Total Posts:53|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Masculinity

Curious22
Posts: 9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 5:01:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
What are the positive characteristics of masculinity?
What are the negative?
What are the negative aspects of the male gender role in American culture?
If a movement like the feminist movement were started, what sexist issues could be addressed?
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 5:46:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/20/2011 5:01:29 PM, Curious22 wrote:
What are the positive characteristics of masculinity?
What are the negative?
What are the negative aspects of the male gender role in American culture?
If a movement like the feminist movement were started, what sexist issues could be addressed??

"I don't care" is the answer to all your questions.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Grape
Posts: 989
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 3:01:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/20/2011 6:42:14 PM, Curious22 wrote:
"I don't care" is the answer to all your questions.

Cool story bro.

People say that when someone makes a long and pointless post.

Here is the answer to your questions: http://en.wikipedia.org...
Read the holy Wikipedia and become enlightened.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 5:34:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Being Masculine is manly.

There is nothing negative about being manly... Only PERCEIVED negativity, usually by feminine types.

Being manly is about being a fat hairy slob who takes part in such hardcore activities as...

Head butting goats...
Setting fires...
Drinking beer...
Jumping off cliffs...
Not giving a fvck...
Sip'n on yo forty while you tug on your 9
Beating up other men who look at your sandwich maker the wrong way.. Which is just about every way...
Violence...
D!ck slapping people...

Being masculine and manly is fvcking awesome, and if you don't think so, you are probably a poooosie.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
tigg13
Posts: 302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 10:29:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/20/2011 5:01:29 PM, Curious22 wrote:
What are the positive characteristics of masculinity?
What are the negative?
What are the negative aspects of the male gender role in American culture?
If a movement like the feminist movement were started, what sexist issues could be addressed?

There are only 2 purposes that make men useful:

1. To fertilize women.
2. To give carnivores something to chew on while the rest of the family runs away.

In modern American culture, they're not even needed for these reasons any more.

Issues for a modern masculine-ist movement:

A. Quit pointing out how immature we are.
B. Deadbeat Dads are people too. (sorta)
C. 4000 years wasn't long enough - give us a second chance!
D. Once we're aroused we should be considered non compos mentis.
E Oh yeah! Says you!
F. If you refuse to hear us we will stop....uh, wait a minute.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 10:37:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Next time a woman tells me I think with my d!ck, I'm going to ask her to blow my mind.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 10:43:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
bad thing about men: they think its cool to call their female coworkers "cupcake" and "babydoll".

good thing about men: they're not all that obnoxious.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 10:47:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/21/2011 5:34:54 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Being Masculine is manly.

There is nothing negative about being manly... Only PERCEIVED negativity, usually by feminine types.

Being manly is about being a fat hairy slob who takes part in such hardcore activities as...

Head butting goats...
Setting fires...
Drinking beer...
Jumping off cliffs...
Not giving a fvck...
Sip'n on yo forty while you tug on your 9
Beating up other men who look at your sandwich maker the wrong way.. Which is just about every way...
Violence...
D!ck slapping people...


Being masculine and manly is fvcking awesome, and if you don't think so, you are probably a poooosie.

63 respect points to ya.
I am sick of these girly men.
kfc
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 11:15:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/20/2011 5:01:29 PM, Curious22 wrote:
What are the positive characteristics of masculinity?

ummmmm Can't think of any

What are the negative?

Obnoxiousous covers most of it.

What are the negative aspects of the male gender role in American culture?

Most things. Like sitting aroud drinking beer watching football all day everyday. Pretty bad.

If a movement like the feminist movement were started, what sexist issues could be addressed?

No idea since men aren't oppressed at all.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 11:40:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I grew up with guys. I was raised by my Dad and then by my Grandfather. This is what they told the men in our family...

To be a man who is worthy of respect you will follow these rules:
- Never show emotion -- it's a sign of weakness
- If you fail, then you shame the family. Pick your head up and succeed.
- Relationships are trivial. However, business relationships are of the utmost importance. If you must associate, do so with purpose. Friends are for the weak. Associates are for the powerful.
- If you lose a physical fight, don't bother coming home until you've regained your honor. If there's a war, you join no matter what -- NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Take care of the women. They are inherently weak both physically and mentally.
- Follow orders without question.
- Present yourself as best as physically and mentally possible every day -- whether you are in a private or public place. Sloppy people never make the news or run countries.

Those are the ones that I remember at least. Lol. That's how German men must be.

