Jump to topic:

NBA Returns On Christmas Day

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 10:41:27 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am so glad that the NBA has returned from the land of OZ. We all know that lockouts in sports can cause tensions the same way labor disputes do in the world of business. But the show must go on, and there is money to be made.
Sure there are some major franchises, such as New Orleans, and Oakland, that may suffer because of the current economic climate as well as poor advertisers and main events. There is too much at stake here now. Last years NBA Finals was one of the most watched Finals on record. There are more pros than there are cons. So let the games begin. I am ready for some basketball. Are you.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 3:52:53 PM
There are more pros than there are cons.

I don't know this is the NBA you're talking about... I'll bet there are more cons playing the game than pros.

*drum
Rob
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 8:13:34 AM
At 12/13/2011 3:52:53 PM, Lasagna wrote:

I don't know this is the NBA you're talking about... I'll bet there are more cons playing the game than pros.

*drum

That may be so..........But until you see it in reality, then you will enjoy it all the same. Just wait and see.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 9:13:31 AM
At 12/15/2011 8:13:34 AM, inferno wrote:

*drum

That may be so..........But until you see it in reality, then you will enjoy it all the same. Just wait and see.

The pun sails right over inferno's head.

*drum continues
Rob
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 3:23:35 PM
At 12/15/2011 9:13:31 AM, Lasagna wrote:
At 12/15/2011 8:13:34 AM, inferno wrote:

*drum

The pun sails right over inferno's head.

*drum continues

I love the NBA. Last year was a landmark year for that sport. They garnered one of the highest ratings in NBA Finals history. Who knows how far they will go this time with all of the controversy.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 9:13:38 PM
So does anyone know how the negotiations got settled? In particular, was it the players or the owners that conceded?
Rob
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 9:19:48 AM
At 12/15/2011 9:13:38 PM, Lasagna wrote:
So does anyone know how the negotiations got settled? In particular, was it the players or the owners that conceded?

Both. They came up with a deal, but many team members were removed from their roster and had to go to lower level teams. Well, some of them did.
But Chris Paul got the deal of a lifetime with the LA CLIPPERS. He is with Blake Griffin now, so you know this means trouble for everyone.
The NBA's ratings are even higher than they were last year. Isnt that something.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 12:35:55 PM
At 1/9/2012 9:19:48 AM, inferno wrote:

Both. They came up with a deal, but many team members were removed from their roster and had to go to lower level teams. Well, some of them did.
But Chris Paul got the deal of a lifetime with the LA CLIPPERS. He is with Blake Griffin now, so you know this means trouble for everyone.
The NBA's ratings are even higher than they were last year. Isnt that something.

Well I would think that would be expected with all the anticipation from the lock-out...
Rob
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 1:23:26 PM
At 1/9/2012 12:35:55 PM, Lasagna wrote:
At 1/9/2012 9:19:48 AM, inferno wrote:

Well I would think that would be expected with all the anticipation from the lock-out...

The NBA has changed. It is more entertaing right now than it has ever been before. You have Charles Barkley, who hosted Saturday Night Live this past weekend. The skit showed a parody between the perception of his TNT's Primetime Game Show, and the relation between him and his cast.
It was very insightful and funny at the same time.
So again, it was more publicity for the NBA. They are also being sponsored by the up and coming Asian Automobile giant, Kia.
So again, the more PR they get, the higher the ratings. I aint even talked about the drama and storylines yet.