Jump to topic:

When will the Bills lose?

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 12:20:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
So I'm partially torn. I prefer to root for the underdogs, thus why I almost always support the Bills. However, they are starting to show that I might need to root against them (though that won't happen, I've been a fan since I was five, and I'm sticking through it).

What I want to know is, when will the Bills get their first lose of the season?

Our next three games are the Bengals, The Eagles, then the Giants. I don't really see the Bengals delivering a loss to the Bills (though if the Bills can upset the Pats, then anything is possible), and the Eagles are likely going to be without Vick (broken hand). Will the Bills make it 5-0 to face the Giants (who they'll likely lose to, though another upset is always possible)?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 2:54:25 PM
Ore Ele this obsession with losing teams is starting to border on personality disorder. It's one thing to root for underdogs, but another entirely to immediately turn your back on the underdog when they start to win. If the Bills win the Lombardi this year and you didn't want to root for them again, that would be odd but understandable. If they won two or three times in the next 3-5 years and dominated the playoffs in between, that would make even more sense. But this team has zero trophies, no playoff berths this millenium, and a reputation for inadequacy, dating back to their consecutive 0-4 SB run in the early nineties. You really need to just sit back and enjoy the ride.

The Bills by no means have things wrapped up, being in the toughest division in the NFL. The Jets and Pats are going to be hot on their heels all the way to the playoffs and even being alone in first place, I doubt most football analysts expect them to even clinch the wildcard. Chances are fantastic that the Pats will still get the division and the Jets will still get the wildcard, and that another AFC team like the Ravens or Steelers will get the other one. Even if the Bills went 18-0, they'd still be underdogs playing the Packers in the Super Bowl. Unless the Bills start winning by 30 point margins each game, "underdog" is a title they've earned to keep the entire season.
Rob
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 2:59:24 PM
At 9/26/2011 2:54:25 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Ore Ele this obsession with losing teams is starting to border on personality disorder. It's one thing to root for underdogs, but another entirely to immediately turn your back on the underdog when they start to win. If the Bills win the Lombardi this year and you didn't want to root for them again, that would be odd but understandable. If they won two or three times in the next 3-5 years and dominated the playoffs in between, that would make even more sense. But this team has zero trophies, no playoff berths this millenium, and a reputation for inadequacy, dating back to their consecutive 0-4 SB run in the early nineties. You really need to just sit back and enjoy the ride.

The Bills by no means have things wrapped up, being in the toughest division in the NFL. The Jets and Pats are going to be hot on their heels all the way to the playoffs and even being alone in first place, I doubt most football analysts expect them to even clinch the wildcard. Chances are fantastic that the Pats will still get the division and the Jets will still get the wildcard, and that another AFC team like the Ravens or Steelers will get the other one. Even if the Bills went 18-0, they'd still be underdogs playing the Packers in the Super Bowl. Unless the Bills start winning by 30 point margins each game, "underdog" is a title they've earned to keep the entire season.

That doesn't address my question. My comments regarding me not rooting for them was tounge in cheek. I think it is a fair belief that they will not end the season 16 - 0 (their last game is a rematch for the Pats, and I'm sure they'll not go easy next time around). If it is a fair belief that the Bills will lose at least one game, which one do you think will be the first game they lose?

Honestly, if the Bills beat the Pats three times this year (twice regular season and once in the playoffs to make it to the SB) it might be time to expect them to not be underdogs. However, that is not what I was asking at all.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 3:01:43 PM

The Packers must get past the Falcons and Hawks again. This time they might
get stumped. By the way, watch out for the Panthers. Because once MR QB finds his mojo, noone will be safe. I am speaking of Cam Newton.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 3:53:45 PM
At 9/26/2011 3:01:43 PM, inferno wrote:

The Packers must get past the Falcons and Hawks again. This time they might
get stumped.

Yeah 'cause those teams are doing so great right now... Every week makes the Packers look better and better because the better teams are losing to the mediocre teams and the Packers can slap them all.

By the way, watch out for the Panthers. Because once MR QB finds his mojo, noone will be safe. I am speaking of Cam Newton.

They won't even make the playoffs. Guaranteed. Saints/Packers in the NFC Championship game.
Rob
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 9:29:04 PM
At 9/27/2011 6:49:33 PM, Loserboi wrote:
They will lose to the Eagles... Fitzpatrick will not get the ball to stevie johnson which means the game will be over.

Perhaps... just a one-trick pony they are, eh?
Rob
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 12:05:51 AM
Last week they were showing some kind of joke segment on a pregame show, titled "Top 10 signs your football season is already over". Number 2 on the list was "You're 2-0, but you're also the Buffalo Bills." I'd honestly have to agree with them.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 8:35:27 AM
I agree that the Bills will lost to the Eagles for the reasons BlackVoid mentioned. I doubt Vick will be out of the game to boot. I also think they'll lose to the Giants. Can Fitzpatrick withstand the QB killas? I don't think so. As I've said, thus far, aside from the Patriot upset they've played and won against sub-par teams by about a FG. I think they'll go 10-6 this year. 16-0 is a long shot. Perhaps I'd be more inclined to cheer on this team if they weren't first place in my division >.<

Also, inferno there are no Hawks in football, unless you're talking about the Seahawks. If that's the case, then you have just proven that you really dunno what you're talking about. They pretty much suck. They will not be much of a challenge...
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 9:40:43 AM
At 9/28/2011 8:41:55 AM, Lasagna wrote:
I thought he was talking about the Eagles.

