Jump to topic:

The best player in football is...

Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2011 11:56:27 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Adrian Peterson. And his career may be over. It's interesting that just a week after Peterson was complaining that the Saints were intentionally trying to hurt him and twist his legs in the pile, a player actually does hurt him. It's almost like Peterson's destiny was to take a fall this year. Either that or defensive players are just getting sick of facing him.

I wonder what it must feel to be the greatest of the great, and then have it taken from you in an instant like that. He'll probably play again, don't get me wrong. But there's a very good chance that the player that returns will be Adrian Peterson in name only.
Rob
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 12:53:06 AM
At 12/25/2011 11:58:57 AM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
Seeing that you are a Packers fan, I would have though you would say "Aaron Rodgers" or something along those lines.

I think Lasagna's being honest and fair in his assessment. The fact is that Aaron Rodgers can be rivaled by Tom Brady and Drew Brees. There is no other RB in the game who can do what Peterson does. He is a beast. He seems like a decent fellow too. I feel really bad for the guy, but even worse for my fantasy team... I just can't catch a break! >.< Seriously though, you can't contain Peterson. Keep in mind that much of a QB's success is dependent on the O-line and of course receivers. Peterson has single-handedly proven his elite status and dominance. It'll be such a shame if his career is over or seriously derailed because of this.
President of DDO
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 1:22:52 AM
As great as Peterson's been, I can't help but feel that he could have been even better. Seeing him tear it up his first two seasons, I thought this could be a guy who could rush for 1700+ for the next 5 years, somebody who could be a top 3 all time. Unfortunately, he has played with terrible quarterbacks his whole career and has had to deal with 8 man fronts almost every game. Even when he had super-Favre at QB, the O-line turned to crap in the second half of the season. Don't get me wrong, this guy is a beast and has torn up everybody, I just feel like there's still a bit of a missed opportunity here. If this is indeed the end of his prime, anyway.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 1:43:24 AM
At 12/26/2011 1:22:52 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
Unfortunately, he has played with terrible quarterbacks his whole career

But that may have a lot to do with why he gets the ball so often, too.
President of DDO
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 7:37:45 AM
At 12/26/2011 12:53:06 AM, Danielle wrote:
Seeing that you are a Packers fan, I would have though you would say "Aaron Rodgers" or something along those lines.

I think Lasagna's being honest and fair in his assessment. The fact is that Aaron Rodgers can be rivaled by Tom Brady and Drew Brees. There is no other RB in the game who can do what Peterson does. He is a beast. He seems like a decent fellow too. I feel really bad for the guy, but even worse for my fantasy team... I just can't catch a break! >.< Seriously though, you can't contain Peterson. Keep in mind that much of a QB's success is dependent on the O-line and of course receivers. Peterson has single-handedly proven his elite status and dominance. It'll be such a shame if his career is over or seriously derailed because of this.

I'll give you that.
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 4:33:45 PM
At 12/26/2011 7:37:45 AM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
At 12/26/2011 12:53:06 AM, Danielle wrote:

I'll give you that.

I think Calvin Johnson is the best player in the game. However, I agree Adrian Peterson can have the most impact for a team.
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama