Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

Iz hE 4 rEaLz?

Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 12:15:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
There are three unlikelies this year: Bills, Lions, 49ers. In all statistical probability, I'd say it's safe to say that two of these teams will turn out to be bogus, while one of them makes it to the Championship game or farther. Which one will get the farthest?
Rob
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 12:23:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/12/2011 12:15:47 PM, Lasagna wrote:
There are three unlikelies this year: Bills, Lions, 49ers. In all statistical probability, I'd say it's safe to say that two of these teams will turn out to be bogus, while one of them makes it to the Championship game or farther. Which one will get the farthest?

lions
RAWR
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 12:59:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/12/2011 12:46:35 PM, Lasagna wrote:
I'm going Billz

lol, bit of a turn-a-round from earlier, and didn't you pick against them this week (you said you picked home on all but one game).

I think both the Bills (that is a hope) and the winner of the 49er's vs Lions game this week (probably picking Lions) will see the playoffs, not guessing how far they will go, but they'll see them.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Loserboi
Posts: 1,232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 3:39:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/12/2011 12:15:47 PM, Lasagna wrote:
There are three unlikelies this year: Bills, Lions, 49ers. In all statistical probability, I'd say it's safe to say that two of these teams will turn out to be bogus, while one of them makes it to the Championship game or farther. Which one will get the farthest?

NINERS!!!! other teams are bogus lol

I believe the team that will fall from grace will probably be the Bills. I don't expect any of these 3 teams to make it to the superbowl. Green Bay seems unstoppable and nobody in the NFC to me seems to be able to match up evenly with them. That being said if the Bills make the Superbowl than someone would need to slap me because I would have had WTF all over my face. Bills still have a tough schedule ahead of them.
Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 3:56:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/12/2011 12:59:38 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/12/2011 12:46:35 PM, Lasagna wrote:
I'm going Billz

lol, bit of a turn-a-round from earlier, and didn't you pick against them this week (you said you picked home on all but one game).

Correct - and I just changed my pick to the Bills even though NY has home-field advantage. NY has some injury problems anyhow.

I think both the Bills (that is a hope) and the winner of the 49er's vs Lions game this week (probably picking Lions) will see the playoffs, not guessing how far they will go, but they'll see them.

Like I said, one of these three will make it to the championship game, although I doubt the SB.
Rob
MarquisX
Posts: 925
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 7:22:17 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Well the 49ers are going to the playoffs for sure. The rest of the NFC west is horrid. Lions are looking good but I think if you put pressure on stafford, he fold like a house of cards and thats what the 49ers have been doing. They're getting to the quarterback. I think people are really underestimating them as a team because of that one loss that really they just seemed to lose focus in that game and blew the ten point lead. But against Philly and Tampa, you saw a team with fire in their eyes. Their executing plays on offense and defense and I say at the very least, look for them in the NFC championship game.
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2011 8:34:07 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 7:22:17 AM, MarquisX wrote:
Well the 49ers are going to the playoffs for sure. The rest of the NFC west is horrid. Lions are looking good but I think if you put pressure on stafford, he fold like a house of cards and thats what the 49ers have been doing. They're getting to the quarterback. I think people are really underestimating them as a team because of that one loss that really they just seemed to lose focus in that game and blew the ten point lead. But against Philly and Tampa, you saw a team with fire in their eyes. Their executing plays on offense and defense and I say at the very least, look for them in the NFC championship game.

I agree that the 49ers will make the playoffs, and what you said about Stafford folding under pressure. However, I definitely don't think the 49ers are going to the NFC Championship. Most likely it'll be the Packers and the Saints. If neither of them, then the Lions. In my opinion, there is no way the 49ers are going all the way this year. Philly is not exactly a great team for comparison considering they are 1-4 right now. The Bucs are on and off.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2011 8:37:56 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
To answer the OP, I don't think any of these teams are for real. I know I don't have a leg to stand on in saying that, but I wanna see where they're at by Week 10. Yes for me it'll take that long to be a believer. I think it was the season before last in which the Denver Broncos started out like 8-0 or 9-0 or something, and then I saw their season completely dissipate afterward - I think they lost like every game from there on out or something crazy like that.

If I had to pick a team to believe in, I'd go with the Lions. I don't think Stafford is that good, but they've got Calvin and they've got Suh. They also have the Packers in their way, so I dunno. The Bills have the Pats and Jets, but the Jets aren't doing too hot - just as I predicted - and the Pats don't seem to be as dominant as they once were; after all the Bills just beat them. It really is a toss up. The Bills don't have any star power, that's what's interesting.
President of DDO
Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2011 9:10:07 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Yeah Packers-Saints in the Championship game. They will both get the first-round byes based on their records and probably defeat whoever comes out of the wild-card round. I'd say the Niners will definitely be in the mix as well as the Lions, and it's hard to predict anything else because of the volatile state of the NFC East.
Rob
MarquisX
Posts: 925
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 11:55:33 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/14/2011 8:34:07 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 10/13/2011 7:22:17 AM, MarquisX wrote:
Well the 49ers are going to the playoffs for sure. The rest of the NFC west is horrid. Lions are looking good but I think if you put pressure on stafford, he fold like a house of cards and thats what the 49ers have been doing. They're getting to the quarterback. I think people are really underestimating them as a team because of that one loss that really they just seemed to lose focus in that game and blew the ten point lead. But against Philly and Tampa, you saw a team with fire in their eyes. Their executing plays on offense and defense and I say at the very least, look for them in the NFC championship game.

I agree that the 49ers will make the playoffs, and what you said about Stafford folding under pressure. However, I definitely don't think the 49ers are going to the NFC Championship. Most likely it'll be the Packers and the Saints. If neither of them, then the Lions. In my opinion, there is no way the 49ers are going all the way this year. Philly is not exactly a great team for comparison considering they are 1-4 right now. The Bucs are on and off.

I just wanted to bring this back up. "At the very least look for them in the NFC championship game." That was in October. How does he do it?
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 8:23:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/15/2012 11:55:33 AM, MarquisX wrote:
I just wanted to bring this back up. "At the very least look for them in the NFC championship game." That was in October. How does he do it?

Yes - I totes did not see that coming!
President of DDO