Jump to topic:

The Alt-Right

HeavenlyPanda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 9:37:17 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
The Alt-Right is an organization for trolls who got kicked out of their own jobs because of their views on things. So basically its an organization of bitter old people who have no lives becuase their too hung up over the fact that you actually have to be polite to fit into society. Do you agree or disagree? What are your views on the Alt-Right?
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 1:20:16 AM
At 11/21/2016 9:37:17 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
The Alt-Right is an organization for trolls who got kicked out of their own jobs because of their views on things. So basically its an organization of bitter old people who have no lives becuase their too hung up over the fact that you actually have to be polite to fit into society. Do you agree or disagree? What are your views on the Alt-Right?

The Alt-Right, for all its association with White Nationalists, simply refers to the various groups of conservatives/reactionaries who don't fit the conventional conservative mold. It includes white nationalists, American nationalists, religious fundamentalists, believers in traditional gender roles, monarchists (rare), etc.
I can definitely identify with some aspects of the Alt-Right.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Fernyx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 1:23:17 AM

Typically I see alt-right members being younger, presumably trying to be edgy.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 1:31:41 AM
I thought it was a amorphous social blob against political correctness, but I think Vox has pretty much hit the nail on the head. Its just people who are on team conservative but feel left out by the present right wing.

I don't really try to hard with these "movements" or whatever they are so take that for what its worth. Internet noise never interested me as much as the next guy, and after the onset of BLM I'm glad. Kinda weird how people don't necessarily have to be based in reality to get up in arms about something these days.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Kynikos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 1:41:58 AM
Do you agree or disagree?
The alt-right is not an organization. It is a movement.

What are your views on the Alt-Right?
Reminiscent of Europe's "far right" parties. Nothing that scary or fringe.
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 2:27:45 AM
At 11/22/2016 1:20:16 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

The Alt-Right, for all its association with White Nationalists, simply refers to the various groups of conservatives/reactionaries who don't fit the conventional conservative mold. It includes white nationalists, American nationalists, religious fundamentalists, believers in traditional gender roles, monarchists (rare), etc.

Of course you do and I am sure you identify with white nationalism right?
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 2:47:13 AM
At 11/22/2016 2:27:45 AM, Hiu wrote:

What is white nationalism? Is that like a legit belief in how white culture is supposed to be?
Kynikos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 2:55:39 AM
At 11/22/2016 2:29:32 AM, Hiu wrote:
David Pakman explains the alt-right beautifully

https://www.youtube.com...
Na. His vid's mostly a cheap/poorly researched smear.

The alt-right wasn't even a thing during GamerGate or Obama's initial campaign. Pakman is a moron.
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 2:55:51 AM
At 11/22/2016 2:47:13 AM, Quadrunner wrote:

What is white nationalism? Is that like a legit belief in how white culture is supposed to be?

"White nationalism, he said, is the belief that national identity should be built around white ethnicity, and that white people should therefore maintain both a demographic majority and dominance of the nation"s culture and public life.

So, like white supremacy, white nationalism places the interests of white people over those of other racial groups. White supremacists and white nationalists both believe that racial discrimination should be incorporated into law and policy."

See: http://www.nytimes.com...
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 3:11:34 AM
At 11/22/2016 2:55:51 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 11/22/2016 2:47:13 AM, Quadrunner wrote:

"White nationalism, he said, is the belief that national identity should be built around white ethnicity, and that white people should therefore maintain both a demographic majority and dominance of the nation"s culture and public life.

So, like white supremacy, white nationalism places the interests of white people over those of other racial groups. White supremacists and white nationalists both believe that racial discrimination should be incorporated into law and policy."

See: http://www.nytimes.com...

What will they think of next? Thank you for the link. It seems that such a mentality if embraced would not only discriminate against "less white" views in other races, but white people who don't fit the bill of "white" as well.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 4:19:04 AM

Not according to your definition of the term, apparently.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid