Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

Someone create an interesting topic to debate

annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 7:54:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/9/2011 7:49:42 PM, CrzyDrumlineChic wrote:
Im sorry, but I am so bored, and I love debating, someone should really create an interesting topic to be debated, I'm bored!

Well, what are your interests? Philosophy, politics, religion, controversial issues such as: gay marriage, abortion, necrophilia...

Basically, what do you like to debate?
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
CrzyDrumlineChic
Posts: 28
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 8:02:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/9/2011 7:54:04 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 2/9/2011 7:49:42 PM, CrzyDrumlineChic wrote:
Im sorry, but I am so bored, and I love debating, someone should really create an interesting topic to be debated, I'm bored!

Well, what are your interests? Philosophy, politics, religion, controversial issues such as: gay marriage, abortion, necrophilia...

Basically, what do you like to debate?

Well I like to debate society issues mostly. Im a CXer at heart, I dont understand LD too well because I deal better with analyzing facts. I dont really like arguing about religion because virtually it all comes down to "you're wrong!" "No, you're wrong!"
I really like controversial isues, howver I just finished my 1st year ever of debating cx, so I'm still kind of new, however I beat the best competitors in my region, and my coach says Im not too bad for a newbie(: So basically I like controversial, society, not politics, I'm reallyyyyyy bad at JUST politics, however f politics is kind of mixed in with a bigger isue i can handle it. Lol sorry I';m picky. Controversial and society. Or foreign relations.(:
Cliff.Stamp
Posts: 2,169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 8:14:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/9/2011 7:54:04 PM, annhasle wrote:

... controversial issues such as: gay marriage, abortion, necrophilia...

There are people who oppose the right of gay married necrophiliacs to have abortions?
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 8:16:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/9/2011 8:14:52 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
At 2/9/2011 7:54:04 PM, annhasle wrote:


... controversial issues such as: gay marriage, abortion, necrophilia...

There are people who oppose the right of gay married necrophiliacs to have abortions?

lol. xD
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 8:20:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Pro: Cheap legal recreational drugs should be sold on every street corner by naked gay illegal immigrants.

Con: Drugs shouldn't be cheap, they should be free.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 9:24:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Debate the following: Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Sam_Lowry
Posts: 367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 10:33:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/9/2011 8:20:50 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
Con: Drugs shouldn't be cheap, they should be free.

There's actually a pretty good argument for this one. Create a government monopoly on all addictive drugs, ban advertising, and distribute via clinics/pharmacies. A similar policy works amazingly well in the UK and Switzerland, although the Swiss make the addicts pay for their own drugs at cost. HIV transmission, malnutrition, mortality, criminal tendencies, and addiction rates fall, and most addicts are able to quietly integrate into society.

Plus, everyone who doesn't get addicted gets free drugs.
CrzyDrumlineChic
Posts: 28
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 10:45:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
ya I coulddebate that, but I dont know if i could debate against it, except for the whole monopoly thing. I don;t like monopolys. That is an interesting subject though!
Sam_Lowry
Posts: 367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2011 1:01:19 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/9/2011 10:45:29 PM, CrzyDrumlineChic wrote:
ya I coulddebate that, but I dont know if i could debate against it, except for the whole monopoly thing. I don;t like monopolys. That is an interesting subject though!

I can take either side after I get back from trolling CPAC on Saturday.