Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

From a Liberal: Where Liberals Got it Wrong

matt8800
Posts: 2,495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2016 6:46:53 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
I definitely lean towards the liberal side but a backlash against liberalism is sweeping Western society and I am not surprised. Below are a couple areas I think they have it wrong. While some of these issues may not be critical, I think they are some examples that are indicative of how far many liberals are pushing ideas that are too out of touch with reality for much of society to accept.

1. Immigration

13% of all American Muslims feel that killing innocent non-Muslim civilians is sometimes, often or rarely justified. 35% of all British Muslims believe that killing someone for leaving Islam is justified.

The argument that not all Muslims are homicidal nuts is erroneous. If you knew that one of the summer camp counselors was a child molester but didn't know which one, would you send you child to that summer camp? While there are many Muslims that are good people, a percentage of them that is too large for comfort would kill you and all your loved ones if they could. As much of Europe is experiencing, if you let large amounts of Muslims into your country, it is inevitable that a percentage of them will want to kill you. Don't people have the right to live in a society where they feel safe?

2. Transgender bathrooms

If a man wants to put a dress on, that doesn't bother me in the least. Regarding liberals' argument for transgender bathrooms - shouldn't the comfort/discomfort of the women give them the right to have a voice without being called bigoted? I don't have much of an opinion about just bathrooms but I think expecting women to feel comfortable with a man dressed as a woman walking into a gym changing room when they are naked is unreasonable. Liberals can call them bigots for not wanting to show their naked bodies to unknown men wearing dresses but that is not going to make many of them feel comfortable with it.

3. Political correctness

PC has been pushed too far. I understand some sensitivities towards people but it has developed into a celebration of weakness. For example, do we really want to teach the future leaders of our world that a safe place to cry should be provided to everyone that experiences a "micro-aggression"?
Mr.Wonderful
Posts: 114
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2016 12:57:00 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
It's good to see people waking up... Liberalism is a joke... Ill break down its fail herer on the molecular level.

First to your points... honestly the LGTBQ community is looking for relevance because nobody cares anymore. The democrats are willing to sell them that relevance for votes. This group accounts for less than 1% of the population and frankly doesn't have a clearly defined agenda beyond being fruitcakes... take something normal and make it gay... that's about it. There is no need for a man to use the women's room or vice verse and obviously these people found a way to go to the bathroom before the TB legislation which is DOA.

Muslims are violent extremists by definition of their faith. 15-35% is a joke, it really depends how closely Muslims in a particular country are to adhere to the tenets of their true faith as outlined by Allah the Deceiver (Satan) and the Pedophile Mohammad. Basically, to live a righteous existence under Islam is to kill as many infidels and rape as many goats as possible before you reach your final destination... hell... and really the Qur'an guarantees you'll end up there, plus or minus 72 virgins based on the number of children you molested while you were alive and the direction you faced when you prayed- true Luciferians pray toward the east, toward the eastern star... this gets you bonus points which can be spent to acquire additional virgins and a free rug.

Black Lives Matter... but so does everyone else. The fact is when you have a fairly large portion of a minority population addicted to drugs and government money that is not productive in the least, the result is a lot of crime and low income housing in areas where said people reside. Blacks for the most part do the least amount to better their conditions out of any racial demographic because since the government provides for them they have no incentive to provide for themselves. It is systemic and endemic enslavement of a population by Liberal design to ensure the Democratic party doesn't go the way of the dinosaur which it will now anyways.

Illegal immigrants are here illegally... hence they should not be granted any rights under the U.S. Constitution and need to be treated like the invaders they are. They do not have social security numbers and therefore do not pay any income tax. They bing violence, crime, and drugs into the country and companies exploit their labor to avoid paying employees a living wage. Drug Cartels and Muslim terrorists are two good reasons to secure our southern border with lethal force.

