Total Posts:52|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Playoffs? Are you kiddin' me? Playoffs?

Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 11:06:59 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
The Power Rankings haven't been moving now that teams have established themselves, but the playoff picture is heating up.

NFC
Locked: Packers, Saints, 49ers
Probable: Giants, Lions, Falcons
Sleepers: Bears, Cowboys, Seahawks, Cardinals

AFC
Locked: Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, Texans
Probable: Jets, Denver
Sleepers: Bengals, Titans, Raiders, Chargers

It was the year of the North divisions.
Rob
Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 12:09:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The hottest teams right now (based on winning streaks):

Green Bay Packers - 19
Houston Texans - 7
Denver Broncos - 6
New Orleans Saints, New England Patriots - 5
Baltimore Ravens, Pittsburgh Steelers - 4
Arizona Cardinals, New York Jets - 3
Rob
Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 1:17:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/14/2011 12:12:39 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
And the Pats and Broncos clash this up coming week.

Now that's an interesting dynamic. A prolific offense with a pathetic defense faces off against a stout defense with a questionable offense.

- can Tebow's running help keep Brady off the field?
- Will Brady's inevitable 20+ points be just too far beyond Tebow's ability to keep up?

Tebow's greatest victory against an opposing QB has been Philip Rivers, who was slumping badly at the time. I think Elway has been waiting for this game to finally test Tebow's resolve.
Rob
Xerge
Posts: 1,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 1:30:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hope the Lions make it. Even if they don't go to the Super Bowl, I will be glad to to least see them in the Playoffs.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 2:37:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The Pats defense is absolutely terrible, 32nd in the league. I expect the Broncos to run all over them, thus controlling the clock. The issue is that Brady will still probably score on a lot of the possessions he does get.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 3:53:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/14/2011 2:37:58 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
The Pats defense is absolutely terrible, 32nd in the league. I expect the Broncos to run all over them, thus controlling the clock. The issue is that Brady will still probably score on a lot of the possessions he does get.

Yes, but the big problem is that we all know that the Bronco's have the offense of a high school team for the first three quarters. I told my parents this after the last game, the Broncos need a new quarter back to play the first 3 quarters, then Tebow to play just the forth quarter.

Anyway, I think this really will be a game that Tebow cannot wait until the last quarter to win. If the Broncos can score and stay close throughout the game (controlling the clock to keep Brady off the field as long as possible to minimize his scores), then they might be able to come back in the 4th if down by only 10 or less (God willing, lol).

But if they have nothing going, Brady will have plenty of offensive drives and could easly take it to 35 - 7 by the 4th, then Tebow will have no chance at all (now, watch this happen and Tebow still win from that deficit).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 11:50:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/14/2011 3:53:19 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 12/14/2011 2:37:58 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
The Pats defense is absolutely terrible, 32nd in the league. I expect the Broncos to run all over them, thus controlling the clock. The issue is that Brady will still probably score on a lot of the possessions he does get.

Yes, but the big problem is that we all know that the Bronco's have the offense of a high school team for the first three quarters. I told my parents this after the last game, the Broncos need a new quarter back to play the first 3 quarters, then Tebow to play just the forth quarter.

Anyway, I think this really will be a game that Tebow cannot wait until the last quarter to win. If the Broncos can score and stay close throughout the game (controlling the clock to keep Brady off the field as long as possible to minimize his scores), then they might be able to come back in the 4th if down by only 10 or less (God willing, lol).

But if they have nothing going, Brady will have plenty of offensive drives and could easly take it to 35 - 7 by the 4th, then Tebow will have no chance at all (now, watch this happen and Tebow still win from that deficit).

Right, but my point is that the Pats D is so bad that even if the Broncos don't show until the second half, they could still score on them.

But they don't even need to score, just move the ball and control the clock. Win field position and make Brady have to engineer long drives. The Broncos' strength is their secondary and pass rush. If they can do that then they'll have a shot to overcome them in the fourth.
MarquisX
Posts: 925
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 2:18:27 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I think Denver can take them. Patriots are not as good as everyone thinks . I'm sorry but its true. Barely beat the skins last week.
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 9:18:08 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I told my parents this after the last game, the Broncos need a new quarter back to play the first 3 quarters, then Tebow to play just the forth quarter.

Yahweh isn't going to show up at all for a game that Tebow doesn't start. The Christian religion works largely on blind faith, so you've got to put Tebow in from the beginning and stick with him even when things look hopeless.
Rob
Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 9:18:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/15/2011 2:18:27 AM, MarquisX wrote:
I think Denver can take them. Patriots are not as good as everyone thinks . I'm sorry but its true. Barely beat the skins last week.

Didn't the Pats need to sweat out an onside kick just to take down indy?
Rob
MarquisX
Posts: 925
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 2:35:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/15/2011 9:18:37 AM, Lasagna wrote:
At 12/15/2011 2:18:27 AM, MarquisX wrote:
I think Denver can take them. Patriots are not as good as everyone thinks . I'm sorry but its true. Barely beat the skins last week.

Didn't the Pats need to sweat out an onside kick just to take down indy?

Yep. Tom Brady is a fantastic quarterback, but if this team wins the Superbowl,especially considering they'll be facing either Green Bay, New Orleans or the 49ers, with the niners being the only team they have a shot at beating, I'll eat my hat.
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
MarquisX
Posts: 925
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 9:42:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/15/2011 9:14:45 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Yeah we're looking at the Pack, or *maybe* the Saints, against an AFC north team in the SB.

Ravens vs Packers.
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 11:11:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/15/2011 9:42:32 PM, MarquisX wrote:
At 12/15/2011 9:14:45 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Yeah we're looking at the Pack, or *maybe* the Saints, against an AFC north team in the SB.

Ravens vs Packers.

You are definitely playing the odds with that pick.

Power Rankings:
1) Packers
2) Ravens
3) Saints
4) Steelers
5) Patriots
6) 49ers
Rob
Xerge
Posts: 1,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 11:29:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/15/2011 11:11:50 PM, Lasagna wrote:
At 12/15/2011 9:42:32 PM, MarquisX wrote:
At 12/15/2011 9:14:45 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Yeah we're looking at the Pack, or *maybe* the Saints, against an AFC north team in the SB.

Ravens vs Packers.

You are definitely playing the odds with that pick.

Power Rankings:
1) Packers
2) Ravens
3) Saints
4) Steelers
5) Patriots
6) 49ers

I have an odd feeling in that the Packers will end up like the Patriots when they were undefeated. They would make it all the way to the Super Bowl and lose.
Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 7:39:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/15/2011 11:29:03 PM, Xerge wrote:
At 12/15/2011 11:11:50 PM, Lasagna wrote:
At 12/15/2011 9:42:32 PM, MarquisX wrote:
At 12/15/2011 9:14:45 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Yeah we're looking at the Pack, or *maybe* the Saints, against an AFC north team in the SB.

Ravens vs Packers.

You are definitely playing the odds with that pick.

Power Rankings:
1) Packers
2) Ravens
3) Saints
4) Steelers
5) Patriots
6) 49ers

I have an odd feeling in that the Packers will end up like the Patriots when they were undefeated. They would make it all the way to the Super Bowl and lose.

Brady could do it. Eli or Brees could do it in the playoffs. There aren't any other QBs that can mount the 4th-quarter offensive necessary to put them away. The Packers are almost 200 points ahead of their opponents this year and have 27 interceptions (that's 9 more than anyone else).
Rob
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 11:22:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 7:39:01 AM, Lasagna wrote:
At 12/15/2011 11:29:03 PM, Xerge wrote:
At 12/15/2011 11:11:50 PM, Lasagna wrote:
At 12/15/2011 9:42:32 PM, MarquisX wrote:
At 12/15/2011 9:14:45 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Yeah we're looking at the Pack, or *maybe* the Saints, against an AFC north team in the SB.

Ravens vs Packers.

You are definitely playing the odds with that pick.

Power Rankings:
1) Packers
2) Ravens
3) Saints
4) Steelers
5) Patriots
6) 49ers

I have an odd feeling in that the Packers will end up like the Patriots when they were undefeated. They would make it all the way to the Super Bowl and lose.

Brady could do it. Eli or Brees could do it in the playoffs. There aren't any other QBs that can mount the 4th-quarter offensive necessary to put them away. The Packers are almost 200 points ahead of their opponents this year and have 27 interceptions (that's 9 more than anyone else).

Don't forget Tebow, lol. Number-wise, he couldn't do it, but for some damn reason, he still could.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 12:28:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 11:22:35 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 12/16/2011 7:39:01 AM, Lasagna wrote:
At 12/15/2011 11:29:03 PM, Xerge wrote:
At 12/15/2011 11:11:50 PM, Lasagna wrote:
At 12/15/2011 9:42:32 PM, MarquisX wrote:
At 12/15/2011 9:14:45 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Yeah we're looking at the Pack, or *maybe* the Saints, against an AFC north team in the SB.

Ravens vs Packers.

You are definitely playing the odds with that pick.

Power Rankings:
1) Packers
2) Ravens
3) Saints
4) Steelers
5) Patriots
6) 49ers

I have an odd feeling in that the Packers will end up like the Patriots when they were undefeated. They would make it all the way to the Super Bowl and lose.

Brady could do it. Eli or Brees could do it in the playoffs. There aren't any other QBs that can mount the 4th-quarter offensive necessary to put them away. The Packers are almost 200 points ahead of their opponents this year and have 27 interceptions (that's 9 more than anyone else).

Don't forget Tebow, lol. Number-wise, he couldn't do it, but for some damn reason, he still could.

Let's just wait and see how Tebow handles Brady for four quarters and then start making that argument. He hasn't beaten anyone with skill at the QB position save Philip Rivers who was in the middle of a 6-game slide at the time. Tebow can come back against Caleb Hanie and Marion Barber, but let's see him do it against Tom Brady and Wes Welker.
Rob
MarquisX
Posts: 925
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 1:03:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/15/2011 11:11:50 PM, Lasagna wrote:
At 12/15/2011 9:42:32 PM, MarquisX wrote:
At 12/15/2011 9:14:45 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Yeah we're looking at the Pack, or *maybe* the Saints, against an AFC north team in the SB.

Ravens vs Packers.

You are definitely playing the odds with that pick.

Power Rankings:
1) Packers
2) Ravens
3) Saints
4) Steelers
5) Patriots
6) 49ers

Lol yeah well they're ranked that way for a reason. Ravens swept the Steelers who beat the Patriots. Although they have been a bit tricky this year, losing to the Jags and the Seahawks. And i still believe the giants can beat the packers. I cried when they let Aaron Rodgers have his way with them after tying the game up with less than two minutes to go. That was pathetic.
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 4:49:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 1:03:02 PM, MarquisX wrote:
At 12/15/2011 11:11:50 PM, Lasagna wrote:
At 12/15/2011 9:42:32 PM, MarquisX wrote:
At 12/15/2011 9:14:45 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Yeah we're looking at the Pack, or *maybe* the Saints, against an AFC north team in the SB.

Ravens vs Packers.

You are definitely playing the odds with that pick.

Power Rankings:
1) Packers
2) Ravens
3) Saints
4) Steelers
5) Patriots
6) 49ers

Lol yeah well they're ranked that way for a reason. Ravens swept the Steelers who beat the Patriots. Although they have been a bit tricky this year, losing to the Jags and the Seahawks. And i still believe the giants can beat the packers. I cried when they let Aaron Rodgers have his way with them after tying the game up with less than two minutes to go. That was pathetic.

Aaron Rodgers will have his way with any team, dude.
Rob
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 5:01:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The only teams I think who have a legitimate and consistent shot at beating the Packers are the Saints, Giants and Steelers - in that order. I don't think the Ravens could beat the Packers, and the Patriots certainly can't. How the fvck is the 32nd ranked defense with their HORRIBLE pass protection going to stop Aaron? As I said, the NFC playoffs (especially the championship game) are going to be far more exciting to me than the Superbowl itself.

In the NFC, I'd be happy if any of the aforementioned teams made it to the big game. I love the Giants, love the Saints, and I've always liked the Packers (much to Vi's dismay with her being from Chicago and all... I also don't mind the Lions :-X). Plus, the Packers simply deserve it. As for the AFC, I obviously hope the Jets will win (as they are my favorite team in that conference), but I don't think they have a chance in Hell. As I said, the Steelers would probably be the only team I'd be excited to watch have a shot.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 5:03:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
If not the Steelers, then the Texans. I guess with Ray Rice the Ravens could run down the clock on Aaron much like the Broncos hope to do to Brady. The problem is that QBs of that stature don't need a heck of a lot of time to work with.
President of DDO
Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 10:46:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 5:01:49 PM, Danielle wrote:
The only teams I think who have a legitimate and consistent shot at beating the Packers are the Saints, Giants and Steelers - in that order. I don't think the Ravens could beat the Packers, and the Patriots certainly can't. How the fvck is the 32nd ranked defense with their HORRIBLE pass protection going to stop Aaron? As I said, the NFC playoffs (especially the championship game) are going to be far more exciting to me than the Superbowl itself.

How is the Packers' 31st ranked pass-defense gonna stop Brady and Welker? I say Brady edges out Rodgers, 72-65.

In the NFC, I'd be happy if any of the aforementioned teams made it to the big game. I love the Giants, love the Saints, and I've always liked the Packers (much to Vi's dismay with her being from Chicago and all... I also don't mind the Lions :-X). Plus, the Packers simply deserve it. As for the AFC, I obviously hope the Jets will win (as they are my favorite team in that conference), but I don't think they have a chance in Hell. As I said, the Steelers would probably be the only team I'd be excited to watch have a shot.

Well that's sort of... convenient... that all your favorite teams are in the playoffs. ha!
Rob
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 11:28:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 5:03:51 PM, Danielle wrote:
If not the Steelers, then the Texans. I guess with Ray Rice the Ravens could run down the clock on Aaron much like the Broncos hope to do to Brady. The problem is that QBs of that stature don't need a heck of a lot of time to work with.

I think a fully healthy Texans team would have a 50/50 shot against the Pack. Fully healthy as in, they have Andre, Schaub, and Mario. I mean, they have the #1 defense in the NFL without Mario. Their offense is also a beast when Schaub and Andre Johnson are both on the field. Its a shame that such a great team got so many injuries.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 11:30:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Also props to Wade Phillips. Turned the 31st ranked defense last year to the #1 defense. Thats got to be some kind of record.
Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 12:18:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 11:30:30 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Also props to Wade Phillips. Turned the 31st ranked defense last year to the #1 defense. Thats got to be some kind of record.

If you want to see a record, then be watching Christmas day.
Rob
MarquisX
Posts: 925
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 12:26:00 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 4:49:52 PM, Lasagna wrote:
At 12/16/2011 1:03:02 PM, MarquisX wrote:
At 12/15/2011 11:11:50 PM, Lasagna wrote:
At 12/15/2011 9:42:32 PM, MarquisX wrote:
At 12/15/2011 9:14:45 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Yeah we're looking at the Pack, or *maybe* the Saints, against an AFC north team in the SB.

Ravens vs Packers.

You are definitely playing the odds with that pick.

Power Rankings:
1) Packers
2) Ravens
3) Saints
4) Steelers
5) Patriots
6) 49ers

Lol yeah well they're ranked that way for a reason. Ravens swept the Steelers who beat the Patriots. Although they have been a bit tricky this year, losing to the Jags and the Seahawks. And i still believe the giants can beat the packers. I cried when they let Aaron Rodgers have his way with them after tying the game up with less than two minutes to go. That was pathetic.

Aaron Rodgers will have his way with any team, dude.

Not with less than a minute to go and they absolutely have to pass. There's no excuse for that. 8 men should be more than enough.
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 12:28:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 10:46:31 PM, Lasagna wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:01:49 PM, Danielle wrote:
The only teams I think who have a legitimate and consistent shot at beating the Packers are the Saints, Giants and Steelers - in that order. I don't think the Ravens could beat the Packers, and the Patriots certainly can't. How the fvck is the 32nd ranked defense with their HORRIBLE pass protection going to stop Aaron? As I said, the NFC playoffs (especially the championship game) are going to be far more exciting to me than the Superbowl itself.

How is the Packers' 31st ranked pass-defense gonna stop Brady and Welker? I say Brady edges out Rodgers, 72-65.


And you call yourself a football fan? The pack gives up yards, yes. But look at their turnover ratings. They force turnovers like nobody else. You can drive down the field but good luck keeping the ball long enough to win the game.

In the NFC, I'd be happy if any of the aforementioned teams made it to the big game. I love the Giants, love the Saints, and I've always liked the Packers (much to Vi's dismay with her being from Chicago and all... I also don't mind the Lions :-X). Plus, the Packers simply deserve it. As for the AFC, I obviously hope the Jets will win (as they are my favorite team in that conference), but I don't think they have a chance in Hell. As I said, the Steelers would probably be the only team I'd be excited to watch have a shot.

Well that's sort of... convenient... that all your favorite teams are in the playoffs. ha!
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 12:48:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/17/2011 12:28:34 AM, Mestari wrote:
At 12/16/2011 10:46:31 PM, Lasagna wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:01:49 PM, Danielle wrote:
The only teams I think who have a legitimate and consistent shot at beating the Packers are the Saints, Giants and Steelers - in that order. I don't think the Ravens could beat the Packers, and the Patriots certainly can't. How the fvck is the 32nd ranked defense with their HORRIBLE pass protection going to stop Aaron? As I said, the NFC playoffs (especially the championship game) are going to be far more exciting to me than the Superbowl itself.

How is the Packers' 31st ranked pass-defense gonna stop Brady and Welker? I say Brady edges out Rodgers, 72-65.


And you call yourself a football fan? The pack gives up yards, yes. But look at their turnover ratings. They force turnovers like nobody else. You can drive down the field but good luck keeping the ball long enough to win the game.

In the NFC, I'd be happy if any of the aforementioned teams made it to the big game. I love the Giants, love the Saints, and I've always liked the Packers (much to Vi's dismay with her being from Chicago and all... I also don't mind the Lions :-X). Plus, the Packers simply deserve it. As for the AFC, I obviously hope the Jets will win (as they are my favorite team in that conference), but I don't think they have a chance in Hell. As I said, the Steelers would probably be the only team I'd be excited to watch have a shot.

Well that's sort of... convenient... that all your favorite teams are in the playoffs. ha!

Lasagna is a huge cheesehead fan, I'm pretty sure he was joking.