Total Posts:48|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Politically Correct

FanboyMctroll
Posts: 3,613
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2016 3:55:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Are we going to far with this or what. We are going to rename the baseball and football teams because Washington Redskins or Cleveland Indians are no longer tolerated because they are racist names. We can't say Merry Christmas anymore you have to say Happy Holidays, ok so what about the Cheese Nip crackers are we going to rename them too because Nip is a derogatory name, what about Red Skin Potatoes, should they be renamed as well WTF!!!

Pretty soon it will be the Cleveland Caucasians and fuchsia skin potatoes, sorry fuchsia is too similar to another derogatory word we better be safe and call it salmon skin potatoes, and don't say OMG that's not tolerated anymore we have bigger issues to resolve like which bathroom will the transgenders use. What has this world turned to
Quadrunner
Posts: 4,452
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2016 3:19:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2016 3:55:29 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Are we going to far with this or what. We are going to rename the baseball and football teams because Washington Redskins or Cleveland Indians are no longer tolerated because they are racist names. We can't say Merry Christmas anymore you have to say Happy Holidays, ok so what about the Cheese Nip crackers are we going to rename them too because Nip is a derogatory name, what about Red Skin Potatoes, should they be renamed as well WTF!!!

Pretty soon it will be the Cleveland Caucasians and fuchsia skin potatoes, sorry fuchsia is too similar to another derogatory word we better be safe and call it salmon skin potatoes, and don't say OMG that's not tolerated anymore we have bigger issues to resolve like which bathroom will the transgenders use. What has this world turned to

A wise a$$ man once said this of marriage: Be good to them. Live the commitment of your vows. Let them speak, and listen. Then do what you want.
TheRandomWalk
Posts: 29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 5:33:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2016 3:55:29 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Are we going to far with this or what. We are going to rename the baseball and football teams because Washington Redskins or Cleveland Indians are no longer tolerated because they are racist names. We can't say Merry Christmas anymore you have to say Happy Holidays, ok so what about the Cheese Nip crackers are we going to rename them too because Nip is a derogatory name, what about Red Skin Potatoes, should they be renamed as well WTF!!!

Pretty soon it will be the Cleveland Caucasians and fuchsia skin potatoes, sorry fuchsia is too similar to another derogatory word we better be safe and call it salmon skin potatoes, and don't say OMG that's not tolerated anymore we have bigger issues to resolve like which bathroom will the transgenders use. What has this world turned to

Yeah it's getting ridiculous. But what people should do, and what people should be legally compelled to do are to different things. I think people should call their moms on mother's day, but that doesn't mean I think there should be a law, forcing people to do it.

If people wanna be super sensitive and spend their lives walking on eggshells in order to avoid offending people, go for it, you're probably a nice guy. But once you say I am required to do it, you become a fascist.
FanboyMctroll
Posts: 3,613
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 7:00:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/29/2016 5:33:23 PM, TheRandomWalk wrote:
At 11/25/2016 3:55:29 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Are we going to far with this or what. We are going to rename the baseball and football teams because Washington Redskins or Cleveland Indians are no longer tolerated because they are racist names. We can't say Merry Christmas anymore you have to say Happy Holidays, ok so what about the Cheese Nip crackers are we going to rename them too because Nip is a derogatory name, what about Red Skin Potatoes, should they be renamed as well WTF!!!

Pretty soon it will be the Cleveland Caucasians and fuchsia skin potatoes, sorry fuchsia is too similar to another derogatory word we better be safe and call it salmon skin potatoes, and don't say OMG that's not tolerated anymore we have bigger issues to resolve like which bathroom will the transgenders use. What has this world turned to

Yeah it's getting ridiculous. But what people should do, and what people should be legally compelled to do are to different things. I think people should call their moms on mother's day, but that doesn't mean I think there should be a law, forcing people to do it.

If people wanna be super sensitive and spend their lives walking on eggshells in order to avoid offending people, go for it, you're probably a nice guy. But once you say I am required to do it, you become a fascist.

I agree with you, so what is the solution, everyone is bitching about changing everything. Do we just turn a blind eye to it and ignore it?
kevin24018
Posts: 4,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 7:51:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/29/2016 7:00:07 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 11/29/2016 5:33:23 PM, TheRandomWalk wrote:
At 11/25/2016 3:55:29 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Are we going to far with this or what. We are going to rename the baseball and football teams because Washington Redskins or Cleveland Indians are no longer tolerated because they are racist names. We can't say Merry Christmas anymore you have to say Happy Holidays, ok so what about the Cheese Nip crackers are we going to rename them too because Nip is a derogatory name, what about Red Skin Potatoes, should they be renamed as well WTF!!!

Pretty soon it will be the Cleveland Caucasians and fuchsia skin potatoes, sorry fuchsia is too similar to another derogatory word we better be safe and call it salmon skin potatoes, and don't say OMG that's not tolerated anymore we have bigger issues to resolve like which bathroom will the transgenders use. What has this world turned to

Yeah it's getting ridiculous. But what people should do, and what people should be legally compelled to do are to different things. I think people should call their moms on mother's day, but that doesn't mean I think there should be a law, forcing people to do it.

If people wanna be super sensitive and spend their lives walking on eggshells in order to avoid offending people, go for it, you're probably a nice guy. But once you say I am required to do it, you become a fascist.

I agree with you, so what is the solution, everyone is bitching about changing everything. Do we just turn a blind eye to it and ignore it?

no you bitch slap them back by demanding they respect your rights, then walk away.
FanboyMctroll
Posts: 3,613
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 8:07:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/29/2016 7:51:34 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 11/29/2016 7:00:07 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 11/29/2016 5:33:23 PM, TheRandomWalk wrote:
At 11/25/2016 3:55:29 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Are we going to far with this or what. We are going to rename the baseball and football teams because Washington Redskins or Cleveland Indians are no longer tolerated because they are racist names. We can't say Merry Christmas anymore you have to say Happy Holidays, ok so what about the Cheese Nip crackers are we going to rename them too because Nip is a derogatory name, what about Red Skin Potatoes, should they be renamed as well WTF!!!

Pretty soon it will be the Cleveland Caucasians and fuchsia skin potatoes, sorry fuchsia is too similar to another derogatory word we better be safe and call it salmon skin potatoes, and don't say OMG that's not tolerated anymore we have bigger issues to resolve like which bathroom will the transgenders use. What has this world turned to

Yeah it's getting ridiculous. But what people should do, and what people should be legally compelled to do are to different things. I think people should call their moms on mother's day, but that doesn't mean I think there should be a law, forcing people to do it.

If people wanna be super sensitive and spend their lives walking on eggshells in order to avoid offending people, go for it, you're probably a nice guy. But once you say I am required to do it, you become a fascist.

I agree with you, so what is the solution, everyone is bitching about changing everything. Do we just turn a blind eye to it and ignore it?

no you bitch slap them back by demanding they respect your rights, then walk away.

Hey we can't bitch slap them, they will file assault charges against you
kevin24018
Posts: 4,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 8:14:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/29/2016 8:07:58 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 11/29/2016 7:51:34 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 11/29/2016 7:00:07 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 11/29/2016 5:33:23 PM, TheRandomWalk wrote:
At 11/25/2016 3:55:29 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Are we going to far with this or what. We are going to rename the baseball and football teams because Washington Redskins or Cleveland Indians are no longer tolerated because they are racist names. We can't say Merry Christmas anymore you have to say Happy Holidays, ok so what about the Cheese Nip crackers are we going to rename them too because Nip is a derogatory name, what about Red Skin Potatoes, should they be renamed as well WTF!!!

Pretty soon it will be the Cleveland Caucasians and fuchsia skin potatoes, sorry fuchsia is too similar to another derogatory word we better be safe and call it salmon skin potatoes, and don't say OMG that's not tolerated anymore we have bigger issues to resolve like which bathroom will the transgenders use. What has this world turned to

Yeah it's getting ridiculous. But what people should do, and what people should be legally compelled to do are to different things. I think people should call their moms on mother's day, but that doesn't mean I think there should be a law, forcing people to do it.

If people wanna be super sensitive and spend their lives walking on eggshells in order to avoid offending people, go for it, you're probably a nice guy. But once you say I am required to do it, you become a fascist.

I agree with you, so what is the solution, everyone is bitching about changing everything. Do we just turn a blind eye to it and ignore it?

no you bitch slap them back by demanding they respect your rights, then walk away.