Political Correctness is evil... let all doubt be removed. Its just about outlawing calling a turd a turd when it is in fact a turd with no redeeming qualities and overwhelming stench. PC dictates that we cant say "one nation under God" in the pledge of allegiance but its perfectly OK to strip off all your clothes... write "S L U T" across your chest in magic marker and walk naked down the street or five black man attacking a white man for voting Trump... perfectly OK because political correctness dictates that the man had it coming for being white... no media outlets would cover it. The funny part is the white guy didn't even get hurt that bad. I wish he would have fought back like the "Amberlamps" guy... that crap was hilarious.

Gun ownership is important... it protects freedom from people like Bath-house Barry Sotoreo and Hitlery Cunton... two of the saddest examples of bovine excrement to ever disgrace and dishonor our great nation with nefarious deeds ranging from the rape of staffers,to giving butt-buddies puppet jobs in state legislatures, to conspiring with known terrorists, to putting our nation's security at-risk by not protecting classified communications, to just your everyday acts of high treason like bowing before the president of China or kissing the feet of foreign oil sultans... and both Obama and Clinton both make it a point to stab this country in the back at least once a day.

Anyways, its hard to tell if liberals are die-hard traitors, invaders from foreign lands, or just mentally deficient and in need of re-education... well I guess we got at least four years to get to the bottom of it. The sad part is over 200,000 liberals promised to leave the country if Trump won and only 2,000 have kept their word.
Procrastine
Posts: 139
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2016 1:24:54 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 11/26/2016 6:46:53 PM, matt8800 wrote:
I definitely lean towards the liberal side but a backlash against liberalism is sweeping Western society and I am not surprised. Below are a couple areas I think they have it wrong. While some of these issues may not be critical, I think they are some examples that are indicative of how far many liberals are pushing ideas that are too out of touch with reality for much of society to accept.

1. Immigration

13% of all American Muslims feel that killing innocent non-Muslim civilians is sometimes, often or rarely justified. 35% of all British Muslims believe that killing someone for leaving Islam is justified.

The argument that not all Muslims are homicidal nuts is erroneous. If you knew that one of the summer camp counselors was a child molester but didn't know which one, would you send you child to that summer camp? While there are many Muslims that are good people, a percentage of them that is too large for comfort would kill you and all your loved ones if they could. As much of Europe is experiencing, if you let large amounts of Muslims into your country, it is inevitable that a percentage of them will want to kill you. Don't people have the right to live in a society where they feel safe?

Non-muslim Americans consistently give higher rates muslims on this question. The same is true for other countries. What, did you really imagine that 0% of non-muslims would endorse views like that - is that why you're using 0% as your baseline?

2. Transgender bathrooms

If a man wants to put a dress on, that doesn't bother me in the least. Regarding liberals' argument for transgender bathrooms - shouldn't the comfort/discomfort of the women give them the right to have a voice without being called bigoted? I don't have much of an opinion about just bathrooms but I think expecting women to feel comfortable with a man dressed as a woman walking into a gym changing room when they are naked is unreasonable. Liberals can call them bigots for not wanting to show their naked bodies to unknown men wearing dresses but that is not going to make many of them feel comfortable with it.

We've gone from a good faith system to a system that sounds like bathrooms are going to be policed, and there's going to be legislation about it. I don't want to be policed going into a bathroom.

3. Political correctness

PC has been pushed too far. I understand some sensitivities towards people but it has developed into a celebration of weakness. For example, do we really want to teach the future leaders of our world that a safe place to cry should be provided to everyone that experiences a "micro-aggression"?

I've never known anyone to put forward an idea like that. It sounds ridiculous, but also like strawmanning.

So I disagree with all your points here, but I agree with the bigger issue which is that liberals can come across as smug and out of touch. That seems true enough. What to do about it though?
AlyceTheElectrician
Posts: 233
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2016 4:56:56 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
First I would just like to state in the defense of "Liberalism",that it has been hijacked by left wing progressives aka socialist and communist, as originally liberals were once thought to be the champions of economic and personal freedom ,advocating for very limited centralized government power, much like libertarians we've come to know today. Therefore I will call it what it really is, leftist. I propose that true liberals stop allowing socialist and communist leftist to commit rhetorical atrocities in their name.

