what are the most physically demanding sports

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2011 11:30:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Tlachtli.
It's like basketball except the rules physically demand that the losing team die.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 2:12:03 PM
depending on how much we want to dive into semantics, life is the most physically demanding sport.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
kingoftroy181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 11:24:01 AM
Wrestling - no other sport requires as extensive weight control, plus 1 minute of wrestling with constant motion can equal running 4 miles, but more like 3 miles. 1 wrestling match is 6 minutes in high school so 18 miles per match up to 5 matches per day. 90 miles is a possibility in 1 tournament.
Cobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 1:15:56 PM
At 8/5/2011 11:24:01 AM, kingoftroy181 wrote:
Wrestling - no other sport requires as extensive weight control, plus 1 minute of wrestling with constant motion can equal running 4 miles, but more like 3 miles. 1 wrestling match is 6 minutes in high school so 18 miles per match up to 5 matches per day. 90 miles is a possibility in 1 tournament.

I've seen wrestling....and no.
I say the most demanding is either Soccer(futbol) or basketball.
Soccer has so much running it's not even funning(90 minutes).
Bastketball also has alot of running(not as much), but is also very physically demanding.
This is coming from a guy that has done many a sports in his small life.
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 1:47:56 PM
Grappling is a lot more exhausting than it looks, but I dunno about the mile comparisons, especially as one minute is an impossible mile time. You're using your muscles in completely different ways.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2011 10:44:39 AM
I would think that the most physically demanding sports are ones that require strength, endurance and durability. I would say that boxing therefore ranks first; however, MMA is a lot more intense considering it's boxing and then some, so MMA would be first on my list. After that would come football, just because the competitors are massively strong and you've got to be able to take a lot of hits. It also helps to be fast. Soccer is definitely a sport that requires a lot of endurance and agility, but you don't need to be super strong to participate and don't typically see a lot of people getting really hurt. I think MMA also ranks first because you need good hand-eye coordination and have got to sort of outsmart your opponent as well as out-compete. You need to demonstrate dominance in a lot of ways, especially physically. It's not just about throwing, catching or kicking a ball -- it's body vs. body and then some.
President of DDO
freedomsquared
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2011 6:01:26 PM
At 7/27/2011 2:11:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Wizard's chess

Fixed
But it's Norway, sort of the Canada of Europe."
-innomen

http://www.debate.org...
-humorous debate with brian_eggleston

-tournament debate, need votes
theitalianstallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2011 12:36:21 PM
Mixed Martial Arts and Ultramarathons.

MMA for reasons already stated.

Ultramarathons are, IMO, much harder. There is no specific distance or time frame to define an ultramarathon by, save that it is longer than 26.2 miles, and this being so, varies from race to race. In some races, the winner is the first to complete a set distance, which can range from 31 miles to 100 miles; and in others, the winner is the competitor who covered the most distance in the given time frame, sometimes up to 6 days. In ultramarathons, competitors must not just be masters of endurance, but also must be able to adapt to changing conditions on courses (change in elevation, weather and terrain).
When Reach fell, I came.
freedomsquared
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2011 12:47:11 PM
At 8/6/2011 6:01:26 PM, freedomsquared wrote:
At 7/27/2011 2:11:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Wizard's chess

Fixed

Oh, also Iron man athletes. Swimming over 2 miles, biking over 100 miles, and then running a marathon is ridiculous.
But it's Norway, sort of the Canada of Europe."
-innomen

-humorous debate with brian_eggleston

-tournament debate, need votes
rubby
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 3:55:42 AM
Jimmerson to visit Eagles camping Wednesday, stop holdout

DeSean Jackson's holdout does seem ending.NFL System stated which Jimmerson found its way to Philadelphia within On the overnight. That two-time Expert Sink wideout is predicted to help you report to Silver eagles camp Saturday, the entire Philadelphia Inquirer claimed Tuesday, quoting a resource close to the expert.

===========================
randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 4:29:47 PM
At 8/15/2011 3:55:42 AM, rubby wrote:
Jimmerson to visit Eagles camping Wednesday, stop holdout

DeSean Jackson's holdout does seem ending.NFL System stated which Jimmerson found its way to Philadelphia within On the overnight. That two-time Expert Sink wideout is predicted to help you report to Silver eagles camp Saturday, the entire Philadelphia Inquirer claimed Tuesday, quoting a resource close to the expert.

===========================

lolwut?
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"
Lionheart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 5:31:55 PM
Any physical sport that causes a person to exert all of there physical energy is just as demanding as any other physical sport that does the same. This is my opinion at least.

If you mean what sport causes this process to happen the fastest.... I would vote for the World Strongman Competitions.
"Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power."

- Lionheart -
LeoL
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 8:57:52 PM
At 7/27/2011 6:38:43 PM, knick-knack wrote:
If you're a camel?

Camel Wrestling

LMAO wtf
Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? -Douglas Adams
auggie777
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2011 5:19:02 PM
You guys are idiots. 1. soccer, they run constantly. 2. motocross, Racing 30 minute motos on the most beat, rough, and rutted tracks. and football?? really? ya you get hit but that doesnt even hurt that bad, and they only run for like 30 seconds than stop and take a break. its not hard.
just sayin
Godsconservativegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2011 6:54:31 PM
At 7/23/2011 11:27:22 PM, flames wrote:
list what you consider the most physically demanding sports and why

Wrestling and Football. in wrestling, you have to actually Hit, Grab, attack the other person. In football, you tackle the other people, and other people tackle you, sometimes, the whole entire team will tackle you, lol
"John 3:16 For God so Loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth on him shall not perish, but shall have ever lasting life."

God'sconservativegirl :)
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 11:27:48 PM
Ironman triathalon
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Godsconservativegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2011 8:59:01 PM
At 10/29/2011 11:27:48 PM, sadolite wrote:
Ironman triathalon

I forgot about that! that's a good example! :)
"John 3:16 For God so Loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth on him shall not perish, but shall have ever lasting life."

God'sconservativegirl :)