Well I suppose they're similar birds as far as birds go lol. The Hawks are a basketball team :P
President of DDO
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 9:57:16 AM
At 9/27/2011 6:49:33 PM, Loserboi wrote:
They will lose to the Eagles... Fitzpatrick will not get the ball to stevie johnson which means the game will be over.

Nelson has just as many receptions as Johnson and only 23 fewer yards (256 to 233). Nelson has also been doing a better job at getting YAC than Johnson. While Johnson is a very important part of the Bills offense, I don't think it should be implied that he is the only part.

Now, maybe it is just the opponents that the Bills have played, but so far, Fitz only has been sacked once. To me, that seems to indicate a fairly good pass protection. Though the Eagles are #2 in Sacks. It could also be noted that Bills are #4 in offensive rushing and the Eagles are #30 in rushing allowed.

It might be faulty, but I tend to think that successful running opens up passing, rather than passing opens up running.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 10:05:33 AM
At 9/28/2011 9:57:16 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
It might be faulty, but I tend to think that successful running opens up passing, rather than passing opens up running.

That is correct.
President of DDO
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 10:19:35 AM
At 9/28/2011 10:05:33 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 9/28/2011 9:57:16 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

That is correct.

So would it not make sense that (possibly, maybe from drunken hope) the #4 rushing going against the #30 rushing defense will cause the passing game to open so that the Bills can have a good offensive attempt?

I now that the Eagles are #2 in Sacks delievered, while the Bills are #1 in Sacks allowed (so that will be interesting, to see who comes out ahead, though the Raiders are #4 in Sack delievered and the Bills line did okay against them). Of course, these rankings are subject to change since we'll have another game in the meantime.

Though Eagles are facing the 49ers and the Bills are facing the Bengles, and the 49ers beat the Bengles (but not in any kind of pretty fashion). The 49ers have no offense, but their defense is doing fairly well, especially against the run (which the Eagles are #2 in), so expect Vick to either not run the ball himself, or take the hits (and he's already had two semi-serious injuries in only 3 games).
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 10:37:13 AM
I was a little nervous about the Bengals (remember, the bills can lose the anybody... often), since they are ranked #5 in pass def and #7 in run def. But I also looked over who they've played.

All three opponents that they've faced have been ranked in the 20's and 30's in both run off and pass off.

Browns - #25 in pass off, #22 in run off
Broncos - #22 in pass, #28 in run
49er's - #28 in pass, #30 in run

So it is expected that their numbers (which are based on yards allowed) will be inflated.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 1:48:35 PM
Yeah you'd be just about the only person in the U.S.A. losing sleep over the BENGALS this year. They are in about as much of a full-scale rebuilding mode as you can possibly be in right now.
Rob
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 3:56:05 PM
At 9/28/2011 1:48:35 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Yeah you'd be just about the only person in the U.S.A. losing sleep over the BENGALS this year. They are in about as much of a full-scale rebuilding mode as you can possibly be in right now.

Hey, the Bills have the skill to lose to anyone, even the Bengals.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 8:49:50 PM
At 9/28/2011 3:56:05 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

I don't know; Fitzpatrick is unstoppable this year.
Rob
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 8:59:45 PM
At 9/28/2011 8:49:50 PM, Lasagna wrote:

I don't know; Fitzpatrick is unstoppable this year.

Yeah but so are 15 other quarterbacks :/
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2011 10:14:23 AM

lol. The first time this year that they are actually the favorite to win what do they do? They teach a leason to all those that expect them to win.

There are so many things that are just funny about this.

1) Going into week 3, the Pats had the longest current win streak against another team, they had won their last 15 against the Bills. Then the Bills won, and the new longest current win streak against another team because the Bills agaisnt the Bengals. The Bills had won the last 10 against the Bengals. Now the Bills lost. I'd hate to be whoever is next in line.

2) Apparently, whatever team wins the first half, will ultimately lose the game. So when your team faces the Bills, you better be praying that your team is down 24 - 7 going into halftime.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 12:37:38 PM
At 10/3/2011 10:14:23 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

lol. The first time this year that they are actually the favorite to win what do they do? They teach a leason to all those that expect them to win.

There are so many things that are just funny about this.

1) Going into week 3, the Pats had the longest current win streak against another team, they had won their last 15 against the Bills. Then the Bills won, and the new longest current win streak against another team because the Bills agaisnt the Bengals. The Bills had won the last 10 against the Bengals. Now the Bills lost. I'd hate to be whoever is next in line.

2) Apparently, whatever team wins the first half, will ultimately lose the game. So when your team faces the Bills, you better be praying that your team is down 24 - 7 going into halftime.

There have been a lot of comebacks lately, but the most notable have been the Lions.
Rob
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 12:03:24 PM
So I'm getting nervous with the Bills - Giants game. I think the Bills will be the favorite to win, since they just beat the Eagles, and the Giants lost to the Seahawks (WTF guys?!), so that means that the Bills are actually likely to lose.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 12:09:05 PM
At 10/10/2011 12:03:24 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
So I'm getting nervous with the Bills - Giants game. I think the Bills will be the favorite to win, since they just beat the Eagles, and the Giants lost to the Seahawks (WTF guys?!), so that means that the Bills are actually likely to lose.

I picked NY.
Rob