Jump to topic:

Sub-cultures

PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 7:32:49 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I recently found out what "Chavs" and "Hoodies" are within British society. I assume, for instance, Ali G is parody of Chavs, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

For the Americans, I think a Chav is something akin to techno kids -- the kind who drive around in suped up Ricers (Japanese cars) with a sound system, pumping obnoxious House music at ridiculous decibels.

I assume Hoodies are something akin to a hip hop culture, where everyone is trying their hardest to look and act like Eminem. Basically, pranksters and studio gangsters.

In America there are hundreds of sub-cultures that are recognized through fashion, and most of them are completely obnoxious. Apparently England and America share equal idiocy with Emo's.

Describe to me the sub-cultures of your area.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 1:16:30 PM
I consider myself an ameteur anthropologist, so this should be fun.

~~There are the n!ggers(who can be race, I'm not using the racial definition)~~

The n!ggers do a lot of drugs. They all are pretty much guaranteed to smoke weed, and rarely do you find one that doesn't drink. They pop prescription pills like Xanax and other uppers, downers, etc. They are usually fvcking retarded(which I can imagine their drug use plays some kind of part), incredibly arrogant and close minded, short sighted, and a morality that is mostly self oriented(so they end up having to make honor codes to compensate for their lack of true morality). Most n!ggas are pvssies, so peer pressure plays a big part in it.

Their relationships are shallow like they are, and most of what ties them together is their mutual drug use. Most of them are honorable to their friends, and treat them well, but when trouble comes around... It isn't odd to see a n!gga running out on his bros. Men and women tend to segregate in this sub-culture, so the males in it tend to feign homophobia, probably to release some inner tension.. Women are separate, and if a women hangs out with the guys, she is usually labeled a slut by everyone outside the group.

Because of the gender segregated nature of the group, I have not been able to observe the female n!gger in her natural habitat, but from conversations with them, I can pretty much assume that they are just as shallow minded and stupid as their male brethren.

Musical interest is pretty much universally hip hop(Radio hip-hop is basically the embodiment of the ideal n!gga lifestyle), with shallow dippings into other genres of music.

N!ggers tend to gravitate into heavier drug use later in life.. Heroine is the one that usually ends up fvcking them up. A lot of them will get involved in criminal behavior to fuel their vain lifestyles that require instant gratification for happiness. Because n!ggers are susceptible to peer pressure and are huge pvssies, they sometimes form or join gangs to make themselves feel tougher.

When a n!gga finally realizes how bloody stupid, impractical, and assinine the n!gga lifestyle is, they tend to become "Born Again Christians".. By that, I mean they become "Pentecostal Christians", where they can get off on "The most high". JESUS! Hallelujah!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since that is probably a long post for most people, I'll continue with other sub-cultures later. I've got a few, and they are all pretty much universally negative.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 1:47:49 PM
At 2/11/2011 1:16:30 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

Then why do you call them that?
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 1:54:20 PM
At 2/11/2011 1:47:49 PM, nonentity wrote:

Then why do you call them that?:

I suspect he's trying to make some philosophical point about the bullsh*t of stereotyping. I'm waiting for the punchline.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 2:11:16 PM
i love these kinda threads..

well over here, you've got the gaa heads, who're the fellas who're mad into sports and fighting and drinking and wrecking the place and all that sort of sh1t, then you've got the druggies who're all into drinking and and the vast majority of them take drugs and smoke cigarettes too.. these are the two main whatever you'd call 'em, bit stoned, and only at least to my knowledge because you could place me in the second group so i'm obviously gonna see more of them.. so i mighn't be the best man to ask :)

the first group generally dress in jeans and jumpers and that kinda stuff.. and the second group dress more like the fella in the video..generally again.. and i'm only taking the youth into account..

hmmm, i dunno should both of those be one group because were all in the pub with each other the whole time..

ok.. so that's the pub culture..

which consists of all the old fellas too.. ireland's really just one culture because of the drink...

so that's the vast majority of the population accounted for...

then you've got the boyracers who don't drink as often as the rest of us.. and there're a few rockers, skateboarders (they'd be the yank wannabes) and nerds thrown in there too..pretty normal society :) very few jesus freaks...at least in my area..

then you've those i like to have sex with..
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 2:12:21 PM
i said i wouldn't bother mentioning the travellers cos i'd be talking about them for days.. i love 'em! i wish i was born a traveller..
signature
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 2:48:30 PM

Because not only do they use the word amongst each other, but the non racial definition perfectly describes my contempt for the sub culture. At the same time, it is a rather offensive word that easily catches the attention of people who are culturally programmed to take notice of it.

