Jump to topic:

To hell with the regular season anyway

Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 11:02:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
It's going to be Pack Pats in the Superbowl. And it's going to be an awesome one. Vegas has 5-1 odds that the Pats are next years champions and it is giving the Pack 6-1.

The Pats dominated the sh*t out of last season and somehow fell apart unexpectedly, and will probably again since Tom Brady is only becoming better and they have a great new TE (arguably the second-most important position in modern football). The Pats ditched you know who and are engaging a great new passing scheme without relying on some tall beast to run out 70 yards to make the play.

The Packers are stacked at QB and TE as well, as long as Jermichael Finley recovers (fingers crossed). If Finley's injuries don't reappear then it's going to be absolutely sick when he's out there with Jennings and Jones. Jones has the potential to blow it though, which sucks... Three out of the four postseason games we played were won by a TD or less. In all three of those games Jones dropped a big pass that would have surely meant a score. The only game he didn't blow it was against Atlanta, who were anihilated.

The Packers are also getting Grant back, which added to Starks and Jackson is almost RB overload (we also got the big white guy Kuhn). It would be nice to trade Grant but the Packers would probably only want draft picks for him.

Although Woodson and Driver are getting old (and that hurts), the team is really young and will no doubt, no doubt at all, be much better than they were last season. Shields is rising to replace Woodson, Finley will take the slack from Driver, our new lineman are looking awesome, and then, oh yeah, there's that Conan the Barbarian guy who many will be looking to take defensive MVP next year. That is if he doesn't chase a bigger paycheck with WWE (Packer fans would be committing suicide by the dozens).

So yeah, no need to watch the regular season. Rogers and Brady will be battling to the last second to see who's the real #1 QB in the NFL.
kfc
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 6:03:03 PM
Packers dynasty... too much firepower on that team that its ridiculous

Aaron Rodgers Elite QB
Ryan Grant pro bowl RB along with Starks who showed tremendous skill in the playoffs
Greg Jennings Pro Bowl WR he is probably gonna be one of the top 3 receivers next year
Jermichael Finely if it was not for injuries he would be a pro bowl TE

Than you move on to their defense Charles Woodson is now their weakside corner that is already scary
Tramon Williams is already a pro bowler who will just keep getting better till he hits 30
Nick Collins arguably one of the best top safeties just behind reed and polamalu
Atari Bigby at the Strong Safety

Clay Matthews has established himself as one of the best linebackers
AJ Hawk and Nick Barnett fast a$s MLBs

BJ Raji is a force at DT, I forgot the name of the defensive lineman on the opposite side of Jolly but hes pretty good too

EXCELLENT Coaching staff
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2011 1:14:36 AM
At 3/31/2011 6:03:03 PM, Loserboi wrote:
Packers dynasty... too much firepower on that team that its ridiculous

Aaron Rodgers Elite QB
Ryan Grant pro bowl RB along with Starks who showed tremendous skill in the playoffs
Greg Jennings Pro Bowl WR he is probably gonna be one of the top 3 receivers next year
Jermichael Finely if it was not for injuries he would be a pro bowl TE

Than you move on to their defense Charles Woodson is now their weakside corner that is already scary
Tramon Williams is already a pro bowler who will just keep getting better till he hits 30
Nick Collins arguably one of the best top safeties just behind reed and polamalu
Atari Bigby at the Strong Safety

Clay Matthews has established himself as one of the best linebackers
AJ Hawk and Nick Barnett fast a$s MLBs

BJ Raji is a force at DT, I forgot the name of the defensive lineman on the opposite side of Jolly but hes pretty good too

EXCELLENT Coaching staff

Yeah I believe I said Shields I meant Tramon W.

Bulaga's the new guy, was showing some signs of doubt but pulled it together in the post-season (of all times) and is only a rookie!

If all that isn't just sick, they are able to potentially trade their back-up QB (Flynn) and if Grant is healthy enough then f*ckit let's trade Jackson too! I MEAN SH*T ITS NOT LIKE ANYONE NEEDS A QB AND RB RIGHT?