Hey we can't bitch slap them, they will file assault charges against you

well it's more of a verbal bitch slap, but the more this silliness is tolerated the more it will be pushed.
TheRandomWalk
Posts: 29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 8:18:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/29/2016 7:00:07 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 11/29/2016 5:33:23 PM, TheRandomWalk wrote:
At 11/25/2016 3:55:29 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Are we going to far with this or what. We are going to rename the baseball and football teams because Washington Redskins or Cleveland Indians are no longer tolerated because they are racist names. We can't say Merry Christmas anymore you have to say Happy Holidays, ok so what about the Cheese Nip crackers are we going to rename them too because Nip is a derogatory name, what about Red Skin Potatoes, should they be renamed as well WTF!!!

Pretty soon it will be the Cleveland Caucasians and fuchsia skin potatoes, sorry fuchsia is too similar to another derogatory word we better be safe and call it salmon skin potatoes, and don't say OMG that's not tolerated anymore we have bigger issues to resolve like which bathroom will the transgenders use. What has this world turned to

Yeah it's getting ridiculous. But what people should do, and what people should be legally compelled to do are to different things. I think people should call their moms on mother's day, but that doesn't mean I think there should be a law, forcing people to do it.

If people wanna be super sensitive and spend their lives walking on eggshells in order to avoid offending people, go for it, you're probably a nice guy. But once you say I am required to do it, you become a fascist.

I agree with you, so what is the solution, everyone is bitching about changing everything. Do we just turn a blind eye to it and ignore it?

They have their right to ask, you...

If they want to write letters to sports teams or boycott them, let them. That's democracy.

It's when they start calling for legislation forcing people to say things, or change names, that's when you start handing out (legal equivalent of) bitchslaps.
slo1
Posts: 5,199
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 2:06:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2016 3:55:29 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Are we going to far with this or what. We are going to rename the baseball and football teams because Washington Redskins or Cleveland Indians are no longer tolerated because they are racist names. We can't say Merry Christmas anymore you have to say Happy Holidays, ok so what about the Cheese Nip crackers are we going to rename them too because Nip is a derogatory name, what about Red Skin Potatoes, should they be renamed as well WTF!!!

Pretty soon it will be the Cleveland Caucasians and fuchsia skin potatoes, sorry fuchsia is too similar to another derogatory word we better be safe and call it salmon skin potatoes, and don't say OMG that's not tolerated anymore we have bigger issues to resolve like which bathroom will the transgenders use. What has this world turned to

Where exactly can't you say merry Christma?. You are falling for rightist propoganda who wants gov to promote Christianity while disregarding other faiths.

You should see how the Temple of Satan (a secular group that is not satanists that everyone thinks of) has been treated when they went to get an after school program in a public school that has an evangelical after school program. Talk about conservative political correctness, people flipped the sh1ts.
Quadrunner
Posts: 4,452
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 6:57:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/1/2016 2:06:23 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 11/25/2016 3:55:29 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Are we going to far with this or what. We are going to rename the baseball and football teams because Washington Redskins or Cleveland Indians are no longer tolerated because they are racist names. We can't say Merry Christmas anymore you have to say Happy Holidays, ok so what about the Cheese Nip crackers are we going to rename them too because Nip is a derogatory name, what about Red Skin Potatoes, should they be renamed as well WTF!!!

Pretty soon it will be the Cleveland Caucasians and fuchsia skin potatoes, sorry fuchsia is too similar to another derogatory word we better be safe and call it salmon skin potatoes, and don't say OMG that's not tolerated anymore we have bigger issues to resolve like which bathroom will the transgenders use. What has this world turned to

Where exactly can't you say merry Christma?. You are falling for rightist propoganda who wants gov to promote Christianity while disregarding other faiths.

News stations...You can say what you want, but news stations will pressure you to present a certain way. One will be all for Christmas, the other won't let you say Christmas unless in context of story, and make its staff say happy holidays with implicit ultimatum.

This criticism of pressured pandering is really more of a quibble politically, as the station would still have to come up with a reason that doesn't violate your rights to let you go. It does seem wrong though, and a lot of people can relate to something like this in their life and agree, and thus, is justifiable grounds for societal bitching. People should be able to say merry Christmas or happy Hanukkah or whatever without being guilt tripped because a b!tch decided to take offense without following up with what you meant. Seriously, there are people there that think "merry Christmas" is synonymous with forcing Christianity on them.

A college is also being forced to change its name by societal pressures. It wasn't hurting anything really, or offensive, but some people with money/influence found offense to it....Now their team just played in nameless shame while the logos aren't removed yet, and its hilarious. The alternate names they came up with were all pathetic. I like to think its in an effort to allude back to the old standby. Students still use the old name, and other schools just make fun of them because they couldn't even hang onto their identity, which was actually a pretty cool name in my opinion. The school spent hundreds of thousands of dollars in formalities, despite having the okay from tribes its name recognized, because the NCAA found it offensive.

Just look at this ridiculousness...http://www.thecollegefix.com...

There's thousands of things like this going on right now. Follow the trends. Follow the money....

You should see how the Temple of Satan (a secular group that is not satanists that everyone thinks of) has been treated when they went to get an after school program in a public school that has an evangelical after school program. Talk about conservative political correctness, people flipped the sh1ts.
Quadrunner
Posts: 4,452
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 7:16:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/29/2016 8:14:36 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 11/29/2016 8:07:58 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 11/29/2016 7:51:34 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 11/29/2016 7:00:07 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 11/29/2016 5:33:23 PM, TheRandomWalk wrote:
At 11/25/2016 3:55:29 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Are we going to far with this or what. We are going to rename the baseball and football teams because Washington Redskins or Cleveland Indians are no longer tolerated because they are racist names. We can't say Merry Christmas anymore you have to say Happy Holidays, ok so what about the Cheese Nip crackers are we going to rename them too because Nip is a derogatory name, what about Red Skin Potatoes, should they be renamed as well WTF!!!

Pretty soon it will be the Cleveland Caucasians and fuchsia skin potatoes, sorry fuchsia is too similar to another derogatory word we better be safe and call it salmon skin potatoes, and don't say OMG that's not tolerated anymore we have bigger issues to resolve like which bathroom will the transgenders use. What has this world turned to

Yeah it's getting ridiculous. But what people should do, and what people should be legally compelled to do are to different things. I think people should call their moms on mother's day, but that doesn't mean I think there should be a law, forcing people to do it.

If people wanna be super sensitive and spend their lives walking on eggshells in order to avoid offending people, go for it, you're probably a nice guy. But once you say I am required to do it, you become a fascist.

I agree with you, so what is the solution, everyone is bitching about changing everything. Do we just turn a blind eye to it and ignore it?

no you bitch slap them back by demanding they respect your rights, then walk away.

Hey we can't bitch slap them, they will file assault charges against you

well it's more of a verbal bitch slap, but the more this silliness is tolerated the more it will be pushed.

I wonder how many people get assault charges by bitches who have been justifiably slapped....
slo1
Posts: 5,199
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 7:55:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/1/2016 6:57:15 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 12/1/2016 2:06:23 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 11/25/2016 3:55:29 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Are we going to far with this or what. We are going to rename the baseball and football teams because Washington Redskins or Cleveland Indians are no longer tolerated because they are racist names. We can't say Merry Christmas anymore you have to say Happy Holidays, ok so what about the Cheese Nip crackers are we going to rename them too because Nip is a derogatory name, what about Red Skin Potatoes, should they be renamed as well WTF!!!

Pretty soon it will be the Cleveland Caucasians and fuchsia skin potatoes, sorry fuchsia is too similar to another derogatory word we better be safe and call it salmon skin potatoes, and don't say OMG that's not tolerated anymore we have bigger issues to resolve like which bathroom will the transgenders use. What has this world turned to

Where exactly can't you say merry Christma?. You are falling for rightist propoganda who wants gov to promote Christianity while disregarding other faiths.

News stations...You can say what you want, but news stations will pressure you to present a certain way. One will be all for Christmas, the other won't let you say Christmas unless in context of story, and make its staff say happy holidays with implicit ultimatum.

I have yet to work for a company that did not pressure it's employees to behave in certain ways. As private entities they have that right and as an employee we have the right to quit. I fail to see the big deal.

This criticism of pressured pandering is really more of a quibble politically, as the station would still have to come up with a reason that doesn't violate your rights to let you go. It does seem wrong though, and a lot of people can relate to something like this in their life and agree, and thus, is justifiable grounds for societal bitching. People should be able to say merry Christmas or happy Hanukkah or whatever without being guilt tripped because a b!tch decided to take offense without following up with what you meant. Seriously, there are people there that think "merry Christmas" is synonymous with forcing Christianity on them.

While it maybe an intended pleasantry, only Christians care about expressing Marry Christmas to everybody they work with. Why should I give a flying f if people are pressured to know their audience or use a generic pleasantry such as happy holiday?