Unfortunately and honestly I observe that the growing disdain for "liberalism" as we know it today goes deeper than what is mentioned in the OP.

1. Leftist advocates intellectually dishonest rhetoric, ignoring facts and evidence that consistently refute their claims.
-BLM claims, fat acceptance, "hate speech" or "opposing speech" prohibition, third wave feminism claims, white privilege (or as I like to call it thought crime, unconscienced bias), Race/Gender identity politics, gun prohibition, just to name a few.

2. Leftist decrees delusional moral superiority over logic and reality for the implementation of inclusion or multiculturalism, constantly setting things up for failure just because it "feels" like the right thing to do.
-Illegal immigration is ILLEGAL, period. Deportation is the penalty.
-Embracing Wahhabi Islam is a terrible idea.
-Multiculturalism is just another term for "separate but equal" (not to be confused with a multi-ethnic society under a common culture which is what USA is striving to accomplish).

3. Leftists are the epitome of hypocrisy and Orwellian logic; crying for human rights while sympathizing with communist Cuba and Wahhabi Islamism who are currently unapologetic violators of basic human rights, women's rights, and LGBTQ rights. But in the comfort of their western way of life, they loathe the majority white population for atrocities that their ancestors committed in the past, who currently work diligently to make amends for their ancestor's past transgressions.

PLUS the coddling and infantilization of minority groups within a multi ethnic society like USA, while calling the political right racist for wanting actual equality, and calling for the destruction of racial fore-fronted policies, liberals perpetuate the most racist policies of exclusion like affirmative action, and ideals that closely resemble "separate but equal" Jim Crow laws like "Blacks only" safe spaces" at university.

AND, the left constantly marginalizes serious issues with baseless claims of racism, rape, sexual harassment, sexism, and mental health aka micro aggression.

4. Leftist celebrates mediocrity and everybody gets a trophy, even if they didn't earn it.

There is more but that's all I got for now so...
Be who you are, Say what you feel, Because those who mind don"t matter, And those who matter don't mind.

BANGTAN! Blood, Sweat, & Tears> Check it out yes! https://www.youtube.com...
Hiu
Posts: 1,609
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2016 2:27:09 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 11/26/2016 6:46:53 PM, matt8800 wrote:
I definitely lean towards the liberal side but a backlash against liberalism is sweeping Western society and I am not surprised. Below are a couple areas I think they have it wrong. While some of these issues may not be critical, I think they are some examples that are indicative of how far many liberals are pushing ideas that are too out of touch with reality for much of society to accept.

1. Immigration

13% of all American Muslims feel that killing innocent non-Muslim civilians is sometimes, often or rarely justified. 35% of all British Muslims believe that killing someone for leaving Islam is justified.

The argument that not all Muslims are homicidal nuts is erroneous. If you knew that one of the summer camp counselors was a child molester but didn't know which one, would you send you child to that summer camp? While there are many Muslims that are good people, a percentage of them that is too large for comfort would kill you and all your loved ones if they could. As much of Europe is experiencing, if you let large amounts of Muslims into your country, it is inevitable that a percentage of them will want to kill you. Don't people have the right to live in a society where they feel safe?

2. Transgender bathrooms

If a man wants to put a dress on, that doesn't bother me in the least. Regarding liberals' argument for transgender bathrooms - shouldn't the comfort/discomfort of the women give them the right to have a voice without being called bigoted? I don't have much of an opinion about just bathrooms but I think expecting women to feel comfortable with a man dressed as a woman walking into a gym changing room when they are naked is unreasonable. Liberals can call them bigots for not wanting to show their naked bodies to unknown men wearing dresses but that is not going to make many of them feel comfortable with it.

3. Political correctness

PC has been pushed too far. I understand some sensitivities towards people but it has developed into a celebration of weakness. For example, do we really want to teach the future leaders of our world that a safe place to cry should be provided to everyone that experiences a "micro-aggression"?