Oh yeah. And even if every player on the team got killed in a plane crash, they'd still go 8-8 next season because they're facing off against the NFC west. So half their schedule is:

Lions
Lions
Vikings
Vikings
Rams
49ers
Cardinals
Seahawks

This piss-poor schedule should be banned from professional sports along with allowing players to tackle using a helmet - it's about that bad.
kfc
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2011 11:24:35 AM
If the NFL has taught you anything last season then perhaps it's not to count your chickens before they hatch. While I completely agree Green Bay is stacked to DOMINATE next season (much like the Pats), people were saying the exact same thing at this time last year about the Cowboys and look what happened there. Toward the end of the season, the Patriots were Superbowl favorites and yet ultimately they did not even make it to the big game. So yes, The Packers are looking phenomenal and I like the Pack so I wouldn't mind if they win it again (shh don't tell Vi). But honestly you never know what's gonna happen... the draft hasn't even happened yet; we dunno what trades to expect or what impact the new players could have. Heck there may not even be a typical regular season. So we shall see ^_^ One thing's for sure though -- I'll definitely be back in New York in time for next season's games, woo hoo!
President of DDO
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2011 11:32:49 AM
I thought this was going to be a baseball thread ha
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2011 2:22:37 AM
It seems to me like GB has much more of a legitimate chance though. People who were picking teams like the Cowboys and Bengals were really going out on a limb... The Packers actually just won the championship and their team will be significantly better next year. At any rate, Rodgers vs. Brady in the Superbowl really would be much more exciting then any other bullsh*t teams making it.

I don't care what the Cowboys do; Romo is never, ever, ever going to get a SB ring unless it's as their back-up.
kfc
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2011 11:40:59 PM
At 4/2/2011 11:24:35 AM, Danielle wrote:
If the NFL has taught you anything last season then perhaps it's not to count your chickens before they hatch. While I completely agree Green Bay is stacked to DOMINATE next season (much like the Pats), people were saying the exact same thing at this time last year about the Cowboys and look what happened there. Toward the end of the season, the Patriots were Superbowl favorites and yet ultimately they did not even make it to the big game. So yes, The Packers are looking phenomenal and I like the Pack so I wouldn't mind if they win it again (shh don't tell Vi). But honestly you never know what's gonna happen... the draft hasn't even happened yet; we dunno what trades to expect or what impact the new players could have. Heck there may not even be a typical regular season. So we shall see ^_^ One thing's for sure though -- I'll definitely be back in New York in time for next season's games, woo hoo!

ehhhh but the patriots were only good because of a excellent coaching plan, the patriots on paper were not strong defensively, struggled on 3rd down, and had no big playmakers on the offensive side of the football. Yeah you can give me highlights of Danny Woodhead, Wes Welker, and Deion Branch but none of those guys actually scares a defense. the Patriots were good but they were just another indi colts team, looks good in the regular season, but the weaknesses shows up during the playoffs. They only reason the Patriots were so powerful was because Tom Brady was perfect for like the last 13 games of the season. The playoff hopes rested on Tom Brady consistently throwing without getting picked.

The Packers, Eagles, and Steelers were probably the most complete team overall in the playoffs this year. You can make a case for the Falcons but i still feel Matt Ryan is overrated.
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 3:22:41 AM
At 4/4/2011 11:40:59 PM, Loserboi wrote:
At 4/2/2011 11:24:35 AM, Danielle wrote:

ehhhh but the patriots were only good because of a excellent coaching plan, the patriots on paper were not strong defensively, struggled on 3rd down, and had no big playmakers on the offensive side of the football. Yeah you can give me highlights of Danny Woodhead, Wes Welker, and Deion Branch but none of those guys actually scares a defense. the Patriots were good but they were just another indi colts team, looks good in the regular season, but the weaknesses shows up during the playoffs. They only reason the Patriots were so powerful was because Tom Brady was perfect for like the last 13 games of the season. The playoff hopes rested on Tom Brady consistently throwing without getting picked.

The Packers, Eagles, and Steelers were probably the most complete team overall in the playoffs this year. You can make a case for the Falcons but i still feel Matt Ryan is overrated.

Yeah Matty Ice isn't that great and the Falcons on the whole didn't look that great in their quick playoff anihilation. Another one I think is overrated: Romo. He's got a dependable QB rating but he has no heart.

I hope Vick continues to tear it up for the Eagles but the D is a little shaky and Vick is certainly not going to be enjoying any Favre-like longevity the way he plays. I'd say the Eagles better make their move within the next season, two tops because after that Vick isn't going to be running around like a confused rabbit anymore. We can only wonder what he'd have done with the Falcons these last few seasons if he didn't get locked up...
kfc
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 11:02:58 PM
At 4/14/2011 10:54:06 PM, Andre3000 wrote:
As a silver and black fan the world will be shock when the Oakland Raiders win the SB.

McFadden is alright, what else do they have going for them? Maybe they can get JaMarcus Russell back lol
kfc