Brady Vs Manning

Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2011 2:23:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Is this even still a debate anymore?
Brady has been named the most clutch and most accurate quarterback of our era by most analysts today.

If Brady wins another MVP award do you think the debate still exists? Or do you think the debate has already ended?
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2011 9:18:02 AM
Dude that's so 2010. The question is Brady v. Rodgers now. As far as Manning, anything short of a comeback - with a Superbowl finish - wouldn't save him in the debate IMO. His importance has always been how the Colts are this lost puppy without him, and the stark difference in their ability with and without him.
Rob
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 9:30:00 AM
Aaron Rodgers is nowhere near Tom Brady status. I agree with what you said about Peyton. In my opinion, Tom Brady is arguably the best QB to play the game. Rodgers will probably get there someday soon, but not quite yet. The numbers are on Rodgers' side, but I actually think Drew Brees is currently a better QB.
President of DDO
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 9:11:19 PM
At 9/21/2011 9:30:00 AM, Danielle wrote:
Aaron Rodgers is nowhere near Tom Brady status. I agree with what you said about Peyton. In my opinion, Tom Brady is arguably the best QB to play the game. Rodgers will probably get there someday soon, but not quite yet. The numbers are on Rodgers' side, but I actually think Drew Brees is currently a better QB.

There are so many different QB rankings it's pathetic. Top honors can go to Bradshaw, Favre, Montana, Brady, Mari-no-ring HOLY ISHT I JUST MADE THAT UP GIVE ME A DECA YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHAHHHHHHH!
Rob
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 11:25:10 AM
At 9/20/2011 2:23:35 AM, Loserboi wrote:
Is this even still a debate anymore?
Brady has been named the most clutch and most accurate quarterback of our era by most analysts today.

*cough*
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 11:34:44 AM
At 9/20/2011 9:18:02 AM, Lasagna wrote:
Dude that's so 2010. The question is Brady v. Rodgers now. As far as Manning, anything short of a comeback - with a Superbowl finish - wouldn't save him in the debate IMO. His importance has always been how the Colts are this lost puppy without him, and the stark difference in their ability with and without him.

Brady vs Rogers. I think you are taking this way too far my friend. 10 years from now you will probably be talking about another great quarterback. By the way,
who were you talking about then. Oh I know, Tom Brady. See how simple that was.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 3:00:57 PM
"Who is the best quarterback in football right now?"
A: Aaron Rodgers.

"Who is the best quarterback in football history?"
A: Joe Montana

"Which still-active starting quarterback has the most important body of work?"
A: Tom Brady
Rob
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 8:17:50 AM
At 9/26/2011 3:00:57 PM, Lasagna wrote:

Tom Brady is superior to Aaron Rodgers. Everybody knows that the Patriots would crush the Packers. And their biggest strength is offense. By the way, how about
that 17 game winning streak. The other guy has a long way to go. I think youre getting to caught up in propaganda.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 9:04:22 AM
At 9/27/2011 8:17:50 AM, inferno wrote:

Tom Brady is superior to Aaron Rodgers. Everybody knows that the Patriots would crush the Packers.

Is Brady going to crush them by throwing them so many interceptions that the GB defense tires out and forfeits?

And their biggest strength is offense.

Well that sounds about right, since N.E. is now dead last (#32 ranked) in pass defense. I'm sure N.E. would have lots of answers for the deadliest recieving core and quarterback in football.

By the way, how about that 17 game winning streak. The other guy has a long way to go.

I believe it was 18. At any rate, he couldn't finish it off so who cares? They ain't no '72 Dolphins. Brady obviously doesn't have any more streaks in him anyway. Rodgers is currently on a 9 game winning streak, going on 10 (Denver? please...), and that includes a Superbowl win. If Rodgers keeps that streak alive through the next SuperBowl then it will be the greatest dominance in pro football history, and it's seeming more possible every week since the best teams are showing weakness. The only team that concerns me now is a rematch with the Saints, which in all likelihood is going to be the NFC Championship game. Maybe the Packers will take care of the Bills for them in the SuperBowl.

I think youre getting to caught up in propaganda.

Yeah it might be the recent passing of 9/11...
Rob
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 9:25:30 AM
At 9/27/2011 9:04:22 AM, Lasagna wrote:

Tom Brady is superior to Aaron Rodgers. Everybody knows that the Patriots would crush the Packers.

