Total Posts:29|Showing Posts:1-29
Jump to topic:

Debater Wanted

KevinW
Posts: 8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2011 7:48:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Why Can a African-American Call Another
African-American A Racially Charged Word
and Get Away With It, While If A White
Does It to A African-American It Is to Be Looked
Down Upon?


This seemingly double standard is a dividing point in American society.

I want somebody to debate me on this issue.

I will take pro arguing this is an unfair double standard and nobody should put themselves down.

Con will argue African-Americans have the right to call themselves whatever they want while discouraging others from outside groups from calling them the same names.

3 - 5 rounds (negotiable)

African-American debater is preferable, but all are welcome who are interested

To be contested at the end of March or April at the earliest.

Whoever wants a shot, please message me.
Hope to see you in this debate soon!
rarugged
Posts: 172
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2011 7:51:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
African-American debater is preferable, but all are welcome who are interested


I coughed out my coffee.
If Jesus came back tomorrow, a cross would be the last thing he would want to see.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2011 7:56:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/23/2011 7:48:26 PM, KevinW wrote:
Why Can a African-American Call Another
African-American A Racially Charged Word
and Get Away With It, While If A White
Does It to A African-American It Is to Be Looked
Down Upon?
:

You mean the word, "nigger?" F*ck you, white devil!
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2011 8:01:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I've never heard a nigga call another nigga a nigga, nigga.

Also, if a nigga did call another nigga a nigga I would suspect other niggas would not be as okay with it as you niggas think.

Lastly, I call people niggas all the time, nigga.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
rarugged
Posts: 172
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2011 8:04:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The majority of the black population don't call each other "nigg*r".

Only he small handful of ghetto, uneducated African-American adolescents of poor upbringing refrain to such language.

Not to mention the multimillionaire rap artists.

And the racists.
If Jesus came back tomorrow, a cross would be the last thing he would want to see.
vardas0antras
Posts: 983
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 11:39:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/23/2011 8:01:17 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I've never heard a nigga call another nigga a nigga, nigga.

Also, if a nigga did call another nigga a nigga I would suspect other niggas would not be as okay with it as you niggas think.

Lastly, I call people niggas all the time, nigga.
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 11:58:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/23/2011 8:01:17 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I've never heard a nigga call another nigga a nigga, nigga.

Also, if a nigga did call another nigga a nigga I would suspect other niggas would not be as okay with it as you niggas think.

Lastly, I call people niggas all the time, nigga.

he-he-he!
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 1:41:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
there is no racism anymore obama is president.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 1:48:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/23/2011 7:48:26 PM, KevinW wrote:
Why Can a African-American Call Another
African-American A Racially Charged Word
and Get Away With It, While If A White
Does It to A African-American It Is to Be Looked
Down Upon?


This seemingly double standard is a dividing point in American society.

I want somebody to debate me on this issue.

I will take pro arguing this is an unfair double standard and nobody should put themselves down.

Con will argue African-Americans have the right to call themselves whatever they want while discouraging others from outside groups from calling them the same names.

3 - 5 rounds (negotiable)

African-American debater is preferable, but all are welcome who are interested

To be contested at the end of March or April at the earliest.

Whoever wants a shot, please message me.
Hope to see you in this debate soon!

You're initial premise, that any black person can call another black person that word is acceptable, is false. Many african americans do not accept being called that by anyone.

Those that do, use it in a "brotherly love" kind of way, and if there are white guys in their "brotherly love" circle, then they don't mind. Just like some girl friends don't mind if their own girl friends call them a "bitch," but if some random person, girl or boy, call them that, it is not okay.

Just like my friend, I can call him "sergeant sparkles," but others are not allowed to. It is not a race thing, but a personal friendship thing.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 2:37:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Black people call each other niggas all the time and it is perfectly acceptable.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 5:51:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Dude, I call my black friends nycka all the time. They know I'm not racist.

