Jump to topic:

UFC: Bones Jones vs. Machida

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 6:07:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Dana White has just announced that Bones Jones will be facing Lyoto Machida instead of Rashad Evans who has a broken hand. Rashad was said to be the only person who has a chance against Bones Jones but several years ago, Machida brutally knocked out Rashad Evans.

I believe Machida will be Bones Jones toughest competition and experts say that Machida is the most technical striker Bones has ever faced.

Who is more likely to win?

http://espn.go.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 4:34:01 PM
At 10/6/2011 6:07:10 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Dana White has just announced that Bones Jones will be facing Lyoto Machida instead of Rashad Evans who has a broken hand. Rashad was said to be the only person who has a chance against Bones Jones but several years ago, Machida brutally knocked out Rashad Evans.

I believe Machida will be Bones Jones toughest competition and experts say that Machida is the most technical striker Bones has ever faced.

I think the entire Light-Heavy weight division is really competitive. Lyoto knocks out Rashad, Rampage beats Lyoto, Rashad beats Rampage, Lyoto gets destroyed my Shogun, and Shogun gets destroyed by Jones. In that way of thinking Lyoto really doesn't stand a chance since Shogun destroyed him, and Bones destroyed Shogun.

What I am trying to say from all of that is that just because one person dominated another doesn't mean that person he dominated won't necessarily be dominated by the person who dominated him, as the light heavyweight division has shown.

I honestly think that Evans really is the only guy who can beat Jones, because Evans has worked with Jones, and nobody should no Jone's weaknesses more than Evans. It really depends on what style is best against the opposing person' style. Edgar had a bad style for Penn, by Maynard's style is bad for Edgar.

But I am looking forward to the fight, i see Jones winning because Machida hasnt fought anyone good in a long time and won. His last two fights with legitimate light heavy weights were losts. (im not counting couture) Jones is young and seemingly improves every fight.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 12:57:09 AM
how do you guys follow that sport - I don't have money for DVDs and that bullisht. I suppose I could rent them but I don't feel like it.
Rob
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 2:37:30 AM
At 10/8/2011 12:57:09 AM, Lasagna wrote:
how do you guys follow that sport - I don't have money for DVDs and that bullisht. I suppose I could rent them but I don't feel like it.

DVDs?? What? It's on Spike TV, Fox1, and PayPerView. Also go to any Buffalo Wild Wings or Miller Ale House and watch it there.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 2:41:02 AM
At 10/7/2011 4:34:01 PM, Loserboi wrote:

I think the entire Light-Heavy weight division is really competitive. Lyoto knocks out Rashad, Rampage beats Lyoto, Rashad beats Rampage, Lyoto gets destroyed my Shogun, and Shogun gets destroyed by Jones. In that way of thinking Lyoto really doesn't stand a chance since Shogun destroyed him, and Bones destroyed Shogun.

What I am trying to say from all of that is that just because one person dominated another doesn't mean that person he dominated won't necessarily be dominated by the person who dominated him, as the light heavyweight division has shown.

I honestly think that Evans really is the only guy who can beat Jones, because Evans has worked with Jones, and nobody should no Jone's weaknesses more than Evans. It really depends on what style is best against the opposing person' style. Edgar had a bad style for Penn, by Maynard's style is bad for Edgar.

But I am looking forward to the fight, i see Jones winning because Machida hasnt fought anyone good in a long time and won. His last two fights with legitimate light heavy weights were losts. (im not counting couture) Jones is young and seemingly improves every fight.

Machida's loss to Rampage wasn't a legit loss, even Rampage believed that Machida won that fight. And Machida lost to Shogun, but he had already beat Shogun previously. So technically speaking, Machida won every fight, and the one guy he lost to, he had the ability still beat that guy (Shogun).
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 3:02:51 AM
At 10/8/2011 2:41:02 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 10/7/2011 4:34:01 PM, Loserboi wrote:

Machida's loss to Rampage wasn't a legit loss, even Rampage believed that Machida won that fight. And Machida lost to Shogun, but he had already beat Shogun previously. So technically speaking, Machida won every fight, and the one guy he lost to, he had the ability still beat that guy (Shogun).

Man Lyoto beat Shogun the same way Rampage beat Lyoto. If it was done decisively than a rematch would have never occurred. Many people feel that Shogun won the first time, even Lyoto was surprised when he was announced the winner. When the rematch came you cannot argue that Lyoto was destroyed. Shogun was destroyed by Jones, so following that cycle Lyoto must be on the same level or even a lower one for that matter to that of Shogun.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 3:03:15 AM
At 10/8/2011 12:57:09 AM, Lasagna wrote:

Go to a hooters... Hot women and u get the pay per view
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 9:24:24 AM
You guys are killing me I have a 12 month old daughter I can't be hanging out at Buffalo Wild Wings or Hooters. I also don't blow money on cable TV.
Rob
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 6:09:45 PM
At 10/8/2011 9:24:24 AM, Lasagna wrote:
You guys are killing me I have a 12 month old daughter I can't be hanging out at Buffalo Wild Wings or Hooters. I also don't blow money on cable TV.

It's only one time in like a month, its on pay per view, you really only wanna watch the pay per views anyway. You go to hooters, a local bar, like a lot of places will buy the pay per view to drum up business for that one day. No cable needed, I don't have cable, and with the internet nowadays its not too hard to find a live stream of it.