A college is also being forced to change its name by societal pressures. It wasn't hurting anything really, or offensive, but some people with money/influence found offense to it....Now their team just played in nameless shame while the logos aren't removed yet, and its hilarious. The alternate names they came up with were all pathetic. I like to think its in an effort to allude back to the old standby. Students still use the old name, and other schools just make fun of them because they couldn't even hang onto their identity, which was actually a pretty cool name in my opinion. The school spent hundreds of thousands of dollars in formalities, despite having the okay from tribes its name recognized, because the NCAA found it offensive.

The NCAA is welcome to have their opinion. It appears the general public and Souix are fine with the name of the Fighting Sioux. If the college doesn't want to change it then they don't have to change it. If the NCAA is exerting fiscal pressure they can leave the NCAA. It is about time to get competition against the NCAA.

People put all types of pressure on other people non-stop. Complaining about that fact is just complaining. My hackles go up when one complains that those with opposite political views are so unreasonable, yet don't understand the same thing happens on their side of issues.

In other words I fundamentally agree that saying merry Christmas should not be offensive to anyone, but I also think people don't need to get bent out of shape when I reply, "Thanks, but I'm not a Christian, I'm a member of the Temple of Satan".

Just look at this ridiculousness...http://www.thecollegefix.com...

There's thousands of things like this going on right now. Follow the trends. Follow the money....

You should see how the Temple of Satan (a secular group that is not satanists that everyone thinks of) has been treated when they went to get an after school program in a public school that has an evangelical after school program. Talk about conservative political correctness, people flipped the sh1ts.
Quadrunner
Posts: 4,452
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 8:32:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/1/2016 7:55:36 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 12/1/2016 6:57:15 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 12/1/2016 2:06:23 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 11/25/2016 3:55:29 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Are we going to far with this or what. We are going to rename the baseball and football teams because Washington Redskins or Cleveland Indians are no longer tolerated because they are racist names. We can't say Merry Christmas anymore you have to say Happy Holidays, ok so what about the Cheese Nip crackers are we going to rename them too because Nip is a derogatory name, what about Red Skin Potatoes, should they be renamed as well WTF!!!

Pretty soon it will be the Cleveland Caucasians and fuchsia skin potatoes, sorry fuchsia is too similar to another derogatory word we better be safe and call it salmon skin potatoes, and don't say OMG that's not tolerated anymore we have bigger issues to resolve like which bathroom will the transgenders use. What has this world turned to

Where exactly can't you say merry Christma?. You are falling for rightist propoganda who wants gov to promote Christianity while disregarding other faiths.

News stations...You can say what you want, but news stations will pressure you to present a certain way. One will be all for Christmas, the other won't let you say Christmas unless in context of story, and make its staff say happy holidays with implicit ultimatum.

I have yet to work for a company that did not pressure it's employees to behave in certain ways. As private entities they have that right and as an employee we have the right to quit. I fail to see the big deal.

Its just a petty thing to pressure someones job over. I don't see the need for there to a big deal in this conversation.

This criticism of pressured pandering is really more of a quibble politically, as the station would still have to come up with a reason that doesn't violate your rights to let you go. It does seem wrong though, and a lot of people can relate to something like this in their life and agree, and thus, is justifiable grounds for societal bitching. People should be able to say merry Christmas or happy Hanukkah or whatever without being guilt tripped because a b!tch decided to take offense without following up with what you meant. Seriously, there are people there that think "merry Christmas" is synonymous with forcing Christianity on them.

While it maybe an intended pleasantry, only Christians care about expressing Marry Christmas to everybody they work with.

False

Why should I give a flying f if people are pressured to know their audience or use a generic pleasantry such as happy holiday?

You have influence in your own sphere, and should give a shiit about how people are treated in it.

A college is also being forced to change its name by societal pressures. It wasn't hurting anything really, or offensive, but some people with money/influence found offense to it....Now their team just played in nameless shame while the logos aren't removed yet, and its hilarious. The alternate names they came up with were all pathetic. I like to think its in an effort to allude back to the old standby. Students still use the old name, and other schools just make fun of them because they couldn't even hang onto their identity, which was actually a pretty cool name in my opinion. The school spent hundreds of thousands of dollars in formalities, despite having the okay from tribes its name recognized, because the NCAA found it offensive.

The NCAA is welcome to have their opinion. It appears the general public and Souix are fine with the name of the Fighting Sioux. If the college doesn't want to change it then they don't have to change it. If the NCAA is exerting fiscal pressure they can leave the NCAA. It is about time to get competition against the NCAA.

No you don't understand. The NCAA exerts political pressure to change the name through ultimatum or revoking the school, and the school needs the NCAA to hold its events, gain publicity and make money to provide service to its clients. This is why changing the name is "Politically Correct", despite the complete stupidity of the whole situation. The NCAA has a right to do that, and the school has a right to cave or do its own thing, and its still a diick move. This thing the NCAA is pushing has no benefit and is costing the school and its beneficiaries money, and honestly hurting its image without regard. Now, I'm happy we have the legal leniency to be a dick, but it doesn't hurt to check diickheads every once and awhile.

People put all types of pressure on other people non-stop. Complaining about that fact is just complaining. My hackles go up when one complains that those with opposite political views are so unreasonable, yet don't understand the same thing happens on their side of issues.

In other words I fundamentally agree that saying merry Christmas should not be offensive to anyone, but I also think people don't need to get bent out of shape when I reply, "Thanks, but I'm not a Christian, I'm a member of the Temple of Satan".

Why would they get bent out of shape, and what did that sentence have to do with having a merry Christmas? I mean, a satanist can still have a hell of a good Christmas and your religion wasn't implied, so how was your reply relevant? If it was relevant what did you mean?

Just look at this ridiculousness...http://www.thecollegefix.com...

There's thousands of things like this going on right now. Follow the trends. Follow the money....

You should see how the Temple of Satan (a secular group that is not satanists that everyone thinks of) has been treated when they went to get an after school program in a public school that has an evangelical after school program. Talk about conservative political correctness, people flipped the sh1ts.
keithprosser
Posts: 5,352
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 9:32:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm not sure about this 'Happy holiday' stuff. Holiday is derived from 'Holy day' so it is still clearly references the status of a day holy only within Christianity. That is hardly faith-neutral so I would suggest 'Happy 25th of December'.

In fact, to remove all possible religious connotations, I think we should change the date of Christmas - sorry the date of 25th December - to some other date entirely, say around April or May. I have no doubt that having December the 25th on, say, the 1st of April should keep everyone happy.
slo1
Posts: 5,199
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 10:11:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/1/2016 8:32:51 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 12/1/2016 7:55:36 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 12/1/2016 6:57:15 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 12/1/2016 2:06:23 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 11/25/2016 3:55:29 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Are we going to far with this or what. We are going to rename the baseball and football teams because Washington Redskins or Cleveland Indians are no longer tolerated because they are racist names. We can't say Merry Christmas anymore you have to say Happy Holidays, ok so what about the Cheese Nip crackers are we going to rename them too because Nip is a derogatory name, what about Red Skin Potatoes, should they be renamed as well WTF!!!

Pretty soon it will be the Cleveland Caucasians and fuchsia skin potatoes, sorry fuchsia is too similar to another derogatory word we better be safe and call it salmon skin potatoes, and don't say OMG that's not tolerated anymore we have bigger issues to resolve like which bathroom will the transgenders use. What has this world turned to

Where exactly can't you say merry Christma?. You are falling for rightist propoganda who wants gov to promote Christianity while disregarding other faiths.

News stations...You can say what you want, but news stations will pressure you to present a certain way. One will be all for Christmas, the other won't let you say Christmas unless in context of story, and make its staff say happy holidays with implicit ultimatum.

I have yet to work for a company that did not pressure it's employees to behave in certain ways. As private entities they have that right and as an employee we have the right to quit. I fail to see the big deal.

Its just a petty thing to pressure someones job over. I don't see the need for there to a big deal in this conversation.

This criticism of pressured pandering is really more of a quibble politically, as the station would still have to come up with a reason that doesn't violate your rights to let you go. It does seem wrong though, and a lot of people can relate to something like this in their life and agree, and thus, is justifiable grounds for societal bitching. People should be able to say merry Christmas or happy Hanukkah or whatever without being guilt tripped because a b!tch decided to take offense without following up with what you meant. Seriously, there are people there that think "merry Christmas" is synonymous with forcing Christianity on them.

While it maybe an intended pleasantry, only Christians care about expressing Marry Christmas to everybody they work with.

False

Why should I give a flying f if people are pressured to know their audience or use a generic pleasantry such as happy holiday?

You have influence in your own sphere, and should give a shiit about how people are treated in it.

A college is also being forced to change its name by societal pressures. It wasn't hurting anything really, or offensive, but some people with money/influence found offense to it....Now their team just played in nameless shame while the logos aren't removed yet, and its hilarious. The alternate names they came up with were all pathetic. I like to think its in an effort to allude back to the old standby. Students still use the old name, and other schools just make fun of them because they couldn't even hang onto their identity, which was actually a pretty cool name in my opinion. The school spent hundreds of thousands of dollars in formalities, despite having the okay from tribes its name recognized, because the NCAA found it offensive.

