Jump to topic:

Jets Cowboys

Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 10:10:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
What a game so far... Romo is such a douche for trying to dive into the endzone like that. He's a good QB as far as the tangibles are concerned, but he makes decisions that you have to just attribute to his bad attitude.
Rob
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 11:44:44 PM
This game changed my opinion of Romo. I thought he could be great, even after the bobbled snap in 06, the WTF pick against the giants in 07, the injury in 08, the 44-3 loss to Philly in the same year, and the poor play in '10. I thought it was a phase that would go away with experience. After this game I realize that he will never grow out of his inconsistency and wtf turnovers, even after making that his #1 goal for this year. That throw to an injured receiver being covered by the best corner in the league is simply unacceptable, as is the fumble. I am am convinced that we will never be contenders with him leading the team.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 3:57:10 AM
I thought Romo really f'ked up this game, but Romo is a good quarterback, an excellent quarterback actually. He reminds me a lot of Brett Favre with his wtf plays.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 8:06:28 AM
Romo is an excellent QB if you only look at his tangibles and his play in games of low importance. The problem with Romo is his celebritism. He's too preoccupied with his own pride, chumming up to George W. and his hollywood girlfriends. He wants to be the hero in every game so he forces plays and turns to his anger when the pressure is on. His decision-making is absolutely horrible...

The comparison to Favre is valid I suppose, although Favre was better at what he did. Favre brought Green Bay a trophy, but he threw several of them out the window in the process. I don't think Romo is as complete as Favre and I don't think that Romo can be successful without refinement.
Rob
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 8:19:18 AM
Tony Romo is and will always be the most overrated and incompetent quarterback in the NFL. I have been saying this for the past 5 years and I wont stop now.
Las night was proof.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 11:33:58 AM
From ESPN.com

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- We've watched Tony Romo tease us too many times to be surprised by what happened Sunday night at MetLife Stadium.

It was classic Romo.

He passed for 342 yards with a pair of touchdowns, finishing the game with a 101.9 passer rating.

But all Dallas Cowboys fans will want to talk about Monday morning is Romo's two fourth-quarter gaffes that helped the New York Jets rally for a 27-24 victory.

Here's some perspective: The Cowboys had been 240-0-1 when leading by 14 points in the fourth quarter, according to Elias Sports Bureau.

You can start by talking about the the fumble. Or you can go straight to the interception.

It doesn't really matter. Both were devastating.

"It's just disappointing and frustrating right now because we win that football game if I don't do what I did," Romo said of his interception with 49 seconds left.

"It's hard to swallow knowing we lost the game because of me. We work very hard to make sure that we're put in those positions to win the game. I have to do better. That's the bottom line."

It's certainly noble of Romo to accept responsibility for the loss, but we were going to blame him anyway. He's too talented to keep making the same mistakes season after season, right?

Maybe not.

After all, we're talking about a 31-year-old quarterback with multiple Pro Bowl appearances who's in his fifth season as a starter, but he's just 1-7 in his past eight games as a starter. And he has just one playoff win.

Romo has the talent to become one of the game's elite quarterbacks, and his mental acumen and physical skills should be in perfect harmony the next 2-3 seasons.

This team has the talent to exceed expectations, if Romo quits making critical mistakes.

Romo's fumble occurred with Dallas leading 24-17 and 8:59 left. A 67-yard catch-and-run by Jason Witten gave the Cowboys a first-and-goal from the Jets' 3. On third-and-goal, Romo rolled right and cut back left when he couldn't find a receiver.

For a moment, a lane opened and Romo tried to sprint through it. Then it closed.

He fumbled, and the Jets recovered at 2. Sure, Romo was trying to protect the ball -- he held it tight against his body -- but obviously he didn't do a good enough job.

It's not like the Jets knocked him silly on the play. In that situation, Romo simply can't fumble.

Fall down. Take the sack. Slide. Just don't fumble, because a short field goal would've given the Cowboys a 10-point lead, virtually guaranteeing them victory.

Still, the Cowboys had a chance to overcome the fumble and a blocked punt returned for a touchdown that tied the score at 24-24.

The Cowboys had the ball at their 41 with 59 seconds left, plenty of time to get in position for a game-winning field goal.

On second and 10, Romo forced a pass to Dez Bryant that Darrelle Revis intercepted.

Dumb.

In that situation, overtime is the worst thing that should've happened. No quarterback in his right mind challenges Revis -- the game's best cornerback -- in that situation.

All you need to know is Dallas has now lost nine games by a touchdown or less since the start of last season. They've lost seven when they were tied or leading in the fourth quarter. Jason Garrett has lost four games as head coach by a total of 10 points.

Four plays after Revis' interception, former Cowboys kicker Nick Folk drilled a 50-yard field goal with 27 seconds left.

"I thought Tony did a really nice job throughout most of the game," Garrett said. "He'd probably like to have a couple of those plays back, but that's the nature of the position. One of the things I've known about him is he has a great resiliency about him."

He'll need it this week.
Rob
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 5:18:34 PM
I also think the playcalling on that fumble drive was questionable. Its first and goal at the 3, and they call two straight passes. Not the ideal plays to run against the Jets secondary.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:08:26 AM
Every single thing you guys have said about Romo is spot-on. It begs the question of whether or not Jon Kitna would have been better off starting that game after all. The reason I say that is because they certainly would not have attempted 2 passes there at the end when it was first and goal at the 3 (w.t.f.). I don't understand why Romo kept trying to pass to a hurt Dez Bryant either when he was covered by arguably the best corner in the league. This guy really needs to get over his own ego. His personality reminds me of Eli Manning's, except Romo's got more guts. I definitely don't think Romo is comparable to Favre, but he's capable of being elite for sure.

I definitely screamed after the blocked punt/interception. I was watching the game with some girl who knows nothing about football, so I was trying to explain the game as it went on. When they blocked the punt (and scored no less), I was like "This never happens! This is awesome!" lol. Rob, I definitely did jump out of my seat with the 50 yard field goal -- I was NOT expecting that! :D
President of DDO
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:22:27 AM
Every single thing you guys have said about Romo is spot-on. It begs the question of whether or not Jon Kitna would have been better off starting that game after all.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com...

Romo's ego was hurt when their TE Bennett suggested Kitna ought to have a chance to challenge for the spot, so Romo chastized him for it. After all it's not a competition - Romo is the rightful heir to the QB spot.

I definitely don't think Romo is comparable to Favre, but he's capable of being elite for sure.

There was a marked difference, even if the results ended up being similar. This is all speculation, but it seems to me that Favre forced plays because he had faith in himself and his team. Romo seems to force plays only when he's flustered; in essence, he is angry and his pride is on the line.
Rob
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:24:01 AM
What was up with Mark Sanchez? The Jets' offense was really disappointing. This was supposed to be his coming-of-age season, I thought, considering it's his third year starting and given all of his accomplishments against big-name teams like the Colts and the Patriots over the past few years, in the post-season no less. However he looked completely rattled and made some pretty terrible throws. I'm going to chalk that up to Rob Ryan's great defense instead of take it as a sign that the Jets' offense isn't particularly strong :/ I still love Mark though *swoon*

Eh, the Cowboys should have won that game. The Jets have the better defensive players but their defensive coaching was great, like I said. Their offense was better than the Jets' too. Why couldn't we establish any type of run game whatsoever?! Again, I'll chalk it up to the Cowboys D. Romo did actually have a decent game. I think people are going to be a little more wary of the Cowboys now after this game. Maybe this will light a spark under them to do better. Even though the Cowboys are my 2nd least favorite team (only behind the Pats, obviously) I'd still like to see them fix their mistakes and improve. It's one of those things where I just genuinely love the game and care more about that than supporting or bashing particular teams (the Patriots can go to Hell though) :P
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:25:17 AM
At 9/13/2011 10:22:27 AM, Lasagna wrote:
Romo's ego was hurt when their TE Bennett suggested Kitna ought to have a chance to challenge for the spot, so Romo chastized him for it. After all it's not a competition - Romo is the rightful heir to the QB spot.

He's better than Kitna for sure, but the challenge should have been possible, to say the least.

There was a marked difference, even if the results ended up being similar. This is all speculation, but it seems to me that Favre forced plays because he had faith in himself and his team. Romo seems to force plays only when he's flustered; in essence, he is angry and his pride is on the line.

