Jump to topic:

NBA lockout who's side are you on

Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 7:44:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have been skimming through the NBA holdout articles.

I side with the owners. I am not surprised that some NBA teams do not make money... NBA in my opinion is the least competitive sport. The players need to be more willing to budge. I have read the players want their average salary to be near 6-7 million.

The guaranteed contracts are killing teams. I am in the bay area and I know for a fact that this is painful to have. If the Warriors were not stuck with Abdonal Foyle's 10mil a year contract for so long we could have rebuilt a lot faster. We are still rebuilding now for god's sake. I knew the owners would not get this demand but the need to take away guaranteed contracts and shortening length on contracts made sense to me.

Players do not seem to want to negotiate in my eyes. They would only budge on the hard cap reduction if they were given more of the NBA revenues and the increase they wanted for allowing this would have been close to 10% more of what they are getting now.

I understand the owner's perspective there is no point in owning a team if it is not profitable. There is no point in doing any business which is not profitable. The New Orlean Hornets can't even find a willing owner.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 9:07:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
They all make too much money. The players are just as bad as the owners. NBA had too much expansion in 90s and I don't think they can sustain it anymore based on the amount of fans.
Rob