NBA playoffs

Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 1:08:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I was really looking forward to Miami vs New York till Miami took the 2nd seed

1st round is easy...the top 4 teams are advancing in both conferences.

anyone disagrees? we should just talk about the 2nd round
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 1:06:35 PM
At 4/13/2011 1:08:38 AM, Loserboi wrote:
I was really looking forward to Miami vs New York till Miami took the 2nd seed

anyone disagrees? we should just talk about the 2nd round

Go Blazers (though I don't even follow basket ball), down with the Heat.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 4:47:38 PM

anyone disagrees?

The only one that might not is Oklahoma (4) vs. Denver (5). It's possible Denver can upset. Aside from that, I think it's a Celtics v. Lakers championship again, obviously.
President of DDO
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 8:08:41 PM
At 4/13/2011 4:47:38 PM, Danielle wrote:

anyone disagrees?

The only one that might not is Oklahoma (4) vs. Denver (5). It's possible Denver can upset. Aside from that, I think it's a Celtics v. Lakers championship again, obviously.:

I'm rooting for Miami because, well, I was born and raised there. BUT Chicago is looking NASTY (Derrick Rose is a beast), and the Spurs still have the best record in the NBA, which somehow seems to get overlooked.

I'm going to tentatively say Bulls vs Spurs.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 9:23:23 PM
At 4/13/2011 8:08:41 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 4/13/2011 4:47:38 PM, Danielle wrote:

anyone disagrees?

The only one that might not is Oklahoma (4) vs. Denver (5). It's possible Denver can upset. Aside from that, I think it's a Celtics v. Lakers championship again, obviously.:

I'm rooting for Miami because, well, I was born and raised there. BUT Chicago is looking NASTY (Derrick Rose is a beast), and the Spurs still have the best record in the NBA, which somehow seems to get overlooked.

I'm going to tentatively say Bulls vs Spurs.

Looking at the Spurs even though they have the best record, their line up is no where close to being as stacked as the Lakers. The Lakers are obviously still the best team in the NBA. They have the size, the skill, and the experience. The Spurs are good but everyone on that team are wayyyy past their prime.

Bulls they are just a team where i just can't see winning. Boston is more well rounded than them. Miami or Boston in the NBA finals, I'm rooting for Miami, I want LeBron to finally get a ring.

L.A vs Miami finals is my guess
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 9:48:17 PM
Looking at the Spurs even though they have the best record, their line up is no where close to being as stacked as the Lakers. The Lakers are obviously still the best team in the NBA. They have the size, the skill, and the experience. The Spurs are good but everyone on that team are wayyyy past their prime.:

I don't deny that the Lakers have a sick team and there is obviously an excellent chance they will back in the Finals. But I don't see how the Spurs being "past their prime" is even relevant. I mean, these past-their-prime players have the best record in the league because they've consistently beat all the teams who should be better than them.

Secondly, the Spurs roster is pretty sick and they've all been playing with each other for a long time. They're a solid team. That said, it's always up for grabs. Denver could win for all we know.

Bulls they are just a team where i just can't see winning. Boston is more well rounded than them. Miami or Boston in the NBA finals, I'm rooting for Miami, I want LeBron to finally get a ring.:

The Knicks are surprising me this season too. Amare and Melo are doing well. They might be able to pull off the upset. Boston is a strong team, but getting rid of Garnett at a crucial juncture was a bad mistake. And their stats are proving that, as they're in a slump.

Miami, though up and down, is one of the sickest team line-ups in NBA history as far as I'm concerned. They owned the Lakers and annihilated the Celtics in their last battles together. Miami is still a forced to be reckoned with.

L.A vs Miami finals is my guess:

I wouldn't mind that at all, and that's a good guess. Believe me, nothing would delight me more than another championship ring in Miami, and LeBron's first.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 10:29:30 PM
At 4/13/2011 9:48:17 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Looking at the Spurs even though they have the best record, their line up is no where close to being as stacked as the Lakers. The Lakers are obviously still the best team in the NBA. They have the size, the skill, and the experience. The Spurs are good but everyone on that team are wayyyy past their prime.:

I don't deny that the Lakers have a sick team and there is obviously an excellent chance they will back in the Finals. But I don't see how the Spurs being "past their prime" is even relevant. I mean, these past-their-prime players have the best record in the league because they've consistently beat all the teams who should be better than them.

