Jump to topic:

Cloning

FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 5:03:09 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
With the cloning technology out there for over 20 years now how do you know whether your neighbor or friend or co worker is not a clone. The government states that human cloning is illegal but we have already cloned cows, sheep and other animals, who says some secret lab in the jungles of Malaysia or some underground bunker in Kazakhstan has not already developed cloned humans. What if they are already among us?
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 5:07:01 PM
At 11/22/2016 5:03:09 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
With the cloning technology out there for over 20 years now how do you know whether your neighbor or friend or co worker is not a clone. The government states that human cloning is illegal but we have already cloned cows, sheep and other animals, who says some secret lab in the jungles of Malaysia or some underground bunker in Kazakhstan has not already developed cloned humans. What if they are already among us?

If my neighbor is a clone, why would I care?

Besides, doesn't the process of cloning actually require the person to be "born", so they aren't exactly the same person because they're just a look-alike. If that were the case, they'd essentially be their own, different person, and would also have to be young enough to "be" cloned, which considering both of those things, would essentially make them their own person, probably around my age, so I honestly wouldn't really care.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 5:18:56 PM
I think the real question is, if you had a clone would you have sex with him/her?
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 6:30:05 PM
At 11/22/2016 5:03:09 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Well, if they were a clone of me, one would think that they'd look like me. If they were a clone of somebody else, why would that matter to me? It's not like I'm ever gonna meet the "original", and by virtue of growing up in a different environment the clone can still be considered his or her own person.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 6:31:52 PM
At 11/22/2016 5:18:56 PM, Devilry wrote:
I think the real question is, if you had a clone would you have sex with him/her?

I think most people wouldn't. Most people aren't gay/lesbian, and if the clone was of the opposite gender then any offspring resulting would be even more bleeped up than those spawned from normal brother-sister incest.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 6:49:18 PM
At 11/22/2016 6:31:52 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

I think most people wouldn't. Most people aren't gay/lesbian, and if the clone was of the opposite gender then any offspring resulting would be even more bleeped up than those spawned from normal brother-sister incest.

I want a clone of Pamela Anderson since the real one is too busy!!
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 7:47:56 PM
At 11/22/2016 6:31:52 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

I might let a clone of myself wank me off personally.
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.