The NCAA is welcome to have their opinion. It appears the general public and Souix are fine with the name of the Fighting Sioux. If the college doesn't want to change it then they don't have to change it. If the NCAA is exerting fiscal pressure they can leave the NCAA. It is about time to get competition against the NCAA.

No you don't understand. The NCAA exerts political pressure to change the name through ultimatum or revoking the school, and the school needs the NCAA to hold its events, gain publicity and make money to provide service to its clients. This is why changing the name is "Politically Correct", despite the complete stupidity of the whole situation. The NCAA has a right to do that, and the school has a right to cave or do its own thing, and its still a diick move. This thing the NCAA is pushing has no benefit and is costing the school and its beneficiaries money, and honestly hurting its image without regard. Now, I'm happy we have the legal leniency to be a dick, but it doesn't hurt to check diickheads every once and awhile.

People put all types of pressure on other people non-stop. Complaining about that fact is just complaining. My hackles go up when one complains that those with opposite political views are so unreasonable, yet don't understand the same thing happens on their side of issues.

In other words I fundamentally agree that saying merry Christmas should not be offensive to anyone, but I also think people don't need to get bent out of shape when I reply, "Thanks, but I'm not a Christian, I'm a member of the Temple of Satan".

Why would they get bent out of shape, and what did that sentence have to do with having a merry Christmas? I mean, a satanist can still have a hell of a good Christmas and your religion wasn't implied, so how was your reply relevant? If it was relevant what did you mean?

I just read a Yelp review of a taco shop where a guy gave one star because after he learned it was halal certified. You tell me why people are offended when they can have a perfectly tasty halal taco.

Just look at this ridiculousness...http://www.thecollegefix.com...

There's thousands of things like this going on right now. Follow the trends. Follow the money....

You should see how the Temple of Satan (a secular group that is not satanists that everyone thinks of) has been treated when they went to get an after school program in a public school that has an evangelical after school program. Talk about conservative political correctness, people flipped the sh1ts.
Archaholic
Posts: 1,553
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2016 5:10:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I wonder what happenned with Fanboy user. His account seems to be deactivated. Is it that he was banned or he just deactivated his account?

I saw many users deactivating their accounts all of the sudden. Why does it happen so oftenly?
Df0512
Posts: 1,070
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2016 12:39:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2016 3:55:29 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Are we going to far with this or what. We are going to rename the baseball and football teams because Washington Redskins or Cleveland Indians are no longer tolerated because they are racist names. We can't say Merry Christmas anymore you have to say Happy Holidays, ok so what about the Cheese Nip crackers are we going to rename them too because Nip is a derogatory name, what about Red Skin Potatoes, should they be renamed as well WTF!!!

Pretty soon it will be the Cleveland Caucasians and fuchsia skin potatoes, sorry fuchsia is too similar to another derogatory word we better be safe and call it salmon skin potatoes, and don't say OMG that's not tolerated anymore we have bigger issues to resolve like which bathroom will the transgenders use. What has this world turned to

I think the team names should go for obvious reasons. I don't know any native Americans who are okay with it. Everything else i agree with you on.
kevin24018
Posts: 4,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2016 3:56:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/12/2016 12:39:45 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 11/25/2016 3:55:29 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Are we going to far with this or what. We are going to rename the baseball and football teams because Washington Redskins or Cleveland Indians are no longer tolerated because they are racist names. We can't say Merry Christmas anymore you have to say Happy Holidays, ok so what about the Cheese Nip crackers are we going to rename them too because Nip is a derogatory name, what about Red Skin Potatoes, should they be renamed as well WTF!!!

Pretty soon it will be the Cleveland Caucasians and fuchsia skin potatoes, sorry fuchsia is too similar to another derogatory word we better be safe and call it salmon skin potatoes, and don't say OMG that's not tolerated anymore we have bigger issues to resolve like which bathroom will the transgenders use. What has this world turned to

I think the team names should go for obvious reasons. I don't know any native Americans who are okay with it. Everything else i agree with you on.

How about the giants? Have you seen the super tall people and the health problems they have, it's sad really. Is the name Cowboys offensive as well, I mean aside of a sucky team, does that offend Native Americans because of the cowboy and Indian movies? The military isn't p.c. Apache helicopter, tomahawk missiles. I find panthers offensive as a team name.
here's a list of 20, how silly would like to get with this aka where do you draw the line?
http://ijr.com...

that's the whole problem with p.c. where do you draw the line and who draws it?
Df0512
Posts: 1,070
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2016 11:21:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/12/2016 3:56:54 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 12/12/2016 12:39:45 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 11/25/2016 3:55:29 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Are we going to far with this or what. We are going to rename the baseball and football teams because Washington Redskins or Cleveland Indians are no longer tolerated because they are racist names. We can't say Merry Christmas anymore you have to say Happy Holidays, ok so what about the Cheese Nip crackers are we going to rename them too because Nip is a derogatory name, what about Red Skin Potatoes, should they be renamed as well WTF!!!

Pretty soon it will be the Cleveland Caucasians and fuchsia skin potatoes, sorry fuchsia is too similar to another derogatory word we better be safe and call it salmon skin potatoes, and don't say OMG that's not tolerated anymore we have bigger issues to resolve like which bathroom will the transgenders use. What has this world turned to

I think the team names should go for obvious reasons. I don't know any native Americans who are okay with it. Everything else i agree with you on.

How about the giants? Have you seen the super tall people and the health problems they have, it's sad really. Is the name Cowboys offensive as well, I mean aside of a sucky team, does that offend Native Americans because of the cowboy and Indian movies? The military isn't p.c. Apache helicopter, tomahawk missiles. I find panthers offensive as a team name.
here's a list of 20, how silly would like to get with this aka where do you draw the line?
http://ijr.com...

that's the whole problem with p.c. where do you draw the line and who draws it?

There is so much sarcasm on this site it is almost to much. Everyones a smart as*. Do you really have to exaggerate your point so much to argue it lol I mean your asking me why NATIVE AMERICANS are offended by it. Do you even know if I am Native Americans. I'm Black. I dont know. Does it matter. The name of the team is Red-skin.
It is a slur for Native Americans. That one is obvious.

You don't seem to have an answer either. Your just upset at the current level of peoples sensitivities and you want people to get over it. Thats not a line. I mean, I'm talking about 2 team names here. What if the line is drawn in favor of changing the team names? Are you still going to have the same attitude? I dont think so.

My personal opinion on all the other pc stuff you brought up. I dont care. I'm strong enough to not let other peoples words define me. But that is because of my experiences in life. For example; I dont care about the N word. My grand parents however, hate it. Shall not be uttered around them. You cant just say PC and lump all people who believe in it together into one big target. The term is too broad. And saying people are too PC just doesnt make sense to me. Of course, we are talking about million and millions of people. Thats life bro
kevin24018
Posts: 4,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 12:47:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/12/2016 11:21:44 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 12/12/2016 3:56:54 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 12/12/2016 12:39:45 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 11/25/2016 3:55:29 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Are we going to far with this or what. We are going to rename the baseball and football teams because Washington Redskins or Cleveland Indians are no longer tolerated because they are racist names. We can't say Merry Christmas anymore you have to say Happy Holidays, ok so what about the Cheese Nip crackers are we going to rename them too because Nip is a derogatory name, what about Red Skin Potatoes, should they be renamed as well WTF!!!

Pretty soon it will be the Cleveland Caucasians and fuchsia skin potatoes, sorry fuchsia is too similar to another derogatory word we better be safe and call it salmon skin potatoes, and don't say OMG that's not tolerated anymore we have bigger issues to resolve like which bathroom will the transgenders use. What has this world turned to

I think the team names should go for obvious reasons. I don't know any native Americans who are okay with it. Everything else i agree with you on.

How about the giants? Have you seen the super tall people and the health problems they have, it's sad really. Is the name Cowboys offensive as well, I mean aside of a sucky team, does that offend Native Americans because of the cowboy and Indian movies? The military isn't p.c. Apache helicopter, tomahawk missiles. I find panthers offensive as a team name.
here's a list of 20, how silly would like to get with this aka where do you draw the line?
http://ijr.com...

that's the whole problem with p.c. where do you draw the line and who draws it?

There is so much sarcasm on this site it is almost to much. Everyones a smart as*. Do you really have to exaggerate your point so much to argue it lol I mean your asking me why NATIVE AMERICANS are offended by it. Do you even know if I am Native Americans. I'm Black. I dont know. Does it matter. The name of the team is Red-skin.
It is a slur for Native Americans. That one is obvious.