Compare that to what they told ME.

To be a woman worthy of a man:
- Be submissive.
- Do not ask questions.
- Careers only distract you form your duties to Christ and your husband.
- If you must show emotions, do so in private.
- Never fight. Men should be dominate since they are more capable mentally and physically.
- Always wear make up and formal clothing. No one loves ugly women.
- Even if tempted, politics is not a woman's domain. An ignorant woman is a tempting woman.

No joke. This is the criteria in my ultra-conservative and old fashioned family. Yes, this borders on psychosis. Anyone want to meet them? :P
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2011 12:00:08 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
wow ann, I never knew you grew up in Nazi Germany
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2011 12:04:32 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/20/2011 5:01:29 PM, Curious22 wrote:
What are the positive characteristics of masculinity?

More testosterone - easier to grow muscle

What are the negative?

Going bald

What are the negative aspects of the male gender role in American culture?

What does that even mean? Most girls I know want a "metro" guy.

If a movement like the feminist movement were started, what sexist issues could be addressed?

Helping men break into professions that have been unfairly dominated by females, like wet nurse.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Sangers
Posts: 419
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2011 12:11:04 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/21/2011 11:40:26 PM, annhasle wrote:
I grew up with guys. I was raised by my Dad and then by my Grandfather. This is what they told the men in our family...

To be a man who is worthy of respect you will follow these rules:
- Never show emotion -- it's a sign of weakness
- If you fail, then you shame the family. Pick your head up and succeed.
- Relationships are trivial. However, business relationships are of the utmost importance. If you must associate, do so with purpose. Friends are for the weak. Associates are for the powerful.
- If you lose a physical fight, don't bother coming home until you've regained your honor. If there's a war, you join no matter what -- NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Take care of the women. They are inherently weak both physically and mentally.
- Follow orders without question.
- Present yourself as best as physically and mentally possible every day -- whether you are in a private or public place. Sloppy people never make the news or run countries.

Those are the ones that I remember at least. Lol. That's how German men must be.

Compare that to what they told ME.

To be a woman worthy of a man:
- Be submissive.
- Do not ask questions.
- Careers only distract you form your duties to Christ and your husband.
- If you must show emotions, do so in private.
- Never fight. Men should be dominate since they are more capable mentally and physically.
- Always wear make up and formal clothing. No one loves ugly women.
- Even if tempted, politics is not a woman's domain. An ignorant woman is a tempting woman.

No joke. This is the criteria in my ultra-conservative and old fashioned family. Yes, this borders on psychosis. Anyone want to meet them? :P

Oh lol, my father&grandfather's kinda like that :D I escaped to a dorm before their influence got permanent :P Still, can't wait till Uni

- If you lose a physical fight, don't bother coming home until you've regained your honor. If there's a war, you join no matter what -- NO EXCEPTIONS.

This
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2011 3:15:43 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/21/2011 11:40:26 PM, annhasle wrote:
I grew up with guys. I was raised by my Dad and then by my Grandfather. This is what they told the men in our family...

To be a man who is worthy of respect you will follow these rules:
- Never show emotion -- it's a sign of weakness
- If you fail, then you shame the family. Pick your head up and succeed.
- Relationships are trivial. However, business relationships are of the utmost importance. If you must associate, do so with purpose. Friends are for the weak. Associates are for the powerful.
- If you lose a physical fight, don't bother coming home until you've regained your honor. If there's a war, you join no matter what -- NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Take care of the women. They are inherently weak both physically and mentally.
- Follow orders without question.
- Present yourself as best as physically and mentally possible every day -- whether you are in a private or public place. Sloppy people never make the news or run countries.

Those are the ones that I remember at least. Lol. That's how German men must be.

Compare that to what they told ME.

To be a woman worthy of a man:
- Be submissive.
- Do not ask questions.
- Careers only distract you form your duties to Christ and your husband.
- If you must show emotions, do so in private.
- Never fight. Men should be dominate since they are more capable mentally and physically.
- Always wear make up and formal clothing. No one loves ugly women.
- Even if tempted, politics is not a woman's domain. An ignorant woman is a tempting woman.