I read your entire post and as much I want to address each and every point, I kinda think you need to think your political lean because most certainly you do not speak for this progressive liberal.
Quadrunner
Posts: 3,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2016 3:13:11 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 12/6/2016 2:27:09 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 11/26/2016 6:46:53 PM, matt8800 wrote:
I definitely lean towards the liberal side but a backlash against liberalism is sweeping Western society and I am not surprised. Below are a couple areas I think they have it wrong. While some of these issues may not be critical, I think they are some examples that are indicative of how far many liberals are pushing ideas that are too out of touch with reality for much of society to accept.

1. Immigration

13% of all American Muslims feel that killing innocent non-Muslim civilians is sometimes, often or rarely justified. 35% of all British Muslims believe that killing someone for leaving Islam is justified.

The argument that not all Muslims are homicidal nuts is erroneous. If you knew that one of the summer camp counselors was a child molester but didn't know which one, would you send you child to that summer camp? While there are many Muslims that are good people, a percentage of them that is too large for comfort would kill you and all your loved ones if they could. As much of Europe is experiencing, if you let large amounts of Muslims into your country, it is inevitable that a percentage of them will want to kill you. Don't people have the right to live in a society where they feel safe?

2. Transgender bathrooms

If a man wants to put a dress on, that doesn't bother me in the least. Regarding liberals' argument for transgender bathrooms - shouldn't the comfort/discomfort of the women give them the right to have a voice without being called bigoted? I don't have much of an opinion about just bathrooms but I think expecting women to feel comfortable with a man dressed as a woman walking into a gym changing room when they are naked is unreasonable. Liberals can call them bigots for not wanting to show their naked bodies to unknown men wearing dresses but that is not going to make many of them feel comfortable with it.

3. Political correctness

PC has been pushed too far. I understand some sensitivities towards people but it has developed into a celebration of weakness. For example, do we really want to teach the future leaders of our world that a safe place to cry should be provided to everyone that experiences a "micro-aggression"?

I read your entire post and as much I want to address each and every point, I kinda think you need to think your political lean because most certainly you do not speak for this progressive liberal.

You mean as in that stuff isn't wrong or what? The bathroom thing isn't even liberal. Is that what you meant?
Hiu
Posts: 1,609
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2016 10:15:53 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 12/4/2016 12:57:00 AM, Mr.Wonderful wrote:
It's good to see people waking up... Liberalism is a joke... Ill break down its fail herer on the molecular level.

First to your points... honestly the LGTBQ community is looking for relevance because nobody cares anymore. The democrats are willing to sell them that relevance for votes. This group accounts for less than 1% of the population and frankly doesn't have a clearly defined agenda beyond being fruitcakes... take something normal and make it gay... that's about it. There is no need for a man to use the women's room or vice verse and obviously these people found a way to go to the bathroom before the TB legislation which is DOA.

Muslims are violent extremists by definition of their faith. 15-35% is a joke, it really depends how closely Muslims in a particular country are to adhere to the tenets of their true faith as outlined by Allah the Deceiver (Satan) and the Pedophile Mohammad. Basically, to live a righteous existence under Islam is to kill as many infidels and rape as many goats as possible before you reach your final destination... hell... and really the Qur'an guarantees you'll end up there, plus or minus 72 virgins based on the number of children you molested while you were alive and the direction you faced when you prayed- true Luciferians pray toward the east, toward the eastern star... this gets you bonus points which can be spent to acquire additional virgins and a free rug.

Black Lives Matter... but so does everyone else. The fact is when you have a fairly large portion of a minority population addicted to drugs and government money that is not productive in the least, the result is a lot of crime and low income housing in areas where said people reside. Blacks for the most part do the least amount to better their conditions out of any racial demographic because since the government provides for them they have no incentive to provide for themselves. It is systemic and endemic enslavement of a population by Liberal design to ensure the Democratic party doesn't go the way of the dinosaur which it will now anyways.

