Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Alcohol makes the world a happier place.

Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 4:32:49 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/19/2016 6:05:29 AM, Genius_Intellect wrote:
Wouldn't life be better if we were all tipsy, all the time?

Not to encourage any of our younger viewers...Be careful, and don't mistake alcohol jokes for alcohol worship...It should be tried carefully, cautiously, and taken seriously. Drinking is not cool or rebellious, nor is any mind altering substance....Silly at best. If you think it is cool, let me say you are just dead wrong, and will learn otherwise. It messes your brain up if taken in excess at a young age, and makes you like me. That's probably why our government has thoughtfully placed a warning label on each bottle.

According to some general surgeon or something, alcoholic beverages may cause excessive awesomeness, getting over ex's, finding your next ex, getting.....feelings, getting laid, country songs, epic memories, loss of said memories, and loss of possessions, particularly clothing. Alcohol has been shown to embolden poor dancing, and can cause perception of smooth operation. It should not be consumed by people who exhibit verbal signs of pregnancy, but once the first drink is down....What the hell. Drink with moderators.

I'm not sure if that's all word for word as I'm never bored enough to read all of it, but I feel that's the gist of it. I notice California doesn't label these with their seal of cancerous disapproval. That is a rare honor that means:

This product contains a chemical known to the state of California to be totally worth it.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Markz28
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 10:44:18 PM
No, because it damages your brain, humanity would just get even more dumb. Its just social conditioning and way for people to cope with negative emotions. There are better ways to go about things.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 11:15:32 PM
At 11/20/2016 10:44:18 PM, Markz28 wrote:
No, because it damages your brain, humanity would just get even more dumb. Its just social conditioning and way for people to cope with negative emotions. There are better ways to go about things.

Drinking makes you slower, and less filtered. It doesn't impair your logic. It allows what you would normally go" well, maybe not"....to be a slow inquisitive, "well, why not? Lets see what happens."

Alcohol is the elixir of science. Do you not like science?
Genius_Intellect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 12:02:54 AM
At 11/20/2016 11:15:32 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
Drinking makes you slower, and less filtered. It doesn't impair your logic. It allows what you would normally go" well, maybe not"....to be a slow inquisitive, "well, why not? Lets see what happens."

It's the other way around for me. The drunker I am, the more reserved and self-conscious I become.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 12:18:16 AM
At 11/21/2016 12:02:54 AM, Genius_Intellect wrote:

It's the other way around for me. The drunker I am, the more reserved and self-conscious I become.

I do the same thing actually and my friends seem to think its rare. People get annoyed when I drink and don't get "drunk" and behave better then I normally do. I actually have more focus and move with more precision until I'm keeling over if allowed ample response time. I'm generally less open, except for a select few topics that I feel I should be more open about before drinking, and those usually pertain to only rarity of close individuals. I'm not exactly sure why though.

I'd project a notion that the more reserved you are the less confidence you have in your sense of self or in the people you interact with, maybe just don't see a clear link between. Perhaps you have doubts of yourself? I would not think someone who realizes with any confidence exactly how they are in relation to the world would hold back if they believed somewhere that what they had in mind was something worth doing.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 12:23:46 AM
At 11/21/2016 12:18:16 AM, Quadrunner wrote:

I do the same thing actually and my friends seem to think its rare. People get annoyed when I drink and don't get "drunk" and behave better then I normally do. I actually have more focus and move with more precision until I'm keeling over if allowed ample response time. I'm generally less open, except for a select few topics that I feel I should be more open about before drinking, and those usually pertain to only rarity of close individuals. I'm not exactly sure why though.

I'd project a notion that the more reserved you are the less confidence you have in your sense of self or in the people you interact with, maybe just don't see a clear link between. Perhaps you have doubts of yourself? I would not think someone who realizes with any confidence exactly how they are in relation to the world would hold back if they believed somewhere that what they had in mind was something worth doing.

Or maybe you just like to be yourself, and that isn't a social aspect for you.
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 1:48:50 AM
At 11/19/2016 6:05:29 AM, Genius_Intellect wrote:
Wouldn't life be better if we were all tipsy, all the time?

This is a novel idea...The idea of slowing destroying our liver, kidneys, brain cells, and ultimately our heart developing heart disease and most of all cirrhosis of the liver (not to mention alcohol induced dementia). Although I am a connoisseur in many fine whiskeys and vodka's the problem with this idea is all people are not the same when "tipsy." Some cannot handle their alcohol and therefore become violent and hyper-emotional. I see this all the time at my hospital in the emergency room. Often times people drink to excess and thus become unable to care for themselves (urinating and defecating on themselves etc). Not to mention people with behavioral disorders mixed with alcohol/drug use.

Not a great idea in theory nor in practice. Happiness varies from person to person, now marijuana on the other hand......
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 1:49:23 AM

You may just be an alcoholic...
Genius_Intellect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 3:59:00 AM
At 11/21/2016 1:49:23 AM, Hiu wrote:

That's also true.
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 6:46:59 AM
At 11/21/2016 3:59:00 AM, Genius_Intellect wrote:

That's also true.

That's the first step
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 5:26:45 PM
At 11/21/2016 6:46:59 AM, Hiu wrote:

That's also true.

That's the first step

Towards the fridge.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 5:38:16 PM

That's also true.

Are you saying that as in, I like alcohol and drink more then average...I hope you aren't letting it rule your life. How would you go if you took a month off? You've got to be careful with stuff that you have risk of forming addiction. Check yourself every once and awhile, and don't make any excuses if you show signs of withdrawal, addiction, dependency etc...That needs to be fixed, not just kept an eye on. You don't just keep driving your car when it has a problem unless you are willing to pay the cost of a bigger problem down the road. Same thing.
Genius_Intellect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 6:44:02 PM
At 11/21/2016 5:38:16 PM, Quadrunner wrote:

That's also true.

Are you saying that as in, I like alcohol and drink more then average...I hope you aren't letting it rule your life. How would you go if you took a month off? You've got to be careful with stuff that you have risk of forming addiction. Check yourself every once and awhile, and don't make any excuses if you show signs of withdrawal, addiction, dependency etc...That needs to be fixed, not just kept an eye on. You don't just keep driving your car when it has a problem unless you are willing to pay the cost of a bigger problem down the road. Same thing.

I swig from my whiskey daily or twice-daily. If I go more than a week without a drink, the voices return.