No joke. This is the criteria in my ultra-conservative and old fashioned family. Yes, this borders on psychosis. Anyone want to meet them? :P

I'd beat the sh!t out of them if they tried pulling that BS on me. js.
I'm very against fighting unless its for a case and that is a cause I would kill for.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2011 3:41:21 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
If you lose a physical fight, don't bother coming home
Follow orders without question.
If someone's in a position to give you orders, chances are it's because you lost a fight somewhere due to surrender before it happened. So I guess nobody's allowed to be in your family's home.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2011 10:28:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/22/2011 3:41:21 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
If you lose a physical fight, don't bother coming home
Follow orders without question.
If someone's in a position to give you orders, chances are it's because you lost a fight somewhere due to surrender before it happened. So I guess nobody's allowed to be in your family's home.

You cut out the "until you've regained your honor" part which is vital. Without going into family history, I can't really explain why this is so important to them. Basically, they want the men to fight and be superior to all. And they want the women to be weak willed and fragile. Pffft.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2011 10:45:03 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/22/2011 10:28:12 AM, annhasle wrote:
At 1/22/2011 3:41:21 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
If you lose a physical fight, don't bother coming home
Follow orders without question.
If someone's in a position to give you orders, chances are it's because you lost a fight somewhere due to surrender before it happened. So I guess nobody's allowed to be in your family's home.

You cut out the "until you've regained your honor" part which is vital. Without going into family history, I can't really explain why this is so important to them. Basically, they want the men to fight and be superior to all. And they want the women to be weak willed and fragile. Pffft.

I say fvck them (not literally) turn around and use some of yourtuff on them and have them crying in the hospital. win-win.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2011 10:51:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/22/2011 10:45:03 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 1/22/2011 10:28:12 AM, annhasle wrote:
At 1/22/2011 3:41:21 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
If you lose a physical fight, don't bother coming home
Follow orders without question.
If someone's in a position to give you orders, chances are it's because you lost a fight somewhere due to surrender before it happened. So I guess nobody's allowed to be in your family's home.

You cut out the "until you've regained your honor" part which is vital. Without going into family history, I can't really explain why this is so important to them. Basically, they want the men to fight and be superior to all. And they want the women to be weak willed and fragile. Pffft.

I say fvck them (not literally) turn around and use some of yourtuff on them and have them crying in the hospital. win-win.

Lol. Don't worry, lovelife. By the time I was 9, they could tell that I would be a determined, independent and arrogant person. They haven't given up but they're getting closer. I find it amusing that these values have survived for so long when really, I can't think of one German person who is submissive. :P
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Curious22
Posts: 9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2011 9:13:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/21/2011 11:40:26 PM, annhasle wrote:
I grew up with guys. I was raised by my Dad and then by my Grandfather. This is what they told the men in our family...

To be a man who is worthy of respect you will follow these rules:
- Never show emotion -- it's a sign of weakness
- If you fail, then you shame the family. Pick your head up and succeed.
- Relationships are trivial. However, business relationships are of the utmost importance. If you must associate, do so with purpose. Friends are for the weak. Associates are for the powerful.
- If you lose a physical fight, don't bother coming home until you've regained your honor. If there's a war, you join no matter what -- NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Take care of the women. They are inherently weak both physically and mentally.
- Follow orders without question.
- Present yourself as best as physically and mentally possible every day -- whether you are in a private or public place. Sloppy people never make the news or run countries.

Those are the ones that I remember at least. Lol. That's how German men must be.

Compare that to what they told ME.

To be a woman worthy of a man:
- Be submissive.
- Do not ask questions.
- Careers only distract you form your duties to Christ and your husband.
- If you must show emotions, do so in private.
- Never fight. Men should be dominate since they are more capable mentally and physically.
- Always wear make up and formal clothing. No one loves ugly women.
- Even if tempted, politics is not a woman's domain. An ignorant woman is a tempting woman.

No joke. This is the criteria in my ultra-conservative and old fashioned family. Yes, this borders on psychosis. Anyone want to meet them? :P

This is why manliness should be reexamined. Men shouldn't have to be categorized as oafs, thugs, deadbeats, fascists, or wusses.
Thankfully not everyone in society thinks like this, but enough do to make being a dude a double edged sword.
I'm pretty glad I'm a dude no menstruation or glass ceiling, but there hasn't been any sort of response to the feminist movement.
The feminist movement has empowered women, and put them on equal footing with men in all significant aspects of life.
A male gender movement could do something equally significant. Redefine masculinity so men won't have so much self-destructive ideation.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2011 9:32:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/22/2011 10:28:12 AM, annhasle wrote:
At 1/22/2011 3:41:21 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
If you lose a physical fight, don't bother coming home
Follow orders without question.
If someone's in a position to give you orders, chances are it's because you lost a fight somewhere due to surrender before it happened. So I guess nobody's allowed to be in your family's home.