Illegal immigrants are here illegally... hence they should not be granted any rights under the U.S. Constitution and need to be treated like the invaders they are. They do not have social security numbers and therefore do not pay any income tax. They bing violence, crime, and drugs into the country and companies exploit their labor to avoid paying employees a living wage. Drug Cartels and Muslim terrorists are two good reasons to secure our southern border with lethal force.

Political Correctness is evil... let all doubt be removed. Its just about outlawing calling a turd a turd when it is in fact a turd with no redeeming qualities and overwhelming stench. PC dictates that we cant say "one nation under God" in the pledge of allegiance but its perfectly OK to strip off all your clothes... write "S L U T" across your chest in magic marker and walk naked down the street or five black man attacking a white man for voting Trump... perfectly OK because political correctness dictates that the man had it coming for being white... no media outlets would cover it. The funny part is the white guy didn't even get hurt that bad. I wish he would have fought back like the "Amberlamps" guy... that crap was hilarious.

Gun ownership is important... it protects freedom from people like Bath-house Barry Sotoreo and Hitlery Cunton... two of the saddest examples of bovine excrement to ever disgrace and dishonor our great nation with nefarious deeds ranging from the rape of staffers,to giving butt-buddies puppet jobs in state legislatures, to conspiring with known terrorists, to putting our nation's security at-risk by not protecting classified communications, to just your everyday acts of high treason like bowing before the president of China or kissing the feet of foreign oil sultans... and both Obama and Clinton both make it a point to stab this country in the back at least once a day.

Anyways, its hard to tell if liberals are die-hard traitors, invaders from foreign lands, or just mentally deficient and in need of re-education... well I guess we got at least four years to get to the bottom of it. The sad part is over 200,000 liberals promised to leave the country if Trump won and only 2,000 have kept their word.



The most idiotic line:

"Black Lives Matter... but so does everyone else. The fact is when you have a fairly large portion of a minority population addicted to drugs and government money that is not productive in the least, the result is a lot of crime and low income housing in areas where said people reside."
slo1
Posts: 5,097
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2016 1:56:21 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 11/26/2016 6:46:53 PM, matt8800 wrote:
I definitely lean towards the liberal side but a backlash against liberalism is sweeping Western society and I am not surprised. Below are a couple areas I think they have it wrong. While some of these issues may not be critical, I think they are some examples that are indicative of how far many liberals are pushing ideas that are too out of touch with reality for much of society to accept.

1. Immigration

13% of all American Muslims feel that killing innocent non-Muslim civilians is sometimes, often or rarely justified. 35% of all British Muslims believe that killing someone for leaving Islam is justified.

The argument that not all Muslims are homicidal nuts is erroneous. If you knew that one of the summer camp counselors was a child molester but didn't know which one, would you send you child to that summer camp? While there are many Muslims that are good people, a percentage of them that is too large for comfort would kill you and all your loved ones if they could. As much of Europe is experiencing, if you let large amounts of Muslims into your country, it is inevitable that a percentage of them will want to kill you. Don't people have the right to live in a society where they feel safe?

No, if people do not have a right to live in a society where they feel safe. Consider that context in the case if guns. Some feel safer with them and some feel safer without them. How could you possibly reconcile between the two groups so everyone "feels" safer.

Secondly if you were to poll americans a majority believe abortion is OK in case if rape or incest. A majority believe that death of innocents are OK in the case of National security. We as a society make decisions that kill innocent people every day.

Granted, death as a punishment for leaving a religion is very unamerican but we should be very happy that most Muslims don't believe in that litteral passage in the Koran. It is time to stop vilifining all Muslims and start throwing out support for moderate who are promoting a true peaceful version of Islam.

2. Transgender bathrooms

If a man wants to put a dress on, that doesn't bother me in the least. Regarding liberals' argument for transgender bathrooms - shouldn't the comfort/discomfort of the women give them the right to have a voice without being called bigoted? I don't have much of an opinion about just bathrooms but I think expecting women to feel comfortable with a man dressed as a woman walking into a gym changing room when they are naked is unreasonable. Liberals can call them bigots for not wanting to show their naked bodies to unknown men wearing dresses but that is not going to make many of them feel comfortable with it.

