Jump to topic:

Detroit Lions - For real?

Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 12:53:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
They are technically the top team right now, in terms of their record and points scored vs. allowed. Stafford shows signs of elitism, their offensive line is literally impenetratable, they have an above-average running-back, a top-5 reciever, and an awesome D-line with possibly the 2011 league MVP in Suh. Detroit's schedule will get tougher later on - predictions?
Rob
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 6:05:27 PM
At 9/23/2011 12:53:14 PM, Lasagna wrote:
They are technically the top team right now, in terms of their record and points scored vs. allowed. Stafford shows signs of elitism, their offensive line is literally impenetratable, they have an above-average running-back, a top-5 reciever, and an awesome D-line with possibly the 2011 league MVP in Suh. Detroit's schedule will get tougher later on - predictions?

No they have no proven anything yet. They played Tampa Bay and a strongly depleted chiefs who lost their best defensive player and their star runningback. Suh will not be MVP. Impenetrable what strong pass rush have they faced? If their offensive line protects Stafford from Kevin Williams and Jared Allen this week I will be more inclined to believe the lions offensive line. So far everything is looking good but too soon to tell if they legit. Let's not forget Josh McDaniels Broncos that went 7-0 to start and then had a complete catastrophe ending
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 7:54:28 AM
I agree with Loserboi -- it's too early to tell if this is legit or not. For instance, I don't think the Bills are legit despite being 2-0. However the Lions do have a pretty favorable upcoming schedule, with the tougher teams they're facing being Green Bay x2, the Saints and the Falcons. The Packers will probably win the division, but I think they are legitimate Wild Card contenders. Their O-Line has been pretty excellent. The Lions were actually not bad last year either. I remember there was that early game (against Chicago?) where I believe it was Johnson's catch in the end zone that did not count, which cost them the game. That kind of threw them off for the whole season - that and one other game early on where they caught an unlucky break. However after that, they got beat a lot but it was a close game almost every time. They rallied to win a few games at the end of last season too if I remember. I think having Suh and some wins in their corner has helped them build a lot of confidence. I'm curious to see how they'll fare against the Cowboys next week; that seems like an interesting match-up.
President of DDO
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 8:46:24 AM
Probably their biggest variable is Stafford. He could be a complete bust or a soon-to-be Aaron Rodgers and that team hangs in the balance
Rob
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 7:25:46 PM
At 9/24/2011 8:46:24 AM, Lasagna wrote:
Probably their biggest variable is Stafford. He could be a complete bust or a soon-to-be Aaron Rodgers and that team hangs in the balance

I believe Stafford will be an excellent Quarterback. He has a cannon, and he has a receiver that can't be covered. The only thing that will make him a bust in my opinion is if he keeps getting injured. The skillset is there already.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2011 8:49:25 PM
Detroit pulled it off, but they weren't looking too hot against a shabby offense led by a washed-up McNabb. McNabb's incompetence was only overshadowed by the mediocre play-calling, failing to convert on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 without putting the ball in the hands of the best offensive player in the league. Peterson isn't a decoy, he's a beast and you need to get him the ball.
Rob
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2011 9:12:29 PM
Lasagna, you can't draw any conclusions about Detroit from today. The results of Vikings games this year have nothing to do with the standard determining factors in football and everything to do with the fact that the Vikings locker room is dosed with some kind of experimental superserum immediately before games, the other locker room with an experimental chemical weapon, and then they switch the substances at halftime.

Whoever is responsible for this research will report resounding success after the season, probably to some Chinese government agency (although they might want to figure out those side effects that had Harvin puking on the sidelines). Why they had to pick my team as the guinea pig, I don't know.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 12:35:22 AM
At 9/25/2011 8:49:25 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Detroit pulled it off, but they weren't looking too hot against a shabby offense led by a washed-up McNabb. McNabb's incompetence was only overshadowed by the mediocre play-calling, failing to convert on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 without putting the ball in the hands of the best offensive player in the league. Peterson isn't a decoy, he's a beast and you need to get him the ball.

Their line got kind of handled I think Jared Allen forced many penalties and sacked Stafford 3 times, thank god that Calvin Johnson cannot be covered.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 4:07:27 PM
At 9/26/2011 12:35:22 AM, Loserboi wrote:
At 9/25/2011 8:49:25 PM, Lasagna wrote:

Their line got kind of handled I think Jared Allen forced many penalties and sacked Stafford 3 times, thank god that Calvin Johnson cannot be covered.

I think the Cowboys will get at them.
Rob
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 4:14:49 PM
At 9/26/2011 4:07:59 PM, Lasagna wrote:
This will be a rare moment indeed when I root for Romo.

Better to just not watch and hope that somehow, both teams are able to lose.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 10:46:33 PM
At 9/26/2011 4:14:49 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 9/26/2011 4:07:59 PM, Lasagna wrote:
This will be a rare moment indeed when I root for Romo.

Better to just not watch and hope that somehow, both teams are able to lose.

That's actually probably what I will do.
Rob
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2011 10:18:17 AM
You are right about one thing. After what they did to the Dallas Cowboyson Sunday, I think they are playoff bound ! I am not really a fan of the Detroit Lions. But I hate the Dallas Cowboys in a brawl. So they are on my good list from this day forward.
Go Lions !
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 8:51:22 AM
At 10/3/2011 10:18:17 AM, inferno wrote:
You are right about one thing. After what they did to the Dallas Cowboyson Sunday, I think they are playoff bound ! I am not really a fan of the Detroit Lions. But I hate the Dallas Cowboys in a brawl. So they are on my good list from this day forward.
Go Lions !

Lions have proved themselves now, because the Cowboys are at least somewhat respectable. Now it's a footrace to thanksgiving to see which of the two NFC North teams will remain undefeated, and on Thanksgiving we should be treated to the most anticipated game of the season. They also face each other again in week 17 which should be another highly-anticipated match.
Rob