Secondly, the Spurs roster is pretty sick and they've all been playing with each other for a long time. They're a solid team. That said, it's always up for grabs. Denver could win for all we know.

First of all this is the NBA there are probably like 3 instances in their entire history where the underdog won the championship... Every year the winner does not shock anyone except with Pistons beat the Lakers but Kobe was being sued at that time, plus the shaq dispute. San Antonio being past their prime is relevant they are old, their ability to run with the majority of the younger teams in the west will be apparent in the playoffs. Richard Jefferson, and McDyess will not beable to handle players like Kevin Durant, or Andrew Bynum. The NBA is all about Match-ups Tim Duncan is the only player who has considerable match up advantage. Tony Parker is living in an era where almost every team has a considerably powerful pg.

Just saying when it comes down to it nobody will beable to get past the lakers TWO 7 footers inside, Kobe is unguardable, Fisher and artest exist for defensive reasons, when they need more focus on offense they just put lamar odom in the game.

Bulls they are just a team where i just can't see winning. Boston is more well rounded than them. Miami or Boston in the NBA finals, I'm rooting for Miami, I want LeBron to finally get a ring.:

The Knicks are surprising me this season too. Amare and Melo are doing well. They might be able to pull off the upset. Boston is a strong team, but getting rid of Garnett at a crucial juncture was a bad mistake. And their stats are proving that, as they're in a slump.

Knicks will not upset the Celtics... Celtics are just a better team overall. I've been watching NBA since i was a kid, upsets might happen 1st round but never to the finals.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 7:50:27 AM
Paradigm it doesn't matter that the Spurs are in first place. It's by what... a few games? It's what happens in the Playoffs that matters, and the Lakers are going to beast the Spurs.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 8:35:54 AM
At 4/13/2011 9:48:17 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Miami, though up and down, is one of the sickest team line-ups in NBA history as far as I'm concerned. They owned the Lakers and annihilated the Celtics in their last battles together. Miami is still a forced to be reckoned with.

That's true too, but don't forget their embarrassing loss to Cleveland. Indeed you don't always know what to expect from them. Even though Chicago has the best record (though admittedly I don't follow Bulls games, so I haven't seen how they play) and Miami is stacked, I can't help but think the Celtics with their experience and well-roundedness are going to pull it together in the finals -- or at least keep it close. I honestly dunno which of them will win, but I think at this point I'm gonna go with... Heat. Just cuz I think they're about to get pumped. They really turned it around the latter half of the season and became a lot more consistent.

Chicago will beat Philly and then Orlando, but they will lose to the Heat or Celtics in the third round. Let's say Heat. As far as the Eastern Conference, again I think Denver will upset Oklahoma. The Spurs v. Denver will be interesting. I dunno what it is about Denver that I like this year lol but eh. I know the Spurs will likely beat them, and then again it's tough to decide between Lakers and Spurs... but I don't see how I can not go with the Lakers. They're gonna get pumped too. The finals is their thing lol. You can't stop Kobe :P I think the Lakers will win.

Either way it's going to be a great championship. You will either have a re-match of the Boston and Lakers showdown, or Kobe and LeBron will finally face off in the championship :)
President of DDO
ccstate4peat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 10:24:56 PM
Miami has a losing record against teams with winning records. I can't see them winning multiple series against good teams. Chicago on the other hand hasn't lost against any of the other top 4 seeds in the East.

As a neutral, I have Chicago vs. LA in the finals. I really like Chicago but the Lakers just don't know how to lose in the playoffs. Also, Phil Jackson has won all of his titles in three peats. I'll take Chicago because of the home advantage knowing how loud the UC gets and how late the LA fans show up.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2011 11:19:37 AM
At 4/14/2011 10:24:56 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:
Miami has a losing record against teams with winning records. I can't see them winning multiple series against good teams. Chicago on the other hand hasn't lost against any of the other top 4 seeds in the East.

As a neutral, I have Chicago vs. LA in the finals.

Miami or Boston over Chicago.
President of DDO