Is Brady going to crush them by throwing them so many interceptions that the GB defense tires out and forfeits?

Well that sounds about right, since N.E. is now dead last (#32 ranked) in pass defense. I'm sure N.E. would have lots of answers for the deadliest recieving core and quarterback in football.

By the way, how about that 17 game winning streak. The other guy has a long way to go.

I believe it was 18. At any rate, he couldn't finish it off so who cares? They ain't no '72 Dolphins. Brady obviously doesn't have any more streaks in him anyway. Rodgers is currently on a 9 game winning streak, going on 10 (Denver? please...), and that includes a Superbowl win. If Rodgers keeps that streak alive through the next SuperBowl then it will be the greatest dominance in pro football history, and it's seeming more possible every week since the best teams are showing weakness. The only team that concerns me now is a rematch with the Saints, which in all likelihood is going to be the NFC Championship game. Maybe the Packers will take care of the Bills for them in the SuperBowl.

If Aaron Rodgers were to meet Brady in the Super Bowl he would be punished.
Rodgers is still a beginner. And besides that guy from New Orleans is just as good as he is. Ben Roth is just as fascinating. And as good as both of those guys are, I would pick them anyday over Aaron Rodgers. They are Super Bowl Champs.
He only has one by the way. So he still has some ways to go. And he has a long way to go if he wants to catch up with Mr Brady. He is not even close. By the way, do you think he will win 18 in a row. I doubt it.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 10:58:19 AM
At 9/27/2011 9:25:30 AM, inferno wrote:

Brady would punish him with interceptions.

Rodgers is still a beginner. And besides that guy from New Orleans is just as good as he is. Ben Roth is just as fascinating. And as good as both of those guys are, I would pick them anyday over Aaron Rodgers. They are Super Bowl Champs.

Rodgers just defeated Rapelesberger in the SuperBowl less than a year ago dude, try to keep up. And the very next game, Drew Brees went DOWN.

He only has one by the way. So he still has some ways to go. And he has a long way to go if he wants to catch up with Mr Brady. He is not even close. By the way, do you think he will win 18 in a row. I doubt it.

Well that would have to start with Denver this week, which should be practically an automatic 10 (especially being a home game). after that, he'd have to get 8 against:

Atlanta - away
St. Louis - home
Minnesota - away
San Diego - away
Minnesota - home
Tampa Bay - home
Detroit - away
NYG - away

So four of those are easy wins, and four could certainly go the other way if something went wrong but are otherwise well below the toughness of what GB went through in the playoffs and opening day. The odds are against them winning them all, but in any single game the Packers will have the statistical chance of winning. The way the injuries are stacking up already, anything can happen.
Rob
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 11:42:45 AM
At 9/27/2011 10:58:19 AM, Lasagna wrote:
Rodgers just defeated Rapelesberger in the SuperBowl less than a year ago dude, try to keep up. And the very next game, Drew Brees went DOWN.

Drew Brees did not go DOWN. Drew Brees had an awesome game. Each QB threw 3 TDs and had 0 INTs. Brees acquired a lot more yards though (415 vs. 312). Don't get me wrong - Rodgers had a good game, but he largely had the Saints not-up-to-par defense to thank for that W.

Anyway, the only team I can foresee giving Green Bay any trouble is the Falcons... but then again, they lost this week, so you never know. Tampa Bay is iffy. Green Bay will probably dominate this season.

If I was the captain of a team and needed to pick a QB to play with today, I would undoubtedly pick Tom Brady. However Rodgers is still young (a huge plus), and I think will just keep getting better and better making him a more valuable asset than Brady. He can certainly get the job done.
President of DDO
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 12:05:18 PM
At 9/27/2011 9:25:30 AM, inferno wrote:

Brady would punish him with interceptions.

Well that would have to start with Denver this week, which should be practically an automatic 10 (especially being a home game). after that, he'd have to get 8 against:

Atlanta - away
St. Louis - home
Minnesota - away
San Diego - away
Minnesota - home
Tampa Bay - home
Detroit - away
NYG - away

So four of those are easy wins, and four could certainly go the other way if something went wrong but are otherwise well below the toughness of what GB went through in the playoffs and opening day. The odds are against them winning them all, but in any single game the Packers will have the statistical chance of winning. The way the injuries are stacking up already, anything can happen.

Roth has 2 Super Bowl rings you moron. Rodgers only has one, like Brees and
the Manning Brothers. I still will take those guys over him anyday of the week.
Youre just a dumb fan.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 12:06:56 PM
At 9/27/2011 11:42:45 AM, Danielle wrote:

Drew Brees did not go DOWN. Drew Brees had an awesome game. Each QB threw 3 TDs and had 0 INTs. Brees acquired a lot more yards though (415 vs. 312). Don't get me wrong - Rodgers had a good game, but he largely had the Saints not-up-to-par defense to thank for that W.

Anyway, the only team I can foresee giving Green Bay any trouble is the Falcons... but then again, they lost this week, so you never know. Tampa Bay is iffy. Green Bay will probably dominate this season.

If I was the captain of a team and needed to pick a QB to play with today, I would undoubtedly pick Tom Brady. However Rodgers is still young (a huge plus), and I think will just keep getting better and better making him a more valuable asset than Brady. He can certainly get the job done.

Drew Brees, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, and Ben. These guys are still actually better than Rodgers. I think you are also getting caught up in Propaganda.
But I know football, and I already see his weakness. Dont say I didnt warn you.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 12:23:14 PM
At 9/27/2011 12:06:56 PM, inferno wrote:
Drew Brees, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, and Ben. These guys are still actually better than Rodgers. I think you are also getting caught up in Propaganda.
But I know football, and I already see his weakness. Dont say I didnt warn you.

Eli Manning? LOL. Eli Manning is the epitome of an average QB. Rodgers > Ben too.
President of DDO
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 12:42:42 PM

I think the Falcons are looking worse every week. The Pack should roll over them easily. The Pack is the team to beat, followed by the Saints. Everyone else is just somewhere in the middle.

I can't understand why you'd pick Brady over Rodgers. Rodgers is nearly impossible to pick off, and Brady may not be so much any more. Rodgers doesn't have the body of work but he is hands down the best arm in football right now. Experience is the only thing you can peg him on and after this long that's getting to be a pretty moot argument.

BTW I'm listening to Jim Rome make fun of how Joe Namath is criticizing Rex Ryan for "not having the Jets ready" for the Raiders. Have you heard about this yet? Rome just said "I don't hear Drew Bledsoe criticizing Bellichick for not having the Pats ready for the Bills..." LOL
Rob
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 12:45:43 PM
Roth has 2 Super Bowl rings you moron. Rodgers only has one, like Brees and
the Manning Brothers.

Wow, you can count! I just don't get how you are so good at counting, but you can't create a sentence without an inappropriate line break... alas.

I still will take those guys over him anyday of the week.

... in bed.

Youre just a dumb fan.

As opposed to...
Rob
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 12:48:06 PM
At 9/27/2011 12:42:42 PM, Lasagna wrote:

I think the Falcons are looking worse every week. The Pack should roll over them easily. The Pack is the team to beat, followed by the Saints. Everyone else is just somewhere in the middle.

I can't understand why you'd pick Brady over Rodgers. Rodgers is nearly impossible to pick off, and Brady may not be so much any more. Rodgers doesn't have the body of work but he is hands down the best arm in football right now. Experience is the only thing you can peg him on and after this long that's getting to be a pretty moot argument.

BTW I'm listening to Jim Rome make fun of how Joe Namath is criticizing Rex Ryan for "not having the Jets ready" for the Raiders. Have you heard about this yet? Rome just said "I don't hear Drew Bledsoe criticizing Bellichick for not having the Pats ready for the Bills..." LOL

The loss to the Bills only happened because Brady and the gang underestimated them. Just like the Packers undermining the ability of the Detroit Lions.
Dont forget the Falcons. Anyway. Brady is better and everybody knows this to be true. This guy is amazing and you will see what I mean on Sunday or the next time
they play. Rodgers is still learning the ropes and again Big Bear Ben has 2 rings.
Not one. He might get 3 before it is all said and done. And dont forget that the Carolina Panthers are going to be a monster of a team in 2012 ! Cam Newton may be a rookie, but this guy is gonna be great. You can take that to the bank !
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 12:48:58 PM
By the way, Cam almost defeated Rodgers in his second game. It was because they didnt realize how good the kid was. Next time you might get ousted bigtime.
Watch it sucka.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 1:33:47 PM

True.

