B.J Penn retires

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 2:05:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
BJ Penn and Cro Cop retired that day. :(

I think was time though. No reason for guys past their prime to continue.

Roy Nelson must be off his rocker if he thinks he stands a chance against Cain or Santos.

Then again, Nick Diaz is insane for calling GSP scared. GSP is itchin to beat the crap out of Diaz.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 2:46:12 PM
I don't have the $ to follow the sport. Has GSP ever met his match? Last I heard they were hoping he would try to increase his weight to at least give him a chance of meeting someone that could beat him.
Rob
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 2:14:41 AM
At 11/1/2011 2:46:12 PM, Lasagna wrote:
I don't have the $ to follow the sport. Has GSP ever met his match? Last I heard they were hoping he would try to increase his weight to at least give him a chance of meeting someone that could beat him.

You can just look up the fights after they ended, or watch the highlights afterwards that's what I do when I can't find a free live stream.

GSP has not fought an opponent who can actually match up with him since he fought maybe Matt Hughes, or B.J Penn the first time. I think Diaz can match up with GSP, I think Diaz has the best chance. Diaz and Penn were regarded as the guys with the best boxing in the MMA. I think Diaz has an edge in striking he is taller, he has a longer reach, so because of these factors his stand up I would say is better than GSP. GSP probably has the edge over him in the ground game, as well as wrestling. Diaz is a BJJ black belt as well though, keeping him on the ground probably won't be easy.

I think Diaz gonna beat GSP

As for moving up in weight... I doubt it. GSP has nothing to gain from doing that, he has no reason moving up in weight to fight silva. Silva is already considered a big Middleweight, he is like 6'2, 6'3. We have a better chance of Silva moving up to 205 to fight instead of GSP.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 2:16:01 AM
At 11/1/2011 2:05:23 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
BJ Penn and Cro Cop retired that day. :(

I think was time though. No reason for guys past their prime to continue.

Roy Nelson must be off his rocker if he thinks he stands a chance against Cain or Santos.

Then again, Nick Diaz is insane for calling GSP scared. GSP is itchin to beat the crap out of Diaz.

I agree B.J Penn retiring didn't really shock me. His last 4 fights were a mess. with no wins and a draw, i would retire too, he basically wasted a whole year.

Diaz is not insane, he did that now he gets to fight GSP first over Condit
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 6:00:26 AM
At 11/2/2011 2:14:41 AM, Loserboi wrote:
At 11/1/2011 2:46:12 PM, Lasagna wrote:

You can just look up the fights after they ended, or watch the highlights afterwards that's what I do when I can't find a free live stream.

GSP has not fought an opponent who can actually match up with him since he fought maybe Matt Hughes,

Wow that was the better half of a decade ago. Whatever happened to hughes?

or B.J Penn the first time. I think Diaz can match up with GSP, I think Diaz has the best chance. Diaz and Penn were regarded as the guys with the best boxing in the MMA. I think Diaz has an edge in striking he is taller, he has a longer reach, so because of these factors his stand up I would say is better than GSP. GSP probably has the edge over him in the ground game, as well as wrestling. Diaz is a BJJ black belt as well though, keeping him on the ground probably won't be easy.

I think Diaz gonna beat GSP

As for moving up in weight... I doubt it. GSP has nothing to gain from doing that, he has no reason moving up in weight to fight silva. Silva is already considered a big Middleweight, he is like 6'2, 6'3. We have a better chance of Silva moving up to 205 to fight instead of GSP.

This Diaz guy must be something special. Everyone eventually loses in the UFC though no matter how good they are.
Rob
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 3:15:47 PM
At 11/2/2011 6:00:26 AM, Lasagna wrote:

Wow that was the better half of a decade ago. Whatever happened to hughes?
He got old

This Diaz guy must be something special. Everyone eventually loses in the UFC though no matter how good they are.

I believe Silva will remain undefeated in the UFC
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 1:57:39 AM
I'm in love with this Diaz guy - I've never seen him before. I don't like cocky athletes - in fact I f*cking hate them - but like I said in the other forum, I don't consider MMA a sport. Diaz isn't an athlete, he's a gladiator.

He reminds me of so many guys I knew growing up that were so cocky and won fights just like he did, without necessarily looking all that tough but just having that perfect balance of height/reach, talent, and calmness. Diaz isn't really fast or strong as far as I can tell, he's just good.

I just watched his fights against Daley, Pacquio, Shamrock, and Cyborg. I'm going to save the rest for later. I also watched GSP's first two fights. These two fighters are truly awesome and I can't wait to see it.
Rob
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 4:40:20 PM
At 11/4/2011 1:57:39 AM, Lasagna wrote:
I'm in love with this Diaz guy - I've never seen him before. I don't like cocky athletes - in fact I f*cking hate them - but like I said in the other forum, I don't consider MMA a sport. Diaz isn't an athlete, he's a gladiator.

He reminds me of so many guys I knew growing up that were so cocky and won fights just like he did, without necessarily looking all that tough but just having that perfect balance of height/reach, talent, and calmness. Diaz isn't really fast or strong as far as I can tell, he's just good.

I just watched his fights against Daley, Pacquio, Shamrock, and Cyborg. I'm going to save the rest for later. I also watched GSP's first two fights. These two fighters are truly awesome and I can't wait to see it.

I wouldn't consider GSP a gladiator, he really tries to just out wrestle his opponents, and all his fights are pretty boring in that regard. B.J Penn, Diaz and the guys in the light heavy weight division are fun to watch. If you wanna see a brawl you should watch Edgar vs Maynard 2.

P.S I love this guy's trailers