Total Posts:6|Showing Posts:1-6
Jump to topic:

Revoke All of Tressel's Wins at Ohio St.

HisFlyness
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2011 11:02:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
This Sports Illustrated article claims that Tressel knew about improper benefits going to players as back as 2002. This "no nonsense" and "character first" coach has known his program has been dirty the entire time. If the NCAA really wants to make an example out of a team, they should do it to one of the biggest programs and one of the biggest cheaters ever. The NCAA is just as crooked as OSU was/is, so I doubt it (they're all in it for the money, too), but how may more schools will crack down on improper benefits if they take down one of the big boys' decade of winning? Seems fair to me. Seems really, really fair to me.
"Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost." - Tolkein...or Babe Ruth. One of those guys.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2011 1:12:21 PM
At 5/31/2011 11:02:42 AM, HisFlyness wrote:
This Sports Illustrated article claims that Tressel knew about improper benefits going to players as back as 2002. This "no nonsense" and "character first" coach has known his program has been dirty the entire time. If the NCAA really wants to make an example out of a team, they should do it to one of the biggest programs and one of the biggest cheaters ever. The NCAA is just as crooked as OSU was/is, so I doubt it (they're all in it for the money, too), but how may more schools will crack down on improper benefits if they take down one of the big boys' decade of winning? Seems fair to me. Seems really, really fair to me.

What he did wasn't "cheating" as it did not effect the games in any way. He simply broke an outside-of-game rule (more of a code of conduct).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2011 2:56:24 PM
At 5/31/2011 1:12:21 PM, OreEle wrote:

What he did wasn't "cheating" as it did not effect the games in any way. He simply broke an outside-of-game rule (more of a code of conduct).

Incentivizing players affects the game by affecting who plays in it.

Of course, official practice of sports revisionism, wiping out a decade of history, is moronic.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2011 3:39:23 PM
At 5/31/2011 2:56:24 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 5/31/2011 1:12:21 PM, OreEle wrote:

Incentivizing players affects the game by affecting who plays in it.

Of course, official practice of sports revisionism, wiping out a decade of history, is moronic.

Can you provide any evidence that there was a single player that would have chosen to not play if they were not provided with "tattoos, cars, or cash" from this scandal?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 8:19:07 AM
At 5/31/2011 3:39:23 PM, OreEle wrote:
Can you provide any evidence that there was a single player that would have chosen to not play if they were not provided with "tattoos, cars, or cash" from this scandal?

It's not that they wouldn't play; it's that they would not necessarily have played for THAT team.
President of DDO