Jump to topic:

Best Mannered Football players

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2011 1:13:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
In 2010, Drew Brees won the #1 spot and was the only football player to be on the top 10 list.

This year, Aaron Rodgers takes the #4 spot, and the highest for an athelete in 2011 (Tim Tebow took #10).

Now, I typically root against Aaron Rodgers because I'm naturally an under-dog supporter, which is why I love to see the come from behind wins on everything, not just games (like RG3 getting the heisman from Luck, who was "obviously" going to win in the beginning of the season). But I have nothing against Rodgers at all. I've never seen him act like an elitist QB (Eli, looking at you) and he has always seemed like a great guy in general, so I'm happy to see him make this list, even if I hope he does fall a little short of the records and such.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2011 2:55:14 PM
why do I come to these forums If I do not like sports? lol
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2011 3:03:18 PM
At 12/20/2011 1:13:40 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
In 2010, Drew Brees won the #1 spot and was the only football player to be on the top 10 list.

This year, Aaron Rodgers takes the #4 spot, and the highest for an athelete in 2011 (Tim Tebow took #10).

What are you taking this from? And is it a list of well mannered football players? No, because you said Brees was the only football player. Is it a list of well mannered athletes? No, because Rodgers was the highest athlete in 2011. Is it a list of well mannered people? Probably not; that would be dumb.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2011 3:18:04 PM
At 12/20/2011 3:03:18 PM, LeafRod wrote:

What are you taking this from? And is it a list of well mannered football players? No, because you said Brees was the only football player. Is it a list of well mannered athletes? No, because Rodgers was the highest athlete in 2011. Is it a list of well mannered people? Probably not; that would be dumb.

It's a list of well-mannered celebrities I bet.
Rob
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2011 3:54:41 PM

That's exactly what I was wondering o.O

I'd totally do Aaron Rodgers ;) He seems like a humble, hardworking, down to earth guy with a great personality. I always joke with my friends and say I'd sleep with Seth MacFarlane... because he deserves it! I might say the same about Aaron. But meh. Probably not. Maybe if he were on my team lol but other than that... Ew. I take it back. Still, I think he's pretty cool and I definitely love Drew Brees' work ethic and personality (or what he shows of it at least). He's my favorite QB in the league and Rodgers is probably 2nd. The fact that they happen to be football playing beasts is just an awesome coincidence.

@ Ore_Ele -- I'm not sure what to make of Eli Manning anymore :/ I've always hated him with a passion but for some reason he's growing on me... maybe.
President of DDO
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2011 11:19:21 AM

Can't believe I forgot the links.

http://www.nljc.com... (2010 and past)
http://www.nydailynews.com... (2011)
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2011 11:33:26 AM
Ten Best Mannered People of 2010

1. Drew Brees - for being positive example and helping New Orleans rebuild.
2. Justin Bieber - for...

Stopped reading.
Rob
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2011 11:40:49 AM
Oh f*ck it I'll give it another shot.

Ten Best Mannered People Of 2009

1. Taylor Swift- for the courtesy she shows to her fans.
2. Tim Tebow- for displaying good sportmanship on and off the field.
3. The Jonas Brothers - for...

Oh god...

8. Beyonce - for inspiring young people with her music and her manners.
9. Brett Favre - for being a positive example...

So Favre, in the midst of photographing his genitalia and MMSing them to cheerleaders behind his wife's back, is winning awards for best manners? Where did you dig this list up man, I'm half-expecting to see the Geico neanderthals showing up somewhere in the #6-8 range next year. "You will not see me at the pancake social tomorrow."
Rob
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2011 11:48:43 AM
At 12/21/2011 11:40:49 AM, Lasagna wrote:
Oh f*ck it I'll give it another shot.

Ten Best Mannered People Of 2009

1. Taylor Swift- for the courtesy she shows to her fans.
2. Tim Tebow- for displaying good sportmanship on and off the field.
3. The Jonas Brothers - for...

Oh god...

8. Beyonce - for inspiring young people with her music and her manners.
9. Brett Favre - for being a positive example...

So Favre, in the midst of photographing his genitalia and MMSing them to cheerleaders behind his wife's back, is winning awards for best manners? Where did you dig this list up man, I'm half-expecting to see the Geico neanderthals showing up somewhere in the #6-8 range next year. "You will not see me at the pancake social tomorrow."

Fine, I'll stop trying to pay compliments to Aaron Rodgers, sheesh.

I was only doing this because I kinda felt bad for always rooting against him, when all in all, he seems like a really nice guy.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2011 11:49:08 AM
Wow this gets better as you go back farther... Favre wins two more times, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Mel Gibson, Arnold Schwarzenneger, multiple awards for both Bush's and their wives...
Rob
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2011 2:32:28 PM
Yeah, this is garbage. These guys are a bunch of douches. I also think giving Kim Kardashian the most ill-mannered because of "making a private matter public and disrespecting the institution of marriage" is completely judgmental and close-minded.

F-ck these people.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2011 3:13:54 PM
At 12/21/2011 2:32:28 PM, LeafRod wrote:
Yeah, this is garbage. These guys are a bunch of douches. I also think giving Kim Kardashian the most ill-mannered because of "making a private matter public and disrespecting the institution of marriage" is completely judgmental and close-minded.

F-ck these people.

Well, any ranking scale on "manners" is going to be judgemental, since "proper manners" is subjective.

But I really only did this as a compliment to Rodgers, not to any other people on the list.
Xerge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2011 7:46:09 PM
At 12/21/2011 6:23:55 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Ndamukong Suh... such a gentleman.

I believe Ndamukong is a good guy. He just let his emotions get the better of him sometimes.

I believe the same with Ron Artist. He has a good heart...but the temper will take him over.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2011 7:47:59 PM
At 12/21/2011 7:46:09 PM, Xerge wrote:

I believe Ndamukong is a good guy. He just let his emotions get the better of him sometimes.

I believe the same with Ron Artist. He has a good heart...but the temper will take him over.:

I'm sure somebody, somewhere said the same thing about Hitler. :)
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Xerge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2011 10:23:51 PM
At 12/21/2011 7:47:59 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 12/21/2011 7:46:09 PM, Xerge wrote:

I believe the same with Ron Artist. He has a good heart...but the temper will take him over.:

I'm sure somebody, somewhere said the same thing about Hitler. :)

Come on man....Hitler?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 9:54:27 AM
At 12/22/2011 2:51:05 AM, LeafRod wrote:
Yeah but there are greater and lesser levels of judgment.

And how are you do jugde the various levels of judgment?
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 11:29:46 AM
Common sense. Judging someone to have bad manners because he or she acts like a douchebag and does genuinely bad things is more fair than judging someone to have bad manners as part of the mob mentality that leads so many Americans to think it's cool to hate reality TV stars while also using stupid reasoning like "ruining the sanctity of marriage."

This whole mob mentality is often pretty apparent when it comes to topics like politics or Justin Bieber or reality TV or whatever else, and it's annoying. People love to join up with a massive group that prides itself in hating things, which in and of itself is pathetic and close-minded.