Just calling a transgender female as a male in a dress shoes you are not of a liberal mindset. Who are you to give preference of uncomfortableness to girls born as girls versus a boy who mentally identifies as a girl?

3. Political correctness

PC has been pushed too far. I understand some sensitivities towards people but it has developed into a celebration of weakness. For example, do we really want to teach the future leaders of our world that a safe place to cry should be provided to everyone that experiences a "micro-aggression"?
breaxxbaxx
Posts: 44
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2016 9:09:50 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 11/26/2016 6:46:53 PM, matt8800 wrote:
I definitely lean towards the liberal side but a backlash against liberalism is sweeping Western society and I am not surprised. Below are a couple areas I think they have it wrong. While some of these issues may not be critical, I think they are some examples that are indicative of how far many liberals are pushing ideas that are too out of touch with reality for much of society to accept.


Constructive criticism, wonderful.

1. Immigration

13% of all American Muslims feel that killing innocent non-Muslim civilians is sometimes, often or rarely justified. 35% of all British Muslims believe that killing someone for leaving Islam is justified.


You best cite that source, my friend.

The argument that not all Muslims are homicidal nuts is erroneous. If you knew that one of the summer camp counselors was a child molester but didn't know which one, would you send you child to that summer camp? While there are many Muslims that are good people, a percentage of them that is too large for comfort would kill you and all your loved ones if they could. As much of Europe is experiencing, if you let large amounts of Muslims into your country, it is inevitable that a percentage of them will want to kill you. Don't people have the right to live in a society where they feel safe?


As a woman, a certain percentage of the male population in this country wants to rape me. But, the likelihood is small enough where I don't think it would be rational to ban them from the country.

Same goes for Muslims.

2. Transgender bathrooms

If a man wants to put a dress on, that doesn't bother me in the least. Regarding liberals' argument for transgender bathrooms - shouldn't the comfort/discomfort of the women give them the right to have a voice without being called bigoted? I don't have much of an opinion about just bathrooms but I think expecting women to feel comfortable with a man dressed as a woman walking into a gym changing room when they are naked is unreasonable. Liberals can call them bigots for not wanting to show their naked bodies to unknown men wearing dresses but that is not going to make many of them feel comfortable with it.


You need to do some more research on this one. I'll just leave it at that for now.

3. Political correctness

PC has been pushed too far. I understand some sensitivities towards people but it has developed into a celebration of weakness. For example, do we really want to teach the future leaders of our world that a safe place to cry should be provided to everyone that experiences a "micro-aggression"?

I don't think it's been pushed as far as ya think if your argument on transgender bathrooms is any indication.
inferno
Posts: 11,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 6:21:09 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 11/26/2016 6:46:53 PM, matt8800 wrote:
I definitely lean towards the liberal side but a backlash against liberalism is sweeping Western society and I am not surprised. Below are a couple areas I think they have it wrong. While some of these issues may not be critical, I think they are some examples that are indicative of how far many liberals are pushing ideas that are too out of touch with reality for much of society to accept.

1. Immigration

13% of all American Muslims feel that killing innocent non-Muslim civilians is sometimes, often or rarely justified. 35% of all British Muslims believe that killing someone for leaving Islam is justified.

The argument that not all Muslims are homicidal nuts is erroneous. If you knew that one of the summer camp counselors was a child molester but didn't know which one, would you send you child to that summer camp? While there are many Muslims that are good people, a percentage of them that is too large for comfort would kill you and all your loved ones if they could. As much of Europe is experiencing, if you let large amounts of Muslims into your country, it is inevitable that a percentage of them will want to kill you. Don't people have the right to live in a society where they feel safe?