That said, when used in casual conversation, it isn't meant to be vulgar and degrading. I'm just going to use their word to make fun of them, because the only positive thing I see about the sub-culture is that sometimes people break away from it.. Usually onto something just as or more ridiculous, but more docile.

I know a LOT of people who are n!ggers, and have hung out with many a n!gga.. In their own lairs even, gasp! So I'm not pulling these stereotypes out of what I've heard, they are very much real.

Stereotypes usually have some foundation in reality, whether people like to admit it or not. While not all black people or people who wear hoodies(which reminds me, I didn't touch up on n!gger fashion... In fact, my analysis lacked a lot of information, but eh...) are "n!ggers", the great majority of n!ggers do dress and act this way.

And in case anyone reading this still doesn't get it, when I say "n!gger", I'm referring to the sub-culture I just described.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 5:00:37 PM
Badger sort of hit the nail on the head for over here.

In Dublin there is a huge concentration of emos who hang around in the city centre. Like most other youth groups they drink and smoke.

Then we have our "hoodies" whom we dub "skangers". Into hip-hop and gangster culture, basically.

We also have kids from a particularly affluent district called "D4's" who wear ridiculous clothes and have posh accents.

But in general most people are normal, wear jeans and a jumper. People aren't really divided into too many sub-cultures. There aren't too msny cliques.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Sam_Lowry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2011 12:55:01 PM

The n!ggers do a lot of drugs. They all are pretty much guaranteed to smoke weed, and rarely do you find one that doesn't drink. They pop prescription pills like Xanax and other uppers, downers, etc. They are usually fvcking retarded(which I can imagine their drug use plays some kind of part), incredibly arrogant and close minded, short sighted, and a morality that is mostly self oriented(so they end up having to make honor codes to compensate for their lack of true morality). Most n!ggas are pvssies, so peer pressure plays a big part in it.

Their relationships are shallow like they are, and most of what ties them together is their mutual drug use. Most of them are honorable to their friends, and treat them well, but when trouble comes around... It isn't odd to see a n!gga running out on his bros. Men and women tend to segregate in this sub-culture, so the males in it tend to feign homophobia, probably to release some inner tension.. Women are separate, and if a women hangs out with the guys, she is usually labeled a slut by everyone outside the group.

Because of the gender segregated nature of the group, I have not been able to observe the female n!gger in her natural habitat, but from conversations with them, I can pretty much assume that they are just as shallow minded and stupid as their male brethren.

Musical interest is pretty much universally hip hop(Radio hip-hop is basically the embodiment of the ideal n!gga lifestyle), with shallow dippings into other genres of music.

N!ggers tend to gravitate into heavier drug use later in life.. Heroine is the one that usually ends up fvcking them up. A lot of them will get involved in criminal behavior to fuel their vain lifestyles that require instant gratification for happiness. Because n!ggers are susceptible to peer pressure and are huge pvssies, they sometimes form or join gangs to make themselves feel tougher.

When a n!gga finally realizes how bloody stupid, impractical, and assinine the n!gga lifestyle is, they tend to become "Born Again Christians".. By that, I mean they become "Pentecostal Christians", where they can get off on "The most high". JESUS! Hallelujah!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since that is probably a long post for most people, I'll continue with other sub-cultures later. I've got a few, and they are all pretty much universally negative.

Translation: I'm a bitter racist who hates the poor and does not understand complex socioeconomic issues. While it lacks the telling "I'm not racist but..." tagline, it's fairly obvious.
TheAtheistAllegiance
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2011 3:11:20 PM
At 2/11/2011 6:05:40 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Techno viking.... German?

The kind of person I would not dare to mess with. Holy shi!t that guy looks scary!
TheAtheistAllegiance
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2011 3:11:44 PM
At 2/11/2011 2:48:30 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

Because not only do they use the word amongst each other, but the non racial definition perfectly describes my contempt for the sub culture. At the same time, it is a rather offensive word that easily catches the attention of people who are culturally programmed to take notice of it.

That said, when used in casual conversation, it isn't meant to be vulgar and degrading. I'm just going to use their word to make fun of them, because the only positive thing I see about the sub-culture is that sometimes people break away from it.. Usually onto something just as or more ridiculous, but more docile.

I know a LOT of people who are n!ggers, and have hung out with many a n!gga.. In their own lairs even, gasp! So I'm not pulling these stereotypes out of what I've heard, they are very much real.

Stereotypes usually have some foundation in reality, whether people like to admit it or not. While not all black people or people who wear hoodies(which reminds me, I didn't touch up on n!gger fashion... In fact, my analysis lacked a lot of information, but eh...) are "n!ggers", the great majority of n!ggers do dress and act this way.

And in case anyone reading this still doesn't get it, when I say "n!gger", I'm referring to the sub-culture I just described.

Are you high or something?
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2011 3:30:42 PM
I currently live in a town with a decent sized hippy population -- something I've never experienced in New York. They're vegan, smoke pot, super nice, wear drug rugs [1], etc.

Something I haven't seen here in Illinois but know distinctly exists in New York (particularly Manhattan and now Brooklyn - grr - and outside of New York they live in San Francisco probably) are the hipsters. They usually smoke cigs and like graffiti. They typically have tats.

From Urban Dictionary: Hipsters are a subculture of men and women typically in their 20's and 30's that value independent thinking, counter-culture, progressive politics, an appreciation of art and indie-rock, creativity, intelligence, and witty banter. Although "hipsterism" is really a state of mind,it is also often intertwined with distinct fashion sensibilities. They're effortless-cool. Hipsters reject the culturally-ignorant attitudes of mainstream consumers, and are often be seen wearing vintage and thrift store inspired fashions, tight-fitting jeans, old-school sneakers, and sometimes thick rimmed glasses. Both hipster men and women sport similar androgynous hair styles that include combinations of messy shag cuts and asymmetric side-swept bangs. Such styles are often associated with the work of creative stylists at urban salons, and are usually too "edgy" for the culturally-sheltered mainstream consumer [2, 3].

[1] http://popcornplays.files.wordpress.com...

[2] http://images.unigo.com...

[3] http://4.bp.blogspot.com...
President of DDO
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2011 3:41:42 PM
At 2/12/2011 3:30:42 PM, theLwerd wrote:
I currently live in a town with a decent sized hippy population -- something I've never experienced in New York. They're vegan, smoke pot, super nice, wear drug rugs [1], etc.

Something I haven't seen here in Illinois but know distinctly exists in New York (particularly Manhattan and now Brooklyn - grr - and outside of New York they live in San Francisco probably) are the hipsters. They usually smoke cigs and like graffiti. They typically have tats.

From Urban Dictionary: Hipsters are a subculture of men and women typically in their 20's and 30's that value independent thinking, counter-culture, progressive politics, an appreciation of art and indie-rock, creativity, intelligence, and witty banter. Although "hipsterism" is really a state of mind,it is also often intertwined with distinct fashion sensibilities. They're effortless-cool. Hipsters reject the culturally-ignorant attitudes of mainstream consumers, and are often be seen wearing vintage and thrift store inspired fashions, tight-fitting jeans, old-school sneakers, and sometimes thick rimmed glasses. Both hipster men and women sport similar androgynous hair styles that include combinations of messy shag cuts and asymmetric side-swept bangs. Such styles are often associated with the work of creative stylists at urban salons, and are usually too "edgy" for the culturally-sheltered mainstream consumer:

Ugh... Hipsters try way too hard to be hipsters. They're like the Beatniks of this generation, that's what they remind me of.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2011 5:46:52 PM
At 2/12/2011 3:30:42 PM, theLwerd wrote:

From Urban Dictionary: Hipsters are a subculture of men and women typically in their 20's and 30's that value independent thinking, counter-culture, progressive politics, an appreciation of art and indie-rock, creativity, intelligence, and witty banter. Although "hipsterism" is really a state of mind,it is also often intertwined with distinct fashion sensibilities. They're effortless-cool. Hipsters reject the culturally-ignorant attitudes of mainstream consumers, and are often be seen wearing vintage and thrift store inspired fashions, tight-fitting jeans, old-school sneakers, and sometimes thick rimmed glasses. Both hipster men and women sport similar androgynous hair styles that include combinations of messy shag cuts and asymmetric side-swept bangs. Such styles are often associated with the work of creative stylists at urban salons, and are usually too "edgy" for the culturally-sheltered mainstream consumer [2, 3].

[1] http://popcornplays.files.wordpress.com...

[2] http://images.unigo.com...

[3] http://4.bp.blogspot.com...

Haha! Man, here in Seattle -- we have a sh!t ton of Hipsters. Most of the people I hangout with are either hipsters or metalheads.

ANYWAYS...

Hipsters -- theLwerd has given a perfect description but I would add: They smoke American Spirits, which are their preferred cigarette brand. And the only beer they drink, regardless of location in the US, is PBR. Here in Seattle, they will also drink Miller High Life and Rainier.

Metalheads: This is my sub-genre. Seattle metalheads are different than the norm. We are more grunge influenced. We will wear flannels, leather jackets, ripped jeans, Doc Martens/converses, studded belts, and MUST have 5+ piercings (regardless of gender). Tattoos are preferred but most of us are too broke. We are inherently aggressive but loyal, intellectual, arrogant and humorous as well. Headphones are always around our necks -- blaring metal music -- and we always have a cigarette in our right hands. Our preferred brands are Marlboro and Camels. Most are potheads -- or tripping on some drug -- but the biggest influence in our lives is music. We wake up to metal, go through the day listening to metal, and fall asleep listening to metal. We bleed chains. Lol.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2011 7:18:50 PM
At 2/12/2011 12:55:01 PM, Sam_Lowry wrote:
Translation: I'm a bitter racist who hates the poor and does not understand complex socioeconomic issues. While it lacks the telling "I'm not racist but..." tagline, it's fairly obvious.

You're are the kind of idiot I was aiming that post at. You probably just saw the word "n!gger", and blotted everything else out.

I am poor, and I've been poor my whole life. I spent a year of my life homeless and battered. I play the blues.... WITH BLACK PEOPLE. My employment is basically the temp agency and busking on the street. If anyone knows about complex socioeconomic issues, I think it would be me.

There is nothing racist about my assessment if you actually read it. I made it very clear that it is a subculture that contains people of many races.

It is a subculture made up of willfully ignorant self absorbed hedonists. They just aren't fun to be around.

Other opinions

Hipsters- People who wish they were me, but are too plastic and fake, while I am real. Also, they are too pretentious and serious, while I only look pretentious because of my lack of seriousness.. which sometimes comes across as being serious.

You know, don't bother deciphering that.

Metalheads- Posers, and terrible people to jam with. No sense of dynamics, and it is rare to find a metal guitarist who actually has decent vibrato... Something which is far more important to sounding impressive than being able to sweep pick arpeggios. Course, if you are a musician, and trying to sound impressive is your goal, you already fvcked up.

Oh yeah, and most of them are major tools. Seriously, ever been to a metal concert? As someone who appreciates some good metal, I've been to a few, and they are too fvcking loud. You can't hear anything at all. I saw Children of Bodom and a few other metal bands at the congress theater, and all the bands that played before them were so loud that even if you sat in the back, you couldn't hear. The best sound was actually in the little alley outside the theater where people go to smoke cigarettes.(Bodom was quieter though, and they sounded pretty good.. from the back of the theater). Now the reason why I call metal heads major tools is because they are the stupid fvcks moshing right in front of the stage, beating the sh!t out of each other while being subjected to aural annihilation.

And the fact that they are major tools also kind of feeds into my belief that nearly all of them are really just posers who are metal for the social aspect of it. These people obviously don't care about the music, they just act like they do. For all the balls they try to show, they are really just big pvssies. Probably mentally ill too.

Next sub-culture I plan to hate on is the Pentecostal Christians. Stay tuned, kiddies! you probably have NO CLUE as to how bad they are. I've lived around them and with them my whole life.

I hate because I love.

>.>
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2011 7:35:26 PM
At 2/12/2011 7:18:50 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Metalheads- Posers, and terrible people to jam with. No sense of dynamics, and it is rare to find a metal guitarist who actually has decent vibrato... Something which is far more important to sounding impressive than being able to sweep pick arpeggios. Course, if you are a musician, and trying to sound impressive is your goal, you already fvcked up.

Wow, I can't even believe how wrong you are right now... How many metal guitarists have you actually jammed with? Let me guess, you jammed with them once and now you have the stereotype that they ALL suck? Dude, people like you make me really pissed off that I can't punch through cyberspace.

You want to see some AMAZING metal guitarists? Go listen to: Dimebag Darrell, Tony Iommi, Kirk Hammett, James Hetfield, Eddie Van Halen, Jimmy Page, Zakk Wylde, Kerry King, Jeff Hanneman, Dave Murray, Jimi Hendrix, Glen Tipton, K.K. Downing, Ace Frehley, Slash... Just to name a few.

