Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Colts to take Luck

Cobo
Posts: 556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2012 6:18:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/7/2012 6:01:36 PM, Lasagna wrote:
http://espn.go.com...

It seems inevitable.

So, any speculation of Manning joining another team and continuing to dominate? Or is he likely to retire?

Retire, probably. He's got a ring, he's good.
Doesn't look that hungry for more.
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest
Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 1:20:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Luck wants to play now, not wait a season. The returns he will get behind Manning will be inconsequential. From the Colts' perspective, it's a huge money-saver to defer on his contract as well. Another team would be happy to pay (is it $28M?) for a QB like him though. Manning seems married to that team so it's hard to say he'd accept another team, but his value as a QB is just so great that it's also hard to say he'd just throw in the towel. I think he'd be a good replacement for Sanchez on the Jets :)
Rob
UnStupendousMan
Posts: 3,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 1:35:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/8/2012 1:20:29 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Luck wants to play now, not wait a season. The returns he will get behind Manning will be inconsequential. From the Colts' perspective, it's a huge money-saver to defer on his contract as well. Another team would be happy to pay (is it $28M?) for a QB like him though. Manning seems married to that team so it's hard to say he'd accept another team, but his value as a QB is just so great that it's also hard to say he'd just throw in the towel. I think he'd be a good replacement for Sanchez on the Jets :)

Sanchez has continually grown throughout his three-year career. Is three years enough to say that one player is a bust? You don't say that with Josh Freeman, who has similar numbers. And the Sanchize has proven himself in the postseason, going to the AFC championship every year he has been in the postseason. I don't think that we can whistle Sanchez a bust yet.

And I think that Luck will go to the Browns.
UnStupendousMan
Posts: 3,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 2:18:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/8/2012 2:01:19 PM, Lasagna wrote:
I'd feel sorry for Luck then... the Browns have to be the overall worst franchise in NFL history.

Yup. Unless you are talking about Browns v.1.0, then they are a pretty good franchise that a crazy owner moved to Baltimore. ; )
Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 4:25:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/8/2012 2:18:48 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
At 1/8/2012 2:01:19 PM, Lasagna wrote:
I'd feel sorry for Luck then... the Browns have to be the overall worst franchise in NFL history.

Yup. Unless you are talking about Browns v.1.0, then they are a pretty good franchise that a crazy owner moved to Baltimore. ; )

Are the Ravens the original Browns or what...
Rob
UnStupendousMan
Posts: 3,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 5:13:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/8/2012 4:25:12 PM, Lasagna wrote:
At 1/8/2012 2:18:48 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
At 1/8/2012 2:01:19 PM, Lasagna wrote:
I'd feel sorry for Luck then... the Browns have to be the overall worst franchise in NFL history.

Yup. Unless you are talking about Browns v.1.0, then they are a pretty good franchise that a crazy owner moved to Baltimore. ; )

Are the Ravens the original Browns or what...

Here is how I think that the situation happened:

-Browns v1.0 get Art Moddell as owner
-Browns v1.0 move to Baltimore
-Cleveland is mad
-NFL creates Browns v2.0
-NFL take Browns v1.0's history and gives it to Browns v2.0

I'm not certain about it, but I think that's what went down.