Total Posts:36|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Survivalism . . .

SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 11:28:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://en.wikipedia.org... What do you think?
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
tigg13
Posts: 302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 12:22:18 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/5/2011 11:28:22 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org... What do you think?

I think it's safe to say that, sooner or later, survivalists are all going to wind up just as dead as everyone else.
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 12:36:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/6/2011 12:22:18 AM, tigg13 wrote:
At 2/5/2011 11:28:22 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org... What do you think?

I think it's safe to say that, sooner or later, survivalists are all going to wind up just as dead as everyone else.

Holy cow! I never realized until tonight that I am a survivalist. ALL of my money came out of the stock market about 5 years ago, and went into Gold and real estate. I realized that the dollar would eventually lose its worth, and as a consequence, I would lose mine.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 12:46:50 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/6/2011 12:36:35 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/6/2011 12:22:18 AM, tigg13 wrote:
At 2/5/2011 11:28:22 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org... What do you think?

I think it's safe to say that, sooner or later, survivalists are all going to wind up just as dead as everyone else.

Holy cow! I never realized until tonight that I am a survivalist. ALL of my money came out of the stock market about 5 years ago, and went into Gold and real estate. I realized that the dollar would eventually lose its worth, and as a consequence, I would lose mine.

Well at least if the market ever crashes you'll have stable currency. My bf is all into that too, he buys silver though.
juvanya
Posts: 613
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 12:50:51 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/6/2011 12:46:50 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 2/6/2011 12:36:35 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/6/2011 12:22:18 AM, tigg13 wrote:
At 2/5/2011 11:28:22 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org... What do you think?

I think it's safe to say that, sooner or later, survivalists are all going to wind up just as dead as everyone else.

Holy cow! I never realized until tonight that I am a survivalist. ALL of my money came out of the stock market about 5 years ago, and went into Gold and real estate. I realized that the dollar would eventually lose its worth, and as a consequence, I would lose mine.

Well at least if the market ever crashes you'll have stable currency. My bf is all into that too, he buys silver though.
Yes, convert all your gold to silver. Its undervalued compared to gold. Gold is good, but silver is better.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 1:03:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
The variable unaccounted for throws a wrench in all man's attempts at predicting and preparing for the future.

There is no way to prepare for the coming doom.

So quit worrying, and party.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 1:10:45 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/6/2011 1:03:22 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
The variable unaccounted for throws a wrench in all man's attempts at predicting and preparing for the future.

There is no way to prepare for the coming doom.

So quit worrying, and party.

Partying is good...
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 2:11:03 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/6/2011 12:50:51 AM, juvanya wrote:
At 2/6/2011 12:46:50 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 2/6/2011 12:36:35 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/6/2011 12:22:18 AM, tigg13 wrote:
At 2/5/2011 11:28:22 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org... What do you think?

I think it's safe to say that, sooner or later, survivalists are all going to wind up just as dead as everyone else.

Holy cow! I never realized until tonight that I am a survivalist. ALL of my money came out of the stock market about 5 years ago, and went into Gold and real estate. I realized that the dollar would eventually lose its worth, and as a consequence, I would lose mine.

Well at least if the market ever crashes you'll have stable currency. My bf is all into that too, he buys silver though.
Yes, convert all your gold to silver. Its undervalued compared to gold. Gold is good, but silver is better.

http://periodic.lanl.gov... is way better than either of those.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 2:12:56 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/6/2011 2:11:03 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 2/6/2011 12:50:51 AM, juvanya wrote:
At 2/6/2011 12:46:50 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 2/6/2011 12:36:35 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/6/2011 12:22:18 AM, tigg13 wrote:
At 2/5/2011 11:28:22 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org... What do you think?

I think it's safe to say that, sooner or later, survivalists are all going to wind up just as dead as everyone else.

Holy cow! I never realized until tonight that I am a survivalist. ALL of my money came out of the stock market about 5 years ago, and went into Gold and real estate. I realized that the dollar would eventually lose its worth, and as a consequence, I would lose mine.

Well at least if the market ever crashes you'll have stable currency. My bf is all into that too, he buys silver though.
Yes, convert all your gold to silver. Its undervalued compared to gold. Gold is good, but silver is better.

http://periodic.lanl.gov... is way better than either of those.

Platinum is not even worth investing in, at least not for the average person. It's not very cost efficient.
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 8:35:01 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/6/2011 2:12:56 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 2/6/2011 2:11:03 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 2/6/2011 12:50:51 AM, juvanya wrote:
At 2/6/2011 12:46:50 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 2/6/2011 12:36:35 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/6/2011 12:22:18 AM, tigg13 wrote:
At 2/5/2011 11:28:22 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org... What do you think?

I think it's safe to say that, sooner or later, survivalists are all going to wind up just as dead as everyone else.

