Paintball

jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2011 1:00:36 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/13/2011 11:43:35 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
Anypaint ball..ballers (I guess) on here?

What gun brand do you prefer?

Tippman. Solid reliable marker.
Forest or inflateable course?

Woods. Only.
Armor?

Poosies. ;)

I used to play backing the 90's. Loved it. I've been thinking about picking it back up. Great way to stay in shape, if you like to play hard.

Ever heard of this. http://en.m.wikipedia.org...
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2011 1:09:32 AM

I love paintball.

Not sure.

Forest.
Armor?

Never used armor.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2011 1:15:44 AM
At 7/14/2011 1:00:36 AM, jharry wrote:

Tippman. Solid reliable marker.

Agreed. Spyder sucks.

Woods. Only.

Yep
Armor?

Poosies. ;)

I'm saving for a gillie hood and top. :))
I used to play backing the 90's. Loved it. I've been thinking about picking it back up. Great way to stay in shape, if you like to play hard.

Ever heard of this.

SCENARIOS are the best shiit I've ever done. I've done a hostage scenario, and thats it. I saw on youtube a DDay scenario...fking awesome.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2011 8:37:14 PM
I prefer airsoft to paint ball, but love both.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2011 9:35:59 PM
I played a couple times back in the day but I couldn't keep it going. I don't like hobbies/sports that are mostly about $; I don't have the money to blow $100 just for a BARREL. And the woods suck if you ask me. The movies might make it look cool, like you can jump out of a tree and surprise them or something, but what really happens is that the only way you can conceal yourself is to camp. Whoever is moving is at the disadvantage, which doesn't make for a good game.

I'd rather play in an arena with hallways and places to duck, escape, etc. And instead of just spraying the place up, I'd rather just play with pistols where your shots mean more so that strategy replaces who can spend the most on more powerful or accurate weapons.
Rob
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2011 1:27:12 AM
At 7/14/2011 8:37:14 PM, phantom wrote:

Airsoft's for poosies. Its like nerf...except shoots faster and has real looking guns.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2011 1:28:47 AM
At 7/14/2011 9:35:59 PM, Lasagna wrote:
I played a couple times back in the day but I couldn't keep it going. I don't like hobbies/sports that are mostly about $; I don't have the money to blow $100 just for a BARREL. And the woods suck if you ask me. The movies might make it look cool, like you can jump out of a tree and surprise them or something, but what really happens is that the only way you can conceal yourself is to camp. Whoever is moving is at the disadvantage, which doesn't make for a good game.

I'd rather play in an arena with hallways and places to duck, escape, etc. And instead of just spraying the place up, I'd rather just play with pistols where your shots mean more so that strategy replaces who can spend the most on more powerful or accurate weapons.

If its a non objective game then yeah, camp. But I do a lot of CTF and its great. Storming a base under fire is an experience only war and paintball can give.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2011 1:31:49 AM

no preference

Natural course, or plantation (large house with large field, mainly doing raids)

Armor?

just googles, sometimes face mask.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2011 9:22:50 AM
At 7/14/2011 9:35:59 PM, Lasagna wrote:

We got the chance to play in an old aluminum factory once. That was pretty intense. There was a large office wing like you mentioned. Along with large machinery, catwalks and an extensive basement.

We were able to use the site for about a year, some of the best games we ever had.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2011 10:55:42 AM
At 7/15/2011 1:27:12 AM, Rockylightning wrote:

Airsoft's for poosies. Its like nerf...except shoots faster and has real looking guns.

How can you compare airsoft to nerf?
I play with people who have 350 to 400 fps machine guns. Trust me, it hurts. Last time I played I got shot by a 400fps gas pistol and my arm was bleeding for a while.

I would play paint ball more if I had a gun and knew more people who preferred it to airsoft.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2011 11:00:15 AM
At 7/15/2011 10:55:42 AM, phantom wrote:

I play with people who have 350 to 400 fps machine guns. Trust me, it hurts. Last time I played I got shot by a 400fps gas pistol and my arm was bleeding for a while.

I would play paint ball more if I had a gun and knew more people who preferred it to airsoft.

I prefer it to airsoft because it is much clearer if someone has been shot.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2011 11:33:50 AM
At 7/15/2011 11:00:15 AM, OreEle wrote:

I prefer it to airsoft because it is much clearer if someone has been shot.

It depends what type of game you're playing. I personally don't like games where it's one shot and you're dead or something like that. That way I'll admit paintball is better. But I like just playing two teams no rules except if you surrender you join the other team, or are out of the game. Or free for all surrender.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2011 11:44:57 AM
Yeah, I like the raid stuff (not sure what it is actually called).

But one team is in a large barn (I typically do this at a vineyard), defending that location, and another starts outside in a field, and they try to get in and grab a flag or something (sometimes we use a file folder or briefcase).

They are fun because there is always 1 or 2 snipers (or wannabe snipers, lol) on the roof.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2011 5:16:41 PM

Another main difference is with bullet movement. The sniper in my photos shoots 350-400 fps and the bullet arcs up at long ranges. Its BS. While paintballs arc down at long ranges, making it so you can arc your shot at long distances. You can't arc your shot down...
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2011 5:17:31 PM
At 7/15/2011 11:44:57 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Yeah, I like the raid stuff (not sure what it is actually called).

But one team is in a large barn (I typically do this at a vineyard), defending that location, and another starts outside in a field, and they try to get in and grab a flag or something (sometimes we use a file folder or briefcase).

They are fun because there is always 1 or 2 snipers (or wannabe snipers, lol) on the roof.

Forts make the game awesome. There is a fort where I go with a guard tower, and all the "snipers" sit up there and pick people off. It's great.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 11:15:56 AM
I just noticed an indoor paintball facility in town. I'm inclined to try it, especially after this thread, but I have no time and no money. hmm.
Rob
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2011 1:16:57 AM
At 7/21/2011 11:15:56 AM, Lasagna wrote:
I just noticed an indoor paintball facility in town. I'm inclined to try it, especially after this thread, but I have no time and no money. hmm.

Indoor isnt as good. Especially if its inflatables.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 2:46:52 PM
Love paintball, I play with a Classic Automag 68, I prefer outdoor woods fields with some bunkers. Preferably scenario games. Armor, nope... just a mask camo pants and t-shirt or Jersey.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
rubby
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 3:54:12 AM
Jimmerson to visit Eagles camping Wednesday, stop holdout

DeSean Jackson's holdout does seem ending.NFL System stated which Jimmerson found its way to Philadelphia within On the overnight. That two-time Expert Sink wideout is predicted to help you report to Silver eagles camp Saturday, the entire Philadelphia Inquirer claimed Tuesday, quoting a resource close to the expert.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2011 1:54:20 AM
At 8/12/2011 2:46:52 PM, izbo10 wrote:
Love paintball, I play with a Classic Automag 68, I prefer outdoor woods fields with some bunkers. Preferably scenario games. Armor, nope... just a mask camo pants and t-shirt or Jersey.

Armor is for poosees.