Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

Are we a society of haters??

FanboyMctroll
Posts: 168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 4:22:26 PM
Posted: 4 days ago
Every time I read the comments section to any article, all there is hate. People will say it's all trolls but they can't all be trolls, why is there so much negativity and hate in our society today? Why do I rarely see a positive acknowledgement to a post or a positive feedback, it's always "well you suck and you are wrong and your points aren't valid."

It's like the 65 year old trying to make a serious or valid point and the 12 year old bashing him and calling him gay, it's just constant hate about everything, ie, Muslims, LBGTQ community, race relations, everything is just crap according to the comments. And it's not just the Internet, tv shows full of hate and violence i.e Walking Dead,

Are we just haters now? There is no encouragement to anyone anymore no shout out "You are great or good job, it's just YOU SUCK!!
kevin24018
Posts: 1,804
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 7:30:12 PM
Posted: 4 days ago
At 11/30/2016 4:22:26 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Every time I read the comments section to any article, all there is hate. People will say it's all trolls but they can't all be trolls, why is there so much negativity and hate in our society today? Why do I rarely see a positive acknowledgement to a post or a positive feedback, it's always "well you suck and you are wrong and your points aren't valid."

It's like the 65 year old trying to make a serious or valid point and the 12 year old bashing him and calling him gay, it's just constant hate about everything, ie, Muslims, LBGTQ community, race relations, everything is just crap according to the comments. And it's not just the Internet, tv shows full of hate and violence i.e Walking Dead,

Are we just haters now? There is no encouragement to anyone anymore no shout out "You are great or good job, it's just YOU SUCK!!

it the only thing they have left when facts and logic aren't on your side (paraphrasing Ben Shapiro) This is the classic tactic of the liberal/leftist not much substance mostly emotion. And now a few are trying to point the finger attempting (rather poorly) to say the conservatives do the same thing, and probably a few do, but it's not the norm by any means.
keithprosser
Posts: 1,951
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 7:46:09 PM
Posted: 4 days ago
At 11/30/2016 7:30:12 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
it the only thing they have left when facts and logic aren't on your side (paraphrasing Ben Shapiro) This is the classic tactic of the liberal/leftist not much substance mostly emotion. And now a few are trying to point the finger attempting (rather poorly) to say the conservatives do the same thing, and probably a few do, but it's not the norm by any means.

The above post is a prime example of what the OP is complaining about... someone taking the opportunity to take a cheap shot at whoever it is they don't like rather than addressing the point.

I disagree with the OP only in that I think comments made on the intrnet are not representative of humanity as a whole. I never post comments and most people I know never post comments. Why would a sensible person post a comment anyway? Hardly anybody reads them, and it would soon get lost under a welter of badly spelled and ungrammatical rants.

I wonder what internet trolls used to do before there was the internet.
Jonbonbon
Posts: 2,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 8:05:43 PM
Posted: 4 days ago
At 11/30/2016 4:22:26 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Every time I read the comments section to any article, all there is hate. People will say it's all trolls but they can't all be trolls, why is there so much negativity and hate in our society today? Why do I rarely see a positive acknowledgement to a post or a positive feedback, it's always "well you suck and you are wrong and your points aren't valid."

It's like the 65 year old trying to make a serious or valid point and the 12 year old bashing him and calling him gay, it's just constant hate about everything, ie, Muslims, LBGTQ community, race relations, everything is just crap according to the comments. And it's not just the Internet, tv shows full of hate and violence i.e Walking Dead,

Are we just haters now? There is no encouragement to anyone anymore no shout out "You are great or good job, it's just YOU SUCK!!

