Jump to topic:

Green Bay Packers Undefeated

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 11:23:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
This one might go down in the history books. As you can plainly see, the NFC is not what is use to be. And now the Green Bay Packers have the chance to break or tie the all time record for most games won in a post and regular season and including the Super Bowl. I think they might pull it off ! Holy cow. We may be witnessing history in the making. I dont see anybody beating this defensive back infested team anytime soon. Their quarterback is very accurate, and is almost never sacked.
He has the least interceptions, and this team has one of the best field goal kickers today. The offense is flawless if ask me and the rushing yard percentage is ridiculous. What do you think ? Can The Packers be stopped ? I am here.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 12:01:58 PM
I can't see anyone stopping Green Bay this season. I picked the Giants to beat them next week, but that is admittedly based on wishful thinking (wanting them to make the playoffs) and a very unsubstantiated hunch with nothing to back it up :P

This season/record solidifies Green Bay as the #1 football franchise, IMO. They are to football what the Yankees are to baseball and the Lakers are to basketball. Sure, other teams will win, but you can count on them to be consistently strong and have a better than average chance at making it pretty far in the vast majority of seasons.

The next top 4 teams IMO are the Saints, Ravens, 49ers and Steelers. We know what to expect if/when the Packers play the Saints: a very high-scoring game considering both teams have explosive offenses and phenomenal QBs. The Ravens are a fairly complete team, but neither their offense nor defense is as strong as Green Bays and so I don't think they can win. I think the Ravens are better than the Steelers, but that the Steelers would actually have a better chance at beating the Pack. I can't see any other team in the AFC really standing a chance, actually. I agree with Lasagna that the NFC Championship is going to be more exciting than the Superbowl. It'll be Green Bay vs. either the Saints or 49ers, and I'm curious as fvck to see them play the Niners. I do think they'd beat the Niners too lol. I think the Saints are their best possible rivals.

I also think the Saints are the only team who I would pick to beat the Packers. While the Pack has a better defense, I do think the Saints have a better offense. There. I said it. So if they could manage to put up some points and their D is able to somewhat contain the Pack, I think the Saints are the only team who could prevent a Green Bay Superbowl victory. In that case, I'd love to see the Saints play the Ravens.
President of DDO
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 2:16:57 PM
The Saints are the only team that scares me. Everyone else will be handled with relative ease. They may get a quarter, maybe a half, but they can't stop Rodgers for four quarters without him finding his groove and having a 14 or 21 point scoring surge. The Packers' west coast design is actually meant to do that; they play a scheme of plays and then adjust them to match how the other team responds to them.

The Giants have as good a chance as anyone to win this week. They beat the Pats, so they will be looking to recreate that formula. If Rodgers isn't contained early, however, and they start running off the clock against the Giants' 32nd-ranked running defense, this could turn into a very ugly game.
Rob
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 2:29:17 PM
At 12/1/2011 2:16:57 PM, Lasagna wrote:
The Saints are the only team that scares me. Everyone else will be handled with relative ease. They may get a quarter, maybe a half, but they can't stop Rodgers for four quarters without him finding his groove and having a 14 or 21 point scoring surge. The Packers' west coast design is actually meant to do that; they play a scheme of plays and then adjust them to match how the other team responds to them.

The Giants have as good a chance as anyone to win this week. They beat the Pats, so they will be looking to recreate that formula. If Rodgers isn't contained early, however, and they start running off the clock against the Giants' 32nd-ranked running defense, this could turn into a very ugly game.

The Saints. Oh please dont be so reluctantly naive. They cannot stop the Pacs.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 2:36:16 PM
At 12/1/2011 2:29:17 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 2:16:57 PM, Lasagna wrote:

The Saints. Oh please dont be so reluctantly naive. They cannot stop the Pacs.

They were literally inches from beating the Packers day one.
Rob
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 9:53:30 PM
In the Packers' narrowest victory amongst their 18 straight, they have done away with Danielle's Giants. The receivers were having an off-day today, dropping at least 6 passes and possibly making the Giants' performance appear a bit more heroic than it really was.

If San Fran loses to Pitt in week 15, they'd have 3 losses with two games to play. This would mean the Packers clinch seed #1 and could sit the last two games, finishing 14-2. Should they do it? I heard an analyst say today that if you don't strive for perfection, you won't get it, making an indirect stab at the '09 Colts for doing just this. Sitting these two games would mean 27 straight days without action for the starters...
Rob
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 7:59:42 AM
At 12/4/2011 9:53:30 PM, Lasagna wrote:
In the Packers' narrowest victory amongst their 18 straight, they have done away with Danielle's Giants. The receivers were having an off-day today, dropping at least 6 passes and possibly making the Giants' performance appear a bit more heroic than it really was.

If San Fran loses to Pitt in week 15, they'd have 3 losses with two games to play. This would mean the Packers clinch seed #1 and could sit the last two games, finishing 14-2. Should they do it? I heard an analyst say today that if you don't strive for perfection, you won't get it, making an indirect stab at the '09 Colts for doing just this. Sitting these two games would mean 27 straight days without action for the starters...

They still might have to play them again if they make it to the playoffs. Playing the Saints and the 49ers wont be easy. So it aint over yet.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2011 9:42:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
So much for going 16-0. It seems to me that one of the greatest quarterbacks of our time has hit a stumbling block. It is called getting tagged outside his comfort zone. Bingo.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2011 1:34:32 PM
Their offense is weakening as we speak. The pocket has been exposed, and their running backs are slowing down a bit. Injuries plague the roster, but well see how resilient these guys are this time around. Rodgers is banged up, and he may get even more banged up if they go up against a 49ers defense. Stay tuned ladies and gents. This one is gonna be good.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2012 6:01:59 PM
At 1/3/2012 9:45:14 AM, inferno wrote:
Packers looking good so far. I expect them to be back in the Super Bowl after their latest performances.

They are holding back more than you know. So are other teams of course. But McCarthy has the advantage of not needing these last games half as much as others so there's more of his playbook to hide. Expect Randall Cobb to be a shocker in at least one game. That guy is extremely athletic and I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up with a TD pass in this postseason.
Rob
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 9:35:42 AM
At 1/3/2012 6:01:59 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Packers looking good so far. I expect them to be back in the Super Bowl after their latest performances.

They are holding back more than you know. So are other teams of course. But McCarthy has the advantage of not needing these last games half as much as others so there's more of his playbook to hide. Expect Randall Cobb to be a shocker in at least one game. That guy is extremely athletic and I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up with a TD pass in this postseason.

Have you seen Matthew Ryan at the wheel. This guy is almost as good as Rodgers himself. Come on man. Its a wrap. The Packers are the best offensive/defensive team in the league. They have a quarterback who can put up 300 yds passing in no time flat.
I think the Packers are gonna win this thing for sure.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 5:35:35 PM
At 1/4/2012 9:35:42 AM, inferno wrote:
At 1/3/2012 6:01:59 PM, Lasagna wrote:

Have you seen Matthew Ryan at the wheel. This guy is almost as good as Rodgers himself. Come on man. Its a wrap. The Packers are the best offensive/defensive team in the league. They have a quarterback who can put up 300 yds passing in no time flat.
I think the Packers are gonna win this thing for sure.

Nobody will refute the Packers have the most talent in the NFL. But there are still 11 other teams to beat and the Pack will need luck on thier side to win this as well. Skill doesn't do it alone. Also, they need to maintain the morale.
Rob
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 5:32:18 PM
Actually they're pretty horrible defensively. Lead the league in interceptions though, so they're not to be taken lightly. You have to get in Rodgers face or he's going to murder you. I don't like that talk of him being a system QB. Only 4 teams in the playoffs have a shot at beating the Packs. Ravens, Niners, Saints, and Giants
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 10:12:33 PM
At 1/5/2012 5:32:18 PM, MarquisX wrote:
Actually they're pretty horrible defensively. Lead the league in interceptions though, so they're not to be taken lightly. You have to get in Rodgers face or he's going to murder you. I don't like that talk of him being a system QB. Only 4 teams in the playoffs have a shot at beating the Packs. Ravens, Niners, Saints, and Giants

It would be a shame if the Niners didn't get a crack at the Packers - Saints already had their shot and lost.
Rob
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 11:16:23 AM
Yeah, fortunately the Saints kryptonite is playing away from the Superdome. I think their last away game, they barely beat the Titans by 5 points. And we can't forget their embarrassing loss last year to the worst playoff team ever. Also away. I'm just hoping that the Giants get another crack at beating you guys because I really don't want the niners walking onto Lambeau field haha.
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 11:41:49 AM
At 1/6/2012 11:16:23 AM, MarquisX wrote:
Yeah, fortunately the Saints kryptonite is playing away from the Superdome. I think their last away game, they barely beat the Titans by 5 points. And we can't forget their embarrassing loss last year to the worst playoff team ever. Also away. I'm just hoping that the Giants get another crack at beating you guys because I really don't want the niners walking onto Lambeau field haha.

I was just listening to a talk-show guy talk about how the Saints were heavily flawed on the road. They did OK in Lambeau but that was during a moderate September; late Jan in Green Bay is horrible. In most places, you get sick when it gets cold. In GB you get sick for the cold, then get sick again for the deep cold. Even after your body makes that second transition, an athlete still needs one more phase. My nose is stuffy right now because I just went through that, going for a jog the other night in -5 wind chill. I'm just now getting fully conditioned for this so I don't know how the Saints will be able to in a few days.

It's freakishly warm today (40s) but the Saints can expect can expect it to be about 30-40 degrees colder by the time they get to town.
Rob
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 12:35:01 PM
At 1/9/2012 10:28:18 AM, inferno wrote:
Packers are undefeated at home this season.

Our divisional opponent the Lions haven't won here since 1991.
Rob