You don't seem to have an answer either. Your just upset at the current level of peoples sensitivities and you want people to get over it. Thats not a line. I mean, I'm talking about 2 team names here. What if the line is drawn in favor of changing the team names? Are you still going to have the same attitude? I dont think so.

My personal opinion on all the other pc stuff you brought up. I dont care. I'm strong enough to not let other peoples words define me. But that is because of my experiences in life. For example; I dont care about the N word. My grand parents however, hate it. Shall not be uttered around them. You cant just say PC and lump all people who believe in it together into one big target. The term is too broad. And saying people are too PC just doesnt make sense to me. Of course, we are talking about million and millions of people. Thats life bro

ok so where do you draw the line, seems like a simple question right? That was the point is it gets ridiculous and who is the judge, king or authority that has the power to draw these lines? So let's say you are Native American and are offended, is your level of offense greater than someone else's?
what if I was Scandinavian, is there not enough of us that our offense doesn't matter, or is it because we are "white"? Minnesota Vikings: "I bet there are some Scandinavian football fans out there who don't appreciate being identified with men who raped, pillaged, and rarely bathed."
again simple question, draw me some lines, I won't ask you to color inside them ;)
Quadrunner
Posts: 4,452
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 1:08:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2016 12:47:30 AM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 12/12/2016 11:21:44 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 12/12/2016 3:56:54 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 12/12/2016 12:39:45 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 11/25/2016 3:55:29 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Are we going to far with this or what. We are going to rename the baseball and football teams because Washington Redskins or Cleveland Indians are no longer tolerated because they are racist names. We can't say Merry Christmas anymore you have to say Happy Holidays, ok so what about the Cheese Nip crackers are we going to rename them too because Nip is a derogatory name, what about Red Skin Potatoes, should they be renamed as well WTF!!!

Pretty soon it will be the Cleveland Caucasians and fuchsia skin potatoes, sorry fuchsia is too similar to another derogatory word we better be safe and call it salmon skin potatoes, and don't say OMG that's not tolerated anymore we have bigger issues to resolve like which bathroom will the transgenders use. What has this world turned to

I think the team names should go for obvious reasons. I don't know any native Americans who are okay with it. Everything else i agree with you on.

How about the giants? Have you seen the super tall people and the health problems they have, it's sad really. Is the name Cowboys offensive as well, I mean aside of a sucky team, does that offend Native Americans because of the cowboy and Indian movies? The military isn't p.c. Apache helicopter, tomahawk missiles. I find panthers offensive as a team name.
here's a list of 20, how silly would like to get with this aka where do you draw the line?
http://ijr.com...

that's the whole problem with p.c. where do you draw the line and who draws it?

There is so much sarcasm on this site it is almost to much. Everyones a smart as*. Do you really have to exaggerate your point so much to argue it lol I mean your asking me why NATIVE AMERICANS are offended by it. Do you even know if I am Native Americans. I'm Black. I dont know. Does it matter. The name of the team is Red-skin.
It is a slur for Native Americans. That one is obvious.

You don't seem to have an answer either. Your just upset at the current level of peoples sensitivities and you want people to get over it. Thats not a line. I mean, I'm talking about 2 team names here. What if the line is drawn in favor of changing the team names? Are you still going to have the same attitude? I dont think so.

My personal opinion on all the other pc stuff you brought up. I dont care. I'm strong enough to not let other peoples words define me. But that is because of my experiences in life. For example; I dont care about the N word. My grand parents however, hate it. Shall not be uttered around them. You cant just say PC and lump all people who believe in it together into one big target. The term is too broad. And saying people are too PC just doesnt make sense to me. Of course, we are talking about million and millions of people. Thats life bro

ok so where do you draw the line, seems like a simple question right? That was the point is it gets ridiculous and who is the judge, king or authority that has the power to draw these lines? So let's say you are Native American and are offended, is your level of offense greater than someone else's?
what if I was Scandinavian, is there not enough of us that our offense doesn't matter, or is it because we are "white"? Minnesota Vikings: "I bet there are some Scandinavian football fans out there who don't appreciate being identified with men who raped, pillaged, and rarely bathed."
again simple question, draw me some lines, I won't ask you to color inside them ;)

I draw the line at the rights of the people affected. Wow, that was easier than I thought.
kevin24018
Posts: 4,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 1:07:14 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/13/2016 1:08:25 AM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 12/13/2016 12:47:30 AM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 12/12/2016 11:21:44 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 12/12/2016 3:56:54 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 12/12/2016 12:39:45 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 11/25/2016 3:55:29 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Are we going to far with this or what. We are going to rename the baseball and football teams because Washington Redskins or Cleveland Indians are no longer tolerated because they are racist names. We can't say Merry Christmas anymore you have to say Happy Holidays, ok so what about the Cheese Nip crackers are we going to rename them too because Nip is a derogatory name, what about Red Skin Potatoes, should they be renamed as well WTF!!!

Pretty soon it will be the Cleveland Caucasians and fuchsia skin potatoes, sorry fuchsia is too similar to another derogatory word we better be safe and call it salmon skin potatoes, and don't say OMG that's not tolerated anymore we have bigger issues to resolve like which bathroom will the transgenders use. What has this world turned to

I think the team names should go for obvious reasons. I don't know any native Americans who are okay with it. Everything else i agree with you on.

How about the giants? Have you seen the super tall people and the health problems they have, it's sad really. Is the name Cowboys offensive as well, I mean aside of a sucky team, does that offend Native Americans because of the cowboy and Indian movies? The military isn't p.c. Apache helicopter, tomahawk missiles. I find panthers offensive as a team name.
here's a list of 20, how silly would like to get with this aka where do you draw the line?
http://ijr.com...

that's the whole problem with p.c. where do you draw the line and who draws it?

There is so much sarcasm on this site it is almost to much. Everyones a smart as*. Do you really have to exaggerate your point so much to argue it lol I mean your asking me why NATIVE AMERICANS are offended by it. Do you even know if I am Native Americans. I'm Black. I dont know. Does it matter. The name of the team is Red-skin.
It is a slur for Native Americans. That one is obvious.

You don't seem to have an answer either. Your just upset at the current level of peoples sensitivities and you want people to get over it. Thats not a line. I mean, I'm talking about 2 team names here. What if the line is drawn in favor of changing the team names? Are you still going to have the same attitude? I dont think so.

My personal opinion on all the other pc stuff you brought up. I dont care. I'm strong enough to not let other peoples words define me. But that is because of my experiences in life. For example; I dont care about the N word. My grand parents however, hate it. Shall not be uttered around them. You cant just say PC and lump all people who believe in it together into one big target. The term is too broad. And saying people are too PC just doesnt make sense to me. Of course, we are talking about million and millions of people. Thats life bro

ok so where do you draw the line, seems like a simple question right? That was the point is it gets ridiculous and who is the judge, king or authority that has the power to draw these lines? So let's say you are Native American and are offended, is your level of offense greater than someone else's?
what if I was Scandinavian, is there not enough of us that our offense doesn't matter, or is it because we are "white"? Minnesota Vikings: "I bet there are some Scandinavian football fans out there who don't appreciate being identified with men who raped, pillaged, and rarely bathed."
again simple question, draw me some lines, I won't ask you to color inside them ;)

I draw the line at the rights of the people affected. Wow, that was easier than I thought.

which ones the ones being offended or the one using what that person thinks is offensive?
lots of videos of people finding hats and shirts with MAGA on them offensive, let's say the football team changes their name, do people who own the clothing still have a right to wear them or would that be illegal?
Quadrunner
Posts: 4,452
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 1:50:59 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/13/2016 1:07:14 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 12/13/2016 1:08:25 AM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 12/13/2016 12:47:30 AM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 12/12/2016 11:21:44 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 12/12/2016 3:56:54 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 12/12/2016 12:39:45 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 11/25/2016 3:55:29 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Are we going to far with this or what. We are going to rename the baseball and football teams because Washington Redskins or Cleveland Indians are no longer tolerated because they are racist names. We can't say Merry Christmas anymore you have to say Happy Holidays, ok so what about the Cheese Nip crackers are we going to rename them too because Nip is a derogatory name, what about Red Skin Potatoes, should they be renamed as well WTF!!!

Pretty soon it will be the Cleveland Caucasians and fuchsia skin potatoes, sorry fuchsia is too similar to another derogatory word we better be safe and call it salmon skin potatoes, and don't say OMG that's not tolerated anymore we have bigger issues to resolve like which bathroom will the transgenders use. What has this world turned to

I think the team names should go for obvious reasons. I don't know any native Americans who are okay with it. Everything else i agree with you on.

