Fab Five Movie

Cobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 10:38:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 10:17:24 PM, zGodMode wrote:
Anyone watch the movie about Michigan's Fab Five last night?

No way I missed it?!?
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 11:15:51 PM
At 3/14/2011 10:38:12 PM, Cobo wrote:
At 3/14/2011 10:17:24 PM, zGodMode wrote:
Anyone watch the movie about Michigan's Fab Five last night?

No way I missed it?!?

Pretty sure you're being sarcastic and if you're the age listed on your profile, I'm not surprised.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2011 12:26:35 AM
I saw it. I really liked it.

My favorite part was when the Fab Five insulted Duke players, calling them puss!es, b!tches, overrated, and Uncle Toms, etc. (Grant Hill wrote an op-ed in reply to that btw).

The most surprising part was that Jimmy King actually owns a solar energy company. I thought he would have been arrested for dealing crack or something at this point in his life.
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2011 12:40:57 AM
At 3/17/2011 12:26:35 AM, Nags wrote:
I saw it. I really liked it.

My favorite part was when the Fab Five insulted Duke players, calling them puss!es, b!tches, overrated, and Uncle Toms, etc. (Grant Hill wrote an op-ed in reply to that btw).

The most surprising part was that Jimmy King actually owns a solar energy company. I thought he would have been arrested for dealing crack or something at this point in his life.

It was a really solid movie, I learned some stuff that I didn't know, which is saying something cause I've read everything I could find on the Fab Five. I think everyone (not named Chris Webber) came out of the Fab Five a lot stronger than they came in, especially Jimmy and Ray.

I found it pretty cool that they can look back and just joke on most of what happened, like when Jalen called out Webber for travelling against UNC, they changed the sport and I'm pretty thankful for what they did.

Although Chris definitely fizzled out in the NBA, compared to what he was doing in college, and needs to stop being such a little biatch and talk to the guys.
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2011 12:45:26 AM
Also, Grant's a baby for responding on something they said about how they felt about him 19 years ago, not how they feel about him today. He tried to act classy in the response, but real class wouldn't respond or care about it either way.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2011 12:48:28 AM
At 3/17/2011 12:45:26 AM, zGodMode wrote:
Also, Grant's a baby for responding on something they said about how they felt about him 19 years ago, not how they feel about him today. He tried to act classy in the response, but real class wouldn't respond or care about it either way.

Nah, I disagree. Jalen Rose insulted Grant Hill, Hill's parents, and essentially every black player who has played at Duke. It was an appropriate response.

Speaking of Jalen Rose, I didn't like how he was the producer of the show. Allowed for too much bias.
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2011 12:55:32 AM
At 3/17/2011 12:48:28 AM, Nags wrote:
At 3/17/2011 12:45:26 AM, zGodMode wrote:

Nah, I disagree. Jalen Rose insulted Grant Hill, Hill's parents, and essentially every black player who has played at Duke. It was an appropriate response.

Speaking of Jalen Rose, I didn't like how he was the producer of the show. Allowed for too much bias.

Jalen was commenting on how he felt about Grant 19 years ago, every insult he listed was what he felt 19 years ago. His attitudes since have changed. Grant is just acting childish and getting the last word in by responding. He should realize by now that Jalen is one of those people that won't quit in an argument, so Grant responding is just saying he wants it to continue. He should be able to be a more mature person, like he's trying to come off as, and not have to get a word in edgewise.

And I felt that the view the show had was the most correct on the Fab Five, although I don't understand why they had Ice Cube.