Because people get more passionate over things they disagree with than over things they agree with. It's a survival instinct. Society isn't necessarily full of hate, it's just that the human mind inevitably becomes more vocal when something is wrong because the human mind attempts to fix things or get rid of something it finds disagreeable. It doesn't matter whether the hateful comments are helpful or not, it's just the way the human mind works.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9
kevin24018
Posts: 1,804
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 8:08:08 PM
Posted: 4 days ago
At 11/30/2016 7:46:09 PM, keithprosser wrote:
At 11/30/2016 7:30:12 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
it the only thing they have left when facts and logic aren't on your side (paraphrasing Ben Shapiro) This is the classic tactic of the liberal/leftist not much substance mostly emotion. And now a few are trying to point the finger attempting (rather poorly) to say the conservatives do the same thing, and probably a few do, but it's not the norm by any means.

The above post is a prime example of what the OP is complaining about... someone taking the opportunity to take a cheap shot at whoever it is they don't like rather than addressing the point.

I disagree with the OP only in that I think comments made on the intrnet are not representative of humanity as a whole. I never post comments and most people I know never post comments. Why would a sensible person post a comment anyway? Hardly anybody reads them, and it would soon get lost under a welter of badly spelled and ungrammatical rants.

I wonder what internet trolls used to do before there was the internet.

how is it a cheap shot? that is my opinion and my experience and I have a right to express them, after all the 1st only protects hate and people things don't like, nothing else needs protecting right? also couldn't help but notice you didn't disagree with me either.
Quadrunner
Posts: 1,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 10:43:51 PM
Posted: 4 days ago
At 11/30/2016 4:22:26 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Every time I read the comments section to any article, all there is hate. People will say it's all trolls but they can't all be trolls, why is there so much negativity and hate in our society today? Why do I rarely see a positive acknowledgement to a post or a positive feedback, it's always "well you suck and you are wrong and your points aren't valid."

It's like the 65 year old trying to make a serious or valid point and the 12 year old bashing him and calling him gay, it's just constant hate about everything, ie, Muslims, LBGTQ community, race relations, everything is just crap according to the comments. And it's not just the Internet, tv shows full of hate and violence i.e Walking Dead,

Are we just haters now? There is no encouragement to anyone anymore no shout out "You are great or good job, it's just YOU SUCK!!

Everyone picks a side these days and some people get nasty. I've not experienced your universal negativity. I'm sorry to hear about that. Perhaps the name McTroll has something to do with it?
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Quadrunner
Posts: 1,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 10:58:28 PM
Posted: 4 days ago
At 11/30/2016 8:08:08 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 11/30/2016 7:46:09 PM, keithprosser wrote:
At 11/30/2016 7:30:12 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
it the only thing they have left when facts and logic aren't on your side (paraphrasing Ben Shapiro) This is the classic tactic of the liberal/leftist not much substance mostly emotion. And now a few are trying to point the finger attempting (rather poorly) to say the conservatives do the same thing, and probably a few do, but it's not the norm by any means.

The above post is a prime example of what the OP is complaining about... someone taking the opportunity to take a cheap shot at whoever it is they don't like rather than addressing the point.

I disagree with the OP only in that I think comments made on the intrnet are not representative of humanity as a whole. I never post comments and most people I know never post comments. Why would a sensible person post a comment anyway? Hardly anybody reads them, and it would soon get lost under a welter of badly spelled and ungrammatical rants.

I wonder what internet trolls used to do before there was the internet.

how is it a cheap shot? that is my opinion and my experience and I have a right to express them, after all the 1st only protects hate and people things don't like, nothing else needs protecting right? also couldn't help but notice you didn't disagree with me either.

