Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

Women's Softball

Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2011 10:23:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Yesterday I was surprised to see that women's college softball was on ESPN all day, as well as ESPN2 and ESPNU. I only watch baseball in the post season; I enjoyed playing softball growing up but it's so fvcking boring to watch. However, yesterday I watched the college tournament with Vi who's never seen/played baseball of any kind... and we friggin LOVED it.

I was under the impression that all softball girls were huge fat d*kes - but nay nay. While SOME are, there were a good handful of really attractive, completely legal hot girls playing! I think I can make a STRONG case that women's softball should seriously be pursued and intensely marketed. It is FAR more exciting to watch than men's baseball at ANY level, for both obvious and subtle reasons.

There is nothing about men's baseball that makes it anymore remotely exciting. One of the few differences is that men use a smaller ball and the pitcher's throw over-hand, making it a harder ball to hit. The result is a smaller median batting average compared to the softball teams, which I think is a negative for baseball. Hits are what make the game exciting. Part of why baseball is so boring is that it's very slow moving. More hits = more fielding = more fat a$ses aren't just lazing about in the outfield chanting annoying cheers (okay, that's the only real negative about softball).

Seriously, these girls are FAR more fun to watch. It's also harder to pitch underhand fast-pitch, so some of the better pitchers in the league are just super impressive. This one I saw yesterday was SUPER hot and she had this sassy sway of her hips when she walked back to the mound lol it was hilarious. I'm telling you guys - WOMEN'S SOFTBALL is where it's at! Imagine going to the bar with your friends and watching an intense game of "baseball" (because a lot of these girls are freakin GOOD) that's more fast paced and exciting, AND, you get to simultaneously be attracted to 50% of the players! I dunno man. I'm on board.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2011 10:26:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
It'd also be cool to have a women's sport succeed at some professional level. Soccer is really the only other mainstream sport I can think of where watching the women is just as enjoyable as watching men.
President of DDO
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2011 12:37:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/22/2011 10:30:14 AM, Danielle wrote:
Possibly volleyball. Most girls I've seen who play are attractive to boot ;)

Indeed, volleyball girls are usually very attractive in my personal experiences.

And nay, most softball players I know are huge dykes.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2011 12:42:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm watching woman's softball ATM. They're all a bunch of carpet eaters if you ask me.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Rob1_Billion
Posts: 1,300
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2011 12:54:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/22/2011 12:42:16 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I'm watching woman's softball ATM. They're all a bunch of carpet eaters if you ask me.

My friend watches the women's softball, and he likes the "softball a55," as he calls it; that thickness in the thighs that seems to be prevalent amongst the players.
kfc
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2011 1:07:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/22/2011 12:54:10 PM, Rob1_Billion wrote:
At 5/22/2011 12:42:16 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I'm watching woman's softball ATM. They're all a bunch of carpet eaters if you ask me.

My friend watches the women's softball, and he likes the "softball a55," as he calls it; that thickness in the thighs that seems to be prevalent amongst the players.

Its kind of funny how people seem to think that athletic woman are unattractive while the effect is the exact opposite on athletic men.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2011 1:12:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/22/2011 12:42:16 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I'm watching woman's softball ATM. They're all a bunch of carpet eaters if you ask me.

Yeah, because you have so much experience judging women :P

From what I picked up yesterday, at least a quarter of the girls were straight. Keep in mind the better teams probably have more lesbians (lol) and I was watching the playoffs. Even if most of the girls are gay, who cares as long as they're cute? As I said, some are fat and ugly, but many are attractive... and that's no different to how some girls are fat and ugly in society in general. I'm saying there are a bunch of cute girls, and guys are going to be attracted to at least a few compared with zero of the men. Since sports are mainly marketed to men, and so is sex, then why not combine the two? If I ever become a rich investor I'm gonna take this idea all the way to the bank, because I'll execute it right ;)
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2011 1:13:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/22/2011 1:07:31 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Its kind of funny how people seem to think that athletic woman are unattractive while the effect is the exact opposite on athletic men.

In 6th grade a boyfriend broke up with me because I beat him at basketball.
President of DDO
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2011 1:29:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/22/2011 1:13:24 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 5/22/2011 1:07:31 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Its kind of funny how people seem to think that athletic woman are unattractive while the effect is the exact opposite on athletic men.

In 6th grade a boyfriend broke up with me because I beat him at basketball.

Lol seriously?
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2011 2:25:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/22/2011 12:54:10 PM, Rob1_Billion wrote:
At 5/22/2011 12:42:16 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I'm watching woman's softball ATM. They're all a bunch of carpet eaters if you ask me.
My friend watches the women's softball, and he likes the "softball a55," as he calls it; that thickness in the thighs that seems to be prevalent amongst the players.

Is your friend fat? I find that unattractive.

At 5/22/2011 1:12:32 PM, Danielle wrote:
From what I picked up yesterday, at least a quarter of the girls were straight.

Lol, it's probably much more than that. I doubt 75% of college softball players are lesbians.

Since sports are mainly marketed to men, and so is sex, then why not combine the two? If I ever become a rich investor I'm gonna take this idea all the way to the bank, because I'll execute it right ;)

Lingerie football has already been invented. Besides, college softball players wear too much clothing and they aren't doing anything sexy. Women's beach volleyball does decently well. Overall though, all women's sports suck.
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2011 2:31:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/22/2011 10:26:15 AM, Danielle wrote:
It'd also be cool to have a women's sport succeed at some professional level. Soccer is really the only other mainstream sport I can think of where watching the women is just as enjoyable as watching men.

Women's tennis is almost as popular as men's, but tbh, I find it boring as hell. Women just suck at tennis. Sorry :(

I totally agree with everything you've said about softball, though.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2011 3:00:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/22/2011 2:31:22 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 5/22/2011 10:26:15 AM, Danielle wrote:
It'd also be cool to have a women's sport succeed at some professional level. Soccer is really the only other mainstream sport I can think of where watching the women is just as enjoyable as watching men.

Women's tennis is almost as popular as men's, but tbh, I find it boring as hell. Women just suck at tennis. Sorry :(

I like when Maria Sharapova groans, it's pretty hot.
tornshoe92
Posts: 361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2011 5:15:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I've found that I couldn't really watch baseball until I started playing pick-up games with my friends. For some reason that made it much more fun to watch. About softball however, I've gotten into watching just a little since coming to college but mostly because most softball women beat looking at a women's basketball team anyday.
"Next time I see a little old lady going to church I am going kick her in the ovaries because she is personally responsible for this. Thanks Izbo." -C_N
Rob1_Billion
Posts: 1,300
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2011 9:12:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/22/2011 1:13:24 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 5/22/2011 1:07:31 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Its kind of funny how people seem to think that athletic woman are unattractive while the effect is the exact opposite on athletic men.

In 6th grade a boyfriend broke up with me because I beat him at basketball.

In 6th grade my girlfriend broke up with me because I combed my hair differently. I did it kind of like Bart Simpson does when he goes to church, you know with the part in the middle...
kfc
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2011 9:51:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/22/2011 5:15:18 PM, tornshoe92 wrote:
I've found that I couldn't really watch baseball until I started playing pick-up games with my friends. For some reason that made it much more fun to watch. About softball however, I've gotten into watching just a little since coming to college but mostly because most softball women beat looking at a women's basketball team anyday.

Most sports are like that, when you've played them you understand a lot better what's going on and can appreciate it a lot more.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Rob1_Billion
Posts: 1,300
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 7:51:47 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/22/2011 2:25:03 PM, Nags wrote:
At 5/22/2011 12:54:10 PM, Rob1_Billion wrote:
At 5/22/2011 12:42:16 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I'm watching woman's softball ATM. They're all a bunch of carpet eaters if you ask me.
My friend watches the women's softball, and he likes the "softball a55," as he calls it; that thickness in the thighs that seems to be prevalent amongst the players.

Is your friend fat? I find that unattractive.

He's definitely not skinny, but not totally obese. He stays fit enough to play softball (he's a home-rin hitter, not much of a base-runner obvously).

At 5/22/2011 1:12:32 PM, Danielle wrote:
From what I picked up yesterday, at least a quarter of the girls were straight.

Lol, it's probably much more than that. I doubt 75% of college softball players are lesbians.

Since sports are mainly marketed to men, and so is sex, then why not combine the two? If I ever become a rich investor I'm gonna take this idea all the way to the bank, because I'll execute it right ;)

Lingerie football has already been invented. Besides, college softball players wear too much clothing and they aren't doing anything sexy. Women's beach volleyball does decently well. Overall though, all women's sports suck.
kfc
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 4:44:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
My 6th grade girl friend broke up with me because... wait... I didn't have a girl friend until the end of 10th grade... :(
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 4:45:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
But really, I find it comical, that the defence for women's softball is for the "attractiveness" of the players, and not for their athletic abilities.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Rob1_Billion
Posts: 1,300
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 4:47:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/22/2011 10:26:15 AM, Danielle wrote:
It'd also be cool to have a women's sport succeed at some professional level. Soccer is really the only other mainstream sport I can think of where watching the women is just as enjoyable as watching men.

If it were not for the Pack, The UWGB women's basketball team would be the runaway sensation of the town. Women's basketball has a pretty good following with the university crowd.
kfc
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2011 12:05:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/23/2011 4:45:00 PM, OreEle wrote:
But really, I find it comical, that the defence for women's softball is for the "attractiveness" of the players, and not for their athletic abilities.

You misunderstood. I repeatedly said that they are just as fun to watch as men. Sure they aren't as athletic in the sense that men with bigger builds will inevitably be able to throw harder, run faster, hit further, etc... But I explained that women can also hit homeruns, and many of them make stellar plays and are excellent, admirable athletes. Did you not see my tip of the hat to underhand pitchers in particular? (And also to their credit, softball pitchers often pitch about 5 innings a few days in a row whereas baseball pitchers need more time in between to rest.)

I did say, however, that MARKETING this would be facilitated by their attractiveness. That's no different than how movies, consumer products, heck even politics is now marketed by attractiveness and sexual appeal. I'm not in any way suggesting that these women are hyper-sexualized though via lingerie uniforms or anything like that. I don't want them to be necessarily exploited in this regard either. I'm just saying it's a positive reality. I prefer watching women play, and their looks are a factor. There's no denying that for myself and others.

Also this dichotomy is a good indication of feminist paradoxes; on one hand it'd be empowering if women started getting similar opportunities via sports as men, but on the other it could be demeaning if sexuality is used explicitly to get these opportunities... However, many women find using their sexuality (or being allowed to if they so choose) as empowering in itself. It's an interesting discussion for sure :)
President of DDO