You're letting one of Brady's games negate all of his accomplishments. That's ridiculous. Yes, Rodgers is VERY tough to pick off, but it takes more than that to be the best QB. I've already said he's on his way there. If he wasn't a Packer, you would be arguing in favor of Brady still being the best. Experience is absolutely important because you have to prove yourself. We can sit here and speculate all day long about what Aaron Rodgers will probably accomplish. Meanwhile we know that Brady has won 3/4 Superbowls, holds the NFL record for most TD passes during the regular season, helped set the record for the longest consecutive win streak in NFL history with 21 straight wins over 2 seasons, helped the Pats achieve an undefeated season, has won both the NFL and Superbowl MVP award multiple times, and holds numerous regular season and postseason records. You're LOL'ing because he had one bad game against the Bills which was a total fluke. By the way I'd be willing to take you up on a Tom Brady vs. Joe Montana debate.

No, I haven't heard that yet. To be honest I was watching the Packers vs. Bears game instead of the Jets game this weekend >.< That wasn't intentional lol I confused the times. I wish I could have seen the game against the Raiders to have an opinion on it, but maybe it's best I missed it...
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 1:36:27 PM
Inferno is just ridiculous with his claims. Once he said that Eli Manning was better QB than Rodgers, I knew I couldn't take his analysis seriously. He obviously doesn't "know football" as well as he thinks he does. Aaron Rodgers is the 2nd best QB in the league, IMO. Actually I might say he's the 3rd best. I think Drew Brees deserves honorable mention and is frequently underrated. I think Rodgers is surrounded by more talent, and that if he were on the Saints he wouldn't fare as well as Brees has. It's a toss-up between those two for me right now. Will Aaron Rodgers become the best QB in the NFL? Yes, probably very soon.
President of DDO
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 1:58:24 PM
At 9/27/2011 1:33:47 PM, Danielle wrote:

True.

You're letting one of Brady's games negate all of his accomplishments. That's ridiculous. Yes, Rodgers is VERY tough to pick off, but it takes more than that to be the best QB. I've already said he's on his way there. If he wasn't a Packer, you would be arguing in favor of Brady still being the best. Experience is absolutely important because you have to prove yourself. We can sit here and speculate all day long about what Aaron Rodgers will probably accomplish. Meanwhile we know that Brady has won 3/4 Superbowls, holds the NFL record for most TD passes during the regular season, helped set the record for the longest consecutive win streak in NFL history with 21 straight wins over 2 seasons, helped the Pats achieve an undefeated season, has won both the NFL and Superbowl MVP award multiple times, and holds numerous regular season and postseason records. You're LOL'ing because he had one bad game against the Bills which was a total fluke. By the way I'd be willing to take you up on a Tom Brady vs. Joe Montana debate.

Maybe it is because I don't watch games that much to see how they are actually played and I deal more with the numbers. But in 2010. Rogers threw 11 picks out of 475 pass attempts. This puts him at 43.2 pass attempts per pick. Looking at the top 10 QBs of 2010 (based on pass rating), only 2 have a worse pick ratio, Rivers and Manning (Manning partially because everyone knows every play is going to be a pass, so he's stuck in a hole with that, but I should stop making excuses for him). The other 7 all did better.

If we go to the Post season (where Rogers did a lot better), we still see a similar thing. Only looking at QBs that played 2 games, Hassleback did better as did Sanchez. Granted, Rogers stepped up from 43.2 passes per pick to 66 per pick. I highly doubt that he can maintain his 2011 pace of 103 pass attempts per pick and it is going to go down. He'll have a bad game, where he throws two or three, and he'll likely end the season near double digits.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 2:18:05 PM
At 9/27/2011 1:36:27 PM, Danielle wrote:
Inferno is just ridiculous with his claims. Once he said that Eli Manning was better QB than Rodgers, I knew I couldn't take his analysis seriously. He obviously doesn't "know football" as well as he thinks he does. Aaron Rodgers is the 2nd best QB in the league, IMO. Actually I might say he's the 3rd best. I think Drew Brees deserves honorable mention and is frequently underrated. I think Rodgers is surrounded by more talent, and that if he were on the Saints he wouldn't fare as well as Brees has. It's a toss-up between those two for me right now. Will Aaron Rodgers become the best QB in the NFL? Yes, probably very soon.

