Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Nba MVP

Loserboi
Posts: 1,232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2011 9:59:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Who do you think should win it?

I seriously believe LeBron James deserves the award. The NBA MVP voters will probably want to die than give him the award but i seriously think there is no other player more deserving than LeBron James at this point.

He averages 26pts, 7.5 reb, 7.2ast, 1.5stl, and .6blks + The Heat have won the most games in the Eastern Conference.

Stats + Wins why shouldn't LeBron get the award?
Deistdude90
Posts: 25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2011 10:42:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Chances are LeBron won't get it. The MVP voting comittees are full of $hit. It's usually the player who is in good standing with most of the fans and media. Right now, LBJ is a polarizing player for fans, coaches, and the media. Another disadvantage for LeBron is that he has more to work with now. It was a no brainer in the past two seasons because he didn't have the cast he has now, but that advantage goes to Rose. Whether Rose deserves it or not is a different question, but the committee will sympathesize with him.

My solution, give the media no votes. Strictly determined by NBA experts/historians, coaches, and true sports journalists (not Skip Bayless or Chris Broussard, but someone like Bill Simmons).

Also, he's won it two times already. Get ready for the "I'm tired of him getting it" mentality to set in.

Now that we are on the subject of MVPs robbed, LeBron will join Kareem (has 6 deserves 7), Jordan (has 5 deserves 8), Shaq (has 1 deserves 2), Kobe (has 1 deserves 2), and Hakeem (has 1 deserves 2).
Blank
Posts: 14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2011 3:21:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
They will settle to give it to Durant or Rose. They have been wanting to praise Durant as the next big thing for awhile now. LeBron is hated by the entire NBA and they will choose not to give it to him. If you guys haven't noticed... LeBron has remained at the #2 spot in the Race to MVP and that is at the peak all year for him. This guy has won player of the month and he can't get the top spot for Race for MVP that makes no sense.
zGodMode
Posts: 825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2011 10:48:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/26/2011 9:59:14 PM, Loserboi wrote:
Who do you think should win it?

I seriously believe LeBron James deserves the award. The NBA MVP voters will probably want to die than give him the award but i seriously think there is no other player more deserving than LeBron James at this point.

He averages 26pts, 7.5 reb, 7.2ast, 1.5stl, and .6blks + The Heat have won the most games in the Eastern Conference.

Stats + Wins why shouldn't LeBron get the award?

MVP = Media, not stats.
Kobe in 05-06 proved that.
My money's on Durant.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2011 11:02:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Kobe, because of what he's been able to do despite his career-threatening injuries to his knees.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Loserboi
Posts: 1,232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 3:30:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/27/2011 10:48:15 PM, zGodMode wrote:
At 2/26/2011 9:59:14 PM, Loserboi wrote:
Who do you think should win it?

I seriously believe LeBron James deserves the award. The NBA MVP voters will probably want to die than give him the award but i seriously think there is no other player more deserving than LeBron James at this point.

He averages 26pts, 7.5 reb, 7.2ast, 1.5stl, and .6blks + The Heat have won the most games in the Eastern Conference.

Stats + Wins why shouldn't LeBron get the award?

MVP = Media, not stats.
Kobe in 05-06 proved that.
My money's on Durant.

Lakers were like 7th seed in 05-06, for MVP your team has got to be in at least the top 3 seeds.
Deistdude90
Posts: 25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 4:58:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 3:30:53 PM, Loserboi wrote:
At 2/27/2011 10:48:15 PM, zGodMode wrote:
At 2/26/2011 9:59:14 PM, Loserboi wrote:
Who do you think should win it?

I seriously believe LeBron James deserves the award. The NBA MVP voters will probably want to die than give him the award but i seriously think there is no other player more deserving than LeBron James at this point.

He averages 26pts, 7.5 reb, 7.2ast, 1.5stl, and .6blks + The Heat have won the most games in the Eastern Conference.

Stats + Wins why shouldn't LeBron get the award?

MVP = Media, not stats.
Kobe in 05-06 proved that.
My money's on Durant.

Lakers were like 7th seed in 05-06, for MVP your team has got to be in at least the top 3 seeds.

False, Kareem won the MVP in '76 when his team didn't even make the playoffs. Nash didn't deserve the MVP that season.

When you average 35 ppg (two shy of matching MJ's highest ppg season), have a legendary 81 point game (which is more impressive than Chamberlain's 100 pt. game), go on a four game streak scoring over 50 (the fifth game was 43 pts), and outscore the entire Dallas Mavericks (western champs that year) in three quarters 62-61 you deserve the MVP. It' not even a debate. Put Nash on the $hitty '06 Lakers, and they don't even dream of reaching the playoffs. So the team was 7th seed. Boo-hoo. Kobe had a Hall-of-Fame season. I don't think we're going to see that kind of dominance at the individual level for a while.

