Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2011 2:15:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
So who are your predictions and why ?

Also who wants to debate this :)

http://www.debate.org...
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Deistdude90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2011 6:03:33 PM
I'm thinking LA will take it.

Whoever comes out of the east will make it to the Finals in crutches. LA will probably get there in better shape than Chicago/Boston/Miami. I'm thinking Boston will make it to the Finals because they're experienced in clutch moments. Miami is 1-18 in shots made with less than 10 seconds left in the game. If they keep that trend up, the only way they would beat Boston is to knock them down, and stomp them on the throat (essentially, blow them out before Boston has chance to rally). I don't see Miami blowing Boston out for four games. That series will definitely come down to the wire, and that is Boston's advantage. That round will be a war.

Chicago is overrated. The only way I can see them beating Boston is if Boston is severely weakened by the Miami round. If somehow Boston can maintain its composure, they'll expose Chicago as the most overrated team in the league (which they probably are). But overrated doesn't mean bad either. They're still elite but not as cohesive as the Celtics or Lakers no matter how much ESPN analysts want you to believe. Celtics will then limp to the Finals.

Lakers would by far have the easier road. I think they'll beat Dallas in 5 or 6. Dirk and Pau would be an interesting match up, but not enough to decide the series. Jason Kidd is done. Bynum have his moments of brilliance. Kobe will be Kobe. Marion can't defend like he used to. Jason Terry will have his scoring spurts but not enough to impact the series. Then, they'll probably face OKC and beat them in 6. They'll try a little bit of what they did last year. Let Durant get his baskets, lockdown Russell Westbrook or whoever is on fire with Kobe. Slow down the tempo to stop OKC from running them out of the game.

Lakers then beat the dead Celtics who went to war with Miami and Chicago. It's the 80s all over again. Lakers skip to the Finals while the Celtics claw their way to the Finals. The only difference is that this Laker team is lazier than Magic's.
Deistdude90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2011 12:17:42 AM
So much for my prediction. I severly underestimated Dirk and the Mavs. Miami is probably going to take it unless the C's or Bulls can stop them, which I don't think they will, at least not based on how Miami has coalesced as a team. Seriously, though, I tip my hat to how fast the Heat built their team chemistry by the playoffs. Not an easy thing to pull off.

I really hope Dirk gets his ring though. Always liked that guy and his style. Even if Miami will probably win the Larry O'Brien trophy, I'm crossing my fingers that the Mavs get out of the West and win it all. I know it's wishful thinking.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2011 1:08:58 PM
At 5/7/2011 12:17:42 AM, Deistdude90 wrote:
So much for my prediction. I severly underestimated Dirk and the Mavs. Miami is probably going to take it unless the C's or Bulls can stop them, which I don't think they will, at least not based on how Miami has coalesced as a team. Seriously, though, I tip my hat to how fast the Heat built their team chemistry by the playoffs. Not an easy thing to pull off.

I really hope Dirk gets his ring though. Always liked that guy and his style. Even if Miami will probably win the Larry O'Brien trophy, I'm crossing my fingers that the Mavs get out of the West and win it all. I know it's wishful thinking.

Miami deserves it more in my opinion. Mainly LeBron James, I feel that his legacy is already far past w.e jason kidd or Dirk's is going to be. LeBron James needs this ring, and he has to stop the criticism. Dirk and Kidd will never be really criticized as harshly as LeBron will be. I Love Kidd, he is my all time favorite player, but LeBron s probably the hungriest player in the playoffs
Deistdude90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2011 11:11:02 PM
At 5/7/2011 1:08:58 PM, Loserboi wrote:

Miami deserves it more in my opinion. Mainly LeBron James, I feel that his legacy is already far past w.e jason kidd or Dirk's is going to be. LeBron James needs this ring, and he has to stop the criticism. Dirk and Kidd will never be really criticized as harshly as LeBron will be. I Love Kidd, he is my all time favorite player, but LeBron s probably the hungriest player in the playoffs

I agree with you on that. LeBron is the hungriest player in the league for the trophy. Had you brought this up, even a week ago, I would've disagreed but it seems like Kobe has lost his hunger. Maybe it's the wear and tear of 15 seasons + playoffs, but it looks like he's going through motions (at least that's what I saw in game 3). The only thing the Heat have to do is to figure out who's the go-to guy in gamewinning situations.

The reason why I want Dirk to get his ring was because his window is closing. It's like the Garnett thing. When KG was with Minnesota, everyone wanted him to get his ring before he retired. Even Minnesotans were going for the C's because of KG. The Heat are a dyansty that'll get at least 3-4 rings. But you're right, if LeBron is hungrier (which he probably is), then he deserves it. My only problem is that if Dirk doesn't get his ring, he'll be a forgotten great. People will say Pau's the greatest Euro player, when in reality, he was just a great sidekick. Similar thing with Kidd. I don't want people to say, Rondo>Kidd because of Rondo's ring.
Deistdude90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 11:28:13 PM
Wow, that was a crazy game. I just wanted to say one thing though (last thing). Laker fans have pissed me off completely.

I can't believe how LA has done a 180 on Pau Gasol. He played terribly, but nobody busts Kobe's chops when he shot jacks. F*ck LA fans and even Magic too for wanting Pau to be kicked out. Without Pau, these bastards would still be dreaming about making the Finals. Hell, Kobe would still be dealing with the "He can't do it without Shaq" stigma if it wasn't for Pau. I hope LA goes into a 22 year championship sleep like Boston did.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2011 4:30:46 PM
At 4/30/2011 6:03:33 PM, Deistdude90 wrote:
I'm thinking LA will take it.:

pwned.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2011 4:34:04 PM
At 5/12/2011 4:30:46 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

pwned.

I was just about to do that!
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Deistdude90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2011 1:12:19 PM
At 5/12/2011 4:34:04 PM, socialpinko wrote:

pwned.

Oh, I'm sorry, I'll pick out a better crystal ball next time because clearly you guys knew the Mavs would sweep the Lakers. Too bad you didn't call it.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 6:30:06 AM
At 4/30/2011 2:15:38 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
So who are your predictions and why ?

Also who wants to debate this :)

http://www.debate.org...

I like the Bulls against the Heat, but it's gonna be tough. Bulls have home court advantage, much more depth, and seem to match up pretty well defensively. They also know they have a chance to show that they're for real. Bulls won the regular season 3-0, but that works for the Heat in this series. It's hard to maintain that kind of record against a team that is potentially devastating, as Miami is. I say Bulls in 6, then they'll ride that confidence to the championship.
hemanthjava
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2011 6:24:18 AM
The 2011 NBA Finals will be the championship series of the 2010–11 NBA season and the conclusion of the season's playoffs. The champions of the Eastern Conference, the Miami Heat, will face the champions of the Western Conference, the Dallas Mavericks.

http://www.sportsbun.com...
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2011 6:33:55 AM
By the middle of the season I called Bulls vs Spurs in the Finals with Chicago winning the title. Obviously that prediction failed. But Miami is my team and obviously I'm rooting for them. Both the HEAT and Mavs are excellent teams and it could go either way.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2011 12:52:54 PM
At 5/14/2011 1:12:19 PM, Deistdude90 wrote:
At 5/12/2011 4:34:04 PM, socialpinko wrote:

pwned.

Oh, I'm sorry, I'll pick out a better crystal ball next time because clearly you guys knew the Mavs would sweep the Lakers. Too bad you didn't call it.

Wow total deja vu from the football playoffs. I'll have to find that post...
kfc
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2011 3:44:24 PM
http://uranus.ckt.net...

Pretty nice pic there. If you zoom in you can see the crowd. Some people have some really funny faces. For instance, if you go left from Dirk's left thigh, you'll see a lady wearing black who looks like she's just seen a ghost.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2011 5:29:33 PM
I am praying Miami wins, I don't wanna hear LeBron take anymore criticism its ridiculous that he takes so much crap. I want him to win this one ring so like half the naysayers will just STFU. Dirk loses another year nobody will really criticize him he will be forever cemented as the 4th or 5th greatest pf at best with or without a ring. LeBron could very well be the greatest SF in the history of the league and he should get his ring now.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2011 5:02:59 PM
http://online.wsj.com...

"This week's ad from discount retailer 99 Cents Only (NDN) takes a shot at Miami Heat star LeBron James. The offer, valid at Texas stores through Tuesday, calls for a discount to 75c "when you don't have a fourth quarter." James, who has faced intense criticism since leaving the Cleveland Cavaliers a year ago, failed to lead the Heat to an NBA title against the Dallas Mavericks and was derided by the media and fans for his lackluster 4Q performances. California-based NDN not immediately available for comment."

L O frickin' L
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 9:10:12 AM
At 6/16/2011 2:23:06 AM, MarquisX wrote:
FVck the Mavs. That is all.

The Heat got that half right, only they were fvcked by the Mavs, instead of being the pitchers.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2011 5:57:57 PM
Wow the sports forum sucks when football is out of season. We might as well just pack it away during that 2/3rds of the year when there's nothing going on wiith it...
kfc