Jump to topic:

Tebow time?

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 11:23:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
So Denver has announced that Tim will be starting after the bye week against Miami. That's probably a pretty safe opponent to have your first start against. Tim did fairly well in the last part of the Chargers game. 2 TDs (1 passing, 1 running), however, he only went 4/10 (probably because he had to try and force too much and didn't have the experience with his receivers).

Now, no one really expects a mammoth turnaround and seeing them go to the superbowl or anything, but could they perhaps go 6 - 5 for their last 11 games?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 12:05:44 PM
6-5 would be the best they could possibly get, not what they'd likely get.

I'd say they would likely lose to
Pats
Chargers
Jets
Bills
Lions
Bears

Anyone can beat KC (x2), Miami, and Minnesota, but this team is likely to lose one of those. So that puts that at 3-7. The last game is the Raiders, who could go either way.

Broncos go 4-12 or 5-11.
Rob
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 5:36:39 PM
At 10/13/2011 5:05:04 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Well, I'm rooting for him.

Me too. Unbelievable all the hate he gets. There's not many truly good personalities in sports right now, so we should appreciate them when we do get them.

Tebow's one of those guys who doesn't practice well or look good on paper, but he plays much better on the field.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 5:40:58 PM
At 10/13/2011 5:36:39 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 10/13/2011 5:05:04 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Well, I'm rooting for him.

Me too. Unbelievable all the hate he gets. There's not many truly good personalities in sports right now, so we should appreciate them when we do get them.

He's very polarizing. There are a lot of people that absolutely love him, and a lot that don't. I think the reason that some people don't like him is because his playing style is so unorthadox and they don't like people that play differently.

Tebow's one of those guys who doesn't practice well or look good on paper, but he plays much better on the field.

I think he looks pretty good on paper. Far better than their other QB. Sure, right now he is no superstar, but give him a few years to get use to the team (and for them to get use to him) and I think his style will prove difficult for corners and defense because they will not be use to it, while his receivers will be.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2011 8:49:19 AM
Good analysis from Ore_Ele and I agree with the defense having to make unfamiliar adjustments that the WRs can work around. Tebow's not the only guy in the league running with it these days though - there's always Vick, and I feel like Rodgers tries to do it a bit often too, though he's obviously not as good at it. Personally, I say start him and see what he does. Even though his style is unconventional, he is talented, hard working, and most importantly doing a bit better than their other guy. Can anyone honestly see Kyle Orton electrifying an offense? No, but Tebow might be able to. I'm intrigued and I'm rooting for him I suppose... even though he's pro-life ;P
President of DDO
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2011 8:43:45 PM
I don't think Tebow is going to do very well. He and Brandon Lloyd are not the best of friends, and Brandon Lloyd is his best receiver at the moment. I hear Denver is putting Brandon Lloyd on the trading block, which will put even more hostility between the two, since the main reason seems to only stem from what Lloyd has said before the season started about the "tebow thing". Tebow is not hated by fans or Skip Bayless LOL. Tebow is hated, well not hated but strongly unimpressive to the eyes of NFL analysts, coaches, and any NFL professional. The guy is explosive, but his accuracy is a big problem, his delivery is a big problem, his football IQ is a big problem, and his arm strength also comes into question. He is unsupported because of his long list of flaws that is seen his game that is why he almost lost his back up job to Brady Quinn. Tebow's style has become sort of a common thing now, a quarterback who can make plays with his feet, Tebow is not fast enough to be a Mike Vick, a Cam Newton, or even a Donavan Mcnabb for that matter. Tebow is not elusive, he is a big A$$ man.

I think it is easy for us to say he will be good or even fans to say he will be good, or its Tebow's time. Tebow has all of the support, and its a good life being an NFL back up quarterback. The starter gets all the crap and you get all the glory for what you might be able to do. Tebow always plays games when it doesn't matter, when he starts playing bad, and the fans boo him his confidence might take a huge hit, and that hit might hurt his potential.

It's Tebow's time to play, but I don't see the Denver Broncos utilizing him in anyway where he can develop as a player, if i was the opposing team i would constantly send heat his way knowing how inaccurate he is, and opposing teams have to know that Fox won't try to do any risky plays with Tebow around. We will probably see Magahee and Moreno running twice as much, and Tebow taking those check downs. I see Denver finished 4-12 that team has no offense, and defense is also mediocre.

Not to be messed up to the fans of Denver, but they really didn't give Kyle Orton the time of day. I remembered the Raiders game, they were booing Orton in the first quarter.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 11:02:27 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/12/2011 11:23:37 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
So Denver has announced that Tim will be starting after the bye week against Miami. That's probably a pretty safe opponent to have your first start against. Tim did fairly well in the last part of the Chargers game. 2 TDs (1 passing, 1 running), however, he only went 4/10 (probably because he had to try and force too much and didn't have the experience with his receivers).

Now, no one really expects a mammoth turnaround and seeing them go to the superbowl or anything, but could they perhaps go 6 - 5 for their last 11 games?

Lol at looking back at some of these old threads.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 3:57:05 PM
At 12/13/2011 3:55:02 PM, Lasagna wrote:
The NFL refs need to start throwing yellow interference flags at God.

Or the "12 men on the field" penalty (can't remember the name of it at the moment).
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 3:58:30 PM
At 12/13/2011 3:57:05 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 12/13/2011 3:55:02 PM, Lasagna wrote:
The NFL refs need to start throwing yellow interference flags at God.

Or the "12 men on the field" penalty (can't remember the name of it at the moment).

Illegal formation. But yeah, lol.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 5:42:05 PM
I can see the ref up there now: "Illegal formation... God is disqualified and suspended for the rest of the season!"
Rob