How about the giants? Have you seen the super tall people and the health problems they have, it's sad really. Is the name Cowboys offensive as well, I mean aside of a sucky team, does that offend Native Americans because of the cowboy and Indian movies? The military isn't p.c. Apache helicopter, tomahawk missiles. I find panthers offensive as a team name.
here's a list of 20, how silly would like to get with this aka where do you draw the line?
http://ijr.com...

that's the whole problem with p.c. where do you draw the line and who draws it?

There is so much sarcasm on this site it is almost to much. Everyones a smart as*. Do you really have to exaggerate your point so much to argue it lol I mean your asking me why NATIVE AMERICANS are offended by it. Do you even know if I am Native Americans. I'm Black. I dont know. Does it matter. The name of the team is Red-skin.
It is a slur for Native Americans. That one is obvious.

You don't seem to have an answer either. Your just upset at the current level of peoples sensitivities and you want people to get over it. Thats not a line. I mean, I'm talking about 2 team names here. What if the line is drawn in favor of changing the team names? Are you still going to have the same attitude? I dont think so.

My personal opinion on all the other pc stuff you brought up. I dont care. I'm strong enough to not let other peoples words define me. But that is because of my experiences in life. For example; I dont care about the N word. My grand parents however, hate it. Shall not be uttered around them. You cant just say PC and lump all people who believe in it together into one big target. The term is too broad. And saying people are too PC just doesnt make sense to me. Of course, we are talking about million and millions of people. Thats life bro

ok so where do you draw the line, seems like a simple question right? That was the point is it gets ridiculous and who is the judge, king or authority that has the power to draw these lines? So let's say you are Native American and are offended, is your level of offense greater than someone else's?
what if I was Scandinavian, is there not enough of us that our offense doesn't matter, or is it because we are "white"? Minnesota Vikings: "I bet there are some Scandinavian football fans out there who don't appreciate being identified with men who raped, pillaged, and rarely bathed."
again simple question, draw me some lines, I won't ask you to color inside them ;)

I draw the line at the rights of the people affected. Wow, that was easier than I thought.

which ones the ones being offended or the one using what that person thinks is offensive?
lots of videos of people finding hats and shirts with MAGA on them offensive, let's say the football team changes their name, do people who own the clothing still have a right to wear them or would that be illegal?

Both. You've got a right to speech so long as it doesn't affect someone else's rights, like shouting fire in a crowded room. You've got a right to say you are offended. They have a right to say you are a pansy who doesn't understand what they are saying. That system works fine.
Df0512
Posts: 1,070
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 1:52:48 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/13/2016 12:47:30 AM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 12/12/2016 11:21:44 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 12/12/2016 3:56:54 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 12/12/2016 12:39:45 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 11/25/2016 3:55:29 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Are we going to far with this or what. We are going to rename the baseball and football teams because Washington Redskins or Cleveland Indians are no longer tolerated because they are racist names. We can't say Merry Christmas anymore you have to say Happy Holidays, ok so what about the Cheese Nip crackers are we going to rename them too because Nip is a derogatory name, what about Red Skin Potatoes, should they be renamed as well WTF!!!

Pretty soon it will be the Cleveland Caucasians and fuchsia skin potatoes, sorry fuchsia is too similar to another derogatory word we better be safe and call it salmon skin potatoes, and don't say OMG that's not tolerated anymore we have bigger issues to resolve like which bathroom will the transgenders use. What has this world turned to

I think the team names should go for obvious reasons. I don't know any native Americans who are okay with it. Everything else i agree with you on.

How about the giants? Have you seen the super tall people and the health problems they have, it's sad really. Is the name Cowboys offensive as well, I mean aside of a sucky team, does that offend Native Americans because of the cowboy and Indian movies? The military isn't p.c. Apache helicopter, tomahawk missiles. I find panthers offensive as a team name.
here's a list of 20, how silly would like to get with this aka where do you draw the line?
http://ijr.com...

that's the whole problem with p.c. where do you draw the line and who draws it?

There is so much sarcasm on this site it is almost to much. Everyones a smart as*. Do you really have to exaggerate your point so much to argue it lol I mean your asking me why NATIVE AMERICANS are offended by it. Do you even know if I am Native Americans. I'm Black. I dont know. Does it matter. The name of the team is Red-skin.
It is a slur for Native Americans. That one is obvious.

You don't seem to have an answer either. Your just upset at the current level of peoples sensitivities and you want people to get over it. Thats not a line. I mean, I'm talking about 2 team names here. What if the line is drawn in favor of changing the team names? Are you still going to have the same attitude? I dont think so.

My personal opinion on all the other pc stuff you brought up. I dont care. I'm strong enough to not let other peoples words define me. But that is because of my experiences in life. For example; I dont care about the N word. My grand parents however, hate it. Shall not be uttered around them. You cant just say PC and lump all people who believe in it together into one big target. The term is too broad. And saying people are too PC just doesnt make sense to me. Of course, we are talking about million and millions of people. Thats life bro

ok so where do you draw the line, seems like a simple question right? That was the point is it gets ridiculous and who is the judge, king or authority that has the power to draw these lines? So let's say you are Native American and are offended, is your level of offense greater than someone else's?
what if I was Scandinavian, is there not enough of us that our offense doesn't matter, or is it because we are "white"? Minnesota Vikings: "I bet there are some Scandinavian football fans out there who don't appreciate being identified with men who raped, pillaged, and rarely bathed."
again simple question, draw me some lines, I won't ask you to color inside them ;)

Viking is not a slur. It is a label. You are reaching with this one. But that isn't the point. Is it a simple question? Would you have to ask if it was? Don't you think there would already be a line if it as that simply. I mean , you just asked me to gauge who's level of offense is higher. How the hell can anyone do that. The fact that it even needs to be asked should tell you that the topic is more complicated then just getting over it.
Quadrunner
Posts: 4,452
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 1:53:12 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/12/2016 11:21:44 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 12/12/2016 3:56:54 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 12/12/2016 12:39:45 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 11/25/2016 3:55:29 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Are we going to far with this or what. We are going to rename the baseball and football teams because Washington Redskins or Cleveland Indians are no longer tolerated because they are racist names. We can't say Merry Christmas anymore you have to say Happy Holidays, ok so what about the Cheese Nip crackers are we going to rename them too because Nip is a derogatory name, what about Red Skin Potatoes, should they be renamed as well WTF!!!

Pretty soon it will be the Cleveland Caucasians and fuchsia skin potatoes, sorry fuchsia is too similar to another derogatory word we better be safe and call it salmon skin potatoes, and don't say OMG that's not tolerated anymore we have bigger issues to resolve like which bathroom will the transgenders use. What has this world turned to

I think the team names should go for obvious reasons. I don't know any native Americans who are okay with it. Everything else i agree with you on.

How about the giants? Have you seen the super tall people and the health problems they have, it's sad really. Is the name Cowboys offensive as well, I mean aside of a sucky team, does that offend Native Americans because of the cowboy and Indian movies? The military isn't p.c. Apache helicopter, tomahawk missiles. I find panthers offensive as a team name.
here's a list of 20, how silly would like to get with this aka where do you draw the line?
http://ijr.com...

that's the whole problem with p.c. where do you draw the line and who draws it?

There is so much sarcasm on this site it is almost to much. Everyones a smart as*. Do you really have to exaggerate your point so much to argue it lol I mean your asking me why NATIVE AMERICANS are offended by it. Do you even know if I am Native Americans. I'm Black. I dont know. Does it matter. The name of the team is Red-skin.
It is a slur for Native Americans. That one is obvious.

You don't seem to have an answer either. Your just upset at the current level of peoples sensitivities and you want people to get over it. Thats not a line. I mean, I'm talking about 2 team names here. What if the line is drawn in favor of changing the team names? Are you still going to have the same attitude? I dont think so.

My personal opinion on all the other pc stuff you brought up. I dont care. I'm strong enough to not let other peoples words define me. But that is because of my experiences in life. For example; I dont care about the N word. My grand parents however, hate it. Shall not be uttered around them. You cant just say PC and lump all people who believe in it together into one big target. The term is too broad. And saying people are too PC just doesnt make sense to me. Of course, we are talking about million and millions of people. Thats life bro

What is so offensive about red-skin? I wish my ancestors were represented by a football team. That'd be awesome!
kevin24018
Posts: 4,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 2:00:29 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/13/2016 1:50:59 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 12/13/2016 1:07:14 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 12/13/2016 1:08:25 AM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 12/13/2016 12:47:30 AM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 12/12/2016 11:21:44 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 12/12/2016 3:56:54 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 12/12/2016 12:39:45 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 11/25/2016 3:55:29 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Are we going to far with this or what. We are going to rename the baseball and football teams because Washington Redskins or Cleveland Indians are no longer tolerated because they are racist names. We can't say Merry Christmas anymore you have to say Happy Holidays, ok so what about the Cheese Nip crackers are we going to rename them too because Nip is a derogatory name, what about Red Skin Potatoes, should they be renamed as well WTF!!!