Hell, I'm dating a black girl right now.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 6:00:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
What I find most interesting is that you refer to whites as just "whites" and blacks as "African-Americans." Why? It obviously can't be to save time, as a one-syllable word is preferrable to seven.
ruelariat
Posts: 186
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 6:01:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Here, it's kind of a sign of respect towards the black people. Black people have either done something to earn that respect or they just can because they're black, I haven't figured it out. If a white person calls a black person a nigga then it's because that white person must be the sh!t or fwesome or killed somebody or something impressive.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 6:03:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/25/2011 6:01:13 PM, ruelariat wrote:
Here, it's kind of a sign of respect towards the black people. Black people have either done something to earn that respect or they just can because they're black, I haven't figured it out. If a white person calls a black person a nigga then it's because that white person must be the sh!t or fwesome or killed somebody or something impressive.

Sure, I'll go with that line of reasoning if it means I'm awesome.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Cobo
Posts: 556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 8:45:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/25/2011 6:00:19 PM, mongeese wrote:
What I find most interesting is that you refer to whites as just "whites" and blacks as "African-Americans." Why? It obviously can't be to save time, as a one-syllable word is preferable to seven.

Well, the word Caucasian is wayy too stupid to use in a normal conversation.
And most Black people do go by black.
Why?
Well because in most dictionaries(There's got to be a typo there) the term African-American is defined as "Someone emigrating from Africa to America". It has nothing to do with race.

But Addressing the OP. We have to clarify something first.
Nigger and Nigga are two completely different words.
Nigger-Is very racially charged
Nigga-Is a homeboy to homeboy
They are very different to an average Black Guy.
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 6:01:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/25/2011 5:51:36 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Dude, I call my black friends nycka all the time. They know I'm not racist.

Hell, I'm dating a black girl right now.

Not saying your racist (I don't even know you) but when people say things like this it always cracks me up.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 6:11:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I say "nigguh" all the time. But I'm Mexican so its ok when I say it. lol
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 6:20:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/26/2011 6:01:40 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 1/25/2011 5:51:36 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Dude, I call my black friends nycka all the time. They know I'm not racist.

Hell, I'm dating a black girl right now.

Not saying your racist (I don't even know you) but when people say things like this it always cracks me up.

Sh!t, white people call EACHOTHER n!gga.

That's right, white on white nigga. The word has lost it's meaning. No one gives a sh!t anymore except old people.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 6:21:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Hell, give it 100 years, and people will be going to job interviews, shaking hands with a potential employer. They will greet each other by saying "Whatup, n!gga?". It'll be like the new "How are you doing?"
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 6:24:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Words mean something, to a certain extent, but context is much more important than the words themselves. I can name hundreds of words that when used in a certain context, may be considered offensive to some. That doesn't prove anything except that I know the words. Even if I say them, it means naught. I think political correctness, and sensitivity are two of the most overrated ideas going currently. I'll debate that.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 6:26:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/26/2011 6:24:17 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
Words mean something, to a certain extent, but context is much more important than the words themselves. I can name hundreds of words that when used in a certain context, may be considered offensive to some. That doesn't prove anything except that I know the words. Even if I say them, it means naught. I think political correctness, and sensitivity are two of the most overrated ideas going currently. I'll debate that.

fvck politcal correctness and sensitivity.

Grow some balls, and quit taking yourself so seriously. That's what I have to say about that.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 6:32:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/26/2011 6:26:16 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 1/26/2011 6:24:17 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
Words mean something, to a certain extent, but context is much more important than the words themselves. I can name hundreds of words that when used in a certain context, may be considered offensive to some. That doesn't prove anything except that I know the words. Even if I say them, it means naught. I think political correctness, and sensitivity are two of the most overrated ideas going currently. I'll debate that.

fvck politcal correctness and sensitivity.

Grow some balls, and quit taking yourself so seriously. That's what I have to say about that.

I think we said the same thing, but you put it much more eloquently.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 8:11:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/26/2011 6:20:26 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 1/26/2011 6:01:40 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 1/25/2011 5:51:36 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Dude, I call my black friends nycka all the time. They know I'm not racist.

Hell, I'm dating a black girl right now.


Not saying your racist (I don't even know you) but when people say things like this it always cracks me up.

Sh!t, white people call EACHOTHER n!gga.

That's right, white on white nigga. The word has lost it's meaning. No one gives a sh!t anymore except old people.

I don't think he's talking about that part. He's talking about the bold part. Like when people say "I'm not racist, I have black friends."
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 8:28:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Well, you know, I'm only dating a black girl so that I don't look racist.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp