Power Ranking Watch

Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 6:01:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://espn.go.com...

I've found the power rankings to be quite interesting every Tuesday, so I would like to dedicate a thread to it (listing only the top 10). I'm also listing their next game so you can predict where they will end up.

1. Packers (bye)
2. Patriots (@ Steelers)
3. Saints (@ Rams)
4. 49ers (vs. Browns)
5. Steelers (vs. Patriots)
6. Ravens (vs. Cardinals)
7. Bills (vs. Redskins)
8. Lions (@ Broncos)
9. Chargers (@ Chiefs)
10. Bears (bye)

All in all, a bunch of pathetically easy games for the top teams. I doubt next weeks Power Rankings are going to be very interesting. The Pats/Steelers game will be the only thing that affects the rankings, and it the Pats win, it likely won't make much of an impact since the other teams can't prove much this week. I'd say that the Pack and Pats are probably cemented at the top at this point unless something dramatic happens, as every other team has shown some sort of considerable weakness. The Pats' only loss to the Bills has been justified by the Bills' consistently strong performances.

No NFC East teams up there, which is interesting, as that division usually has some great performers. Eagles/Cowboys this Sunday night, which I believe is the most heated rivalry in the NFL at the moment. Unfortunately neither team has much chance of using the game to enter the top ten. The Giants are at #11 and knocking on the door, but they play Miami. It would be funny as hell if they won a close game and fell a spot due to how bad Miami is.
Rob
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 11:52:56 AM

Niners got it.

1) Packers
2) Niners
3) Steelers
4) Ravens
5) Pats
6) Saints
7) Bills
8) Lions
9) Giants
10) Bears

-Pats fell 3 spots after the loss; apparently their defense is really starting to show signs of weakness.

-Looks like the AFC and NFC North divisions are the real deal this year (AFCN=19-10, NFCN=19-11).

- Speculation is growing about the Saints declining from "elite" status

- The 92/93 seasons were the only time in SuperBowl history to be played by the same teams (Boys/Bills). Perhaps the Steelers will get a chance for revenge...
Rob
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 11:57:18 AM
At 11/1/2011 11:52:56 AM, Lasagna wrote:

Niners got it.

1) Packers
2) Niners
3) Steelers
4) Ravens
5) Pats
6) Saints
7) Bills
8) Lions
9) Giants
10) Bears

-Pats fell 3 spots after the loss; apparently their defense is really starting to show signs of weakness.

-Looks like the AFC and NFC North divisions are the real deal this year (AFCN=19-10, NFCN=19-11).

- The 92/93 seasons were the only time in SuperBowl history to be played by the same teams (Boys/Bills). Perhaps the Steelers will get a chance for revenge...

Of course they do. The Steelers look unstoppable right now. I think they will whip the Packers next time if we see a rematch.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 2:44:52 PM
At 11/1/2011 11:57:18 AM, inferno wrote:
At 11/1/2011 11:52:56 AM, Lasagna wrote:

Niners got it.

1) Packers
2) Niners
3) Steelers
4) Ravens
5) Pats
6) Saints
7) Bills
8) Lions
9) Giants
10) Bears

Of course they do. The Steelers look unstoppable right now. I think they will whip the Packers next time if we see a rematch.

There will be some differences this time around due to draft and injuries. Packers won't have Collins, Barnett, or Jenkins on defense. By the time the playoffs come we will have So'oto in for Barnett and Mike Neal in for Jenkins, so that should even it back out but it's likely there will be a few plays at safety where Collins' pro-bowl skill-level will be missed (Burnett is doing an OK job filling in for him). The Packers offense is loaded even more than last year though to the point of ridiculousness, adding Finley, Cobb, Grant, Williams, and Green as well as some fresh blood to the o-line. The only reason this offense hasn't claimed the "greatest show on turf" award away from the Rams (ten years ago) is that none of the runningbacks are elite.

The Steelers couldn't play Harrison against the Pack, which must have really sucked for them and the Pack won't have that luxury again if they meet. I know a lot less about the Steelers squad but the Pack was able to handle them pretty well using the spread offense, which took away the guessing as to who was covering who in the backfield and really simplified the reads for Rodgers.
Rob
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 12:30:26 PM
for fun, here's the season-opening power rankings:
I'm a little silly this morning so I made this a "Ive got 99 problems, but:" theme.

1) packs
"Ive got 99 problems, but:" losing a game within the last 12 months ain't one.
2) Pats
"Ive got 99 problems, but:" wide receivers groping vaginas in nightclubs is definitely one.
3) Steeleers
"Ive got 99 problems, but:" having a QB who rapes hookers isn't one.
4) Igles
"Ive got 99 problems, but:" Andy Reid's O-face ain't one: http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com...
5) Saints
"Ive got 99 problems, but:" choking against winless teams ain't one.
6) Falcos
"Ive got 99 problems, but:" blowing all our draft picks in vein ain't one.
7) Planes
"Ive got 99 problems, but:" Mark Sanchez is probably one.
8) Ravens
"Ive got 99 problems, but:" having too good an offense ain't one.
9) Colts
"Ive got 99 problems, but:" the sweet milk out of Manning's teet ain't one.
10) Bolts
"Ive got 99 problems, but:" choking ain't one.
11) Texans
"Ive got 99 problems, but:" the Colts ain't one.
12) Bucs
"Ive got 99 problems, but:" too much experience ain't one.
13) dabears
"Ive got 52 problems, but:" Matt Forte ain't one
14) boys
"Ive got 99 problems, but:" Vick is the biggest one.
15) Giants
"Ive got 99 problems, but:" Brandon Jacobs' over-popularity ain't one.
16) lions
"Ive got 99 problems, but:" ynuhndawmakoong Suh's outstanding record of philanthropy ain't one.
17) Rams
"Ive got 99 problems, but:" yeah that's about right.
18) Chiefs
"Ive got 99 problems, but:" being best known for a snickers commercial ain't one.
19) Jags
"Ive got 99 problems, but:" never accomplishing anything ever ain't one.
20) Vikes
"Ive got 99 problems, but:" at least f*cking McNabb ain't one.
21) Cards
"Ive got 99 problems, but:" at least we ain't the colts.
22) Raiders
"Ive got 99 problems, but:" you can make it 100 once Terrel Pryor starts playing.
23) Titans
"Ive got 99 problems, but:" CJ2K's complacency is one.
24) Dolphins
"Ive got 99 problems, but:" acting like we're trying not to tank for Luck ain't one.
25) Seachickens
"Ive got 99 problems, but:" this years' playoffs ain't one.
26) Niners
"Ive got 99 problems, but:" upsetting the lions and punking their coach after the game like a little b*tch ain't one.
27) broncs
"Ive got 99 problems, but:" Tim Tebow's faith ain't one.
28) skins
"Ive got 99 problems, but:" sliding from first to last place in the division ain't one.
29) browns
"Ive got 99 problems, but:" being the most historically unproductive team in NFL history is one.
30) bills
"Ive got 99 problems, but:" the Pats ain't one.
31) panties
"Ive got 99 problems, but:" getting some more high draft picks this year won't be one.
32) Bangels
"Ive got 99 problems, but:" the T. Ocho show ain't one.
Rob