Pretty soon it will be the Cleveland Caucasians and fuchsia skin potatoes, sorry fuchsia is too similar to another derogatory word we better be safe and call it salmon skin potatoes, and don't say OMG that's not tolerated anymore we have bigger issues to resolve like which bathroom will the transgenders use. What has this world turned to

I think the team names should go for obvious reasons. I don't know any native Americans who are okay with it. Everything else i agree with you on.

How about the giants? Have you seen the super tall people and the health problems they have, it's sad really. Is the name Cowboys offensive as well, I mean aside of a sucky team, does that offend Native Americans because of the cowboy and Indian movies? The military isn't p.c. Apache helicopter, tomahawk missiles. I find panthers offensive as a team name.
here's a list of 20, how silly would like to get with this aka where do you draw the line?
http://ijr.com...

that's the whole problem with p.c. where do you draw the line and who draws it?

There is so much sarcasm on this site it is almost to much. Everyones a smart as*. Do you really have to exaggerate your point so much to argue it lol I mean your asking me why NATIVE AMERICANS are offended by it. Do you even know if I am Native Americans. I'm Black. I dont know. Does it matter. The name of the team is Red-skin.
It is a slur for Native Americans. That one is obvious.

You don't seem to have an answer either. Your just upset at the current level of peoples sensitivities and you want people to get over it. Thats not a line. I mean, I'm talking about 2 team names here. What if the line is drawn in favor of changing the team names? Are you still going to have the same attitude? I dont think so.

My personal opinion on all the other pc stuff you brought up. I dont care. I'm strong enough to not let other peoples words define me. But that is because of my experiences in life. For example; I dont care about the N word. My grand parents however, hate it. Shall not be uttered around them. You cant just say PC and lump all people who believe in it together into one big target. The term is too broad. And saying people are too PC just doesnt make sense to me. Of course, we are talking about million and millions of people. Thats life bro

ok so where do you draw the line, seems like a simple question right? That was the point is it gets ridiculous and who is the judge, king or authority that has the power to draw these lines? So let's say you are Native American and are offended, is your level of offense greater than someone else's?
what if I was Scandinavian, is there not enough of us that our offense doesn't matter, or is it because we are "white"? Minnesota Vikings: "I bet there are some Scandinavian football fans out there who don't appreciate being identified with men who raped, pillaged, and rarely bathed."
again simple question, draw me some lines, I won't ask you to color inside them ;)

I draw the line at the rights of the people affected. Wow, that was easier than I thought.

which ones the ones being offended or the one using what that person thinks is offensive?
lots of videos of people finding hats and shirts with MAGA on them offensive, let's say the football team changes their name, do people who own the clothing still have a right to wear them or would that be illegal?

Both. You've got a right to speech so long as it doesn't affect someone else's rights, like shouting fire in a crowded room. You've got a right to say you are offended. They have a right to say you are a pansy who doesn't understand what they are saying. That system works fine.

I agree, but I guess the problem as I see it, is their being offended negates your right, that's what they want anyway, now the term "hate speech" is being used more often (look at Canada) some schools are banning books because they contain the "N" word, it's a slippery slope, while it may not be "1984" just because the year is wrong doesn't mean it can't happen.
kevin24018
Posts: 4,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 2:14:39 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/13/2016 1:52:48 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 12/13/2016 12:47:30 AM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 12/12/2016 11:21:44 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 12/12/2016 3:56:54 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 12/12/2016 12:39:45 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 11/25/2016 3:55:29 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Are we going to far with this or what. We are going to rename the baseball and football teams because Washington Redskins or Cleveland Indians are no longer tolerated because they are racist names. We can't say Merry Christmas anymore you have to say Happy Holidays, ok so what about the Cheese Nip crackers are we going to rename them too because Nip is a derogatory name, what about Red Skin Potatoes, should they be renamed as well WTF!!!

Pretty soon it will be the Cleveland Caucasians and fuchsia skin potatoes, sorry fuchsia is too similar to another derogatory word we better be safe and call it salmon skin potatoes, and don't say OMG that's not tolerated anymore we have bigger issues to resolve like which bathroom will the transgenders use. What has this world turned to

I think the team names should go for obvious reasons. I don't know any native Americans who are okay with it. Everything else i agree with you on.

How about the giants? Have you seen the super tall people and the health problems they have, it's sad really. Is the name Cowboys offensive as well, I mean aside of a sucky team, does that offend Native Americans because of the cowboy and Indian movies? The military isn't p.c. Apache helicopter, tomahawk missiles. I find panthers offensive as a team name.
here's a list of 20, how silly would like to get with this aka where do you draw the line?
http://ijr.com...

that's the whole problem with p.c. where do you draw the line and who draws it?

There is so much sarcasm on this site it is almost to much. Everyones a smart as*. Do you really have to exaggerate your point so much to argue it lol I mean your asking me why NATIVE AMERICANS are offended by it. Do you even know if I am Native Americans. I'm Black. I dont know. Does it matter. The name of the team is Red-skin.
It is a slur for Native Americans. That one is obvious.

You don't seem to have an answer either. Your just upset at the current level of peoples sensitivities and you want people to get over it. Thats not a line. I mean, I'm talking about 2 team names here. What if the line is drawn in favor of changing the team names? Are you still going to have the same attitude? I dont think so.

My personal opinion on all the other pc stuff you brought up. I dont care. I'm strong enough to not let other peoples words define me. But that is because of my experiences in life. For example; I dont care about the N word. My grand parents however, hate it. Shall not be uttered around them. You cant just say PC and lump all people who believe in it together into one big target. The term is too broad. And saying people are too PC just doesnt make sense to me. Of course, we are talking about million and millions of people. Thats life bro

ok so where do you draw the line, seems like a simple question right? That was the point is it gets ridiculous and who is the judge, king or authority that has the power to draw these lines? So let's say you are Native American and are offended, is your level of offense greater than someone else's?
what if I was Scandinavian, is there not enough of us that our offense doesn't matter, or is it because we are "white"? Minnesota Vikings: "I bet there are some Scandinavian football fans out there who don't appreciate being identified with men who raped, pillaged, and rarely bathed."
again simple question, draw me some lines, I won't ask you to color inside them ;)

Viking is not a slur. It is a label. You are reaching with this one. But that isn't the point. Is it a simple question? Would you have to ask if it was? Don't you think there would already be a line if it as that simply. I mean , you just asked me to gauge who's level of offense is higher. How the hell can anyone do that. The fact that it even needs to be asked should tell you that the topic is more complicated then just getting over it.

and yet Redneck is used which is a slur, guess that one is ok since it's not in the news etc, they even allow it on the news w/o beeping it out.
So is Redskins a slur? that is the question, it appears the term was actually first used by the Native Americans them selves?
"1769: The first unchallenged use of the word "redskin" occurs when a British lieutenant colonel translates a letter from an Indian chief promising safe passage if the officer visited his tribe in the Upper Mississippi Valley.

"I shall be pleased to have you come to speak to me yourself if you pity our women and our children; and, if any redskins do you harm, I shall be able to look out for you even at the peril of my life," Chief Mosquito said in his letter, according to a 2005 study by Ives Goddard, the Smithsonian Institution"s senior linguist emeritus."
https://www.washingtonpost.com...
Df0512
Posts: 1,070
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 4:39:51 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/13/2016 1:53:12 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 12/12/2016 11:21:44 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 12/12/2016 3:56:54 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 12/12/2016 12:39:45 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 11/25/2016 3:55:29 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Are we going to far with this or what. We are going to rename the baseball and football teams because Washington Redskins or Cleveland Indians are no longer tolerated because they are racist names. We can't say Merry Christmas anymore you have to say Happy Holidays, ok so what about the Cheese Nip crackers are we going to rename them too because Nip is a derogatory name, what about Red Skin Potatoes, should they be renamed as well WTF!!!

Pretty soon it will be the Cleveland Caucasians and fuchsia skin potatoes, sorry fuchsia is too similar to another derogatory word we better be safe and call it salmon skin potatoes, and don't say OMG that's not tolerated anymore we have bigger issues to resolve like which bathroom will the transgenders use. What has this world turned to

I think the team names should go for obvious reasons. I don't know any native Americans who are okay with it. Everything else i agree with you on.

How about the giants? Have you seen the super tall people and the health problems they have, it's sad really. Is the name Cowboys offensive as well, I mean aside of a sucky team, does that offend Native Americans because of the cowboy and Indian movies? The military isn't p.c. Apache helicopter, tomahawk missiles. I find panthers offensive as a team name.
here's a list of 20, how silly would like to get with this aka where do you draw the line?
http://ijr.com...

that's the whole problem with p.c. where do you draw the line and who draws it?

