Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

Suh hasn't hit rock bottom yet apparently

Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 1:02:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Suh just wrecked his car.

"Police say Suh was not impaired and was cooperative with officers following the accident at about 1:15 a.m. Saturday. Suh lost control of the 1970 Chevrolet Coupe he was driving, which then hit a curb, light pole, drinking fountain and tree. His vehicle was towed from the scene."

He didn't yell at the cops like he did the refs the other day, so that's a step up. Maybe he was just trying to remove himself from a situation and had to hit all those things to get out of the way of someone.
Rob
theitalianstallion
Posts: 1,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 3:09:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/4/2011 1:11:05 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
Why's he driving a 1970 car? Lol.

Classic American muscle - 1970 Chevrolet Coupe? - probably a restored Camaro.

And this whole deal with Suh has been blown out of proportion. He didn't actually stomp on the O-lineman, he just made the motion. People have been calling for his head, but for what reasons? IMO, this is his first real offensel; the others that he has been fined for have been because he was to rough with QB's.
When Reach fell, I came.
theitalianstallion
Posts: 1,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 8:19:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/4/2011 3:43:16 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
You're right, he just needed his head as a hand rest to get up, and his hand simply kept "slipping"

I'm not talking about when he pushed the O-lineman's head into the ground, I'm talking about when he got up, which is what seems to be what is causing all the outrage. He was punished and deservedly so, but the public and media outrage is uncalled for.
When Reach fell, I came.
Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 8:57:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Dude this was one of the most heavily-watched football games ever. It was Thanksgiving day. Suh even made a commercial which aired right before the incident which was super-cheesy, and homely, telling everyone to enjoy their holiday food. A few minutes later he's throwing a violent temper-tantrum and setting the worst possible example in front of the entire country.
Rob
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 11:03:46 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/4/2011 3:09:15 PM, theitalianstallion wrote:
At 12/4/2011 1:11:05 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
Why's he driving a 1970 car? Lol.

Classic American muscle - 1970 Chevrolet Coupe? - probably a restored Camaro.

And this whole deal with Suh has been blown out of proportion. He didn't actually stomp on the O-lineman, he just made the motion. People have been calling for his head, but for what reasons? IMO, this is his first real offensel; the others that he has been fined for have been because he was to rough with QB's.

He has the most personal fouls in all of the NFL over the last few years (can't remember if it is last 2 years or last 3 years), so this is really just the latest in a long line of issues for him.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 9:55:17 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Apparently there were two women in the car who fled the scene, and later reported they had sustained minor injuries in the crash. I guess we'll leave it up to our imaginations why they couldn't stay to see the cops...
Rob
The_Lwerd
Posts: 56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 11:38:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/6/2011 9:55:17 AM, Lasagna wrote:
Apparently there were two women in the car who fled the scene, and later reported they had sustained minor injuries in the crash. I guess we'll leave it up to our imaginations why they couldn't stay to see the cops...

I have the scene in my head of Quagmire's house getting hit by a car and a bunch of girls in their underwear fleeing for their freedom.
theitalianstallion
Posts: 1,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 12:14:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/5/2011 11:03:46 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

He has the most personal fouls in all of the NFL over the last few years (can't remember if it is last 2 years or last 3 years), so this is really just the latest in a long line of issues for him.

Most of those fouls are a direct result of the league protecting the quarterbacks too much.
When Reach fell, I came.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 5:11:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/6/2011 12:14:35 PM, theitalianstallion wrote:
Most of those fouls are a direct result of the league protecting the quarterbacks too much.

Touche.
President of DDO
Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 5:13:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"One of the women in the vehicle is quoted in the police report as saying she told Suh that she needed medical attention. She said Suh refused her request and told her she was fine. She then walked down the street and had her husband pick her up and take her to a hospital...'When the light turned green, he floored it," one of the passengers told KGW-TV. "I just remember going so fast and it was violent, and just getting thrown around like rag dolls.' "
Rob
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 5:15:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/6/2011 5:13:48 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Danielle who is "the_Lwerd?"