2. Transgender bathrooms

If a man wants to put a dress on, that doesn't bother me in the least. Regarding liberals' argument for transgender bathrooms - shouldn't the comfort/discomfort of the women give them the right to have a voice without being called bigoted? I don't have much of an opinion about just bathrooms but I think expecting women to feel comfortable with a man dressed as a woman walking into a gym changing room when they are naked is unreasonable. Liberals can call them bigots for not wanting to show their naked bodies to unknown men wearing dresses but that is not going to make many of them feel comfortable with it.

3. Political correctness

PC has been pushed too far. I understand some sensitivities towards people but it has developed into a celebration of weakness. For example, do we really want to teach the future leaders of our world that a safe place to cry should be provided to everyone that experiences a "micro-aggression"?

No it isn't. I think much of what you say here is opinion based, and non factual.
Simply because you are unware of the fact that election trends happen in cycles.
Sure. we said the GOP was dead when Obama won his second term.
And in 2020 people will be begging the Liberals to take control again.
You shall see.
tkd1404
Posts: 2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2016 12:49:12 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Liberals have made many mistakes.
1) Not recognising that uncontrolled immigration is completely unsustainable and is causing western countries to have to divide their money bewtwwen more people, so even though our countries are getting richer,, people are getting poorer.
2) Multiculturalism and Globalisation has been imposed on communities by liberal politicians without the people's consent. There has been a large influx of people with foreign religions e.g Islam and Hinduism into the west, these people wear different clothes, and have beliefs that make them against western values such as gender equality and freedom. This has transformed western countries in a way that there is a loss of cultural identity and people don't feel at home anymore, in the way they did before the immigrants came.
Globalisation, climate regulations and free trade that liberals are responsible for has caused a decline in the industry, once thriving communities have now been devastated due to mass job losses.
Overall, the thriving communities that people grew up in in the 1960's/70's have been transformed by liberal politicians into areas of deprivation, poverty and no cultural identity without any consent from the people.
3) Liberal western leaders have failed to come up with solutions to the 2008 financial crisis. I can't believe that in 2016 we are still living under austerity measures caused by this crash due to bad economic policies of left wing governments.
4) The liberals are doing nothing to generate equality. The liberals have allowed greedy businessman and bankers to become extremely rich and avoid taxes whilst ordinary people are becoming poorer. This has caused a huge amount of anger towards the elite establishment which has lead to the success of anti-establishment political movements in multiple western countries.
5) They are far too soft on terrorists. There has been a sharp increase in Islamic terrorism in recent years and liberals have no solutions as to how we can make our countries safer without jeopardising their dream of a multicultural society where muslims and whites can live in harmony. Liberals must accept that quotes directly from the Quran are causing the radicalisation of terrorists who are prepared to take their own life for the sake of murdering hundreds of innocent people.
6) PC has gone mad. Liberals have the impression that we must not say anything that can have even the remotest chance of offending someone. Why should people be forced to believe something that they don't necessarily agree with. Shouldn't we be allowed to express our views whatever they are.
7) They are hypocritical, liberals are supposed to believe in democracy. But in the UK the liberal democrat party are doing whatever's possible to overturn or delay brexit, even though the British people democratically voted for it. And the democrats can't accept the US election result (to be fair they did win the popular vote) but you can't agree to the rules of an election before it and then try to overturn it because you don't like the result.

I can't see a liberal minded government being elected again until liberal minded politicians address the issues I have mentioned.
Philocat
Posts: 779
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2016 2:20:01 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 12/7/2016 1:56:21 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 11/26/2016 6:46:53 PM, matt8800 wrote:
2. Transgender bathrooms

If a man wants to put a dress on, that doesn't bother me in the least. Regarding liberals' argument for transgender bathrooms - shouldn't the comfort/discomfort of the women give them the right to have a voice without being called bigoted? I don't have much of an opinion about just bathrooms but I think expecting women to feel comfortable with a man dressed as a woman walking into a gym changing room when they are naked is unreasonable. Liberals can call them bigots for not wanting to show their naked bodies to unknown men wearing dresses but that is not going to make many of them feel comfortable with it.