There is so much sarcasm on this site it is almost to much. Everyones a smart as*. Do you really have to exaggerate your point so much to argue it lol I mean your asking me why NATIVE AMERICANS are offended by it. Do you even know if I am Native Americans. I'm Black. I dont know. Does it matter. The name of the team is Red-skin.
It is a slur for Native Americans. That one is obvious.

You don't seem to have an answer either. Your just upset at the current level of peoples sensitivities and you want people to get over it. Thats not a line. I mean, I'm talking about 2 team names here. What if the line is drawn in favor of changing the team names? Are you still going to have the same attitude? I dont think so.

My personal opinion on all the other pc stuff you brought up. I dont care. I'm strong enough to not let other peoples words define me. But that is because of my experiences in life. For example; I dont care about the N word. My grand parents however, hate it. Shall not be uttered around them. You cant just say PC and lump all people who believe in it together into one big target. The term is too broad. And saying people are too PC just doesnt make sense to me. Of course, we are talking about million and millions of people. Thats life bro

What is so offensive about red-skin? I wish my ancestors were represented by a football team. That'd be awesome!

A simple google search can easily answer that for you. You can't put them in your shoes, you have to put yourself in theirs.
Quadrunner
Posts: 4,452
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 4:42:53 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/13/2016 4:39:51 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 12/13/2016 1:53:12 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 12/12/2016 11:21:44 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 12/12/2016 3:56:54 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 12/12/2016 12:39:45 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 11/25/2016 3:55:29 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Are we going to far with this or what. We are going to rename the baseball and football teams because Washington Redskins or Cleveland Indians are no longer tolerated because they are racist names. We can't say Merry Christmas anymore you have to say Happy Holidays, ok so what about the Cheese Nip crackers are we going to rename them too because Nip is a derogatory name, what about Red Skin Potatoes, should they be renamed as well WTF!!!

Pretty soon it will be the Cleveland Caucasians and fuchsia skin potatoes, sorry fuchsia is too similar to another derogatory word we better be safe and call it salmon skin potatoes, and don't say OMG that's not tolerated anymore we have bigger issues to resolve like which bathroom will the transgenders use. What has this world turned to

I think the team names should go for obvious reasons. I don't know any native Americans who are okay with it. Everything else i agree with you on.

How about the giants? Have you seen the super tall people and the health problems they have, it's sad really. Is the name Cowboys offensive as well, I mean aside of a sucky team, does that offend Native Americans because of the cowboy and Indian movies? The military isn't p.c. Apache helicopter, tomahawk missiles. I find panthers offensive as a team name.
here's a list of 20, how silly would like to get with this aka where do you draw the line?
http://ijr.com...

that's the whole problem with p.c. where do you draw the line and who draws it?

There is so much sarcasm on this site it is almost to much. Everyones a smart as*. Do you really have to exaggerate your point so much to argue it lol I mean your asking me why NATIVE AMERICANS are offended by it. Do you even know if I am Native Americans. I'm Black. I dont know. Does it matter. The name of the team is Red-skin.
It is a slur for Native Americans. That one is obvious.

You don't seem to have an answer either. Your just upset at the current level of peoples sensitivities and you want people to get over it. Thats not a line. I mean, I'm talking about 2 team names here. What if the line is drawn in favor of changing the team names? Are you still going to have the same attitude? I dont think so.

My personal opinion on all the other pc stuff you brought up. I dont care. I'm strong enough to not let other peoples words define me. But that is because of my experiences in life. For example; I dont care about the N word. My grand parents however, hate it. Shall not be uttered around them. You cant just say PC and lump all people who believe in it together into one big target. The term is too broad. And saying people are too PC just doesnt make sense to me. Of course, we are talking about million and millions of people. Thats life bro

What is so offensive about red-skin? I wish my ancestors were represented by a football team. That'd be awesome!

A simple google search can easily answer that for you. You can't put them in your shoes, you have to put yourself in theirs.

I know I can't but why can't they put themselves in mine? I mean, the person making the statement is the person who knows what is being stated. Would it not be logical to assume they are the basis of what is being said, and therefore must be consulted before concluding whether you are actually offended, or jumped to conclusions?
Df0512
Posts: 1,070
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 4:58:44 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/13/2016 2:14:39 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 12/13/2016 1:52:48 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 12/13/2016 12:47:30 AM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 12/12/2016 11:21:44 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 12/12/2016 3:56:54 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 12/12/2016 12:39:45 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 11/25/2016 3:55:29 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Are we going to far with this or what. We are going to rename the baseball and football teams because Washington Redskins or Cleveland Indians are no longer tolerated because they are racist names. We can't say Merry Christmas anymore you have to say Happy Holidays, ok so what about the Cheese Nip crackers are we going to rename them too because Nip is a derogatory name, what about Red Skin Potatoes, should they be renamed as well WTF!!!

Pretty soon it will be the Cleveland Caucasians and fuchsia skin potatoes, sorry fuchsia is too similar to another derogatory word we better be safe and call it salmon skin potatoes, and don't say OMG that's not tolerated anymore we have bigger issues to resolve like which bathroom will the transgenders use. What has this world turned to

I think the team names should go for obvious reasons. I don't know any native Americans who are okay with it. Everything else i agree with you on.

How about the giants? Have you seen the super tall people and the health problems they have, it's sad really. Is the name Cowboys offensive as well, I mean aside of a sucky team, does that offend Native Americans because of the cowboy and Indian movies? The military isn't p.c. Apache helicopter, tomahawk missiles. I find panthers offensive as a team name.
here's a list of 20, how silly would like to get with this aka where do you draw the line?
http://ijr.com...

that's the whole problem with p.c. where do you draw the line and who draws it?

There is so much sarcasm on this site it is almost to much. Everyones a smart as*. Do you really have to exaggerate your point so much to argue it lol I mean your asking me why NATIVE AMERICANS are offended by it. Do you even know if I am Native Americans. I'm Black. I dont know. Does it matter. The name of the team is Red-skin.
It is a slur for Native Americans. That one is obvious.

You don't seem to have an answer either. Your just upset at the current level of peoples sensitivities and you want people to get over it. Thats not a line. I mean, I'm talking about 2 team names here. What if the line is drawn in favor of changing the team names? Are you still going to have the same attitude? I dont think so.

My personal opinion on all the other pc stuff you brought up. I dont care. I'm strong enough to not let other peoples words define me. But that is because of my experiences in life. For example; I dont care about the N word. My grand parents however, hate it. Shall not be uttered around them. You cant just say PC and lump all people who believe in it together into one big target. The term is too broad. And saying people are too PC just doesnt make sense to me. Of course, we are talking about million and millions of people. Thats life bro

ok so where do you draw the line, seems like a simple question right? That was the point is it gets ridiculous and who is the judge, king or authority that has the power to draw these lines? So let's say you are Native American and are offended, is your level of offense greater than someone else's?
what if I was Scandinavian, is there not enough of us that our offense doesn't matter, or is it because we are "white"? Minnesota Vikings: "I bet there are some Scandinavian football fans out there who don't appreciate being identified with men who raped, pillaged, and rarely bathed."
again simple question, draw me some lines, I won't ask you to color inside them ;)

Viking is not a slur. It is a label. You are reaching with this one. But that isn't the point. Is it a simple question? Would you have to ask if it was? Don't you think there would already be a line if it as that simply. I mean , you just asked me to gauge who's level of offense is higher. How the hell can anyone do that. The fact that it even needs to be asked should tell you that the topic is more complicated then just getting over it.

and yet Redneck is used which is a slur, guess that one is ok since it's not in the news etc, they even allow it on the news w/o beeping it out.

Who are you arguing with here? If you are actually asking me, yes Redneck is a slur. I dont control what people are offended by, so I couldnt answer why it doesnt get beeping out.

So is Redskins a slur? that is the question, it appears the term was actually first used by the Native Americans them selves?
"1769: The first unchallenged use of the word "redskin" occurs when a British lieutenant colonel translates a letter from an Indian chief promising safe passage if the officer visited his tribe in the Upper Mississippi Valley.

"I shall be pleased to have you come to speak to me yourself if you pity our women and our children; and, if any redskins do you harm, I shall be able to look out for you even at the peril of my life," Chief Mosquito said in his letter, according to a 2005 study by Ives Goddard, the Smithsonian Institution"s senior linguist emeritus."
https://www.washingtonpost.com...

Okay. Good info. It is still a slur though yes. The origins of the word dont have to play a part in how it is used and taken today. For example, the word retarded. Perfectly fine but vague and general word describing a mental disability. Until people started using it as an insult. Now its usually considered a slur.

Sounds like you are trying to set the conditions on how people can be offended.