Jump to topic:

Predict the postseason

Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2012 1:38:48 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Now that we know how it is set up, let's get some predictions about the fate of the playoffs.

Det @ NO
Atl @ NY
@ GB
@ SF

Cin @ Hou
Pitt @ Den
@ NE
@ Bal

---

NFC Wildcard winners:
Saints and Giants.

NFC Divisional winners:
Packers and Saints

AFC Wildcard winners:
Cincinnati and Pittsburgh

AFC Divisional winners:
Patriots and Ravens

Green Bay over New England in a repeat of Superbowl XXXI
Rob
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2012 2:42:28 AM
I'm going to be totally and completely honest and say, I have no idea who's going to the Superbowl. I'm going with the niners but big whoop, I'm a niners fan. Here's why though.

How do you beat Aaron Rodgers and Drew brees? You minimize the time that they have the ball. Lets look at the defense real quick, the packs are ranked dead last in stopping the pass and the saints are ranked 30th. Alex Smith isn't going to bomb it down the field, and he doesn't need to. He's going to slowly but surely move the chains and waste a boatload of time. Frank Gore is rested up, he's got two good legs, guess who's going to be breaking off twenty yard runs? On the other side of the ball, packers and saints are ranked 1st and 2nd in scoring respectively but guess who's number 1 in scoring defense? So the immovable object meets the unstoppable force. Both teams don't have a run game, but even if they did, hard to run on San Fran. So what do you do? Go to the air. Two best quarterbacks in the game, you don't even need to be considering running. But they're going to have to be picture f*cking perfect cause those corners are absolute monsters. If the 49ers aren't number one in takeaways I'm betting my left nut they're number 1 in turnover ratio. Add that to the fact that the saints are half as good on the road as they are at home....idk man. Go Niners, Go Heat.
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2012 11:51:55 AM
Nelson is emerging as elite, Jennings is already there, and Finley is a monster. Jones has come through with huge plays in more games than I can count this year, and Driver and Cobb are dangerous enough to worry about. With a healthy Starks and a line that seems to be nearly back to full strength, there isn't a defense imaginable that is going to slow down the Packers. The defense statistics are misleading for many reasons, including how short their offensive drives are (they waste no time scoring), how good they are in the red zone, and their incredible interception numbers. The chances of seeing Rodgers lose any of these next three games seems minimal to me unless some serious injuries occur.
Rob