Total Posts:43|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What should you do if someone trolls you?

Sieben
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 7:40:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"These websites are like a bridge under which trolls hide and gather"

Dear lord, if they make trolling illegal I will bust a nut.
Things that are so interesting:

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 7:58:22 PM
At 1/20/2011 7:40:25 PM, Sieben wrote:
Dear lord, if they make trolling illegal I will bust a nut.

Indeed. If that ever happens, I'd have to change my epic avatar.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 8:01:11 PM
At 1/20/2011 7:53:39 PM, MarquisX wrote:
But who is this Boxxy chick? why is she so famous?

She's just a propped up figure head. Nothing of any real substance. Like a Paris Hilton.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 8:03:12 PM

People feed trolls.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 8:08:50 PM
At 1/20/2011 8:01:11 PM, OreEle wrote:

She's just a propped up figure head. Nothing of any real substance. Like a Paris Hilton.

That makes sense
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
MewxVenus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 8:22:46 PM
RayWilliamJohnson FTW
: At 1/20/2011 10:42:53 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:
: I didn't say ugly stick. I said it was beyond stick, it was a paddle.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 12:37:49 AM
"trolling hurts people"

Yeah she really got them back
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 12:53:16 AM
At 1/21/2011 12:37:49 AM, askbob wrote:
"trolling hurts people"

Inorite?
Her 'fake' tears melted the heart of Annoymous.
She sure showed them.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
MewxVenus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 8:08:39 AM
At 1/21/2011 12:53:16 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 1/21/2011 12:37:49 AM, askbob wrote:
"trolling hurts people"

Inorite?
Her 'fake' tears melted the heart of Annoymous.
She sure showed them.

Yeah, I really didn't understand how the heck that was supposed to do anything. Newcasters are the ultimate example of sheeple.
: At 1/20/2011 10:42:53 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:
: I didn't say ugly stick. I said it was beyond stick, it was a paddle.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 12:44:41 PM
People are so weak, if they can't handle internet trolling how are they going to cope with being bullied in real life?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 1:12:06 PM
At 1/21/2011 12:44:41 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
People are so weak, if they can't handle internet trolling how are they going to cope with being bullied in real life?

real life bullying is much easier to combat, as the people rarely do it anonymously.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 2:03:23 PM
At 1/21/2011 1:12:06 PM, OreEle wrote:

real life bullying is much easier to combat, as the people rarely do it anonymously.

This.
Real life bullying, you knock em out, it ends.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 2:08:15 PM
At 1/21/2011 2:03:23 PM, lovelife wrote:
This.
Not necessarily. It depends on what kind of a scenario takes place. If one is bullied on a site like this one, it is rather easy to escape it. However, if one is bullied in real life, he might stand defenseless for certain reasons, and the criminals might be around one's neighborhood most of the time, which means that escaping bullying is, in such cases, harder in real life. Of course, Facebook has a lot to do with real life, but my opinion is that Facebook is usually a harm in an itself (due to the way people use it).
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 2:14:05 PM

Lol you don't have much room to talk
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 2:16:38 PM
At 1/21/2011 1:12:06 PM, OreEle wrote:

True, the trick is to remain anonymous on the internet.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 2:23:30 PM
At 1/21/2011 2:08:15 PM, Mirza wrote:
This.
Not necessarily. It depends on what kind of a scenario takes place. If one is bullied on a site like this one, it is rather easy to escape it. However, if one is bullied in real life, he might stand defenseless for certain reasons, and the criminals might be around one's neighborhood most of the time, which means that escaping bullying is, in such cases, harder in real life. Of course, Facebook has a lot to do with real life, but my opinion is that Facebook is usually a harm in an itself (due to the way people use it).

That only applies to running away, not to standing and fighting. You can't fight with something that is anonymous and have it leave. Also, when you are bullied against by a physical person (someone that you can see) you know that it is that person that is the bully. When you are bullied by an anonymous person, you don't know, which causes the victim to have to question every person, which makes it much more psychological and harmful to the mind and personality, then to the body.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 2:28:06 PM
This.

Actually I have dealt with both.
I have been bullied by school kids, kids in the neighborhood, and my family. I have also been bullied online. I'd take the neighbor kids scarring my knees.

Keep in mind mirza sites like this have creepy stalker people too, and when they go after you they don't go after you but other people and see nothing wrong with that its like your being bullied by someone your own age and they turn around and slam your little sister's face into a wall.

In the real world sh!t will happen about it either from you or the police, so that happening is rare, online very few bullies/trolls care about the laws.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 2:31:55 PM
At 1/21/2011 2:23:30 PM, OreEle wrote:
This.

That only applies to running away, not to standing and fighting.
Yes, because fighting is not always a wise thing to do.

You can't fight with something that is anonymous and have it leave.
You can't fight victouiously against someone who has a few people behind his back, and you're physically less powerful than each and every one of them.

Also, when you are bullied against by a physical person (someone that you can see) you know that it is that person that is the bully.
SMS is a possibility, but being able to know who your bully is doesn't necessarily make things better.

When you are bullied by an anonymous person, you don't know, which causes the victim to have to question every person, which makes it much more psychological and harmful to the mind and personality, then to the body.
Indeed, but if you're staying anonymous for the most part, and someone bullies you on the Internet, not much can happen if you leave the particular "bully site."
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 2:31:58 PM
At 1/21/2011 2:23:30 PM, OreEle wrote:
This.

That only applies to running away, not to standing and fighting. You can't fight with something that is anonymous and have it leave. Also, when you are bullied against by a physical person (someone that you can see) you know that it is that person that is the bully. When you are bullied by an anonymous person, you don't know, which causes the victim to have to question every person, which makes it much more psychological and harmful to the mind and personality, then to the body.

This too
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 2:33:09 PM
At 1/21/2011 2:28:06 PM, lovelife wrote:
This.

Actually I have dealt with both.
I have been bullied by school kids, kids in the neighborhood, and my family. I have also been bullied online. I'd take the neighbor kids scarring my knees.

Keep in mind mirza sites like this have creepy stalker people too, and when they go after you they don't go after you but other people and see nothing wrong with that its like your being bullied by someone your own age and they turn around and slam your little sister's face into a wall.

In the real world sh!t will happen about it either from you or the police, so that happening is rare, online very few bullies/trolls care about the laws.
As I said, it depends on what kind of a scenario takes place. On the Internet, if you are bullied on Facebook, it is wholly different to being bullied on e.g., Debate.org.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 2:34:18 PM
Human interaction is ultimately an interaction of forces, external and internal and essentially comes down to confidence. To be bullied is to choose to give someone power you, you can take it back whenever you want.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 3:20:06 PM
ITT: metatrolls troll RL trolls who troll youtube trolls who troll tv trolls who troll youtube trolls who troll ddo trolls who troll trolls who troll trolls.

Then Freedo abducts boxxy.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 3:28:41 PM
At 1/21/2011 3:20:06 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
ITT: metatrolls troll RL trolls who troll youtube trolls who troll tv trolls who troll youtube trolls who troll ddo trolls who troll trolls who troll trolls.

You just f-cked my mind so bad.

Then Freedo abducts boxxy.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 4:00:10 PM
Either you submit to the trolls will or troll back . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 8:23:31 AM
It would seem to me that trolling is a way for the bullied to become bullies. The oppressed become the oppressors and the terrorized become the terrorist. When hiding behind the mighty shield of anonymity, any real life stable boy can become a fearless Keyboard Warrior.
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive