Jump to topic:

Free speech in American Constitution is a lie

FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 2:46:15 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
The first Amendment in the American Constitution is a lie, if there was truly free speech then please explain to me why I can't get a FvCK YOU license plate, or LICK BALZ plate, if we had free speech I should be able to get any plate I want.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 2:48:49 PM
At 11/23/2016 2:46:15 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
The first Amendment in the American Constitution is a lie, if there was truly free speech then please explain to me why I can't get a FvCK YOU license plate, or LICK BALZ plate, if we had free speech I should be able to get any plate I want.

you don't have a right to a licence plate, you could put a bumper sticker with those words or paint it on somehow. huge difference.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 3:03:26 PM
At 11/23/2016 2:48:49 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

you don't have a right to a licence plate, you could put a bumper sticker with those words or paint it on somehow. huge difference.

A license plate is something I buy and have to have on my car so therefore it's mine.
keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 3:18:00 PM
The right to free speech is there to allow for criticism of the government - it isn't there to let potty mouthed herberts be gratiously offensive. It is there so one can criticise the government's tax policy, or its foreign policy etc. It is not there to make it ok to shout 'F*ck' at old ladies.

I am not saying the implemention of 'free speech' in the US achieves that purpose perfectly and any move to curtail the right of the people to criticise their government has to firmly resisted at ever turn - but you don't get the right to shout 'Fire!' in a crowded theatre or the right to tell gratuitous lies about a spouse or boss enshrined in the country's constitution.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 3:19:13 PM
At 11/23/2016 3:03:26 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

A license plate is something I buy and have to have on my car so therefore it's mine.

true, however since someone else is making it, they can choose what to and not put on it. Mind you I think it's silly since you can put a bumper sticker with the same words or whatever so I'm not sure why they wouldn't do it, there's lots of silly rules, but again they have the right not to do it.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2016 3:23:16 AM
At 11/23/2016 3:19:13 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 11/23/2016 3:03:26 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

true, however since someone else is making it, they can choose what to and not put on it. Mind you I think it's silly since you can put a bumper sticker with the same words or whatever so I'm not sure why they wouldn't do it, there's lots of silly rules, but again they have the right not to do it.

Case closed.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2016 3:25:34 AM

Because driving is a privilege and not a right...LOL
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2016 3:29:57 AM
At 11/23/2016 3:18:00 PM, keithprosser wrote:
The right to free speech is there to allow for criticism of the government - it isn't there to let potty mouthed herberts be gratiously offensive. It is there so one can criticise the government's tax policy, or its foreign policy etc. It is not there to make it ok to shout 'F*ck' at old ladies.

I am not saying the implemention of 'free speech' in the US achieves that purpose perfectly and any move to curtail the right of the people to criticise their government has to firmly resisted at ever turn - but you don't get the right to shout 'Fire!' in a crowded theatre or the right to tell gratuitous lies about a spouse or boss enshrined in the country's constitution.

This ^
HeavenlyPanda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2016 8:34:49 PM
Posted: 5 days ago

Quit your whining, you over-privileged, snobby, selfish brat.
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2016 5:07:47 PM
Posted: 4 days ago
At 11/27/2016 8:34:49 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:

That's right I am over-privileged brat who is question to whole constitution because I don't follow rules and made up laws like the crusty sheep that you are
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2016 7:16:28 PM
At 11/26/2016 3:25:34 AM, Hiu wrote:

What does owning of a license plate have to do with driving. I buy my license plate, currency is exchanged, I own it so why can't I have a vanity plate that says YOU SUCK

The free speech amendment is BS, so is the right to freedom, is that why the NSA is spying on everyone?
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2016 8:07:44 PM
At 11/28/2016 7:16:28 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

What does owning of a license plate have to do with driving. I buy my license plate, currency is exchanged, I own it so why can't I have a vanity plate that says YOU SUCK

The free speech amendment is BS, so is the right to freedom, is that why the NSA is spying on everyone?

ever since the whole "cake issue" I hope this will always hold true, because the person making or selling the product to you, has the right not to put those words on it if they don't want to, your freedom doesn't over ride someone else's, in other words if someone has the right NOT to do something, then your right should never force them to.
HeavenlyPanda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2016 10:03:37 PM
At 11/28/2016 5:07:47 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 11/27/2016 8:34:49 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:

That's right I am over-privileged brat who is question to whole constitution because I don't follow rules and made up laws like the crusty sheep that you are

Maybe you should learn english before you practice this free speech of your's. It's a bit difficult to understand what you're saying.
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 4:45:21 PM
Posted: 3 days ago
At 11/28/2016 8:07:44 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

ever since the whole "cake issue" I hope this will always hold true, because the person making or selling the product to you, has the right not to put those words on it if they don't want to, your freedom doesn't over ride someone else's, in other words if someone has the right NOT to do something, then your right should never force them to.

Why can't I wear a FU MOFO t-shirt to school, where is my free speech, there is no free speech it's all BS.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 4:53:51 PM
At 11/29/2016 4:45:21 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 11/28/2016 8:07:44 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

Why can't I wear a FU MOFO t-shirt to school, where is my free speech, there is no free speech it's all BS.

and it's getting worse with the bs triggers etc
keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 6:44:28 PM
If freedom of speech was really a lie criticising the government for its licence plate policy would get you 10 years in a gulag.

Start a campaign to change the rules - freedom of speech means no one can stop you doing that.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 6:52:27 PM
At 11/29/2016 6:44:28 PM, keithprosser wrote:
If freedom of speech was really a lie criticising the government for its licence plate policy would get you 10 years in a gulag.

Start a campaign to change the rules - freedom of speech means no one can stop you doing that.

Well we are fortunate enough not to live in Russia where there are no rights for individuals, the KGB can just arrest you for no reason and send you to Siberia.

Let me clarify my statement on free speech, "it's regulated" I can tell the president to fvck off but I can't have a plate that says OMG or wear a racist t-shirt slogan
keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 7:11:49 PM
At 11/29/2016 6:52:27 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 11/29/2016 6:44:28 PM, keithprosser wrote:

Well we are fortunate enough not to live in Russia where there are no rights for individuals, the KGB can just arrest you for no reason and send you to Siberia.

Let me clarify my statement on free speech, "it's regulated" I can tell the president to fvck off but I can't have a plate that says OMG or wear a racist t-shirt slogan

And that's as it should be. Better than the other way round, anyway.