You cut out the "until you've regained your honor" part which is vital.
But not relevant. If losing (including surrendering) is a loss of honor, surely you cannot regain it merely by fulfilling the conditions of surrender. If your brother were to surrender to a bully at school, would he regain his honor by sucking whatever the bully told him to? ^_^
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2011 9:47:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/22/2011 10:51:31 AM, annhasle wrote:
At 1/22/2011 10:45:03 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 1/22/2011 10:28:12 AM, annhasle wrote:
At 1/22/2011 3:41:21 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
If you lose a physical fight, don't bother coming home
Follow orders without question.
If someone's in a position to give you orders, chances are it's because you lost a fight somewhere due to surrender before it happened. So I guess nobody's allowed to be in your family's home.

You cut out the "until you've regained your honor" part which is vital. Without going into family history, I can't really explain why this is so important to them. Basically, they want the men to fight and be superior to all. And they want the women to be weak willed and fragile. Pffft.

I say fvck them (not literally) turn around and use some of yourtuff on them and have them crying in the hospital. win-win.

Lol. Don't worry, lovelife. By the time I was 9, they could tell that I would be a determined, independent and arrogant person. They haven't given up but they're getting closer. I find it amusing that these values have survived for so long when really, I can't think of one German person who is submissive. :P

Lol idk if I have german blood but like hell I'll just submit to anyone!
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2011 9:54:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/22/2011 9:32:20 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 1/22/2011 10:28:12 AM, annhasle wrote:
At 1/22/2011 3:41:21 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
If you lose a physical fight, don't bother coming home
Follow orders without question.
If someone's in a position to give you orders, chances are it's because you lost a fight somewhere due to surrender before it happened. So I guess nobody's allowed to be in your family's home.

You cut out the "until you've regained your honor" part which is vital.
But not relevant. If losing (including surrendering) is a loss of honor, surely you cannot regain it merely by fulfilling the conditions of surrender. If your brother were to surrender to a bully at school, would he regain his honor by sucking whatever the bully told him to? ^_^

Lol, it's totally relevant. Losing your honor is not permanent but it is very hard to gain back once lost. However, you do NOT regain honor by surrender. Let's say that I get into a fight and lose. Within the space of a couple hours, my family and friends will know. All respect will be lost and your honor tarnished. The only way to regain honor is by re-challenging your opponent and then winning. You must completely trash them though -- if you were to barely win, it would not be considered a "real" fight.

Kind of weird and old fashioned... But still in effect. >.<
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2011 9:56:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/22/2011 9:54:40 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 1/22/2011 9:32:20 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 1/22/2011 10:28:12 AM, annhasle wrote:
At 1/22/2011 3:41:21 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
If you lose a physical fight, don't bother coming home
Follow orders without question.
If someone's in a position to give you orders, chances are it's because you lost a fight somewhere due to surrender before it happened. So I guess nobody's allowed to be in your family's home.

You cut out the "until you've regained your honor" part which is vital.
But not relevant. If losing (including surrendering) is a loss of honor, surely you cannot regain it merely by fulfilling the conditions of surrender. If your brother were to surrender to a bully at school, would he regain his honor by sucking whatever the bully told him to? ^_^

Lol, it's totally relevant. Losing your honor is not permanent but it is very hard to gain back once lost. However, you do NOT regain honor by surrender.
This sentence proves it wasn't relevant to the original point.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2011 10:01:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/22/2011 9:56:03 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 1/22/2011 9:54:40 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 1/22/2011 9:32:20 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 1/22/2011 10:28:12 AM, annhasle wrote:
At 1/22/2011 3:41:21 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
If you lose a physical fight, don't bother coming home
Follow orders without question.
If someone's in a position to give you orders, chances are it's because you lost a fight somewhere due to surrender before it happened. So I guess nobody's allowed to be in your family's home.

You cut out the "until you've regained your honor" part which is vital.
But not relevant. If losing (including surrendering) is a loss of honor, surely you cannot regain it merely by fulfilling the conditions of surrender. If your brother were to surrender to a bully at school, would he regain his honor by sucking whatever the bully told him to? ^_^

Lol, it's totally relevant. Losing your honor is not permanent but it is very hard to gain back once lost. However, you do NOT regain honor by surrender.
This sentence proves it wasn't relevant to the original point.

