Jump to topic:

UFC sues New York

Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 5:45:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Well, it looks like the battle to legalize MMA cage fights in New York state is finally going to court. I for one say it is about time for the MMA fighters of America to stand up for their constitutional rights in the face of this tyrrany. MMA cage fights are protected under the 1st ammendment and New York still keeps it legal. I sincerly hope the UFC wins. What do all of y'all think about this?

http://bleacherreport.com...
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2011 8:05:57 AM
If the First Amendment covers this sort of thing, the only legally coherent result can be prohibition of requiring state sanction for events, not just requiring the government to sanction this particular promotion's events.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2011 12:58:01 PM
At 11/24/2011 5:45:28 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
Well, it looks like the battle to legalize MMA cage fights in New York state is finally going to court. I for one say it is about time for the MMA fighters of America to stand up for their constitutional rights in the face of this tyrrany. MMA cage fights are protected under the 1st ammendment and New York still keeps it legal. I sincerly hope the UFC wins. What do all of y'all think about this?

http://bleacherreport.com...:

Interesting. I had no idea that the State of New York banned MMA bouts in their state. I think the State has a right to not allow it, however, it would be very beneficial to them to listen to their constituents too. As they can see, the revenue generated by the UFC is good for the economy. And if NY allows boxing, but not MMA, they should be able to provide a good reason.

As it stands now, the stats don't lie. MMA is still one of the safest full-contact sports on the planet (less injuries than football and boxing). NY will be dragged into the 21st century kicking and screaming, but it will be dragged their nonetheless.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)