Oh yeah, and most of them are major tools.

Yeah, I'm a complete tool. And so is panda. And Ragnar. And PARADIGM_LOST. And anyone else that listens to metal!

/sarcasm

Seriously, ever been to a metal concert?

YES.

As someone who appreciates some good metal, I've been to a few, and they are too fvcking loud.

LOL, you sound like an 83 year old man.

You can't hear anything at all. I saw Children of Bodom and a few other metal bands at the congress theater, and all the bands that played before them were so loud that even if you sat in the back, you couldn't hear.

Dude, metal is supposed to be played LOUD. It's like going to a club and asking the DJ to turn it down. Uh, no fvcking way -- it's meant to be that way.

The best sound was actually in the little alley outside the theater where people go to smoke cigarettes.(Bodom was quieter though, and they sounded pretty good.. from the back of the theater).

Delicate eardrums?

Now the reason why I call metal heads major tools is because they are the stupid fvcks moshing right in front of the stage, beating the sh!t out of each other while being subjected to aural annihilation.

Ha! So we're tools because we mosh? ROFL. Okay, go to a metal concert and swing dance. THAT would make more sense.

And the fact that they are major tools also kind of feeds into my belief that nearly all of them are really just posers who are metal for the social aspect of it.

Yeah, there are definite posers. But to label ALL metalheads as posers is just fvcking stupid. Man, you are ignorant. Have you ever met a metalhead? You do realize that to be a metalhead -- you have to know your sh!t, right? You can't just listen to BFMV and then say, "I'm a metalhead!"

These people obviously don't care about the music, they just act like they do.

Prove it! How do I not care about metal?

For all the balls they try to show, they are really just big pvssies. Probably mentally ill too.

1. Some are weak. On average, I bet they could break you in half and use your bones as tooth picks.

2. I'm mentally ill. What insult will you throw at me now?
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2011 7:40:10 PM
I read halfway through your post, and decided not to read the rest, because as usual, you completely have no clue as to what I'm talking about.

You basically screwed up as soon as you started rattling off metal guitarists. I already said that I like metal.

Oh and then, like... plenty of those guitarists aren't even metal guitarists...

I don't know what people around here see in you. Am I the only person around here who thinks you are brain dead? >.>
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2011 7:40:41 PM
By the way, Dimebag has killer vibrato.
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2011 7:46:59 PM
At 2/12/2011 7:35:26 PM, annhasle wrote:
You want to see some AMAZING metal guitarists?... ...Slash
lolwut?

The closest thing to describe me is Competitive Gamer.
I wear Kiaeneto, say "roasted" a lot and spend a lot of time on the PC/360.
Also, Alfonzo, you're just straight ignorant.
By your definition Albert Gonzalez is a n!gger, however he is one of the most intelligent/tech savvy persons in the world.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2011 7:50:42 PM
At 2/12/2011 7:40:10 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
I read halfway through your post, and decided not to read the rest, because as usual, you completely have no clue as to what I'm talking about.

"As usual"? Lol, you said (and I quote): Posers, and terrible people to jam with. No sense of dynamics

You also said: And the fact that they are major tools also kind of feeds into my belief that nearly all of them are really just posers who are metal for the social aspect of it. These people obviously don't care about the music, they just act like they do. For all the balls they try to show, they are really just big pvssies. Probably mentally ill too.

Now, as a metalhead AND a bass guitarist in a metal band, how would I not be offended by that? And how the hell did I "not" understand?? I speak English, dumb@ss. I read what your wrote -- now back it up.

You basically screwed up as soon as you started rattling off metal guitarists. I already said that I like metal.

You said they were horrible people to jam with and posers! Of course I'm going to list my metal idols! And if you liked metal (which I doubt you do), then are you a major tool and a poser?

Which ones?

I don't know what people around here see in you. Am I the only person around here who thinks you are brain dead? >.>

I guess so. I think you are a complete idiot too! Woop-dee-fvcking-do.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2011 7:51:46 PM
At 2/12/2011 7:46:59 PM, zGodMode wrote:
lolwut?

What do you have against Slash?
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2011 7:52:56 PM
At 2/12/2011 7:51:46 PM, annhasle wrote:
lolwut?

He agreed to play SCOM with Fergie.
There are more examples, but this in itself is enough.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2011 7:57:14 PM
At 2/12/2011 7:52:56 PM, zGodMode wrote:
lolwut?