Alright, you are making little sense which might be my fault. What was the original point (humor me for a bit... for clarity)?
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2011 10:04:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/22/2011 10:01:33 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 1/22/2011 9:56:03 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 1/22/2011 9:54:40 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 1/22/2011 9:32:20 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 1/22/2011 10:28:12 AM, annhasle wrote:
At 1/22/2011 3:41:21 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
If you lose a physical fight, don't bother coming home
Follow orders without question.
If someone's in a position to give you orders, chances are it's because you lost a fight somewhere due to surrender before it happened. So I guess nobody's allowed to be in your family's home.

You cut out the "until you've regained your honor" part which is vital.
But not relevant. If losing (including surrendering) is a loss of honor, surely you cannot regain it merely by fulfilling the conditions of surrender. If your brother were to surrender to a bully at school, would he regain his honor by sucking whatever the bully told him to? ^_^

Lol, it's totally relevant. Losing your honor is not permanent but it is very hard to gain back once lost. However, you do NOT regain honor by surrender.
This sentence proves it wasn't relevant to the original point.

Alright, you are making little sense which might be my fault. What was the original point (humor me for a bit... for clarity)?

The point is by following orders within most contexts (Including doubtless following the orders of your family elders) one loses a fight and surrenders, i.e., does not restore their honor, i.e., the code of conduct damns you if you do and damns you if you don't, you can't win, the code is contradictory.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2011 10:09:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/22/2011 10:04:35 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 1/22/2011 10:01:33 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 1/22/2011 9:56:03 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 1/22/2011 9:54:40 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 1/22/2011 9:32:20 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 1/22/2011 10:28:12 AM, annhasle wrote:
Lol, it's totally relevant. Losing your honor is not permanent but it is very hard to gain back once lost. However, you do NOT regain honor by surrender.
This sentence proves it wasn't relevant to the original point.

Alright, you are making little sense which might be my fault. What was the original point (humor me for a bit... for clarity)?

The point is by following orders within most contexts (Including doubtless following the orders of your family elders) one loses a fight and surrenders, i.e., does not restore their honor, i.e., the code of conduct damns you if you do and damns you if you don't, you can't win, the code is contradictory.

But you can win -- you have to re-challenge the aggressor and win. It's been done but it requires extra effort since the chances are they are stronger than you. It's not impossible though... So unless you are misunderstanding the code, I do not see your point here Ragnar. Of course it will "damn you" if you don't but if you do, then you are restored.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2011 10:11:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/22/2011 10:09:23 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 1/22/2011 10:04:35 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 1/22/2011 10:01:33 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 1/22/2011 9:56:03 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 1/22/2011 9:54:40 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 1/22/2011 9:32:20 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 1/22/2011 10:28:12 AM, annhasle wrote:
Lol, it's totally relevant. Losing your honor is not permanent but it is very hard to gain back once lost. However, you do NOT regain honor by surrender.
This sentence proves it wasn't relevant to the original point.

Alright, you are making little sense which might be my fault. What was the original point (humor me for a bit... for clarity)?

The point is by following orders within most contexts (Including doubtless following the orders of your family elders) one loses a fight and surrenders, i.e., does not restore their honor, i.e., the code of conduct damns you if you do and damns you if you don't, you can't win, the code is contradictory.

But you can win -- you have to re-challenge the aggressor and win.
In which case you aren't doing the "following orders" part of the code.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2011 10:13:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/22/2011 10:11:36 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 1/22/2011 10:09:23 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 1/22/2011 10:04:35 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 1/22/2011 10:01:33 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 1/22/2011 9:56:03 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 1/22/2011 9:54:40 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 1/22/2011 9:32:20 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 1/22/2011 10:28:12 AM, annhasle wrote:
Lol, it's totally relevant. Losing your honor is not permanent but it is very hard to gain back once lost. However, you do NOT regain honor by surrender.
This sentence proves it wasn't relevant to the original point.

Alright, you are making little sense which might be my fault. What was the original point (humor me for a bit... for clarity)?

The point is by following orders within most contexts (Including doubtless following the orders of your family elders) one loses a fight and surrenders, i.e., does not restore their honor, i.e., the code of conduct damns you if you do and damns you if you don't, you can't win, the code is contradictory.

But you can win -- you have to re-challenge the aggressor and win.
In which case you aren't doing the "following orders" part of the code.

Part of the orders is to re-challenge them. It's the ONLY way to regain honor which is vital to anyone respecting or even loving you (that's what they say, at least). If you do not re-challenge, than you are a coward and disregarded. You are not a "man".
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.