Jump to topic:

Baseball

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 6:20:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I know that many people here are not baseball fans, but for those that are. What team(s) do you follow? Have you always been a fan, regardless to the good years or lack there of?

A co-worker of mine and I have a bet as to who will have the better season, the Cubs or the Mariners.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 6:54:58 PM
I'm a fan of the Red Sox, but I'm not too passionate at all. Baseball is too boring.

My favorite sports to watch/follow:
1. NFL
2. NBA
3. NCAA Football
4. Tennis
5. MLB

MLB used to be #1 when I was younger. Probably because I loved going to Fenway Park.

And I think the Cubbies will end up with a better record than the Mariners.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 7:06:30 PM
At 5/23/2011 6:54:58 PM, Nags wrote:
I'm a fan of the Red Sox, but I'm not too passionate at all. Baseball is too boring.

1. NFL
2. NBA
3. NCAA Football
4. Tennis
5. MLB

MLB used to be #1 when I was younger. Probably because I loved going to Fenway Park.

Watching a single game can be boring, but it really comes to life when you follow more than just the games. In fact, I rarly watch the games, and focus more on the stats and metrics.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 9:10:01 PM

1. NFL - Packers baby!
2. Tennis
3. MLB

MLB used to be #1 when I was younger. Probably because I loved going to see the Pawsox.

Without changing very much, your post was eerily close to what I would have said. Before baseball fell off in the mid-nineties, I was an avid card-collector, and my interest died with the strike. I grew up in RI near the Pawsox, and only got to go to Fenway once. Where I'm from there is a bitter rivalry between the Sox and Yankees... I may start learning about the Sox again so I can talk sh*t to all the Brewers fans around here, or maybe I'll root for them too. Who knows, all my stock is in football because it's freaking awesome and I absolutely can't wait to see the young Packers team dominate the NFL like it's never been dominated since the 07' Pats. This is our true SB year, we just got lucky last year. DYNASTY, BABY
kfc
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 9:12:02 PM
At 5/23/2011 7:06:30 PM, OreEle wrote:

1. NFL
2. NBA
3. NCAA Football
4. Tennis
5. MLB

Watching a single game can be boring, but it really comes to life when you follow more than just the games. In fact, I rarly watch the games, and focus more on the stats and metrics.

If the Brewers weren't a perpetual joke then I would probably follow it more, since there's a lot of coverage out here of them. Baseball seems to be like basketball where some teams are good forever and some never are. They need a salary cap I think.
kfc
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2011 12:15:00 PM
Growing up I liked both the Mets and the Yankees; however, considering the Yankees are by far the more successful team and the favorite team of those around me, I'd say they were my favorite of the two just because I've been to their games far more times, followed their team more closely (since it was more likely they'd be the ones in the post season) and own more of their memorabilia and stuff. Plus, there is an element of charisma in the Yankee organization that the Mets and most other teams just simply lack. The Mets don't have a Derek Jeter that I grew up watching either. The Mets don't have flare. Everybody loves to hate the Yankees, and I can relate ;)

Even if the Mets lost but seemed passionate, I'd probably like them more. The Mets have gone way downhill since Piazza though, except for an almost comeback in 2006 I believe it was. I think there was a Subway Series (Mets vs. Yankees) championship in 2000 as well. Anyway I do hate the Red Sox -- it's a dumb sports rivalry that somehow seems justified to me after my visit to Boston, but other than that I agree with most others in that I usually just keep up with the stats and highlights via Sports Center, but don't enjoy watching too many games. It's boring.
President of DDO
tornshoe92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2011 2:19:06 AM
I'm a Rangers fan but that didn't really start until a few years ago when I started playing pick-up games with my friends again. It also might have to do with me choosing to go to school 5 minutes from the ballpark.
"Next time I see a little old lady going to church I am going kick her in the ovaries because she is personally responsible for this. Thanks Izbo." -C_N
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2011 6:40:45 PM
At 5/23/2011 6:20:22 PM, OreEle wrote:
I know that many people here are not baseball fans, but for those that are. What team(s) do you follow? Have you always been a fan, regardless to the good years or lack there of?

A co-worker of mine and I have a bet as to who will have the better season, the Cubs or the Mariners.

I've been a long suffering, die-hard Cubbie fan since '72. They're 35-51 so I hope for your sake that you bet on Seattle.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 11:25:21 AM
There are some very good baseball players in America and I predict that the United States will do very well in this year's World Series – in fact, they might even win it, you never know.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 2:44:36 AM
At 5/24/2011 12:15:00 PM, Danielle wrote:
Growing up I liked both the Mets and the Yankees; however, considering the Yankees are by far the more successful team and the favorite team of those around me, I'd say they were my favorite of the two just because I've been to their games far more times, followed their team more closely (since it was more likely they'd be the ones in the post season) and own more of their memorabilia and stuff. Plus, there is an element of charisma in the Yankee organization that the Mets and most other teams just simply lack. The Mets don't have a Derek Jeter that I grew up watching either. The Mets don't have flare. Everybody loves to hate the Yankees, and I can relate ;)

Even if the Mets lost but seemed passionate, I'd probably like them more. The Mets have gone way downhill since Piazza though, except for an almost comeback in 2006 I believe it was. I think there was a Subway Series (Mets vs. Yankees) championship in 2000 as well. Anyway I do hate the Red Sox -- it's a dumb sports rivalry that somehow seems justified to me after my visit to Boston, but other than that I agree with most others in that I usually just keep up with the stats and highlights via Sports Center, but don't enjoy watching too many games. It's boring.

Yankees... that's what I'm talkin about.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 3:20:59 PM
At 7/5/2011 11:25:21 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
There are some very good baseball players in America and I predict that the United States will do very well in this year's World Series – in fact, they might even win it, you never know.

this lol