Jump to topic:

What else is the government not telling us

FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 8:16:15 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
Edward Snowden released a lot of top secret information to the world, sensitive data that was hidden inside the NSA, what other secret information is the government covering up. Is it top secret information to keep us safe, or information on how to use us as lab rats without stirring up panic.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 8:25:25 PM
At 11/22/2016 8:16:15 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Edward Snowden released a lot of top secret information to the world, sensitive data that was hidden inside the NSA, what other secret information is the government covering up. Is it top secret information to keep us safe, or information on how to use us as lab rats without stirring up panic.

hard to say, I hear a bunch of emails got deleted....
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 8:34:13 PM

Some of it probably relates to national security, which, at least to a certain extent, must remain confidential. However, some of it is likely not as innocuous, although I don't think it's at the level of the government using us as lab rats. It more than likely involves atrocities that the U.S. has committed in various countries that just haven't leaked out, or how behind-the-scene deals play a much bigger part in the electoral process than most of us would think.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 9:09:37 PM
At 11/22/2016 8:34:13 PM, Subutai wrote:

Some of it probably relates to national security, which, at least to a certain extent, must remain confidential. However, some of it is likely not as innocuous, although I don't think it's at the level of the government using us as lab rats. It more than likely involves atrocities that the U.S. has committed in various countries that just haven't leaked out, or how behind-the-scene deals play a much bigger part in the electoral process than most of us would think.

I'm sure you are right, however I would ask you not say the U.S. has committed because the citizens didn't do it nor would they condone it, but rather the military or government did those things. It's We The People that are the U.S. unfortunately the government isn't under the control the it's citizens, otherwise some of the things that have happened never would have.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 10:02:19 PM
At 11/22/2016 9:09:37 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 11/22/2016 8:34:13 PM, Subutai wrote:

I'm sure you are right, however I would ask you not say the U.S. has committed because the citizens didn't do it nor would they condone it, but rather the military or government did those things. It's We The People that are the U.S. unfortunately the government isn't under the control the it's citizens, otherwise some of the things that have happened never would have.

That was implied. In general, in this day in age at least, the average citizenry are not the ones who commit the atrocities. However, at times, the citizenry are either complacent or apathetic in the face of "public" atrocities and do little to fix it, so it can be their fault as well.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 11:34:31 PM

The government tells us nothing but the eleven things we can do, and all the things we can't do....
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 11:38:41 PM
At 11/22/2016 8:25:25 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

See that's the thing. I wonder if she was following some sort of protocol we don't know about, and wasn't allowed to reveal it.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 12:19:22 AM
At 11/22/2016 11:38:41 PM, Quadrunner wrote:

See that's the thing. I wonder if she was following some sort of protocol we don't know about, and wasn't allowed to reveal it.

nope, she "bleached" her personal emails because you know that's what most people do?
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 1:15:40 AM
At 11/23/2016 12:19:22 AM, kevin24018 wrote:

nope, she "bleached" her personal emails because you know that's what most people do?

Well she also destroyed her phones. Why? What was she involved in that requires some 17 phones or whatever to be used and destroyed? How did the omnipresent NSA that flags illusive internet behavior factor into this? Does it not keep tabs on people on the inside?

I'm interested to see what happens with this once Trump is in office.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 1:17:56 AM
At 11/23/2016 1:15:40 AM, Quadrunner wrote:

Well she also destroyed her phones. Why? What was she involved in that requires some 17 phones or whatever to be used and destroyed? How did the omnipresent NSA that flags illusive internet behavior factor into this? Does it not keep tabs on people on the inside?

it's beyond dirty I don't care what the blind sheeple say, that is not normal honest behavior.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 1:26:25 AM
At 11/23/2016 1:17:56 AM, kevin24018 wrote:

it's beyond dirty I don't care what the blind sheeple say, that is not normal honest behavior.

Learning all of this stuff would either be the single greatest or worst part of becoming president for me. Maybe I should run. President Quadrunner, because the people are the 4th branch of government...Eh, maybe I shouldn't run.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 1:43:45 AM
At 11/23/2016 1:26:25 AM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 11/23/2016 1:17:56 AM, kevin24018 wrote:

Learning all of this stuff would either be the single greatest or worst part of becoming president for me. Maybe I should run. President Quadrunner, because the people are the 4th branch of government...Eh, maybe I shouldn't run.

yeah I couldn't imagine, what it has all evolved into I'm sure the founders never dreamed. I'm not sure at what point the government began to rule over us rather than serve us but it sure is a shame that it has come to that.