That was personally my biggest issue with Ben Shapiro, next to his pro-life argument for abortion. He's got a great con side though. I don't like how he labels the imaginary left and then tells us we can't make up imaginary racial theories and need to address real ones. I mean, I mostly agree with him, which is nice, yet he shows that contradiction in how he presents himself. Someone is going to own him on that someday if he doesn't change. The day he finds a logical lefty.....Politics may be extreme right now, but its not universally how he defines the left. Its akin to racism, for his gain. There is no leftist enemy or whatever he speaks of. Its just a bunch of different people shoved into a label, some of which are overly emotional and petty.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
kevin24018
Posts: 1,804
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 11:26:19 PM
Posted: 4 days ago
At 11/30/2016 10:58:28 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 11/30/2016 8:08:08 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 11/30/2016 7:46:09 PM, keithprosser wrote:
At 11/30/2016 7:30:12 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
it the only thing they have left when facts and logic aren't on your side (paraphrasing Ben Shapiro) This is the classic tactic of the liberal/leftist not much substance mostly emotion. And now a few are trying to point the finger attempting (rather poorly) to say the conservatives do the same thing, and probably a few do, but it's not the norm by any means.

The above post is a prime example of what the OP is complaining about... someone taking the opportunity to take a cheap shot at whoever it is they don't like rather than addressing the point.

I disagree with the OP only in that I think comments made on the intrnet are not representative of humanity as a whole. I never post comments and most people I know never post comments. Why would a sensible person post a comment anyway? Hardly anybody reads them, and it would soon get lost under a welter of badly spelled and ungrammatical rants.

I wonder what internet trolls used to do before there was the internet.

how is it a cheap shot? that is my opinion and my experience and I have a right to express them, after all the 1st only protects hate and people things don't like, nothing else needs protecting right? also couldn't help but notice you didn't disagree with me either.

That was personally my biggest issue with Ben Shapiro, next to his pro-life argument for abortion. He's got a great con side though. I don't like how he labels the imaginary left and then tells us we can't make up imaginary racial theories and need to address real ones. I mean, I mostly agree with him, which is nice, yet he shows that contradiction in how he presents himself. Someone is going to own him on that someday if he doesn't change. The day he finds a logical lefty.....Politics may be extreme right now, but its not universally how he defines the left. Its akin to racism, for his gain. There is no leftist enemy or whatever he speaks of. Its just a bunch of different people shoved into a label, some of which are overly emotional and petty.

well he's a radio personality and writes books etc so I'm sure a lot of it is done to make things interesting and more controversial then it would be otherwise. And while I dislike all these labels etc I'm just not sure what else to use, I mean I could use pansy, wimps, flit boys, I'd have to google more but you get the idea lol, again my experience is that today's liberals aka leftist are devoid of logic, facts and won't compromise. Do you remember that college professor who called for "muscle" to remove the reporter, people like that.
FanboyMctroll
Posts: 168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 2:14:15 PM
Posted: 3 days ago
I wonder what internet trolls used to do before there was the internet.

That is a great question, I wonder also?? By the way the reason I use the Fanboy McTroll username is because I find it comical that those are the two words used the most in the comments sections of anything you read on the internet, people call everyone fanboys or trolls.

Where is the love on the internet, do we all have to be name calling each other?
Vaarka
Posts: 7,546
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 3:55:39 PM
Posted: 3 days ago
At 11/30/2016 4:22:26 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Every time I read the comments section to any article, all there is hate. People will say it's all trolls but they can't all be trolls, why is there so much negativity and hate in our society today? Why do I rarely see a positive acknowledgement to a post or a positive feedback, it's always "well you suck and you are wrong and your points aren't valid."

It's like the 65 year old trying to make a serious or valid point and the 12 year old bashing him and calling him gay, it's just constant hate about everything, ie, Muslims, LBGTQ community, race relations, everything is just crap according to the comments. And it's not just the Internet, tv shows full of hate and violence i.e Walking Dead,

Are we just haters now? There is no encouragement to anyone anymore no shout out "You are great or good job, it's just YOU SUCK!!

Holy crap, what a pointless post. Like did you honestly think this would stir discussion? No one cares about this! My god, YOU SUCK!!

<3
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Posts: 7,546
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 4:00:53 PM
Posted: 3 days ago
At 11/30/2016 7:46:09 PM, keithprosser wrote:
At 11/30/2016 7:30:12 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
it the only thing they have left when facts and logic aren't on your side (paraphrasing Ben Shapiro) This is the classic tactic of the liberal/leftist not much substance mostly emotion. And now a few are trying to point the finger attempting (rather poorly) to say the conservatives do the same thing, and probably a few do, but it's not the norm by any means.

The above post is a prime example of what the OP is complaining about... someone taking the opportunity to take a cheap shot at whoever it is they don't like rather than addressing the point.

I disagree with the OP only in that I think comments made on the intrnet are not representative of humanity as a whole. I never post comments and most people I know never post comments. Why would a sensible person post a comment anyway? Hardly anybody reads them, and it would soon get lost under a welter of badly spelled and ungrammatical rants.
idk man, I once left a comment on a video called "The nutshack theme but every nutshack is replaced by the entire reading of the Bee Movie script", where I went through and found each point in the video where it actually played the nutshack theme (since the script reading takes over 50 minutes, and it would play all of it each time it said nutshack). It got a ton of replies of people either thanking me, calling me a savior, telling me I had no life, or sending me their condolences.

I wonder what internet trolls used to do before there was the internet.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
keithprosser
Posts: 1,951
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 4:16:02 PM
Posted: 3 days ago
At 12/1/2016 4:00:53 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 11/30/2016 7:46:09 PM, keithprosser wrote:
At 11/30/2016 7:30:12 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
it the only thing they have left when facts and logic aren't on your side (paraphrasing Ben Shapiro) This is the classic tactic of the liberal/leftist not much substance mostly emotion. And now a few are trying to point the finger attempting (rather poorly) to say the conservatives do the same thing, and probably a few do, but it's not the norm by any means.

The above post is a prime example of what the OP is complaining about... someone taking the opportunity to take a cheap shot at whoever it is they don't like rather than addressing the point.

I disagree with the OP only in that I think comments made on the intrnet are not representative of humanity as a whole. I never post comments and most people I know never post comments. Why would a sensible person post a comment anyway? Hardly anybody reads them, and it would soon get lost under a welter of badly spelled and ungrammatical rants.
idk man, I once left a comment on a video called "The nutshack theme but every nutshack is replaced by the entire reading of the Bee Movie script", where I went through and found each point in the video where it actually played the nutshack theme (since the script reading takes over 50 minutes, and it would play all of it each time it said nutshack). It got a ton of replies of people either thanking me, calling me a savior, telling me I had no life, or sending me their condolences.

I must confess I am not a student of internet comments. I must have come across them on random occasions, but I tend not to bother with them. I don't think my loss it too great to bear.

I hope internet comments are not indicative of the state of 21st century human kind, although I am often worried they might be, such as when I accidentally see any daytime TV. Shopping channels? I remember when it was just BBC and ITV. I have gotten old.
kevin24018
Posts: 1,804
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 4:21:35 PM
Posted: 3 days ago
At 12/1/2016 4:16:02 PM, keithprosser wrote:
At 12/1/2016 4:00:53 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 11/30/2016 7:46:09 PM, keithprosser wrote:
At 11/30/2016 7:30:12 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
it the only thing they have left when facts and logic aren't on your side (paraphrasing Ben Shapiro) This is the classic tactic of the liberal/leftist not much substance mostly emotion. And now a few are trying to point the finger attempting (rather poorly) to say the conservatives do the same thing, and probably a few do, but it's not the norm by any means.

The above post is a prime example of what the OP is complaining about... someone taking the opportunity to take a cheap shot at whoever it is they don't like rather than addressing the point.

I disagree with the OP only in that I think comments made on the intrnet are not representative of humanity as a whole. I never post comments and most people I know never post comments. Why would a sensible person post a comment anyway? Hardly anybody reads them, and it would soon get lost under a welter of badly spelled and ungrammatical rants.
idk man, I once left a comment on a video called "The nutshack theme but every nutshack is replaced by the entire reading of the Bee Movie script", where I went through and found each point in the video where it actually played the nutshack theme (since the script reading takes over 50 minutes, and it would play all of it each time it said nutshack). It got a ton of replies of people either thanking me, calling me a savior, telling me I had no life, or sending me their condolences.