We are playing a Mystery Mafia game where we were allowed to create alt. non-voting accounts in order to hide our real identities in the game. The_Lwerd may or may not be me ;)
President of DDO
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 5:31:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/6/2011 12:14:35 PM, theitalianstallion wrote:
At 12/5/2011 11:03:46 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

He has the most personal fouls in all of the NFL over the last few years (can't remember if it is last 2 years or last 3 years), so this is really just the latest in a long line of issues for him.

Most of those fouls are a direct result of the league protecting the quarterbacks too much.

If they are a result of the league being too protective, then we would see this to with all. Really, the rules adjusted (if they adjusted too far or not is a personal opinion) and he didn't while most other players did.

Law of nature, adapt or die.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 6:18:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/6/2011 5:31:52 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
If they are a result of the league being too protective, then we would see this to with all. Really, the rules adjusted (if they adjusted too far or not is a personal opinion) and he didn't while most other players did.

Law of nature, adapt or die.

Also very true. I think the point is that while he could have (and should have) adapted, I can understand his competitive nature and see why he's having a difficult time with it. Sucks for him, I guess. Hopefully he figures out a way to change so that his talents aren't wasted.
President of DDO
theitalianstallion
Posts: 1,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 7:03:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/6/2011 5:31:52 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

If they are a result of the league being too protective, then we would see this to with all. Really, the rules adjusted (if they adjusted too far or not is a personal opinion) and he didn't while most other players did.

Law of nature, adapt or die.

Very true. But I understand why he has had trouble adjusting, he is playing exactly like he did at the collegiate level where his aggressive style of play is not penalized, or singled out, as much.

I do think that he will adjust in due time, and it will take time, but he does have the work ethic to do it
When Reach fell, I came.
Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 9:06:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/6/2011 12:14:35 PM, theitalianstallion wrote:
At 12/5/2011 11:03:46 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

He has the most personal fouls in all of the NFL over the last few years (can't remember if it is last 2 years or last 3 years), so this is really just the latest in a long line of issues for him.

Most of those fouls are a direct result of the league protecting the quarterbacks too much.

They need to protect the QB, otherwise there will be cheap hits on him and he won't last the season. All the best QBs like Rodgers and Brady will be targets to injure instead of players to outperform.
Rob
theitalianstallion
Posts: 1,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 10:34:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/6/2011 9:06:52 PM, Lasagna wrote:


They need to protect the QB, otherwise there will be cheap hits on him and he won't last the season. All the best QBs like Rodgers and Brady will be targets to injure instead of players to outperform.

I understand the importance of some of them - no hits below the knee, no late hits, no helmet to helmet - but others go to far. It seems like anytime a qb takes a big hit, a flag comes out.
When Reach fell, I came.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2011 10:14:21 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Lasagna, I was just about to challenge you to a debate over whether or not the NFL protects the QB too much. I think it would be a fun discussion :) I thought about it, and then realized I'm sort of on the fence. On one hand, I definitely do think it takes away from the game, being so critical on the defense and causing them to think twice about their hits. I don't think they can always control the momentum of what's happening, they are frequently unfairly penalized, and are faced with a sort of anomaly in wanting to do their job well by hitting hard, but have the fear of penalty in the back of their head if they accidentally slip-up. There are a lot of other arguments for this side as well.

However, I do think it's important to protect the QB for a variety of reasons. As Joe Montana once said, "The name of the game is kill the quarterback." So, I thought about it and realized that the entire offensive scheme can be shifted if teams really think it's important to protect the QB. For instance, put another player on the O-line. Now, does this mean the NFL should allow 12 players on the field at once? Or does it mean conscientious offensive coordinators should simply implement this, causing a dynamic shift in the offensive spread (such as removing the number of receivers or backs on the field, etc.).

At the end of the day, I think for the sake of the game there is too much protection of QBs. However considering the NFL is about making money and not about some romantic love of the game, then I think it makes sense to implement the rules, however unfair they might be.
President of DDO