I agree.
President of DDO
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:27:57 AM
At 9/13/2011 10:24:01 AM, Danielle wrote:
What was up with Mark Sanchez? The Jets' offense was really disappointing. This was supposed to be his coming-of-age season, I thought, considering it's his third year starting and given all of his accomplishments against big-name teams like the Colts and the Patriots over the past few years, in the post-season no less. However he looked completely rattled and made some pretty terrible throws. I'm going to chalk that up to Rob Ryan's great defense instead of take it as a sign that the Jets' offense isn't particularly strong :/ I still love Mark though *swoon*

Eh, the Cowboys should have won that game. The Jets have the better defensive players but their defensive coaching was great, like I said. Their offense was better than the Jets' too. Why couldn't we establish any type of run game whatsoever?! Again, I'll chalk it up to the Cowboys D. Romo did actually have a decent game. I think people are going to be a little more wary of the Cowboys now after this game. Maybe this will light a spark under them to do better. Even though the Cowboys are my 2nd least favorite team (only behind the Pats, obviously) I'd still like to see them fix their mistakes and improve. It's one of those things where I just genuinely love the game and care more about that than supporting or bashing particular teams (the Patriots can go to Hell though) :P

A commentator was talking about the type of game they expect out of Sanchez from the get-go... something about a "don't screw it up" mentality and letting the defense win it. At the end of the game Sanchez was much better, and the commentator was saying that it's not until they just let him do his thing that he turns out a spectacular performance.
Rob
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:34:51 AM
Yeah, but it kinda sucks that's all we expect out of him :/

I feel like that type of mentality will never get him to improve and kinda psyche him out.
President of DDO
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 3:04:17 PM
At 9/13/2011 10:35:33 AM, Danielle wrote:
Also, Romo-bashing aside (he IS such a douche though lol), he is still a top 10 QB.

1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Manning
4. Brees
5. Rivers
6. Vick
7. Roethlesberger
8. Ryan
9. Freeman
10. Schaub
11. Eli Manning
12. Flacco
13. Sanchez
14. Stafford
15. Romo

Maybe top 15 if Cam Newton or Sam Bradford don't overtake him. You have to factor in his downside of imploding under stress, after all.
Rob
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 5:24:56 PM
At 9/13/2011 10:27:57 AM, Lasagna wrote:
A commentator was talking about the type of game they expect out of Sanchez from the get-go... something about a "don't screw it up" mentality and letting the defense win it. At the end of the game Sanchez was much better, and the commentator was saying that it's not until they just let him do his thing that he turns out a spectacular performance.

Yeah, but that was after Dallas lost their top 3 corners. He didn't do much at all when Jenkins ad Scandrick were on the field.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 6:53:58 PM
At 9/14/2011 8:18:43 AM, Lasagna wrote:
Dallas lost 3 corners in the game? Geez, they only usually play 2 at a time...

Yeah its ridiculous. Newman and Jenkins were both hurt during offseason, but Jenkins was able to play for week 1. Scandrick got knocked out in like the second quarter, then Jenkins got really bad cramps in the third and was out for the game.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 8:32:12 PM
At 9/14/2011 6:53:58 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 9/14/2011 8:18:43 AM, Lasagna wrote:
Dallas lost 3 corners in the game? Geez, they only usually play 2 at a time...

Yeah its ridiculous. Newman and Jenkins were both hurt during offseason, but Jenkins was able to play for week 1. Scandrick got knocked out in like the second quarter, then Jenkins got really bad cramps in the third and was out for the game.

Didn't they already have issues at safety? If so, their secondary will be defenseless.
Rob
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 3:08:49 PM
At 9/15/2011 8:30:51 AM, inferno wrote:
The Dallas Cowboys suck. Simple and plain.

They had the game in the palms of their hands until Romo blew it. That team has lots of talent and they do dominate, but it's Romo who really blows it for them.
Rob
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 5:25:17 PM
Yeah one of the post game commentators made a good point. They went on the road to a team that he said could make the AFC championship, without their top corner, and dominated the game or 3 quarters until half their secondary was wiped out, and still almost won. The only issue with that is I don't see the Jets even getting out of the first round. And who knows how demoralized they'll be after this.