Jump to topic:

UFC: Cung Le vs. Wanderlei Silva

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 3:00:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
In November for the Shogun v Henderson fight, Cung Le, a Vietnamese Kung Fu fighter, will be the co-main event facing Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva.

This will be Cung Le's debut in the UFC, but already has an impressive 25- 1 record. This will be the first time a legitimate Kung Fu (Sanshou) fighter will enter the UFC using traditional Kung Fu as his basis, but Le also has excellent takedown and wrestling ability.

Who do you think will take this fight and can Cung Le progress to the top of the Middleweight division and eventually face Anderson Silva?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 6:01:57 PM
Sanshou/Sanda in the sense where one would say Kung Fu (Sanshou) denoting Sanshou as the style is not traditional Kung Fu. Kung Fu is just a really broad term. Sanshou/Sanda as a "Style" is a standardized curriculum developed by the Chinese government after 1949 for use in sport and self-defense. (Sanshou is also used to denote the type of competition, to distinguish it from the practice of forms).

http://upload.wikimedia.org...

Looks like a legitimately useful base.

I have no knowledge of the individual fighter though.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 12:33:07 PM
At 10/11/2011 6:01:57 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Sanshou/Sanda in the sense where one would say Kung Fu (Sanshou) denoting Sanshou as the style is not traditional Kung Fu. Kung Fu is just a really broad term.

I know that, I still choose to use that word in the colliquial sense so that people understand what I'm talking about.

Sanshou/Sanda as a "Style" is a standardized curriculum developed by the Chinese government after 1949 for use in sport and self-defense.

Sanshou is based on Chinese TMA (Traditional Martial Arts). Basically they removed the aspects that kill people and some of the more fancy stuff so that it can be used in sports. Yes, Sanshou is fairly new, but techniques it uses in striking are TMA.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat