Jump to topic:

Martial arts blackbelt

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2011 1:22:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
That's pretty much impossible to verify. If you're asking so you can get a blackbelt to wrap around your nuts, go to a krotty mcdojo, get a contract that guarantees a black belt in 1-3 years :P

Judo and BJJ take a really long time.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 12:40:41 AM
At 5/7/2011 1:22:32 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
That's pretty much impossible to verify. If you're asking so you can get a blackbelt to wrap around your nuts, go to a krotty mcdojo, get a contract that guarantees a black belt in 1-3 years :P

Judo and BJJ take a really long time.

I take BJJ right now and i heard it would probably take me a decade or more to get a black belt.

I heard taekwondo and Karate are the two that takes like 3-5
Heathen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 10:38:19 AM
It really all depends on the school. I have spent 10 years of my life dedicated to Tae Kwon Do, 8 years in one school and 2 in another. The first school I spent 8 years in I never obtained my black belt, belt tests were few and far between and there was a considerable amount of focus on perfection. The current school I have been in for only 2 years and my master said I should be ready for my black belt by this summer. Note that neither of these schools are chain schools such as Kick Connection, they are both small independant schools based locally around here.
"Once an object has been seen, it is impossible to put the mind back to the same condition it was in before it saw it." - Thomas Paine
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2011 1:05:36 AM
I was taking tae kwon do but I quit on my yellow belt a few days ago. Too boring for me...
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2011 12:16:53 AM
It can take an very long time and tons of money and effort to be a BJJ blackbelt. It's no laughing matter, I'm talking like 9-10 years. Judo is easier to get a BB than BJJ.