Holy cow! I never realized until tonight that I am a survivalist. ALL of my money came out of the stock market about 5 years ago, and went into Gold and real estate. I realized that the dollar would eventually lose its worth, and as a consequence, I would lose mine.

Well at least if the market ever crashes you'll have stable currency. My bf is all into that too, he buys silver though.
Yes, convert all your gold to silver. Its undervalued compared to gold. Gold is good, but silver is better.

http://periodic.lanl.gov... is way better than either of those.

Platinum is not even worth investing in, at least not for the average person. It's not very cost efficient.

It's still worth more than either gold or silver.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 3:22:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/6/2011 12:36:35 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/6/2011 12:22:18 AM, tigg13 wrote:
At 2/5/2011 11:28:22 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org... What do you think?

I think it's safe to say that, sooner or later, survivalists are all going to wind up just as dead as everyone else.

Holy cow! I never realized until tonight that I am a survivalist. ALL of my money came out of the stock market about 5 years ago, and went into Gold and real estate. I realized that the dollar would eventually lose its worth, and as a consequence, I would lose mine.

You really are Jewish aren't you?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 3:24:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/6/2011 3:22:35 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/6/2011 12:36:35 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:

Holy cow! I never realized until tonight that I am a survivalist. ALL of my money came out of the stock market about 5 years ago, and went into Gold and real estate. I realized that the dollar would eventually lose its worth, and as a consequence, I would lose mine.

You really are Jewish aren't you?

Nah, just a smart investor! ;)
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 3:25:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/6/2011 3:24:54 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 2/6/2011 3:22:35 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/6/2011 12:36:35 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:

Holy cow! I never realized until tonight that I am a survivalist. ALL of my money came out of the stock market about 5 years ago, and went into Gold and real estate. I realized that the dollar would eventually lose its worth, and as a consequence, I would lose mine.

You really are Jewish aren't you?

Nah, just a smart investor! ;)

There synonyms.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 3:26:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/6/2011 3:25:49 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 2/6/2011 3:24:54 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 2/6/2011 3:22:35 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/6/2011 12:36:35 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:

Holy cow! I never realized until tonight that I am a survivalist. ALL of my money came out of the stock market about 5 years ago, and went into Gold and real estate. I realized that the dollar would eventually lose its worth, and as a consequence, I would lose mine.

You really are Jewish aren't you?

Nah, just a smart investor! ;)

They're synonyms.

my bad
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 4:17:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/6/2011 11:16:30 AM, badger wrote:
i've quite a few stategically placed knives, golf clubs and hammers around my house lol

i don't really...
signature
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 5:05:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/6/2011 4:21:09 PM, badger wrote:
i dunno how ye yanks aren't killing people the whole time.

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com...
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 5:06:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/6/2011 4:25:01 PM, badger wrote:
who here has killed someone? be honest now.. i haven't anyway.

I am sure it's only a matter of time.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 5:37:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/6/2011 5:06:07 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/6/2011 4:25:01 PM, badger wrote:
who here has killed someone? be honest now.. i haven't anyway.

I am sure it's only a matter of time.

want anyone killed?
signature
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 5:38:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/6/2011 5:06:07 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/6/2011 4:25:01 PM, badger wrote:
who here has killed someone? be honest now.. i haven't anyway.

I am sure it's only a matter of time.

I shot everyone that made a Nazi account.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 10:47:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
You've got to be read for when the dead start to rise and devour us.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 2:18:03 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Sam_Lowry
Posts: 367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 2:37:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
In an actual post apocalyptic scenario, how useful/valuable would gold actually be, even for trade? I would think that goods with more "intrinsic" utility would increase highly in value, things like food, weapons and drugs. Gold doesn't actually seem like much of an investment.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 2:45:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/8/2011 2:37:54 AM, Sam_Lowry wrote:
In an actual post apocalyptic scenario, how useful/valuable would gold actually be, even for trade? I would think that goods with more "intrinsic" utility would increase highly in value, things like food, weapons and drugs. Gold doesn't actually seem like much of an investment.

In an economic collapse scenario gold and silver are the best possible investments you could make. While everybody is starving you could laugh in their faces while you're eating a steak dinner(don't actually laugh in their faces, but you get my point...). As for an post apocalyptic scenario, that's much less likely to happen anyway so I have no worries. :)
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 3:00:47 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/8/2011 2:37:54 AM, Sam_Lowry wrote:
In an actual post apocalyptic scenario, how useful/valuable would gold actually be, even for trade? I would think that goods with more "intrinsic" utility would increase highly in value, things like food, weapons and drugs. Gold doesn't actually seem like much of an investment.

How epic would it be to bludgeon a zombie to death with a bar of gold though!!!
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...