Premier league or spanish league

phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 2:32:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Which ones better?

I say the EPL. It's much tougher than the spanish league and has more top class teams.

Last year if I remember correctly wolves (I think it was) were in relegation zone, but beat Manu who were first place and had only lost once that season. In the spanish there are a ton of below average teams.

Two teams dominate the spanish league, barcalona and real madrid. In the EPL there are at least five. Manu, mancity, Chelsea, arsenal, and liverpool. Yes I know liverpool have been in a tough spot for the past 2 and a half years but they have won the title 18 times which is one less than man united (who have the record). They have won the champions league more than any other English team. Last year under hodgson they were doing dismal. Then dalglish took charge and got them up too 6th place i a few months which is more than any liverpool fan was hoping for. If he came sooner they could have finished in the top four.

Here are two charts I made for a debate last season showing the gaps between teams in the epl vs teams in the la liga. I know they're old but it doesn't matter.

Pay attention to the fact that there is only a 38 point gap from 1st to last in the EPL but a 59 gap in the la liga.

There is a 14 point gap from 2nd to third in the la liga but a 0 gap in the EPL.

http://www.debate.org...

http://www.debate.org...

I rest my case.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 8:28:30 PM
No comments? No one seems to care about this topic I guess, although it highly interests me. Must be why my debate on it got zero votes.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 9:21:29 PM
This site is way too small for that... even with U.S. Football, which is wildly popular, I don't get responses more than a few times a day on here. You're better off finding a site that is taylored for it.
Rob
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 5:56:35 PM
At 10/1/2011 8:28:30 PM, phantom wrote:
No comments? No one seems to care about this topic I guess, although it highly interests me. Must be why my debate on it got zero votes.

I'd say go Premier League. It really is the best league in the world I'd say. Plus, as you show, the lower level teams in Spain wouldn't hold up against the lower level English teams. This also applies at the higher level. Valencia is 22 points behind first as the third placed team. Arsenal was 6 behind.

I think the Premier League is definitely the best.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it