Just calling a transgender female as a male in a dress shoes you are not of a liberal mindset. Who are you to give preference of uncomfortableness to girls born as girls versus a boy who mentally identifies as a girl?

Perhaps because there are far more of the former than there are of the latter? Just coming from a utilitarian angle.
Archaholic
Posts: 1,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2016 3:22:40 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
IMHO, I think you are confusing terms. What you all mentioned is not considered liberal thoughts but progressivism, which is part of liberalism, but it's a seperated movement from the classical liberalism. It is like a branch, or probably a complement. So, you can still be liberal or lean toward it without fear after all.

And I agree with you all, this crap has taken over the western society, and it is doing more harm than good.

BR
Quadrunner
Posts: 3,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2016 9:00:24 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 11/26/2016 6:46:53 PM, matt8800 wrote:
I definitely lean towards the liberal side but a backlash against liberalism is sweeping Western society and I am not surprised. Below are a couple areas I think they have it wrong. While some of these issues may not be critical, I think they are some examples that are indicative of how far many liberals are pushing ideas that are too out of touch with reality for much of society to accept.

1. Immigration

13% of all American Muslims feel that killing innocent non-Muslim civilians is sometimes, often or rarely justified. 35% of all British Muslims believe that killing someone for leaving Islam is justified.

The argument that not all Muslims are homicidal nuts is erroneous. If you knew that one of the summer camp counselors was a child molester but didn't know which one, would you send you child to that summer camp? While there are many Muslims that are good people, a percentage of them that is too large for comfort would kill you and all your loved ones if they could. As much of Europe is experiencing, if you let large amounts of Muslims into your country, it is inevitable that a percentage of them will want to kill you. Don't people have the right to live in a society where they feel safe?

2. Transgender bathrooms

If a man wants to put a dress on, that doesn't bother me in the least. Regarding liberals' argument for transgender bathrooms - shouldn't the comfort/discomfort of the women give them the right to have a voice without being called bigoted? I don't have much of an opinion about just bathrooms but I think expecting women to feel comfortable with a man dressed as a woman walking into a gym changing room when they are naked is unreasonable. Liberals can call them bigots for not wanting to show their naked bodies to unknown men wearing dresses but that is not going to make many of them feel comfortable with it.

3. Political correctness

PC has been pushed too far. I understand some sensitivities towards people but it has developed into a celebration of weakness. For example, do we really want to teach the future leaders of our world that a safe place to cry should be provided to everyone that experiences a "micro-aggression"?

The problem with 'liberals' is that they think they are liberals
Danielle
Posts: 23,959
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2016 8:52:31 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 11/26/2016 6:46:53 PM, matt8800 wrote:
The argument that not all Muslims are homicidal nuts is erroneous.

No. Erroneous means incorrect. That is a totally correct statement.
What percentage of Muslims do you believe are homicidal nuts?
Religious freedom is a constitutional right.
Punishing billions of people based on having a shared religion with terrorists is unjustified.
We also don't seem to apply that standard to other groups.

Regarding liberals' argument for transgender bathrooms - shouldn't the comfort/discomfort of the women give them the right to have a voice without being called bigoted?

No. Rights exist regardless of people's comfort level. If you are uncomfortable with biracial relationships, I still have the right to marry outside of my race. If you are uncomfortable with homosexuals, gay people still have the right to use the urinal right next to you. If people are uncomfortable with trans persons, they will just have to get over it and stop whining UNLESS that trans person violates their rights. But people don't have the right to be comfortable.

While I do believe private businesses have the right to discriminate, I don't think public agencies do. Also this conservative fear is pretty stupid. You shouldn't know the genitals of others in the bathroom. Furthermore, when trans people use the bathroom according to their genitals (and not their lifestyle) it might be totally alarming given their outward appearance.

This person would have to use the women's room: http://www.out.com...

Would a woman be comfortable seeing that person ^ in the women's room? This goes back to why people's comfort is pretty irrelevant in terms of rights and sometimes righteousness.