Haha, yeah -- he has sold out recently. Have you seen his picture on the Monster cans now? Kinda sad.

Anyways, back in the day, he was a solid guitarist. C'mon, without him, Guns N' Roses would not have been as impressing in the '80's. He had a different style and sound which set him apart -- he was good. I give him props for that.
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2011 8:02:19 PM
At 2/12/2011 7:57:14 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 2/12/2011 7:52:56 PM, zGodMode wrote:
lolwut?

Haha, yeah -- he has sold out recently. Have you seen his picture on the Monster cans now? Kinda sad.

Anyways, back in the day, he was a solid guitarist. C'mon, without him, Guns N' Roses would not have been as impressing in the '80's. He had a different style and sound which set him apart -- he was good. I give him props for that.
I will agree to good.
But great, I will not.
And your actions throughout your life dictate how you will be remembered, and he has sold out after making more than enough money... There's no point to doing it.
He's almost like Michael Jordan in that he spends a lot of his time calling people out more than giving thanks for the gifts he has been given.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2011 8:27:31 PM
At 2/12/2011 7:50:42 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 2/12/2011 7:40:10 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

"As usual"? Lol, you said (and I quote): Posers, and terrible people to jam with. No sense of dynamics

Most of them ARE terrible people to jam with, and most of them DON'T have a sense of dynamics. I stand by my claim.

And yeah, I've noticed that pretty much any kind of back and forth I've had with you has had me laughing at how mind numbingly poor your grasp of what I'm saying is.

I can't take you seriously, because you lack comprehension skills, while at the same time coming across as arrogant and pretentious. You try to feign this logical non-emotional BS.. But you aren't fooling me. You are obviously a raged filled angsty ball of mental illness.(which of course I say for the sole purpose if p!ssing you off, because I like making fun of you)

Plus your name sounds like "An @sshole".

hehehe..

You also said: And the fact that they are major tools also kind of feeds into my belief that nearly all of them are really just posers who are metal for the social aspect of it. These people obviously don't care about the music, they just act like they do. For all the balls they try to show, they are really just big pvssies. Probably mentally ill too.

Now, as a metalhead AND a bass guitarist in a metal band, how would I not be offended by that? And how the hell did I "not" understand?? I speak English, dumb@ss. I read what your wrote -- now back it up.

Dude, if you sit in front of a stage where the decibal level is bordering on 130, you are a fvcking tool.

You said they were horrible people to jam with and posers! Of course I'm going to list my metal idols! And if you liked metal (which I doubt you do), then are you a major tool and a poser?

Liking metal doesn't make you a metal head. Being a metal head makes you a metal head. Also it also more than likely makes you a tool and a poser.

Which ones?

I think it would be a stretch to call Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Eddie Van Halen, or even K. K. Downing metal guitarists. I mean, yeah, K. K. plays in Judas Priest(which is metal as fvck.),but he's totally a blues/rock guitarist. Eddie Van Halen.. Is arguably metal, but I'd say he's more rock and roll. Jimi Hendrix never was metal, he was a rock/blues/psychedelic soul guitarist. Jimmy Page metal? lulwat?

Obviously, we have very different understandings of what constitutes as being metal, but I digress, because in the grand scheme of things, genres are stupid, and I don't give a fvck.

I guess so. I think you are a complete idiot too! Woop-dee-fvcking-do.

You emotionally react to anything I say that pisses you off to the point of being unable to understand what I was actually saying...

You are a self professed metal head...

You somehow think that anarcho-capitalism is stable enough to avoid forming states.

>.>

<.<

Marijuana party

'scuse me while I light my spliff...
Sam_Lowry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 1:46:42 AM
You're are the kind of idiot I was aiming that post at. You probably just saw the word "n!gger", and blotted everything else out.

Yep, you inferences regarding "female n*****s" seems like the result of paintstaking observation and documentation. Seriously, you listed just about every black sterotype other than watermellon and fried chicken, and used a historical black slur to categorize said people.

Also drug abuse is primarily the result of rampant hedonism and not compounded psychological or emotional pressures, and addiction is a sign of a vain lifestyle. Right.

My employment is basically the temp agency and busking on the street. If anyone knows about complex socioeconomic issues, I think it would be me.

Yes, being poor means you understand complex socioeconomic issues by merit of being poor. I totally underestimated how bitter you were.