I must confess I am not a student of internet comments. I must have come across them on random occasions, but I tend not to bother with them. I don't think my loss it too great to bear.

I hope internet comments are not indicative of the state of 21st century human kind, although I am often worried they might be, such as when I accidentally see any daytime TV. Shopping channels? I remember when it was just BBC and ITV. I have gotten old.

I think facebook has really started and fueled most of it. Crimes and violence have been committed just because of what someone put on f.b. Which goes along with the mentality of that generation.
Vaarka
Posts: 7,546
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 4:25:09 PM
Posted: 3 days ago
At 12/1/2016 4:16:02 PM, keithprosser wrote:
At 12/1/2016 4:00:53 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 11/30/2016 7:46:09 PM, keithprosser wrote:
At 11/30/2016 7:30:12 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
it the only thing they have left when facts and logic aren't on your side (paraphrasing Ben Shapiro) This is the classic tactic of the liberal/leftist not much substance mostly emotion. And now a few are trying to point the finger attempting (rather poorly) to say the conservatives do the same thing, and probably a few do, but it's not the norm by any means.

The above post is a prime example of what the OP is complaining about... someone taking the opportunity to take a cheap shot at whoever it is they don't like rather than addressing the point.

I disagree with the OP only in that I think comments made on the intrnet are not representative of humanity as a whole. I never post comments and most people I know never post comments. Why would a sensible person post a comment anyway? Hardly anybody reads them, and it would soon get lost under a welter of badly spelled and ungrammatical rants.
idk man, I once left a comment on a video called "The nutshack theme but every nutshack is replaced by the entire reading of the Bee Movie script", where I went through and found each point in the video where it actually played the nutshack theme (since the script reading takes over 50 minutes, and it would play all of it each time it said nutshack). It got a ton of replies of people either thanking me, calling me a savior, telling me I had no life, or sending me their condolences.

I must confess I am not a student of internet comments. I must have come across them on random occasions, but I tend not to bother with them. I don't think my loss it too great to bear.

I hope internet comments are not indicative of the state of 21st century human kind, although I am often worried they might be, such as when I accidentally see any daytime TV. Shopping channels? I remember when it was just BBC and ITV. I have gotten old.

Eh, it really depends on what kind of stuff you see and what the comments are about. Most of what I use youtube for is music, so it's usually more positive than negative.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
keithprosser
Posts: 1,951
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 4:56:42 PM
Posted: 3 days ago
At 12/1/2016 4:21:35 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
I think facebook has really started and fueled most of it. Crimes and violence have been committed just because of what someone put on f.b. Which goes along with the mentality of that generation.

What is facebook?
Vaarka
Posts: 7,546
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 5:08:12 PM
Posted: 3 days ago
At 12/1/2016 4:56:42 PM, keithprosser wrote:
At 12/1/2016 4:21:35 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
I think facebook has really started and fueled most of it. Crimes and violence have been committed just because of what someone put on f.b. Which goes along with the mentality of that generation.

What is facebook?

Okay, you're not THAT old...
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Quadrunner
Posts: 1,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 7:55:20 PM
Posted: 3 days ago
At 12/1/2016 6:22:31 PM, keithprosser wrote:
OK - I admit I have heard of it. But I haven't signed up.

You pick all of your friends on facebook, and whatever you post is directly available to them. If anyone sais or does anything where you have shown activity, you get a notification. People can also hit "like" or "share" to spread your post to their friend group. You can make what you post unviewable to people without permission through facebook, but this function is rarely used as the idea of facebook is generally posting things for everyone to see and interact with. Your posts generally get seen by most of your friends, and maybe one more waive of their friends, and then it feels kind of awkward for most people to be a part of...like facebook stalking. Facebook pages without personal identity get spread around efficiently though to all sorts of people.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.