Nash needed Amar'e and Shawn Marion. Do you have any idea what Kobe was working with? Kwame Brown? Even Nash can't work with that. Smush Parker (he isn't even in the league anymore)? Vladamir Radmonovic? Come on. Kobe was robbed and any true NBA fan knows it.
Loserboi
Posts: 1,232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 6:19:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 4:58:27 PM, Deistdude90 wrote:
At 2/28/2011 3:30:53 PM, Loserboi wrote:
At 2/27/2011 10:48:15 PM, zGodMode wrote:
At 2/26/2011 9:59:14 PM, Loserboi wrote:
Who do you think should win it?

I seriously believe LeBron James deserves the award. The NBA MVP voters will probably want to die than give him the award but i seriously think there is no other player more deserving than LeBron James at this point.

He averages 26pts, 7.5 reb, 7.2ast, 1.5stl, and .6blks + The Heat have won the most games in the Eastern Conference.

Stats + Wins why shouldn't LeBron get the award?

MVP = Media, not stats.
Kobe in 05-06 proved that.
My money's on Durant.

Lakers were like 7th seed in 05-06, for MVP your team has got to be in at least the top 3 seeds.

False, Kareem won the MVP in '76 when his team didn't even make the playoffs. Nash didn't deserve the MVP that season.

That was a long time ago, the NBA did not have as many teams as it does today. In this day and age MVP goes to the player who has the stats as well as the record for his team.

When you average 35 ppg (two shy of matching MJ's highest ppg season), have a legendary 81 point game (which is more impressive than Chamberlain's 100 pt. game), go on a four game streak scoring over 50 (the fifth game was 43 pts), and outscore the entire Dallas Mavericks (western champs that year) in three quarters 62-61 you deserve the MVP. It' not even a debate. Put Nash on the $hitty '06 Lakers, and they don't even dream of reaching the playoffs. So the team was 7th seed. Boo-hoo. Kobe had a Hall-of-Fame season. I don't think we're going to see that kind of dominance at the individual level for a while.

Nash deserved it that year... he led a crappy suns team to the best record in the pacific division. Cmon that starting line-up was like Steve Nash, Raja Bell, Shawn Marion, Boris Diaw and like Kurt Thomas. You can argue that Marion and Diaw was only good because of Nash, their careers haven't amounted to anything since. Nash led the league in assists avging 11 a game. I don't have problems with Nash winning it that year. Kobe had amazing statistical season but his team did not win that many games. Your team winning is very important to the entire process...


Nash needed Amar'e and Shawn Marion. Do you have any idea what Kobe was working with? Kwame Brown? Even Nash can't work with that. Smush Parker (he isn't even in the league anymore)? Vladamir Radmonovic? Come on. Kobe was robbed and any true NBA fan knows it.

Amare was injured that whole year...he only played 3 games. Kobe had Lamar Odom. Kobe and Odom vs Nash and Marion.
Deistdude90
Posts: 25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 7:45:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
@loserboi
I don't see how time should change who gets the MVP. Saying only the top 3 teams should have a shot at a player getting the MVP is absurd. It should go to the best all-around player (Which Kareem was in '76 just like Kobe was '06).

Nash did not deserve it that year. The cast Nash had was far superior to Kobe's, and Lamar Odom wasn't even an all-star compared to Marion. Marion was a defensive threat and consistent double-double player. Also, Marion was an all-star before Nash got there.

Phoenix had Leandro Barbosa, Boris Diaw, Marion, Bell, Tim Thomas, all of whom averaged double digits in scoring for the Suns. Kobe and Lamar were the only ones on the Lakers that averaged double-digits in scoring. That alone speaks volumes.

Simply said, Kobe was the best all-around player in the league that season and deserved the MVP. Kobe actually finished Fourth in voting. FOURTH!? Kevin Durant was on an 8th seed team last season, but he finishes 2nd in MVP voting? So the high seed argument is useless. Clearly there's something wrong here and the committee was biased against Kobe. I wonder why? Maybe it had something to do with some bimbo trying to cash-in on his money and the NBA not wanting to look like sleaze balls.

His PER (player efficiency rating) was 28 vs Nash's 23.3. Kobe was more efficient than Nash.

Hell, Nash didn't even deserve it '05. Shaq deserved it that year. How does a player who plays no defense (I mean no defense) even win the MVP? Shaq was the better overall player in '05.

Think about this.
Lakers won 57 games in '04 and 34 games in '05
Heat won 42 games in '04 and 59 games in '05

Nash is the most overrated MVP in recent NBA history.
zGodMode
Posts: 825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 11:56:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 6:19:23 PM, Loserboi wrote:
At 2/28/2011 4:58:27 PM, Deistdude90 wrote:
At 2/28/2011 3:30:53 PM, Loserboi wrote:
At 2/27/2011 10:48:15 PM, zGodMode wrote:
At 2/26/2011 9:59:14 PM, Loserboi wrote:
Who do you think should win it?

I seriously believe LeBron James deserves the award. The NBA MVP voters will probably want to die than give him the award but i seriously think there is no other player more deserving than LeBron James at this point.

He averages 26pts, 7.5 reb, 7.2ast, 1.5stl, and .6blks + The Heat have won the most games in the Eastern Conference.

Stats + Wins why shouldn't LeBron get the award?

MVP = Media, not stats.
Kobe in 05-06 proved that.
My money's on Durant.

Lakers were like 7th seed in 05-06, for MVP your team has got to be in at least the top 3 seeds.

False, Kareem won the MVP in '76 when his team didn't even make the playoffs. Nash didn't deserve the MVP that season.

That was a long time ago, the NBA did not have as many teams as it does today. In this day and age MVP goes to the player who has the stats as well as the record for his team.
Kareem also was outstandingly the best player in the NBA at that time and throughout most of his career.
To say otherwise is just plain stupid.

Just like to say that there was a player who was more valuable than Kobe was in 05-06.
He was just a straight dominant beast that year, who could score big numbers on just about any occasion.
http://sports.espn.go.com...
Bill Simmons is one of the few to actually make sense anymore.

When you average 35 ppg (two shy of matching MJ's highest ppg season), have a legendary 81 point game (which is more impressive than Chamberlain's 100 pt. game), go on a four game streak scoring over 50 (the fifth game was 43 pts), and outscore the entire Dallas Mavericks (western champs that year) in three quarters 62-61 you deserve the MVP. It' not even a debate. Put Nash on the $hitty '06 Lakers, and they don't even dream of reaching the playoffs. So the team was 7th seed. Boo-hoo. Kobe had a Hall-of-Fame season. I don't think we're going to see that kind of dominance at the individual level for a while.

Nash deserved it that year... he led a crappy suns team to the best record in the pacific division. Cmon that starting line-up was like Steve Nash, Raja Bell, Shawn Marion, Boris Diaw and like Kurt Thomas. You can argue that Marion and Diaw was only good because of Nash, their careers haven't amounted to anything since. Nash led the league in assists avging 11 a game. I don't have problems with Nash winning it that year. Kobe had amazing statistical season but his team did not win that many games. Your team winning is very important to the entire process...


Nash needed Amar'e and Shawn Marion. Do you have any idea what Kobe was working with? Kwame Brown? Even Nash can't work with that. Smush Parker (he isn't even in the league anymore)? Vladamir Radmonovic? Come on. Kobe was robbed and any true NBA fan knows it.

Amare was injured that whole year...he only played 3 games. Kobe had Lamar Odom. Kobe and Odom vs Nash and Marion.

Shawn Marion, Raja Bell, Boris Diaw, Eddie House, Leandro Barbosa, all are solid players.
Marion was an explosive scorer in his prime (at that time he was definitely one of the biggest threats).
To argue that Nash's squad was comparable to Kobe's is just stupid.

Kobe v. Nash (obviously Kobe)
Odom v. Marion (Marion was better that year)
Parker v. Bell (Is this even a question?)
Brian Cook v. Diaw (Who is this guy?)
Chris Mihm v. Eddie House
Leandro Barbosa v. Kwame Brown

I'll just cut it off here, this is just stupid.
The Suns were a far more superior team at that time, if you take out Kobe and Nash from both teams, Nash is apparently a better player than Kobe, so the Lakers' cast should be able to win right?
How often do you see Brian Cook and Smush Parker's names anywhere anymore?
Now how often do you see Raja Bell and Boris Diaw?
That's the difference in the casts, heck, Kurt Thomas and Tim Thomas are at least twice the players as Kwame Brown and Chris Mihm.

On-Topic:
If MVP meant most valuable player and not Media's Favorite Player, the trophy would go to Kevin Love.
That guy is the most dominant rebounder since Moses Malone and the most underrated player that I can remember.