per capita basis I'm sure that blacks kill cops much more frequently.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 5:00:20 AM
In any case, whites didn't start the virulently anti-cop movement which is BLM.

The DDO Blog:

keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 6:57:50 AM
How about the whites go back to europe, the blacks go back to africa and give the country back to the indians?

Alternatively americans should have their guns taken away until they learn to play nicely together.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 1:27:00 PM
At 11/3/2016 4:58:36 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Whites comprise the majority of the population. On a per capita basis I'm sure that blacks kill cops much more frequently.

So you only care about adjusting per capita when it helps white people look less violent. How about when police kill unarmed black men at a higher rate than unarmed white men? Or is the response to that still "police kill more whites than blacks"
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 1:27:12 PM
At 11/3/2016 6:57:50 AM, keithprosser wrote:
How about the whites go back to europe, the blacks go back to africa and give the country back to the indians?

Alternatively americans should have their guns taken away until they learn to play nicely together.

lol
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 1:40:47 PM
At 11/3/2016 1:27:00 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

So you only care about adjusting per capita when it helps white people look less violent. How about when police kill unarmed black men at a higher rate than unarmed white men? Or is the response to that still "police kill more whites than blacks"

Both the numbers of people killed by cops and the number of cops killed by people are small enough to be irrelevant.

The DDO Blog:

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 1:43:14 PM
I am, of course, simply taking your word for it. Can you show that more cops are killed by cops than whites than by blacks?

The DDO Blog:

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 1:44:08 PM
At 11/3/2016 1:43:14 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I am, of course, simply taking your word for it. Can you show that more cops are killed by whites than by blacks?

Fixed

The DDO Blog:

Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 2:11:20 PM
At 11/3/2016 3:38:26 AM, Kynikos wrote:
"Supporting the police" isn't about supporting the police.

Maybe the Black Panthers were right all along.

Whoa there. Lets not go too far lol. See what you mean tho
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 2:19:57 PM
At 11/3/2016 1:43:14 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I am, of course, simply taking your word for it. Can you show that more cops are killed by cops than whites than by blacks?

https://www.washingtonpost.com...

"There were 511 officers killed in felonious incidents and 540 offenders from 2004 to 2013, according to FBI reports. Among the total offenders, 52 percent were white, and 43 percent were black."
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 2:20:53 PM
At 11/3/2016 1:40:47 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Both the numbers of people killed by cops and the number of cops killed by people are small enough to be irrelevant.

How many annual police killings would warrant relevancy, in your mind?
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 2:30:36 PM
At 11/3/2016 2:20:53 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

It'd have to be well over a thousand people every year.

The DDO Blog:

ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 2:38:12 PM
At 11/3/2016 2:30:36 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/3/2016 2:20:53 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

It'd have to be well over a thousand people every year.

According to the Washington Post, 991 people were killed by cops last year and we are at 803 this year: https://www.washingtonpost.com...
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 3:20:33 PM

Which per capita is involved in more criminality?

That lends itself to being more closely involved with the police, for better or worse.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 3:26:12 PM

Being shamed and hated on
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2016 2:17:29 PM
People on reddit were blaming BLM for this one, before the shooter's ifentity was revealed, lol.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2016 2:21:04 PM
At 11/3/2016 5:00:20 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

So do I get tho blame you "don't tread on me", "blacks complain too much" (which the shooter was) conservative types for this shooting?
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2016 3:32:59 PM
At 11/4/2016 2:21:04 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

So do I get tho blame you "don't tread on me", "blacks complain too much" (which the shooter was) conservative types for this shooting?

Vox needs to take accountability and personally apologize for this shooting. He and the rest of the Tea Party community have created a culture of violence and thug mentality that encourages people to disobey the law.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2016 3:40:24 PM
At 11/3/2016 3:20:33 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

That lends itself to being more closely involved with the police, for better or worse.

Let me get this straight... You're arguing that black people commit more crimes than whites, therefore have more interactions with the police on a per capita basis. First of all, that's not necessarily true. But even assuming that's true, in your mind, that explains why police kill blacks at a higher rate than whites... so doesn't that also explain why per capita blacks kill more cops than whites?

Cognitive dissonance is real y'all
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2016 3:47:56 PM

Let me get this straight... You're arguing that black people commit more crimes than whites.

Per capita. Is that a fact or not? Lets start there.

therefore have more interactions with the police on a per capita basis. First of all, that's not necessarily true.

But, it is highly likely. Criminality tends to have police called. Is that a fact or not?

But even assuming that's true, in your mind, that explains why police kill blacks at a higher rate than whites... so doesn't that also explain why per capita blacks kill more cops than whites?

Yes. I higher rate of criminality and violent tendency would cause a similar reaction by law enforcement to neutralize such criminality or violent tendency.

Well, you are welcome to explain how a demographic having a higher rate of criminality won't cause more police interaction, I suppose, and why less involvement with the police would result in MORE shootings, I suppose.

Good luck, though.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 1:17:31 PM
At 11/4/2016 3:32:59 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 11/4/2016 2:21:04 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

Vox needs to take accountability and personally apologize for this shooting. He and the rest of the Tea Party community have created a culture of violence and thug mentality that encourages people to disobey the law.

Exactly.
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 2:36:04 PM
At 11/4/2016 3:47:56 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Let me get this straight... You're arguing that black people commit more crimes than whites.

therefore have more interactions with the police on a per capita basis. First of all, that's not necessarily true.

But, it is highly likely. Criminality tends to have police called. Is that a fact or not?

But even assuming that's true, in your mind, that explains why police kill blacks at a higher rate than whites... so doesn't that also explain why per capita blacks kill more cops than whites?

Yes. I higher rate of criminality and violent tendency would cause a similar reaction by law enforcement to neutralize such criminality or violent tendency.

Well, you are welcome to explain how a demographic having a higher rate of criminality won't cause more police interaction, I suppose, and why less involvement with the police would result in MORE shootings, I suppose.

Good luck, though.

"...there is no relationship between county-level racial bias in police shootings and crime rates (even race-specific crime rates), meaning that the racial bias observed in police shootings in this data set is not explainable as a response to local-level crime rates."

Next.

http://journals.plos.org...
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 3:12:34 PM

More whites yes but where are their parents? Why are whites causing trouble instead of working? Why are they killing people? Sounds familiar?
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 3:44:57 PM
At 11/5/2016 2:36:04 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 11/4/2016 3:47:56 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Is this fact or fiction, please. I asked to start here for a reason.

You forgot to answer the question.

Good luck, though.

"...there is no relationship between county-level racial bias in police shootings and crime rates (even race-specific crime rates), meaning that the racial bias observed in police shootings in this data set is not explainable as a response to local-level crime rates."

In your own words, what exactly does that mean?

Next.

http://journals.plos.org...
ken1122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 5:37:40 PM

Blue lives matter is a direct response to "Black lives matter". Because Black lives matter is not a part of the conversation, there is no reason to mention blue lives matter

Ken
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 10:51:49 PM
At 11/6/2016 5:37:40 PM, ken1122 wrote:

Blue lives matter is a direct response to "Black lives matter". Because Black lives matter is not a part of the conversation, there is no reason to mention blue lives matter

Ken

Do you also go to breast cancer rallies yelling "AIDS patients matter!"