I think Danielle bumped her head on the dummy truck. No little one. Eli Manning along with his brother are both BETTER than Rodgers. They all have Super Bowl rings. Eli Manning is better under pressure and in the pocket. You have yet to see
his weakness dear. Trust me Im psychic. The Carolina Panthers are going to be the
team to beat. And everybody, will be talking abou how great Cam Newton is.
Not Aaron Rodgers. Write it down, you heard it here first.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 5:10:43 PM
Cam Newton is a beast but he hasn't showed any sign that his arm is going to be as sharp as a Brady, a Brees, or a Rodgers. He does a lot with those feet but that's just not enough to win the big games.
Rob
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 6:36:58 PM
It is not between Brady and Rodgers.

Rodgers is like Terry Bradshaw. Rodgers has a offense just like Bradshaw. He has the two pro bowl receivers, a pro bowl runningback and a top tier defense. Rodgers is a good QB but that team gives him a lot of help.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 6:53:06 PM
At 9/27/2011 6:36:58 PM, Loserboi wrote:
It is not between Brady and Rodgers.

Rodgers is like Terry Bradshaw. Rodgers has a offense just like Bradshaw. He has the two pro bowl receivers, a pro bowl runningback and a top tier defense. Rodgers is a good QB but that team gives him a lot of help.

Doesn't Brady aswell? At least on the receiver end?
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 8:03:25 PM
At 9/27/2011 2:18:05 PM, inferno wrote:
I think Danielle bumped her head on the dummy truck. No little one. Eli Manning along with his brother are both BETTER than Rodgers. They all have Super Bowl rings. Eli Manning is better under pressure and in the pocket. You have yet to see
his weakness dear. Trust me Im psychic. The Carolina Panthers are going to be the
team to beat. And everybody, will be talking abou how great Cam Newton is.
Not Aaron Rodgers. Write it down, you heard it here first.

First, please stop with the pet names. You're embarrassing yourself. Second, I have only said that Rodgers is better than ELI Manning, so why you're bringing up Peyton is beyond me. Third, both Mannings only have 1 Superbowl ring each. Rodgers does also, so this is a moot point. Finally, you can't say that Eli is "better under pressure and in the pocket" without citing examples or evidence. Otherwise, I can easily say the opposite and neither one of us will have proven a thing except an ability to express our own opinions. However, because I think that to some extent a QB can be measured objectively, then we ought to turn to the stats. Considering last year was really Rodgers' first year as an active QB, we should look to this season to see who's fared better.

Right now Rodgers has the highest QB pass rating in the league (120.4) vs. Eli Manning's 104.3. He has the best percentage of completed passes, and averages 306 YPG compared to Manning's 248. His team is also undefeated. He has been sacked only half as many times, and while that can be credited to the O-Line in most cases, you also have to consider a QB's ability to protect themselves and get rid of the football effectively. Manning is not good at that, negating your point that he's "good in the pocket."

Granted, the season is still early. Despite being relatively rookie-ish, let's look back on Rodgers' stats vs. Manning's from LAST season. Rodger's QB rating was 101.2 compared to Manning at 85.3. It should be noted that Rodgers was the third ranked QB compared to Eli Manning at 17! That puts Manning BELOW AVERAGE while Rodgers was top 3. It's no surprise that while Rodgers led the Packers to a Superbowl victory, the Giants didn't even make the playoffs.

So yeah. Your assessment fails.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 8:05:12 PM
At 9/27/2011 5:10:43 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Cam Newton is a beast but he hasn't showed any sign that his arm is going to be as sharp as a Brady, a Brees, or a Rodgers. He does a lot with those feet but that's just not enough to win the big games.

He just needs to mature as a player and a person. He does remind me a lot of Vick.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 8:16:07 PM
At 9/27/2011 6:53:06 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Doesn't Brady aswell? At least on the receiver end?

Wes Welker, Deion Branch, Brandon Tate, Taylor Price... and I don't remember the rest. Welker and Branch are veterans and good players, though Welker, as talented as he is, led the league in dropped passes last year. The other 2 have spent less than 3 years in the NFL, so they're still green (but decent).

Rodgers has Donald Driver, Jordy Nelson, Jermichael Finley, Greg Jennings and Jim Jones. I dunno stats about all of these players off the top of my head, but if I had to pick a better receiving group, I would undoubtedly pick Rodgers' guys. That's why I said I might still think Drew Brees is a better QB than him, because he does almost or just as much with a lot less to work with, IMO. Of course you could easily say the same about Peyton Manning who works with a lot less than either of them.
President of DDO